July 11, 2011 @ 07:19 AM
Shoutbox

anybody attending Johnsons and Whales? im thinking about transferring over, i heard they got a graphic design program.
July 11, 2011 @ 10:08 AM
will 1 am

anyone ever have regret about where they go for college, i think im just kind of annoyed at my self. I am going to osu as i said 2 posts before me, but i feel like i should be going to a better school. I got a 31 act and a 3.3 gpa. I didnt really do to much in highschool but then rocked the act so it evened out. I didnt get into madison and i kind of got screwed at u of i because i applied to business instead of general and my application didnt get reviewed for general studies/undecided. I am in a scholars program and am getting about 10k a year scholarship, but for some reason im not happy. I'm sure this will go away soon, might even in the next 2 days because of orientation. I was between maryland and osu, and i thought osu would be a better fit, but now i'm having these negative feelings. Anyone else have a clue about what im talking about?

l o l @ o s u
July 11, 2011 @ 10:16 AM
jlaz93

Anybody in here doing advertising? I'm coming up on my senior year old high school and planning everything out. My gpa isn't great(3.34 and I'll have at least a 4.0 through senior year), and I got a 28 on the act, which I will hopefully bring up to a 30.
I would love to go to Oregon, but I doubt I could get enough, if any, money to go out there. I have a ton of other places I'm going to apply:
-Michigan State-visited, loved it
-Temple
-U of Illinois-most likely won't get in but my dad's an alum and my parents want me to go there
-Texas-does anyone know how they are with scholarships?

then maybe: Iowa, Mizzou(sister and a ton of my high school go here), Marquette, and Ohio State. Any suggestions?

Also, I forgot to mention, I'm set on extracurriculars. Editor in Chief of the school paper, photog for yearbook, french club officer, model un. Not sure how much that stuff actually helps though

If anyone knows about these schools, especially financially, let me know.

Anywhere else I should apply?

Im going to OSU and i was basicly in the same situation 3.3 and a 31, osu gives about 10g's if you have above a 28 and are out of state. I live in Illinois and i heard its very hard out of state, with those numbers maybe you could get into texas, i regret not applying. But, I dont think they give money unless you have better stats. Senior year gpa means nothing, so dont stress it, and just make sure you get better than like a 3.0. Good luck
July 12, 2011 @ 02:38 AM
sploosh

Thanks a ton man. I think I'm going to apply to Ohio State. I would love to go to Oregon though, and I liked Michigan State a bunch. I wish I had better numbers to get into UIUC, but im pretty sure I have no chance.

CHEAP~ Huf Camo Waxed Highland, Saddlemans, Jcrew, Levis Commuters~CHEAP http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/193523

July 12, 2011 @ 04:11 AM
jlaz93

Where are you at? in in the chicago suburbs, i assume you are too?
I got fucked over when i applied to u of i, if you apply to aces and transfer out you can get in semi easily. I instead decided to apply to business and didnt get in because of the much higher standards.

Oh nevermind, didnt look at location.
July 12, 2011 @ 05:50 AM
Eliperks

Going to RCC in the fall (still need to apply for classes), then hoping to go to Redlands Uni or UCSD.
July 12, 2011 @ 09:15 AM
will 1 am

Im going to OSU and i was basicly in the same situation 3.3 and a 31, osu gives about 10g's if you have above a 28 and are out of state. I live in Illinois and i heard its very hard out of state, with those numbers maybe you could get into texas, i regret not applying. But, I dont think they give money unless you have better stats. Senior year gpa means nothing, so dont stress it, and just make sure you get better than like a 3.0. Good luck

Thanks a ton man. I think I'm going to apply to Ohio State. I would love to go to Oregon though, and I liked Michigan State a bunch. I wish I had better numbers to get into UIUC, but im pretty sure I have no chance.

i'll tell you this, depending on what you want to go into, you can find other schools that mich. state & OSU.
I live in Ann Arbor & am going to U of M so I guess I'm biased, but i have always thought that michigan state is overrated. Its huge & overpopulated in not a very nice surrounding area, oh yeah, its an aggy school (again, this depends on your area).

OSU means Columbus, which is really really fun if you love getting trashed with a bunch of people from Ohio |0 & the reputation of your school actually does matter to some extent.

& if you really want to go where you want: community service, & leadership positions on your application will put you over the edge.
July 12, 2011 @ 09:23 AM
trevxv3

Going to RCC in the fall (still need to apply for classes), then hoping to go to Redlands Uni or UCSD.

go to ucsd, whats your intended major?

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

July 12, 2011 @ 02:10 PM
lifes outro .

anyone here going to or in Fordham? Planning to go there, just needed some information on getting in and life/job availability afterwards.
July 12, 2011 @ 02:24 PM
drugsonmywrist

the unc curriculum is dumb. there are so many pointless classes i have to take. fuck
July 12, 2011 @ 02:28 PM
tmwtg

anyone here going to or in Fordham? Planning to go there, just needed some information on getting in and life/job availability afterwards.

TwiggyDig and I go to Fordham Rose Hill.

