FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
May 6, 2011 @ 12:52 AM
Principal Buttsavage

haha hb nigs we infiltrate da internetz.but yeah man i heard it was dead as fuck. its straight though i know some folks at sdsu so im good cool
May 6, 2011 @ 01:00 AM
CShizzle77

hahaha yeah dude, whatevs, San Diego's San Diego!
May 6, 2011 @ 11:25 AM
The Nasty

im on CC too.... hb we in dat

yeah kind of. i just want the typical freshmen experience i guess, and i feel that dorming is an important part of that. just my opinion. you doing Early Fall Start? Ive heard its dope but it costs $2500, and that's only for a month of school w/ one class, and i dont wanna have to pay for that.

yeah i just signed up for EFS yesterday, im hoping financial aid will take care of it..if not i cant do it. its madddd expensive for sure
May 6, 2011 @ 12:07 PM
northwest

UW readjusts your financial aid package to fit the extra expenses, but it will likely be in loans, or mostly loans.
May 6, 2011 @ 03:20 PM
Homes

Yeah I've gotten a couple phone calls from some rush chairs and I'm checking one out this Friday. Hopefully I get a bid card by the end of the month or so.

Any reasOn why you're not rushing northwest?

Where are you rushing at?

Also I'd say EFS isn't worth it. Most people end up taking a shitty class they don't need. All I remember is that when I got here, the EFS kids were mostly herbs. Everyone was all excited and like "lets go do this together! Lets go over to this place and check it out!" because no one had ever done it before but then the EFS kids were always the ones that were like "eh, i've already done it" and it actually seemed to limit them socially with the normal kids.
May 6, 2011 @ 03:27 PM
northwest

^
I'm dorming at lander, assuming they give me my first choice. I hope I don't get a triple. Does anything fun actually happen at the dorms at UW?
May 6, 2011 @ 05:44 PM
Homes

I'm sure you'll get in. Well I mean there's no actual parties in the dorms, people smoke and drink in the dorms all the time in smaller groups and thats fun sometimes, more fun than parties sometimes I think because its just chilling with friends... for big party shit though, everyone always goes out to frats and house parties. Some of the student orgs (mostly the Indian ones) throw some pretty big parties at actual clubs too. The housing people try to make dances and shit but theyre usually lame. What you'll probably find best at the dorms is that you'll find actual cool friends to go out to bigger parties with. Just make sure you're really socially active the first couple weeks.
May 6, 2011 @ 06:49 PM
northwest

thanks. your posts are always really informative.

btw, any other tips?
May 9, 2011 @ 11:26 AM
The Nasty

Where are you rushing at?

Also I'd say EFS isn't worth it. Most people end up taking a shitty class they don't need. All I remember is that when I got here, the EFS kids were mostly herbs. Everyone was all excited and like "lets go do this together! Lets go over to this place and check it out!" because no one had ever done it before but then the EFS kids were always the ones that were like "eh, i've already done it" and it actually seemed to limit them socially with the normal kids.

last week was the first week i rushed and i went to psi upsilon. it was hella dope and im going back out on wednesday. next week is greek week so it should be super fun, i plan on going out to sigma phi epsilon on friday too.
May 9, 2011 @ 12:23 PM
kmz

Yeah I've gotten a couple phone calls from some rush chairs and I'm checking one out this Friday. Hopefully I get a bid card by the end of the month or so.

Any reasOn why you're not rushing northwest?

join the top house possible. nothing else matters. gl
-collegeacb.com
May 9, 2011 @ 09:02 PM
Ecks

Well, shit. I begin my first year at SUNY Albany this Fall. I'm really looking forward to it. Rooming with a friend from my high school now, and then I know at least five or six more people from my school that are attending. Can't wait to meet new people. If anyone has any words of wisdom, please enlighten me.
May 10, 2011 @ 04:00 PM
Homes

northwest - yeah no problem. um let me think of some
1. put your foot down immediately with your roommate(s), you might feel like an asshole but trust me if you don't tell them to stop doing something in the beginning, they will be 100x worse by the end of the year.
2. the bottom bunk isnt the good bed because if youre trying to sleep and someone else it up theyll probably wake you up
3. you can move in before your move in date and time, no one checks. id suggest moving in before your time, but before your date youll seem like an asshole to your roommates because you'll have first choice of bed and desk and stuff
4. don't use the bottom row of dryers if you can help it, drunks piss and puke in them. also dont leave your clothes in the washer after theyre done, people will take them out and put them on the dirty ass washer
5. seems obvious but if you are drunk and see RA's don't tell them you are drunk. a lot of people think they'll get in trouble if they lie or something but the RA's can't do anything to prove it unless they call the cops which is unlikely
6. FIGs are a waste of time imo, and if you only take the classes in your FIG you aren't eligible for the Dean's List which they don't tell you, because the credits have to be graded (the U community class is P/F)
7. if you smoke, there's a pretty good spot at the end of brooklyn all the way down at the water. its a little park thing. don't get intimdated that its near the police station
8. the sandwiches at the sandwich place in lander are shitter, smaller, and more expensive than the sandwiches from subway in By George

thats about all I can think of for now, tell me if you have anything else haha. Btw what race are you? Some of them have pretty good clubs.

