HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
September 7, 2011 @ 10:33 AM
Persona

anybody doing nursing school?
September 7, 2011 @ 12:40 PM
kushburner

Fuck.. only 2nd week of school and im already behind in reading
September 7, 2011 @ 06:04 PM
dylan fisher

Doing all these apps and shit had me wondering, if you really want to go to a school that is a member of the common app, is it better to just fill out the common app, or independently fill out an app to said school. Help ya boy out, i dont know what the fuck im doing sad

Easy mang...

September 7, 2011 @ 06:09 PM
3lite

Contrary to popular belief... Even in a community pharmacy (CVS/Walgreens) pharmacist hardly ever ever actually count pills and fill bottles... It is the tech that do that. So no... And I sincerely hope you're not actually in the field of pharmacy because you're doing yourself an injustice if you're. There is actually a lot more than meets the eye. I'd explain but I don't think you really give a shit so.

Oh as for it being easy, if you mean easy as in standing 9-12 hour shifts with average of 15-30min lunch breaks, or walking 7am-6pm throughout the hospital and getting lunch 2-3pm. Yeh, and dealing with crazy old people yeh it is pretty easy.

First year here and you sound bitchmade as fuck ♥♥♥♥♥
September 7, 2011 @ 06:10 PM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

i took a classics of english literature class and i think we had to buy 6 or 7 books sad i swear some of these teachers get commission from publishers...

Some of them do. Had a professor that wrote his own text book and updated it every year so you couldn't buy a used copy. Because "technology changes that fast." razz
September 11, 2011 @ 11:54 PM
Yung Harvey Specter

Freshman at Valencia here in Orlando... My schedule it's so fucked because I signed up for classes 3 weeks before school stated and everything I wanted was filled up. So now I just have intro to humanities, econ and psych... Anyone think it's a good idea to take online courses?
With 3 credits ik next semester is going to be a bitch. Hopefully next year I can transfer out to UCF. Oh and another thing... as far as bio majors go, what are some way jobs in that field? I was thinking about optometry or everyone's favorite pharmacy but I'd like to hear someone else's opinion before I fuck my life up even further.

A Nigga So Young, Sandusky Tryin To Fuck Me.

September 12, 2011 @ 12:04 AM
Cybrax2

Anyone here becoming an engineer?
Im heading towards mechanical engineering.

Im average in math but I've got experience and a hobby in tinkering cars, bikes, and phones since high school.

Any tips on succeeding?
September 12, 2011 @ 12:43 AM

Anyone here becoming an engineer?
Im heading towards mechanical engineering.

Im average in math but I've got experience and a hobby in tinkering cars, bikes, and phones since high school.

Any tips on succeeding?

Im finishing up my last year in ME. Tips? Dont expect to have the same college experience as your buddies in business or marketing. Dont get me wrong youll still have fun and party and shit(if thats what youre into), you just wont be able to go nearly as hard if you want to get a decent GPA. Get into a solid study habit early on and get your shit done. DO NOT RELY ON SOLUTION MANUALS. Dont get behind. Dont sit and struggle with the same problems, get help. There are TONS of resources at your disposal. Talk to EVERYONE and NETWORK. Get involved in ASME and other engineering clubs, youll meet people and have stuff to put on your resume. Try your best to get an internship before you graduate. If you want to meet girls find an easy non engineering elective to take cause more than likely there will be 95% guys.

Work hard and dont forget to enjoy yourself, its easy to get bogged down. Its not going to be easy man, but it will be damn well worth the effort.
September 12, 2011 @ 01:49 AM
Cybrax2

Im finishing up my last year in ME. Tips? Dont expect to have the same college experience as your buddies in business or marketing. Dont get me wrong youll still have fun and party and shit(if thats what youre into), you just wont be able to go nearly as hard if you want to get a decent GPA. Get into a solid study habit early on and get your shit done. DO NOT RELY ON SOLUTION MANUALS. Dont get behind. Dont sit and struggle with the same problems, get help. There are TONS of resources at your disposal. Talk to EVERYONE and NETWORK. Get involved in ASME and other engineering clubs, youll meet people and have stuff to put on your resume. Try your best to get an internship before you graduate. If you want to meet girls find an easy non engineering elective to take cause more than likely there will be 95% guys.

Work hard and dont forget to enjoy yourself, its easy to get bogged down. Its not going to be easy man, but it will be damn well worth the effort.

Not the partying type here, well not after high school cool

My parents knows shit load of engineers. A manager engineer said I should go to her during junior year.

I'm forced to take workshops where I am.

I guess I need to make an effort to understand things and I'm good

- Thanks
September 12, 2011 @ 02:52 PM
KDL323

I'm majoring in business administration, but im not sure what field to focus on? It's between Sales/Marketing or Operations Management. What do you guys think would be better?
September 12, 2011 @ 10:43 PM
murklur

I'm majoring in business administration, but im not sure what field to focus on? It's between Sales/Marketing or Operations Management. What do you guys think would be better?

specifically, what do you work with in sales/marketing? i've been studying accounting but that shit is boring as fuck and seems like it could be a stressful future for me
September 12, 2011 @ 11:37 PM
tmwtg

^ I feel your pain, man.

I'm stuck between Accounting/Finance and hate both of them. It's more of a parents forcing me to do it kinda thing.

@KDL323: What do you like to do? Which one interests you more? Which business classes do you enjoy?
September 12, 2011 @ 11:52 PM
FACE

any of you's been getting $50 government checks for "school materials"?

Orlando, FL. OG as fuck.

September 13, 2011 @ 12:49 AM
Homes

Operations/management sounds safer... marketing gets you a job at Macy's for most people especially if you don't have any relevant internships or anything to put on your resume.

