Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 22, 2011 @ 02:50 PM
Youngfresh6def

Depends on your numbers. 5 years ago, i got accepted to UCLA, UCSD, UCD,Boston University with 3.3-3.4 weighted GPA and 2000 on SAT's.

just curious, what made you apply to Boston University all the way from L.A.?
May 22, 2011 @ 03:18 PM
maziranx

Thank you. has been very good.
May 22, 2011 @ 03:31 PM
kmz

for those at UCSD, and USC how hard is it to get in?

look at the school's webpages. average sat at USC is 2100
May 22, 2011 @ 05:17 PM
kilersiman

Thank you. has been very good.
May 22, 2011 @ 07:18 PM
JayLovesPinays

BAD but if you can pull off all A's from here on out, you can still maintain a 3.5
if you can, retake those course

Damn, I completely overlooked where he said he acquired two F's in COLLEGE suprised

I thought I was bad off with my 2 C's. Anyway, this is much worse to be blunt. You can retake those courses and they will take out your F's and factor the newer grade into your GPA, but those F's will still show up on your transcript.
May 22, 2011 @ 07:55 PM
JayLovesPinays

you can still get into grad school or possibly medical school if you decide to head towards that path.

You've heard of someone getting into Med with two F's? I hear to beware of anything lower than a B because that's when you start loosing competitiveness. But I guess it really does depend on the school. Just make sure you have really good grades in your science & math classes because Med school considers these two subjects in their own category called Science GPA (they also consider your overall cGpa, but science GPA is more important usually). High MCATs of course, and shadow doctors, and volunteer in hospitals. Get some good leadership spots in school too.

This is all assuming you're applying to Med.
May 22, 2011 @ 08:04 PM
shakintheD

FUCK MY MATH GPA is B/B- sad
May 22, 2011 @ 08:07 PM
airforce416

really depends on your college tho. Two F's shows that you're (not targeting YOU) either lazy or didn't care. Most colleges will let you retake a course if it is below a C grade. Just because you retake a course doesnt mean the F gets erase, it will still appear on your transcript but the newer grade will be factor in to the total, and college may overlook your F's.

Just take your F's like a grain of salt and move on. Don't look at your past, just focuses on the future. Colleges like trend, if you can show it by pulling great grades, you can still get into grad school or possibly medical school if you decide to head towards that path.

take it from me, this semester i manage to only achieve a 2.85 GPA. i realize my mistake and am determine to aim high in my last 3 years.

Note- Grades aren't everything, make sure to be active in school's activities, internships..

GL

yeah man, i just really bit off way more that i could chew this semester & messed up with math last semester smh. I plan on aiming high starting with these summer courses i'll be taking.
And no way would I be applying for med school lol
May 22, 2011 @ 08:22 PM
JayLovesPinays

sophmore studying chem

are you pre-med?
May 22, 2011 @ 09:23 PM
Mikeyone4life

Got my schedule for Santa Monica College yesterday.
May 23, 2011 @ 12:19 AM
macabre

long but really interesting
May 24, 2011 @ 10:50 PM
MF CHEUNG

For all the canuks on here, I can't decide. Laurier Honours Econ or UWO BMOS?
May 25, 2011 @ 06:21 PM
Youngfresh6def

school me on penn state
May 25, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
Eaton

what do you want to know?

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

May 25, 2011 @ 09:41 PM
shakintheD

still in high school but
i just lost a credit for biology for being absent too many times, now i have to appeal, lmao

they were suppose to give me two notices, but they only gave me one for 9 days of abscenes, (16 is the limit), and they just told me that i had 21 because they included unexcused tardies, lol. i hope they accept my appeal sad
May 25, 2011 @ 11:28 PM
Ecks

Best of luck with that. The last credit I'd ever want to lose is an AP Bio credit. You should be alright if what you're saying is the truth though; they're supposed to send you two notices, and you only received one - their fault. I'm assuming all these absences were in one quarter/semester...? How do you even manage to rack up that many?
May 26, 2011 @ 01:12 AM
somet

if you guys had to choose between San Francisco State and Cal Poly Pomona for a broadcast journalism major, which would you pick?
May 26, 2011 @ 01:22 AM
Swag Prophet

You've heard of someone getting into Med with two F's? I hear to beware of anything lower than a B because that's when you start loosing competitiveness. But I guess it really does depend on the school. Just make sure you have really good grades in your science & math classes because Med school considers these two subjects in their own category called Science GPA (they also consider your overall cGpa, but science GPA is more important usually). High MCATs of course, and shadow doctors, and volunteer in hospitals. Get some good leadership spots in school too.

