Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
March 29, 2011 @ 12:31 AM
Brooklyn_718

Just wondering how do you guys stay focused and motivated in school ?

I know how important this shit is for my future, but sometimes I sit back (after a long days work or while doing an assignment) and say to myself "fuck this shit!!!". I love to learn but I hate being coerced into reading and studying shit. I have a kindle and could breeze through tons of my personal books on many different subjects , but when it comes to being told to do this or that I'm less motivated and uninterested. I have the same feelings about school today as Noam Chomsky does... it's one stupid assignment after the next...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq6lFOhLJ0c

Thoughts ?
March 29, 2011 @ 09:16 PM
bulldogskoleff

Just got into Boston University pumped as fuck def gonna go there... anyone here go to any schools in Boston?
March 29, 2011 @ 10:02 PM
northwest

congrats.

I got some financial aid packages back. One of them, (my second choice school) offered me a really shitty one, and I would be graduating with a ton of debt.. this fucking sucks. I've been in contact with their financial aid office and I hope there was some mistake..
March 29, 2011 @ 10:11 PM
wcac26

March 29, 2011 @ 10:16 PM
bulldogskoleff

^ dope as fuck UC - Berkeley would be a blast
March 30, 2011 @ 05:32 PM
will 1 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
March 30, 2011 @ 05:43 PM
northwest

State schools tend to give less money because their shit is usually set. Private schools are a lot more flexible though in terms of scholarships and grants.

true dat. I just got my financial aid package from my choice school, UW, and it's surprising that my second choice school, a private, barely beat it. at this point, im basically forced to go to UW, which I was already leaning towards, but idk, i liked having options.
March 30, 2011 @ 06:51 PM
WhiteMike

true dat. I just got my financial aid package from my choice school, UW, and it's surprising that my second choice school, a private, barely beat it. at this point, im basically forced to go to UW, which I was already leaning towards, but idk, i liked having options.

What are you planning on majoring in NW? Sorry if youve posted before.
March 30, 2011 @ 07:19 PM
northwest

I put my major as psychology, but that was almost 5 months ago, and my interests have changed. i have no idea what i wanna do right now. im trying to get into something that will guarantee me a job, decent money, and a stable life, but all the majors that fall under those categories are hard to major in... or at least it seems..

pre-med seems interesting, but ive heard it's really difficult and most leave it, and i already know i dislike chem/physics/all that science shit
March 30, 2011 @ 07:42 PM
Jamie Dimon

For your private school, what you can do is call the financial aid office and tell them that you're really set on going, etc but that with the money they gave you it looks like you won't be going and ask if there's anything you can do or whatever to try and get extra $$. It might work. I kissed Fordham's ass and they gave me an extra 15k

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

March 30, 2011 @ 10:08 PM
northwest

damn 15k? was that per year? or a total of 15k?

I might just do that.
March 30, 2011 @ 10:10 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Congrats everyone.

Im a junior right now so i'll be applying some time this year!
March 30, 2011 @ 10:14 PM
WhiteMike

I put my major as psychology, but that was almost 5 months ago, and my interests have changed. i have no idea what i wanna do right now. im trying to get into something that will guarantee me a job, decent money, and a stable life, but all the majors that fall under those categories are hard to major in... or at least it seems..

pre-med seems interesting, but ive heard it's really difficult and most leave it, and i already know i dislike chem/physics/all that science shit

Well that's alright. You don't have to know your first year, just take all the gay prereqs and stuff. Try to get your feet wet in the different departments. Advisors are also very helpful for helping to determine how your different interests can fit into what major.

Believe me, I started as a business major at the U of A. 3 and a half years later, I'm about half way done lol. And I've been a business major the whole time, but transferring schools screwed me. As long as you know where you want to go to school (and usually if you stick close to home at a good school, you are fine) you will be out in four years no problem. College is built for minor bumps in the road.
March 31, 2011 @ 01:32 AM
DUDLEY

congrats.