I'm also split between accounting and finance. Accounting is definitely the safer option but at my school the finance option is like 10 core biz classes and then 3-4 finance classes, where acctg is the 10 core classes and 10-11 more acctg classes. I would have to double up like every quarter and would probably miss opportunities to be out actually doing work experience and internships.
September 13, 2011 @ 12:52 AM

Inactive

So I was a junior last year and screwed that up with averages from 64-73%. I didn't know junior year marks mattered, but I know it's no excuse. If I could pull an A- average and join an extracurricular or two, could I get into any universities?
September 13, 2011 @ 01:01 AM
jlaz93

So I was a junior last year and screwed that up with averages from 64-73%. I didn't know junior year marks mattered, but I know it's no excuse. If I could pull an A- average and join an extracurricular or two, could I get into any universities?

What type of school are you trying to get into. What is your gpa, senior year doesn't matter got a 4.2 and 4.0 gpa went up from a 3.3 to 3.56 or so didn't really make a diff when applying to colleges I had a 31 and couldn't break top 50 ranked schools.
September 13, 2011 @ 01:06 AM

Inactive

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I'm in Canada lol :/

Would you guys recommend trying to get into a program like English or Philosophy? Or will it be a waste of time?

I don't really have any money so I can only afford cheaper programs.
September 13, 2011 @ 01:13 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

Contrary to popular belief... Even in a community pharmacy (CVS/Walgreens) pharmacist hardly ever ever actually count pills and fill bottles... It is the tech that do that. So no... And I sincerely hope you're not actually in the field of pharmacy because you're doing yourself an injustice if you're. There is actually a lot more than meets the eye. I'd explain but I don't think you really give a shit so.

Oh as for it being easy, if you mean easy as in standing 9-12 hour shifts with average of 15-30min lunch breaks, or walking 7am-6pm throughout the hospital and getting lunch 2-3pm. Yeh, and dealing with crazy old people yeh it is pretty easy.

sounds like u dont enjoy ur field lol.. and no im not a med student. im actually pursuing a major that i actually enjoy unlike everybody who wants to be a pharmacist/nurse/etc who just do it for the money... i mean honestly...who actually enjoys being a nurse/pharmacist?..whats so fun about that?
September 13, 2011 @ 09:26 AM
SantaDuJuan

Yes, don't feel bad that you don't get into top 50 schools.
Undergrad really doesn't matter nearly as much as graduate school, and in undergrad it matters more about the grades you get rather then from what school.

If you go to a "shit" school then should be making A's/B's. You should be in honors, shit like that.
September 13, 2011 @ 09:28 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Honestly, is dorming really a good experience?
(I might have to if i dont get into any school around my house.)

I never saw anything "good" about it :/

Im not into partying, drinking, etc.

And i have a lot of close friends here who are probably gonna go to
a college near their house. And no, not highschool friends.
I mean real homies who im close with and pretty much brothers with.

I dont wanna lose them no homo. Anyone else feel this way?
September 13, 2011 @ 10:07 PM
bulldogskoleff

Any of you dudes in Boston? I'm at BU as a freshman... Shit's really starting to pick up second week of classes
September 13, 2011 @ 11:15 PM
TwiggyDig

Honestly, is dorming really a good experience?
(I might have to if i dont get into any school around my house.)

I never saw anything "good" about it :/

Im not into partying, drinking, etc.

And i have a lot of close friends here who are probably gonna go to
a college near their house. And no, not highschool friends.
I mean real homies who im close with and pretty much brothers with.

I dont wanna lose them no homo. Anyone else feel this way?

I think dorming is a good experience. I mean I had a forced triple (I'm at Fordham University) and while I really detested one of my roommates, I found a really great friend in another. You also meet people that are like and not like you and learn about yourself by learning with other people your age.

On another note, I don't think it's necessary. If you don't care about drinking and partying and the college experience and you'd rather commute, go for it, you aren't missing too much.
September 13, 2011 @ 11:41 PM
murklur

^ I feel your pain, man.

I'm stuck between Accounting/Finance and hate both of them. It's more of a parents forcing me to do it kinda thing.

@KDL323: What do you like to do? Which one interests you more? Which business classes do you enjoy?

bump! basically in the same predicament, but i'm about to transfer out.. so i need to figure out wtf i'm going to do
September 14, 2011 @ 01:16 AM
Saro

sounds like u dont enjoy ur field lol.. and no im not a med student. im actually pursuing a major that i actually enjoy unlike everybody who wants to be a pharmacist/nurse/etc who just do it for the money... i mean honestly...who actually enjoys being a nurse/pharmacist?..whats so fun about that?

No one enjoys it, it's just a career that'll ensure financial stability in their future since it was probably a problem for them growing up
September 14, 2011 @ 01:34 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

^^if your gonna spend all that time and hardwork and residency to get a job, wouldn't you want to enjoy it instead of dreading it all your life?

not to mention the tuition...
September 15, 2011 @ 02:45 PM

Inactive

well, i met up with my guidance counselor today.

she said that i would have to work extremely hard to even have a chance at a university, since i really screwed up in my previous year.

she recommended that i apply to colleges, told me basically that i had no chance at the shit that i wanna do (either arts or journalism at university).

so do any of the canadian posters have any experiences with colleges? how is the experience and whatever? do you tend to see a lot of people from your high school?
September 15, 2011 @ 04:36 PM
Principal Buttsavage

Any HB fam at UCSD? I'm at the village right now.
September 15, 2011 @ 07:20 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Can colleges look at the other schools you applied to?
September 15, 2011 @ 07:54 PM
jlaz93

no
September 18, 2011 @ 11:30 PM
usomanuso

I'm planning on transferring to CSU Fullerton, Northridge, or SFSU. Can anybody tell me how campus is like at any of these schools, or how the surrounding areas are like.

Please login first to reply.