Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
October 9, 2011 @ 01:31 AM
Milf Hunter

Junior in high school and I want to major in electrical engineering or computer science.I was...

3.8, 1900, extra-curricular. cp was the only csu i applied to vs. uc's. a close friend of mine attended cp tho, majoring in engineering, aeronautical if you want the specifics. he loved it, met his aryan gf, and is having a great life, overall.

if i had to give one advice, professional wise, it is to work while in college. preferably in your field. some don't but the ones that do become affluent. from my observation and personal experience. good luck.
October 9, 2011 @ 04:28 AM
overtheradar

Free self-taught courses made available by MIThttp://ocw.mit.edu/courses/

good looking out!

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

October 9, 2011 @ 04:32 AM
Dirty Dan

Realistically, how hard is it to transfer from a CSU to UC? HS senior btw.
October 9, 2011 @ 11:43 AM
lagsinner

honestly take the CC route. I went to a low tiered UC first and regretted it and about to drop out to go to CC next quarter . Goig to CC first saves you money and gives you those TAP agreements and stuff to transfer to like ucla and lower.
October 9, 2011 @ 02:22 PM
pindar

saves you money

its boring.

most likely you'll be living at home for at least 1 more yr

i eat boxes

October 9, 2011 @ 10:21 PM
Kayv

Well I graduated last semester and just landed a job so I guess I'll post my experience and opinions for you guys. I graduated from San Francisco State University with a B.A. in Liberal Studies which I think a lot of people here call a worthless major unless you're going to be a teacher. I started off as a business major, then switched to bio, then to L.S. I loved being a bio major but I also enjoyed writing about topics that I wanted to write about; mostly about current issues.

I guess the definition of liberal studies would be a multidisciplinary approach to solving a complex problem. When it comes to shit like climate change and the deforestation of the Amazon, one discipline alone cannot solve that problem. You need to take information from science, history, economics, the arts and humanities, etc. I think that's why I enjoyed my major, it was the freedom it gave but also the critical thinking aspect of it. I felt like I was getting an education instead of learning something so specific that it's only teaching me how to be a good worker in a certain field.

My last year at school, I was a T.A. for two upper division classes. I did this for shits and giggles but also because I could put that in a resume. Also in my last year two of my research projects/presentation/papers were so good that some of my research and information was added to two courses by two different teachers. They wanted me to take it to the next step and submit it to some board or some shit but I was lazy and didn't care about getting published.

Also on the side I was getting paid to write articles. There's websites out there that hire writers for various things like SEO writing, research, blogging, etc. I was doing that on the side as a "freelance content writer." I was also doing some free volunteer work because both could be added to my resume.

After graduation I had to find a job ASAP so I got to work on my resume. I included my previous work experience but also my writing job, my volunteer work, and my experience as a T.A. for a CSU. I pretty much wanted my resume to look like I had a lot of experience despite not holding that many jobs. I also got a letter of recommendation from one of my professors.

I now work at the worlds largest biotech company and write for an mma news website www.cagejunkies.com

If you have a specific career path that you want for yourself like a nurse, computer engineer, chemist, etc then it does make sense to get a degree in that field but I didn't know wtf I wanted to be. I enjoyed writing, making beats, and training in MMA but I had no idea what I wanted as a career so I just took the major that I enjoyed the most.
October 9, 2011 @ 10:53 PM
lifes outro .

Trying to get into CUNY Baruch, but feeling nervous as fuck now cause of people telling me that I'm going to need crazy stats to get in. SAT: 1160/1600, 3.3ish GPA weighted with a bunch of AP and shit with some volunteer work. Need to know if it's good enough.
October 9, 2011 @ 11:25 PM
Jamie Dimon

Trying to get into CUNY Baruch, but feeling nervous as fuck now cause of people telling me that I’m...

Are you in-state or out of state?
Baruch is not hard to get into for in state.
My SAT was higher than yours but I had a shit GPA and no AP, no extracurricular, living dat slacker life in HS and the classes I'm in now are with dudes that are in Honors(I'm in reg Baruch, not honors btw).

You should be good to go. If your high school is somewhat decent, you're good to go.
PM me if you have any questions about the school

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

October 10, 2011 @ 01:55 AM
dylan fisher

Any one going to Wisconsin or Minnesota? looking for good cheap public schools... help me out.

Easy mang...

October 10, 2011 @ 02:00 AM
Koozie

saves you moneyits boring.most likely you’ll be living at home for at least 1 more yr

QFT for the first two. It's kinda hard for me to make friends, nearly everyone in my class is 3-4 years old than me lol.
I moved to So Cal for CC.

I regret not being able to live the dorm life. :/
October 10, 2011 @ 03:04 AM
lifes outro .

Are you in-state or out of state?
Baruch is not hard to get into for in state.
My SAT was higher...