The nasty - thats cool dude, just keep in mind that greek week and rush are considerably better/different than the rest of the year, ive had some friends that were dissapointed when they actually joined the frat
May 10, 2011 @ 06:03 PM
northwest

so dont take FIGS? aite good looks. to answer your question, im asian haha. and yeah i smoke, i assume it's easy to find a dealer in my hall? I signed up for lander. and moving in early sounds like a good idea. how early would be good?
May 10, 2011 @ 07:36 PM
dylan fisher

anyone at UW?

Easy mang...

May 10, 2011 @ 09:06 PM
Beach2theBay

Graduate next week. BOW BOW BOW BOW BITCH I'M BUSTIN AT EM!!!!!!
May 10, 2011 @ 09:13 PM
Awww SNAP

Graduate next week. BOW BOW BOW BOW BITCH I'M BUSTIN AT EM!!!!!!

from SFSU? congrats man
May 10, 2011 @ 09:19 PM
0ptic

Well, shit. I begin my first year at SUNY Albany this Fall. I'm really looking forward to it. Rooming with a friend from my high school now, and then I know at least five or six more people from my school that are attending. Can't wait to meet new people. If anyone has any words of wisdom, please enlighten me.

Im just finishing up freshman year at ualbany. The only thing i would really want to tell myself coming in is MEET EVERYONE, get yourself out there. Also be prepared for 80% cold weather and gray skies. Got any questions let me know brotha.
May 10, 2011 @ 11:58 PM
shinesolo

I went to SUNY Albany and I had the best time ever. Hang out with people, smoke, go to parties, chill outside on the quad, go to the gym... basically everything you do, you'll meet people. Your suitemates should be your best friends if they aren't faggots. School work is dumb easy too. Have fun.
May 11, 2011 @ 06:32 AM
Jamie Dimon

I'm going to SUNY Allbany too in the fall
&)&)&)

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

May 11, 2011 @ 07:20 AM
Zach!?

Studied for 14 hours straight and woke up at 8am for a final that I learned was optional when I got there. SMH |0 Fuck NYU
May 11, 2011 @ 12:03 PM
hypoh

congrats to the class of '11
welcome to the real world
May 11, 2011 @ 01:01 PM
Ecks

Im just finishing up freshman year at ualbany. The only thing i would really want to tell myself coming in is MEET EVERYONE, get yourself out there. Also be prepared for 80% cold weather and gray skies. Got any questions let me know brotha.

I went to SUNY Albany and I had the best time ever. Hang out with people, smoke, go to parties, chill outside on the quad, go to the gym... basically everything you do, you'll meet people. Your suitemates should be your best friends if they aren't faggots. School work is dumb easy too. Have fun.

I'm prepared for plenty of cold weather; I actually prefer it over hot. -_- I'm also prepared to meet many people, and hopefully learn plenty of things when I'm up there. I'm expecting to put in a lot of time at the libraries and to focus on my course-load more than anything, but still manage my time wisely. I'm majoring in bio currently, so I'll be trying my hardest to stay on my game. I also hope my suite mates aren't gay bitches, but whatever.

Thanks for the advice. cool
May 12, 2011 @ 03:48 AM
shinesolo

I'm prepared for plenty of cold weather; I actually prefer it over hot. -_- I'm also prepared to meet many people, and hopefully learn plenty of things when I'm up there. I'm expecting to put in a lot of time at the libraries and to focus on my course-load more than anything, but still manage my time wisely. I'm majoring in bio currently, so I'll be trying my hardest to stay on my game. I also hope my suite mates aren't gay bitches, but whatever.

Thanks for the advice. cool

If you're from LI the weather isn't that bad besides the winter extending into April. Bio major is one of the harder majors there, but that doesn't mean much. UA is od easy and I saw retards who never went to class pass first year Bio classes. Don't worry about shit. Go out as much as you can.
May 12, 2011 @ 07:20 AM
cous.

Studied for 14 hours straight and woke up at 8am for a final that I learned was optional when I got there. SMH |0 Fuck NYU

Oyy...
May 12, 2011 @ 07:22 AM
cous.

3 finals this SATURDAY..... smfh SDSU! Death is upon me. Who pulls that kinda shit
May 12, 2011 @ 12:14 PM
bobby

Smh...sitting in 3hour calc summer class 4 days a week is no fun :/
May 12, 2011 @ 12:22 PM
Ecks

If you're from LI the weather isn't that bad besides the winter extending into April. Bio major is one of the harder majors there, but that doesn't mean much. UA is od easy and I saw retards who never went to class pass first year Bio classes. Don't worry about shit. Go out as much as you can.

I really do prefer colder weather over warmer, so I don't think I'll mind the weather.

Also, I have a solid understanding of all things bio, so I'll be comprehending things well. I just don't know how I'll be handling the work-load. I'll definitely be dedicating plenty of time to partying though; I mean, it's UAlbany. cool
May 12, 2011 @ 03:20 PM
ThatPanic

UC San Diego.
May 12, 2011 @ 03:32 PM
cous.

uc san diego.

sdsu >

:p
May 12, 2011 @ 04:20 PM
Snapples

sdsu >

:p