I got some financial aid packages back. One of them, (my second choice school) offered me a really shitty one, and I would be graduating with a ton of debt.. this fucking sucks. I've been in contact with their financial aid office and I hope there was some mistake..

Is it Seattle U?
March 31, 2011 @ 01:40 AM
northwest

good guess. yep, seattle U is or WAS my second choice. dont really consider it an option anymore unless i can get them to give me better financial aid.
March 31, 2011 @ 03:21 PM
Youngfresh6def

Anyone know how hard it is to get into the Uconn honors program? Im in state, go to private school, 3.15gpa 1880 sat. I'm a junior, ill get that shit up
March 31, 2011 @ 07:43 PM
Jamie Dimon

damn 15k? was that per year? or a total of 15k?

I might just do that.

per year so 60 over 4 years.

And i got home today to an acceptance letter from St. John's even though I never sent SAT scores or finished my applicationconfusedconfused

I ain't even mad thoughcool

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

March 31, 2011 @ 09:57 PM
bulldogskoleff

Anyone know how hard it is to get into the Uconn honors program? Im in state, go to private school, 3.15gpa 1880 sat. I'm a junior, ill get that shit up

That SAT should be pretty solid for the Honors program, but that GPA is low, most honors colleges accept 3.5 GPA's minimum
March 31, 2011 @ 11:38 PM
northwest

per year so 60 over 4 years.

And i got home today to an acceptance letter from St. John's even though I never sent SAT scores or finished my applicationconfusedconfused

I ain't even mad thoughcool

what the fuck. an extra 60k lol. that's awesome.
April 1, 2011 @ 01:39 AM
The Nasty

Accepted to UW, ill be going there in the fall. I haven't got a financial aid award yet, but i'm sure i'm going to get the Husky Promise

I also got a full ride to Seattle U. It feels nice to have options
April 1, 2011 @ 02:38 AM
northwest

what the fuck? a full ride?

didnt u get deferred the first time around? what are the chances someone gets deferred, then later accepted with a full ride? wtf? if you qualified for a full ride, you should have gotten in the first time around..
April 1, 2011 @ 03:23 AM
The Nasty

yeah i did get deferred lol. dont ask me how it works. the full ride comes mostly from need based financial aid, but im not complaining
April 1, 2011 @ 06:11 PM
anti_icon

UMASS Amherst anyone?
April 1, 2011 @ 07:08 PM
northwest

the nasty, just wondering what was your financial aid package like? mine is a nightmare, and my family would be dirt poor if i attended.
April 2, 2011 @ 07:57 PM
The Nasty

So Seattle U gave me the Arrupe scholarship which was 7000 a year. The rest was made up of federal grants, federal loans. And 3000 dollars worth of work study, which I thought was a ridiculous amount of work while in school.

What was your package like northwest?
April 2, 2011 @ 08:06 PM
northwest

I also got the arrupe award. mine was really shitty. they gave like 30k in aid (grants+loans) per year, when it costs 45k to attend. So i would be in 15k debt every year + still have to pay back loans.

UW here I comeeeeeeee.
April 2, 2011 @ 08:09 PM
The Nasty

Haha once I got the aid I was like, Seattle U all the way. Then i got accepted to UW the next day. So that's where I'm going no matter what
April 2, 2011 @ 10:23 PM
northwest

u dorming at UW ur first year? ive heard terry and lander dorms are the best ones for freshmen.
April 3, 2011 @ 01:58 AM
The Nasty

Yeah I've heard good things about Lander mostly. I'm probably gonna do early fall start and rush so I can join a fraternity. I'm not trying to stay in the dorms very long
April 3, 2011 @ 02:07 AM
Belak

^^^I'm in UW bothell right now, applied to uw seattle a few months back and hopefully will be transferring as a 2nd year

I frequent uw seattle a lot and terry and lander are dope, hagget is really good as well.

Please login first to reply.