College Discussion Thread.

May 22, 2011 @ 20:22:37
sophmore studying chem

are you pre-med?
May 22, 2011 @ 21:23:05
Got my schedule for Santa Monica College yesterday.
May 23, 2011 @ 00:19:26
(Invalid img)

long but really interesting
May 24, 2011 @ 22:50:16
For all the canuks on here, I can't decide. Laurier Honours Econ or UWO BMOS?
May 25, 2011 @ 18:21:30
school me on penn state
May 25, 2011 @ 18:27:27
what do you want to know?
May 25, 2011 @ 21:41:30
still in high school but
i just lost a credit for biology for being absent too many times, now i have to appeal, lmao

they were suppose to give me two notices, but they only gave me one for 9 days of abscenes, (16 is the limit), and they just told me that i had 21 because they included unexcused tardies, lol. i hope they accept my appeal smh
May 25, 2011 @ 23:28:40
Best of luck with that. The last credit I'd ever want to lose is an AP Bio credit. You should be alright if what you're saying is the truth though; they're supposed to send you two notices, and you only received one - their fault. I'm assuming all these absences were in one quarter/semester...? How do you even manage to rack up that many?
May 26, 2011 @ 01:12:11
if you guys had to choose between San Francisco State and Cal Poly Pomona for a broadcast journalism major, which would you pick?
May 26, 2011 @ 01:22:50
You've heard of someone getting into Med with two F's? I hear to beware of anything lower than a B because that's when you start loosing competitiveness. But I guess it really does depend on the school. Just make sure you have really good grades in your science & math classes because Med school considers these two subjects in their own category called Science GPA (they also consider your overall cGpa, but science GPA is more important usually). High MCATs of course, and shadow doctors, and volunteer in hospitals. Get some good leadership spots in school too.

This is all assuming you're applying to Med.

In the end it doesn't matter if you failed two classes, get a B or whatever. What matters is your MCAT scores, which are indicative of how well you will do on your PASS 1, PASS 2 exams in medical school. As far as extracurricular activities go, just do what makes you happy, but make sure that you gain something out of it. You can volunteer in an organization for 3 years and if you have nothing to talk about, i.e. what you learned from it, then its useless.

80 percent of selection to medical school is MCAT and GPA. 20 percent is extracurricular activities.

If anyone needs medical school advising hit me up with a PM. I use to be a premed peer advisor for UCD
May 26, 2011 @ 09:05:01
In the end it doesn't matter if you failed two classes, get a B or whatever.

I hope you're right because I definitely freaked out over my 2 C's.
May 26, 2011 @ 15:58:12
Best of luck with that. The last credit I'd ever want to lose is an AP Bio credit. You should be alright if what you're saying is the truth though; they're supposed to send you two notices, and you only received one - their fault. I'm assuming all these absences were in one quarter/semester...? How do you even manage to rack up that many?

i only had 10, but they count unexcused tardies meaning i had 11 lol. and nah, this is throughout the year. gonna speak to my guidance counselor tommorow, i definitely dont want to retake this, hopefully they gave an option for summer school lmao fuck fuck
May 26, 2011 @ 19:13:28
what do you want to know?

party life, dorm life, class difficulty, food, i already know the party life/sports will be dope though smokeyface. penn state is one of my top choices
May 27, 2011 @ 17:40:12
May 27, 2011 @ 21:01:00
thats not true for people going into engineering or people who want to go into a 7/8 year med program though.
May 28, 2011 @ 13:35:46
I hope you're right because I definitely freaked out over my 2 C's.

yeah i did too, but after talking to several hundred students and deans of other medical schools. Two C's won't hurt you bro.
May 30, 2011 @ 15:41:30
goin to SCAD anybody ever been?
May 30, 2011 @ 16:16:21
yeah i did too, but after talking to several hundred students and deans of other medical schools. Two C's won't hurt you bro.

lol thats not true at all. medical school is EXTREMELY selective and if you think getting 2 C's doesn't hurt your chances, you are mistaken.
May 30, 2011 @ 18:05:23
Anyone go to Drexel?
May 30, 2011 @ 18:17:43
Was deciding on transferring from sfsu to cal poly slo
for Architecture, but there seem to be a lot of requirement and
might even take a longer process to transfer.
May 30, 2011 @ 18:17:49
party life, dorm life, class difficulty, food, i already know the party life/sports will be dope though smokeyface. penn state is one of my top choices

social life/party life is pretty swag. tailgating, frat parties are always fun.
dorm life all depends on who your living with and where your friends are but my floor was aiite only because i had a decent number of fobs on my floor who had some hygiene problems.
Commons food is good and you have options and theres alot of good restaurants downtown. and theres always options for late night food
class difficulty all depends on your major and how your classes were in highschool but i found it all to be managable.
the only bad things i would say about it is that its kind of in the middle of nowhere and there isnt much to do downtown other than eat or catch a movie.
like any other school its all what you make of it
May 30, 2011 @ 22:16:48
Anyone go to Drexel?

im gonna apply there.

thanks eaton ^^
June 06, 2011 @ 03:15:36
Sup, I have a question about my acceptance.
I applied to Queens College in NYC, I got my financial award letter, and I'm wondering if this means I'm accepted and I just haven't gotten my letter yet. Has this happened to anyone else?
June 06, 2011 @ 03:29:10
Probably means you were conditionally accepted. I got award letters from schools I was later denied from be ause I fucked up haha. Turn it in anyway though.
June 06, 2011 @ 12:51:50
goin to SCAD anybody ever been?

My brother went there. What will you be studying?
June 06, 2011 @ 16:16:37
June 06, 2011 @ 16:47:18
Probably means you were conditionally accepted. I got award letters from schools I was later denied from be ause I fucked up haha. Turn it in anyway though.

How so if you don't mind me asking? I've sent them my most up to date transcript.
June 06, 2011 @ 21:29:08
film
June 06, 2011 @ 21:52:59
1.9 gpa, my chance at college is gonesmh

IRONHEART 364S SIZE 32 forsale, pm me

June 06, 2011 @ 22:50:30
^cmon son. no bueno

www.ronindivision.com

Please login first to reply.
x