In state, When did you get accepted though? i think it's harder going in now than 6-7 years ago. I'm probably going to take the SAT over again, but just wanted to make sure I had a solid chance to get in. and gotcha', thanks.
October 10, 2011 @ 03:08 AM
Jamie Dimon

I'm a freshman, got accepted back in like March or April of this year lol, then again, i don't think Baruch has ever rejected anyone from my school.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

October 10, 2011 @ 03:09 AM
pindar

QFT for the first two. It’s kinda hard for me to make friends, nearly everyone in my class is 3-4...

full of regrets

i eat boxes

October 10, 2011 @ 03:17 AM
Virunga

Any one going to Wisconsin or Minnesota? looking for good cheap public schools… help me out.

UW is quite good but idk about cheap

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

October 10, 2011 @ 03:32 AM
chaobro

Any one going to Wisconsin or Minnesota? looking for good cheap public schools… help me out.
Agree with Virunga, I go to Madison. Lots of people I know here are also from Minnesota, so if you're from the area and qualify for that reciprocity shit, I would probably go to Madison. Otherwise its not that cheap.
October 10, 2011 @ 03:52 AM
JayLovesPinays

Any VA heads wanna give me feedback on George Mason, William & Mary and UVA? I'm applying for transfer and I'm looking at these schools.
October 10, 2011 @ 05:07 AM
sploosh

man these college apps be stressing a nigga out..

this.
I'm applying to:
Oregon
Michigan State
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Depaul
Lsu
Marquette
and Temple

Anyone at/applying to any of these?

CHEAP~ Huf Camo Waxed Highland, Saddlemans, Jcrew, Levis Commuters~CHEAP http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/193523

October 10, 2011 @ 05:19 AM
go_sox5

William & Mary and UVA are both great schools. I almost went to UVA last year but chose UMD instead. W&M is much smaller than UVA which is much smaller than GM. What made you pick those three.
October 10, 2011 @ 05:42 AM
JayLovesPinays

My decision was based on me wanting to get out of state (NC) to somewhere not too far, and my family and I have been in VA so much I figured it would be the best state. Those particular schools were picked because they seem to be the most academically strong VA has to offer although I'm starting to hear some things I dislike about GMU.
October 10, 2011 @ 05:48 AM
dylan fisher

Agree with Virunga, I go to Madison. Lots of people I know here are also from Minnesota, so if...

Compared to schools im looking at like michigan or texas, wisconsin is a bit cheaper. Minnesota is a lot cheaper lol. Only consider either of these schools if i dont get into UW.

Easy mang...

October 10, 2011 @ 03:40 PM
Milf Hunter

Realistically, how hard is it to transfer from a CSU to UC? HS senior btw.

i know several who opted for 2 cc years then transferred to a university. its very capable of achieving. keep up your grades and dont give up.
October 10, 2011 @ 03:42 PM
brandonicedout

I'm interested in going to UC Santa Barbara. Anyone go there and can tell me some things about it?

Feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/172003

October 10, 2011 @ 06:31 PM
Homes

Well I graduated last semester and just landed a job so I guess I’ll post my experience and...

Good post, how much are you making now? personal question, it's cool if you don't answer
October 10, 2011 @ 08:17 PM
W33ZY

Anyone doing radiology/x-ray/MRI? I'm finishing up my AA degree from a CC (getting my pre reqs done for the radiology program that's at another school) i'll be done by summer so I can register next year, but anyone have any recommendations or opinions on it? Like the certification exam from ARRT or anything?
October 11, 2011 @ 02:57 AM
BKBROWN

how is nyu?

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

October 11, 2011 @ 03:00 AM
pindar

probably too expensive.

i eat boxes

October 11, 2011 @ 06:07 AM
soulamazing.

Starting college apps! I took the SAT twice, and I'm planning on taking it one more time, but the CSU Long Beach online application is only letting me submit two scores. Is there any way to increase the number of slots?

How will colleges look at the first semester GPA for my senior year if apps for UCs and CSUs are due on the 30th of November?
October 11, 2011 @ 01:19 PM
Youngfresh2def

I'm applying to:

Loyola Maryland
Providence
Uconn
Penn State
American
Gettysburg
Franklin & Marshall
Union

hmu if anyone goes/is applying there
October 12, 2011 @ 01:51 AM
jlaz93

I have noticed over the past few weeks that all the international students (chinese) at my school (OSU) wear expensive as fuck brands. Bape, CDG play, visvim, gucci, lv, evisu, and levi's fenoms I just assumed they were real since if you are studying in america you need to be pretty wealthy. On the other hand one of my buddies assumes that everything they wear is fake since they are from china. Anyone have any insight on what sup?
October 12, 2011 @ 01:55 AM
Mr. Nice Watch

I’m applying to:Loyola Maryland
Providence
Uconn
Penn State
American
Gettysburg
Franklin &...

I'm applying to:

Loyola Maryland
CP Maryland