College Discussion Thread.

May 09, 2011 @ 12:23:24
Originally posted by Inactive User
Yeah I've gotten a couple phone calls from some rush chairs and I'm checking one out this Friday. Hopefully I get a bid card by the end of the month or so.

Any reasOn why you're not rushing northwest?

join the top house possible. nothing else matters. gl
-collegeacb.com
May 09, 2011 @ 21:02:35
Well, shit. I begin my first year at SUNY Albany this Fall. I'm really looking forward to it. Rooming with a friend from my high school now, and then I know at least five or six more people from my school that are attending. Can't wait to meet new people. If anyone has any words of wisdom, please enlighten me.
May 10, 2011 @ 16:00:29
northwest - yeah no problem. um let me think of some
1. put your foot down immediately with your roommate(s), you might feel like an asshole but trust me if you don't tell them to stop doing something in the beginning, they will be 100x worse by the end of the year.
2. the bottom bunk isnt the good bed because if youre trying to sleep and someone else it up theyll probably wake you up
3. you can move in before your move in date and time, no one checks. id suggest moving in before your time, but before your date youll seem like an asshole to your roommates because you'll have first choice of bed and desk and stuff
4. don't use the bottom row of dryers if you can help it, drunks piss and puke in them. also dont leave your clothes in the washer after theyre done, people will take them out and put them on the dirty ass washer
5. seems obvious but if you are drunk and see RA's don't tell them you are drunk. a lot of people think they'll get in trouble if they lie or something but the RA's can't do anything to prove it unless they call the cops which is unlikely
6. FIGs are a waste of time imo, and if you only take the classes in your FIG you aren't eligible for the Dean's List which they don't tell you, because the credits have to be graded (the U community class is P/F)
7. if you smoke, there's a pretty good spot at the end of brooklyn all the way down at the water. its a little park thing. don't get intimdated that its near the police station
8. the sandwiches at the sandwich place in lander are shitter, smaller, and more expensive than the sandwiches from subway in By George

thats about all I can think of for now, tell me if you have anything else haha. Btw what race are you? Some of them have pretty good clubs.

The nasty - thats cool dude, just keep in mind that greek week and rush are considerably better/different than the rest of the year, ive had some friends that were dissapointed when they actually joined the frat
May 10, 2011 @ 18:03:20
so dont take FIGS? aite good looks. to answer your question, im asian haha. and yeah i smoke, i assume it's easy to find a dealer in my hall? I signed up for lander. and moving in early sounds like a good idea. how early would be good?
May 10, 2011 @ 19:36:36
anyone at UW?

Easy mang...

May 10, 2011 @ 21:06:17
Graduate next week. BOW BOW BOW BOW BITCH I'M BUSTIN AT EM!!!!!!
May 10, 2011 @ 21:13:19
Graduate next week. BOW BOW BOW BOW BITCH I'M BUSTIN AT EM!!!!!!

from SFSU? congrats man
May 10, 2011 @ 21:19:45
Well, shit. I begin my first year at SUNY Albany this Fall. I'm really looking forward to it. Rooming with a friend from my high school now, and then I know at least five or six more people from my school that are attending. Can't wait to meet new people. If anyone has any words of wisdom, please enlighten me.

Im just finishing up freshman year at ualbany. The only thing i would really want to tell myself coming in is MEET EVERYONE, get yourself out there. Also be prepared for 80% cold weather and gray skies. Got any questions let me know brotha.
May 10, 2011 @ 23:58:16

I went to SUNY Albany and I had the best time ever. Hang out with people, smoke, go to parties, chill outside on the quad, go to the gym... basically everything you do, you'll meet people. Your suitemates should be your best friends if they aren't faggots. School work is dumb easy too. Have fun.
May 11, 2011 @ 06:32:54
I'm going to SUNY Allbany too in the fall
&)&)&)

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

May 11, 2011 @ 07:20:12
Studied for 14 hours straight and woke up at 8am for a final that I learned was optional when I got there. SMH |0 Fuck NYU
May 11, 2011 @ 12:03:30
congrats to the class of '11
welcome to the real world
May 11, 2011 @ 13:01:24
Im just finishing up freshman year at ualbany. The only thing i would really want to tell myself coming in is MEET EVERYONE, get yourself out there. Also be prepared for 80% cold weather and gray skies. Got any questions let me know brotha.

I went to SUNY Albany and I had the best time ever. Hang out with people, smoke, go to parties, chill outside on the quad, go to the gym... basically everything you do, you'll meet people. Your suitemates should be your best friends if they aren't faggots. School work is dumb easy too. Have fun.

I'm prepared for plenty of cold weather; I actually prefer it over hot. -_- I'm also prepared to meet many people, and hopefully learn plenty of things when I'm up there. I'm expecting to put in a lot of time at the libraries and to focus on my course-load more than anything, but still manage my time wisely. I'm majoring in bio currently, so I'll be trying my hardest to stay on my game. I also hope my suite mates aren't gay bitches, but whatever.

