College Discussion Thread.

Jun 09, 2011 @ 17:02
film

That's what my bro did. He loved it and got a job after graduation. Good luck.
Savannah is really pretty, esp at night. Take the ferry across the river. Go to Tybee Island. Enjoy it brother.
Jun 09, 2011 @ 17:09
Headin to the University of Wisconsin (madison of course)....football games are about to be rowdy as fuck! Roommate seems cool too, glad I didn't get a schmuck going in blind.

Good shitsmokeyface. I go there too
Jun 09, 2011 @ 17:23
anyone applying to any uni's in the UK this year - what one, what course
Jun 09, 2011 @ 17:30
I think I'm going to UTEP. Lol weak sauce.
Jun 10, 2011 @ 10:52
Just had my MBA interview at UB...went well I think I'm in smokeyface

Buffalo Bills till I die.

Jun 12, 2011 @ 18:12
any accounting majors in here? how is it? is it considered a "safe" major in terms of finding jobs easily?
Jun 12, 2011 @ 19:37
I think I'm going to UTEP. Lol weak sauce.

LOL. Don't get caught in that drug cartel crossfire.
Jun 12, 2011 @ 20:31
Pretty much considered one of the most in demand jobs all of the time.
any accounting majors in here? how is it? is it considered a "safe" major in terms of finding jobs easily?
Jun 12, 2011 @ 20:36

this. i'm curious to see how life is. i've heard bad things
Jun 12, 2011 @ 22:46
summer is boring as hell man, I want to go back to uni.
Jun 13, 2011 @ 02:17
older bro is an accountant for pwc which is a top 4 firm for accounting. he doesn't hate it, nor does he really like it but he's making around 60k a year which is good money for a 22 year old. you gotta graduate from a pretty good school if you want to be making money right away and join a decent firm.

Word. It also depends on how far you go with it. If you want to be hot shit, do the CPA. It generally requires 5 years of school and the exams are hard as fuck, but if you finish it you will have a great, stable career forever.

It's really not boring to me. I am a Finance major but all of my electives are accounting courses because you need knowledge of finance AND accounting to be an analyst, and that is what i want to start out as. Everyone sees it as just doing people's taxes, but if you get in with a corporation you are basically running the finances of their company. I dunno, may still sound boring to you but I just really like numbers and stuff like that so it's very interesting to me.
Jun 13, 2011 @ 02:22
i'm an accounting major and i love it so far. i will have a job straight out of college (with the help of my dad, who is an accountant)

hopefully getting accepted into USC! currently at a CC right now.

UCSB.

Jun 13, 2011 @ 02:45
Headin to the University of Wisconsin (madison of course)....football games are about to be rowdy as fuck! Roommate seems cool too, glad I didn't get a schmuck going in blind.

I'm going to Ohio State next year, but a lot of my friends, including one of my best friends is goin too. I'll be upthere the weekend of the 8th of sept smokeyface
Jun 13, 2011 @ 16:25
UT in Austin TX, one of the top schools, number 1 party school, and its at a good price
Jun 13, 2011 @ 19:12
Anybody keep a job in college or know of a way to make easy money on the side while in school?
I just realized that ever since I got a debit card I've developed a spending problem and I'm not trying to be broke when I'm away from home.

I would sell weed, but you really don't make that much money and I'm not trying to get my life right.
Jun 13, 2011 @ 19:15
Anybody keep a job in college or know of a way to make easy money on the side while in school?
I just realized that ever since I got a debit card I've developed a spending problem and I'm not trying to be broke when I'm away from home.

I would sell weed, but you really don't make that much money and I'm not trying to get my life right.

get a prescription for adderall and sell that to your ♥♥♥♥♥s trying to study for exams.
Jun 13, 2011 @ 19:16
If your looking for a job while in school look into tutoring it will give you a little pocket change. If you need a little more $ being a bar back gets it done, and you can still chirp some girls while at work haha
Jun 13, 2011 @ 19:19
get a prescription for adderall and sell that to your ♥♥♥♥♥s trying to study for exams.

I feel you on adderall, that shit sells like crack in high school. If I'm 18 can I just go out and get my own perscription?
Jun 13, 2011 @ 20:04
Yeah actually I'm not saying it'd be smart or not to sell drugs but you could definitely make a nice profit doing that in college. Depending on the college, there are a lot of kids who get there and start going crazy with drugs who have never done it before. Meaning you can give them half a dub of dirt weed, charge them the full $20, and they won't give it a second thought.
Jun 17, 2011 @ 18:02
Went to an orientation for Baruch College today.
One of the orientation leaders that i had told me that there's bars around the area that don't check ID.
I have a fake ID but the fact that they wont check is &)

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

Jun 17, 2011 @ 18:47
csuf anyone?
Jun 17, 2011 @ 21:38
im goin csuf orientation this coming tuesday
Jun 18, 2011 @ 00:45
finished with a 3.0 this sem. really expected more doe =/

http://www.prevailco.com

Jun 18, 2011 @ 03:10
I go to the University of Tennessee. I never want to graduate.
Jun 18, 2011 @ 12:07
OHIO STATE!!!!!!! http://poeticcivilians.blogspot.com/
Jun 18, 2011 @ 12:18
Partied at Yale one time. Those smart fuckers can get down. However, the SEC has the best football games and really knows how to celebrate a win.
Jun 19, 2011 @ 15:06
@dunkpunk I'm applying too. Got rejected this year looking to send in an appeal. Coming from a 4 yr institution though
Jun 19, 2011 @ 15:15
Going to a 4 year uni this fall, but Im also taking one course at a CC. ill save some money and will hopefully get a 4.0 but fuck a frank kang, this might end up sucking.
Jun 19, 2011 @ 15:18
Originally posted by Inactive User

Just got to cbus for orientation, didnt realize how big the horse shoe was till i flew over it.
Jun 19, 2011 @ 19:54
@dunkpunk I'm applying too. Got rejected this year looking to send in an appeal. Coming from a 4 yr institution though

what's the point of an appeal? if you got rejejcted your honestly probably not cut out for the school. hell, most of the kids who DO get accepted aren't cut out for it.
Please login first to reply.