College Discussion Thread.

October 31, 2011 @ 21:15:21
upper division classes arent really harder than lower div.. they just ask for more work/effort/time, but you should have an interest in it so it shouldnt be a big deal. i actually found lower div harder because they were all BS like memorize this book about artifacts in egypt or something (smh) and spit it out instead of working on a real life case study project or something. my 2 cents

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

November 01, 2011 @ 03:58:35
<p>upper division classes arent really harder than lower div.. they just ask for more work/effort/time</p>

Pretty much. I'd say upper div requires 20% more time.
November 01, 2011 @ 14:35:32
fuck mang. i completely forgot about teacher reccomendations. are teachers still willing to write them, this late in the admissions process? deadline for my top choice is Nov 15th
November 01, 2011 @ 14:41:29
teachers want at least 20 days before the deadline, at least thats how it is in washington.

Easy mang...

November 02, 2011 @ 03:49:54
<p>
</p><blockquote>
<div class="quote-info">
<div class="quote-from">Originally posted by
<div class="quote-name">overtheradar</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="quote-content">
<p>
</p>
<blockquote><p></p>
<div class="quote-info"><p></p>
<div class="quote-from">Originally posted by<p></p>
<div class="quote-name">soulamazing.</div>
<p>
</p></div>
<p>
</p></div>
<p></p>
<div class="quote-content"><p></p>
<p>
</p>
<p></p>
<blockquote>
<p></p>
<div class="quote-info">
<p></p>
<div class="quote-from">Originally posted by
<p></p>
<p></p>
<div class="quote-name">overtheradar</div>
<p></p>
<p>
</p>
</div>
<p></p>
<p>
</p>
</div>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<div class="quote-content">
<p></p>
<p>Saw Drewbacca on campus today. yeah, that’s pretty much it lol</p>
<p></p>
<p>
</p>
</div>
<p></p>
<p>
</p>
</blockquote>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<p>
Where do you go?</p>
<p>
</p></div>
<p>
</p></blockquote>
<p></p>
<p>CSULB</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>
Word? That’s what’s upp. That’s actually the school I’m leaning towards at the moment (it WOULD be UCI if my GPA wasn’t so low).</p>
<p>What was your cumulative GPA and SAT score?</p></blockquote>

3.7 Weighted, I did shitty on the SAT but did better on the ACT. I graduated h.s. in '07 so my stats are most likely irrelevant now. In general CSULB's a real bargain, it's a bitch that tuition goes up every semester but it's still a steal in comparison to other 4 year universities.

Academically, classes aren't too hard and most professors are modestly average until you get into your upper division course work. I would highly recommend researching and taking the time to compare different professor's ratings before registering. Some suck and simply recite what's already on the powerpoint which is garbage... few however are actually engaging, know their shit, and can get you a job after graduating.

Just my personal opinion in comparison to other instate 4-yr universities both CSU and UC.... I might be biased.
Academics: B
Girls: B+
Buildings/Structures: C+/B-
Tuition: B+/A-
Dorms: D+

Thanks for the info, brah. Now I'm scared, though. I have a low GPA at the moment (3.25) and my SAT scores are pretty average. Do CSUs count the 1st semester of senior year when going through the admission process?
November 02, 2011 @ 06:34:57
^ Normally you would be straight with a 3.25, but admissions may be a bit tougher now due to budget cuts. You should probably ask someone else, as I'm a few years your senior and I'm sure many things have changed since I applied.

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

November 04, 2011 @ 22:25:39
SATs again tomorrow for the last time before i start sending in dem apps.
November 04, 2011 @ 22:26:30

Again? Didnt you take the Oct. one?

What did you get?
November 05, 2011 @ 03:08:57
Any Spartans in here?

Fuck Tha Opps...No Love City

November 05, 2011 @ 03:22:21
Anyone in here play sports in college?
November 05, 2011 @ 03:40:01
Originally posted by Inactive User

What did you get?

got a 1490 on the last one and a 1560 on the first one. tryna aim for over a 1600 and with atleast 600 in math. got my adderall on deck this time doe. finna see what it does.
November 05, 2011 @ 03:44:56
Originally posted by Inactive User

What did you get?

got a 1490 on the last one and a 1560 on the first one. tryna aim for over a 1600 and with atleast 600 in math. got my adderall on deck this time doe. finna see what it does.

Word?