This is all assuming you're applying to Med.

In the end it doesn't matter if you failed two classes, get a B or whatever. What matters is your MCAT scores, which are indicative of how well you will do on your PASS 1, PASS 2 exams in medical school. As far as extracurricular activities go, just do what makes you happy, but make sure that you gain something out of it. You can volunteer in an organization for 3 years and if you have nothing to talk about, i.e. what you learned from it, then its useless.

80 percent of selection to medical school is MCAT and GPA. 20 percent is extracurricular activities.

If anyone needs medical school advising hit me up with a PM. I use to be a premed peer advisor for UCD

Supreme http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/supreme-bbc-jcrew-burberry-huf-sf-the-hundreds-xl-l/?topic_page=2#post-3250500

May 26, 2011 @ 09:05 AM
JayLovesPinays

In the end it doesn't matter if you failed two classes, get a B or whatever.

I hope you're right because I definitely freaked out over my 2 C's.
May 26, 2011 @ 03:58 PM
shakintheD

Best of luck with that. The last credit I'd ever want to lose is an AP Bio credit. You should be alright if what you're saying is the truth though; they're supposed to send you two notices, and you only received one - their fault. I'm assuming all these absences were in one quarter/semester...? How do you even manage to rack up that many?

i only had 10, but they count unexcused tardies meaning i had 11 lol. and nah, this is throughout the year. gonna speak to my guidance counselor tommorow, i definitely dont want to retake this, hopefully they gave an option for summer school lmao fuck fuck
May 26, 2011 @ 07:13 PM
Youngfresh6def

what do you want to know?

party life, dorm life, class difficulty, food, i already know the party life/sports will be dope though cool. penn state is one of my top choices
May 27, 2011 @ 05:40 PM
$$$$$

May 27, 2011 @ 09:01 PM
Youngfresh6def

thats not true for people going into engineering or people who want to go into a 7/8 year med program though.
May 28, 2011 @ 01:35 PM
Swag Prophet

I hope you're right because I definitely freaked out over my 2 C's.

yeah i did too, but after talking to several hundred students and deans of other medical schools. Two C's won't hurt you bro.

Supreme http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/supreme-bbc-jcrew-burberry-huf-sf-the-hundreds-xl-l/?topic_page=2#post-3250500

May 30, 2011 @ 03:41 PM
shump

goin to SCAD anybody ever been?
May 30, 2011 @ 04:16 PM
Youngfresh6def

yeah i did too, but after talking to several hundred students and deans of other medical schools. Two C's won't hurt you bro.

lol thats not true at all. medical school is EXTREMELY selective and if you think getting 2 C's doesn't hurt your chances, you are mistaken.
May 30, 2011 @ 06:05 PM
YK-

Anyone go to Drexel?
May 30, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
theh00d

Was deciding on transferring from sfsu to cal poly slo
for Architecture, but there seem to be a lot of requirement and
might even take a longer process to transfer.

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

May 30, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
Eaton

party life, dorm life, class difficulty, food, i already know the party life/sports will be dope though cool. penn state is one of my top choices

social life/party life is pretty swag. tailgating, frat parties are always fun.
dorm life all depends on who your living with and where your friends are but my floor was aiite only because i had a decent number of fobs on my floor who had some hygiene problems.
Commons food is good and you have options and theres alot of good restaurants downtown. and theres always options for late night food
class difficulty all depends on your major and how your classes were in highschool but i found it all to be managable.
the only bad things i would say about it is that its kind of in the middle of nowhere and there isnt much to do downtown other than eat or catch a movie.
like any other school its all what you make of it

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

May 30, 2011 @ 10:16 PM
Youngfresh6def

Anyone go to Drexel?

im gonna apply there.

thanks eaton ^^

Please login first to reply.