Thanks for the advice. smokeyface
May 12, 2011 @ 03:48:22
I'm prepared for plenty of cold weather; I actually prefer it over hot. -_- I'm also prepared to meet many people, and hopefully learn plenty of things when I'm up there. I'm expecting to put in a lot of time at the libraries and to focus on my course-load more than anything, but still manage my time wisely. I'm majoring in bio currently, so I'll be trying my hardest to stay on my game. I also hope my suite mates aren't gay bitches, but whatever.

Thanks for the advice. smokeyface

If you're from LI the weather isn't that bad besides the winter extending into April. Bio major is one of the harder majors there, but that doesn't mean much. UA is od easy and I saw retards who never went to class pass first year Bio classes. Don't worry about shit. Go out as much as you can.
May 12, 2011 @ 07:20:58
Studied for 14 hours straight and woke up at 8am for a final that I learned was optional when I got there. SMH |0 Fuck NYU

Oyy...
May 12, 2011 @ 07:22:04
3 finals this SATURDAY..... smfh SDSU! Death is upon me. Who pulls that kinda shit
May 12, 2011 @ 12:14:13
Smh...sitting in 3hour calc summer class 4 days a week is no fun :/
May 12, 2011 @ 12:22:33
If you're from LI the weather isn't that bad besides the winter extending into April. Bio major is one of the harder majors there, but that doesn't mean much. UA is od easy and I saw retards who never went to class pass first year Bio classes. Don't worry about shit. Go out as much as you can.

I really do prefer colder weather over warmer, so I don't think I'll mind the weather.

Also, I have a solid understanding of all things bio, so I'll be comprehending things well. I just don't know how I'll be handling the work-load. I'll definitely be dedicating plenty of time to partying though; I mean, it's UAlbany. smokeyface
May 12, 2011 @ 15:20:11
UC San Diego.
May 12, 2011 @ 15:32:10
uc san diego.

sdsu >

:p
May 12, 2011 @ 16:20:56
May 12, 2011 @ 20:07:56
so dont take FIGS? aite good looks. to answer your question, im asian haha. and yeah i smoke, i assume it's easy to find a dealer in my hall? I signed up for lander. and moving in early sounds like a good idea. how early would be good?

If you take a FIG, make sure it's classes you actually need or harder classes. If they're gonna be easy I'd sign up for an extra class. Yeah it'll be easy haha. Cool, um depends. If it's early in the week then just move in early on that day before your roomies get there, if it's later in the week maybe a couple days. Maybe so that you roommates don't think your an asshole say that you had to because your parents were just dropping you off before they left town or something
May 13, 2011 @ 12:26:46
i just pledged a fraternity wednesday night, its an awesome feeling
May 13, 2011 @ 12:28:05
^^which one?
May 13, 2011 @ 15:54:43
Psi Upsilon
May 13, 2011 @ 17:55:44

Awesome man, enjoy the brotherhood. I'm thinking about pledging, as anyone pledged a Catholic oriented fraternity?
May 13, 2011 @ 18:50:57
If you take a FIG, make sure it's classes you actually need or harder classes. If they're gonna be easy I'd sign up for an extra class. Yeah it'll be easy haha. Cool, um depends. If it's early in the week then just move in early on that day before your roomies get there, if it's later in the week maybe a couple days. Maybe so that you roommates don't think your an asshole say that you had to because your parents were just dropping you off before they left town or something

good looks. i dont think ill be taking FIGs. ill be def coming in at least a day early no matter what.

Psi Upsilon

congrats. u got any other bids?
May 13, 2011 @ 22:18:17

Congrats. I pledged a fraternity this semester also and it's been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Good luck with your pledgeship and initiation. It'll definitely teach you many things to build and strengthen your character. smokeyface
May 17, 2011 @ 16:22:44
oh one more thing about UW lol. If you are anything like me prepared to be annoyed as FUCK by people's music tastes. Last week was the yearly Spring Show where they get some performers to do a concert here for free. This year they had Sol (some student here), Clipse, and Mike Posner. Clipse put on a dope performance, but no one even put their hands up during it. Then fucking Mike Posner comes out looking like he's about to cry, wearing a yellow and pink jacket, and everyone goes fucking wild. In the first song he nearly made out with his DJ (who had a pink ponytail coming out the top of his head, and was dressed in a star trek-themed cardigan) and played some dubstep. Obviously I was like "I'm out" and go to get a pic with Malice who was in a booth signing his book and shit, no one is back there so I got to shoot the shit with him for a minute which was cool but ridiculous that no one was back there. People love dubstep here, drives me fucking nuts
May 17, 2011 @ 16:48:00
UC San Diego.

smokeyface

what you studying?

Melo Gang All Day

Please login first to reply.
x