I got exactly a 1600 on the Oct one.

M: 560
CR: 490
W: 550
November 05, 2011 @ 04:51:39
Any Spartans in here?

which school?

I applied at multiple CSUs and both CalPolys but I might just stay home and go to San Jose State (Spartans)
November 05, 2011 @ 22:18:35
sjsu was boring as hell. its aite if you're in a good frat (i have some friends in pike, sigma pi). but greek system is still very small and it still is a commuter school. i transferred out
November 05, 2011 @ 22:22:08
i feel you kmz. aye man did u struggle in buad 304 as well or what? that shit kicking my ass b with all that memorization i gotta do for them test. smh

304 was lame. i didnt even go to the ELC stuff ha but i got a B or B+ in the class. message me an email and ill send you the 304 study guides (the ones where you have to pay like $200 for~you probably saw fliers in class about it). i guess only the final study guide will help you assuming you already had the 1st midterm. but the ppl that got A's memorized these guides, studied the book and studied the video lectures as well lol
November 05, 2011 @ 23:16:22
Def think I did better on today's sat. Da adderall came through.
November 05, 2011 @ 23:24:46
Def think I did better on today's sat. Da adderall came through.

Word that shit was stupid easy , feelin that 2100
Essay prompt was gay tho
November 05, 2011 @ 23:27:39
Man, maybe i should've skipped my Oct one and tooken the Nov.

Was it easier then the Oct?
November 06, 2011 @ 00:50:11
I thought it was a lot easier, Finished most of every section, only omitted like 2 a section. I could barely keep up on the oct test. Feelin dat 1800.
November 06, 2011 @ 01:46:20
sjsu was boring as hell. its aite if you're in a good frat (i have some friends in pike, sigma pi). but greek system is still very small and it still is a commuter school. i transferred out

i got accepted into sfsu already but i've heard the atmosphere over there is worse
November 06, 2011 @ 20:33:26
1990 on my october sat.. my gpa sucks though smh
November 06, 2011 @ 21:15:03
are first quarter senior grades a big deal? ive been not going to class and shit/slacking off this quarter. kept like a 3.3 weighted, but i feel like i fucked up grade wise this quarter. really hoping that colleges dont really look into that too heavily.
November 15, 2011 @ 04:30:31
bout to submit my first app for dat early admission into my top choice roight naow.
November 15, 2011 @ 05:39:23
don't bother, you won't get in. ^
November 15, 2011 @ 05:43:38
are first quarter senior grades a big deal? ive been not going to class and shit/slacking off this quarter. kept like a 3.3 weighted, but i feel like i fucked up grade wise this quarter. really hoping that colleges dont really look into that too heavily.

quarter dont go on your transcript. semester do

IRONHEART 364S SIZE 32 forsale, pm me

November 15, 2011 @ 09:22:26

I'm here now due to a limited budget. I might transfer after my second year. Most people go home on the weekends but I work on campus on the weekends so it doesn't really effect me. Other schools definitely party harder. Parties mostly happen on Thursday and Saturday. I tend to stick to the house parties as opposed to the frats. The house parties are solid though. You just have to know people to know where they are. Went over to Santa Clara on the Friday before Halloween and it was definitely more smackin. School's pretty easy right now to be honest. Only problem is balancing 5 days of work with everything else in life. It's probably the 3rd best CSU to go to overall but there are many other schools that would be more fun than this.
November 16, 2011 @ 04:43:34
Got my Oregon acceptance letter today. Hoping I can get some scholarship money, would love to spend 4 years in Eugene. Any ducks in here?
November 16, 2011 @ 05:17:14

I'm here now due to a limited budget. I might transfer after my second year. Most people go home on the weekends but I work on campus on the weekends so it doesn't really effect me. Other schools definitely party harder. Parties mostly happen on Thursday and Saturday. I tend to stick to the house parties as opposed to the frats. The house parties are solid though. You just have to know people to know where they are. Went over to Santa Clara on the Friday before Halloween and it was definitely more smackin. School's pretty easy right now to be honest. Only problem is balancing 5 days of work with everything else in life. It's probably the 3rd best CSU to go to overall but there are many other schools that would be more fun than this.

House parties downtown? I'm gonna hit you up son.
November 16, 2011 @ 05:32:34
sent that sheet at exactly 11:59. feels goooo
Please login first to reply.
x