What major are you looking at? PM me.
July 12, 2011 @ 02:30 PM
Youngfresh6def

anybody attending Johnsons and Whales? im thinking about transferring over, i heard they got a graphic design program.

lol nohate but at my school we have this motto, when all else fails go to johnson and wales
July 17, 2011 @ 02:14 AM
sploosh

Where are you at? in in the chicago suburbs, i assume you are too?
I got fucked over when i applied to u of i, if you apply to aces and transfer out you can get in semi easily. I instead decided to apply to business and didnt get in because of the much higher standards.

Oh nevermind, didnt look at location.

I'm in southern illinois but st. louis is closest. thanks for the u of i advice though, my dad is an alum but idk if that helps.

i'll tell you this, depending on what you want to go into, you can find other schools that mich. state & OSU.
I live in Ann Arbor & am going to U of M so I guess I'm biased, but i have always thought that michigan state is overrated. Its huge & overpopulated in not a very nice surrounding area, oh yeah, its an aggy school (again, this depends on your area).

OSU means Columbus, which is really really fun if you love getting trashed with a bunch of people from Ohio |0 & the reputation of your school actually does matter to some extent.

& if you really want to go where you want: community service, & leadership positions on your application will put you over the edge.

I looked into it and osu actually doesn't have advertising. I went on a visit to Michigan State and liked it a lot and the atmosphere was fine with me, I am content with a big school and I'm not from Michigan so I wouldn't be with a bunch of people from high school. Michigan state also has a top advertising dept

CHEAP~ Huf Camo Waxed Highland, Saddlemans, Jcrew, Levis Commuters~CHEAP http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/193523

July 28, 2011 @ 11:06 PM
chaobro

at wisc-madison SOAR/orientation right now, aside from like 3 people i met....people are nervous as hell/like awkward. weird as hell, i have to work hard with some of them to keep up a conversation, not used to that
July 29, 2011 @ 11:03 AM
beck0n

at wisc-madison SOAR/orientation right now, aside from like 3 people i met....people are nervous as hell/like awkward. weird as hell, i have to work hard with some of them to keep up a conversation, not used to that

i feel you on this, spent my entire orientation getting high and paranoid. didn't find anyone i could really connect with until the week before classes started.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/219212

July 29, 2011 @ 11:18 AM
beck0n

i feel you on this, spent my entire orientation getting high and paranoid. didn't find anyone i could really connect with until the week before classes started.

where are you going to be living at?

July 29, 2011 @ 11:28 AM
beck0n

where are you going to be living at?

July 30, 2011 @ 08:29 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

is anybody an engineering major?

this shit is not good for my life. over the past 3 quarters, ive gained weight, have almost no social life, and i think im going a lil crazy.

its also not good that i keep hearing that its difficult for an electrical engineering major to get job after graduation....
July 30, 2011 @ 08:47 PM
lihp

what are yall ♥♥♥♥♥s doing to swag out your apartments/dorms? i need ideas.
July 30, 2011 @ 09:25 PM
Pinhead Larry

Year 2 at Duke starting in a few weeks cool

I don't even know what i'm doing to my room tbh, I'm living in a frat house now though, so It'll be fuckin crazy.
July 30, 2011 @ 11:40 PM
chief

•••

July 31, 2011 @ 02:02 AM
Emid

tips on transfering from cc to a UC?
July 31, 2011 @ 02:16 AM
Principal Buttsavage

If you're in california research IGETC,TAG, and TAP. It really depends on which one you wanna go to.
July 31, 2011 @ 02:44 AM
Principal Buttsavage

^To add to that, UCSD raised their TAG gpa to 3.5 so if you don't do TAG you should prob get your gpa up to 3.7-3.8 for them too.
July 31, 2011 @ 01:25 PM
kushburner

It's getting harder to get into UC every year. If you want to go to UCLA, UCB or UCSD you will need something relatively close to a 4.0. CC is pretty easy though. You should be able to get As in every class if you try. If you cant do it in CC, dont even think about going to UC.
July 31, 2011 @ 01:54 PM
northwest

please visit www.uwrejects.com lol
July 31, 2011 @ 02:05 PM
Emid

If you're in california research IGETC,TAG, and TAP. It really depends on which one you wanna go to.

Yeah i'm following the IGETC but does acceptance also rely on extra curricular activities too?
July 31, 2011 @ 02:15 PM
will 1 am

please visit www.uwrejects.com lol

lmao
July 31, 2011 @ 08:10 PM
hiphopbackpacker

UC Berkeley out here.. Cal swag... Any hb members out here?

Business Econ major. Going into my second year. Lots of Asian pussy. San Fran isnt too far. Going to rush a frat in the fall.
July 31, 2011 @ 08:16 PM
drugsonmywrist

is anybody an engineering major?

this shit is not good for my life. over the past 3 quarters, ive gained weight, have almost no social life, and i think im going a lil crazy.

its also not good that i keep hearing that its difficult for an electrical engineering major to get job after graduation....

you're probably black, shouldve stuck to african american history

Please login first to reply.