College Discussion Thread.

Apr 06, 2011 @ 22:32
No, colleges rarely look at individual class grades. They look at GPA, overall grade progress (consistent grades, gradual increase/decrease, etc) and grades in classes relating to your major, if applicable. Don't worry about a citizenship or participation grade is fucking piano class young Chopin
Apr 07, 2011 @ 00:27
Yeah but WSU also has way less students. I'm at UW and the only dudes I know that moved into the frat right away were moving into a lower frat that wasn't in high demand. Where are you planning on dorming at northwest and the nasty?

I'm living in lander right now lol

lollll lander is my first choice haha. terry is my second choice. and haggett is probably my third. im trying to get the better ones that are more sociable/have more freshmen. how do u like lander? u a freshman?
Apr 07, 2011 @ 02:08
SFSU or junior college

also thinking about http://www.nhi.edu/

decisions...
Apr 07, 2011 @ 02:13
JC if you can't decide what to major in and/or just want to get G.E. classes out of the way
Cheaper too
Apr 07, 2011 @ 15:16
lollll lander is my first choice haha. terry is my second choice. and haggett is probably my third. im trying to get the better ones that are more sociable/have more freshmen. how do u like lander? u a freshman?

haha thats a good priority list. Mine was about the same when I was applying. I'm a freshman right now. Lander is the all-freshman dorm. Because of this, it's probably the most sociable because everyone wants to meet new people. I've heard Terry is pretty social too, it's almost exactly like Lander (they are connected by the first floor) but not freshman-only so there are more upper classmen. Lander is pretty fucking cramped, there are a lot of triples and the rooms were built to be doubles so I'd say that's the only major downside. First quarter a lot of floors didn't even have open lounges because they had the overflow kids living in there haha but it's not supposed to be as bad next year. So yeah if you put Lander as your top priority you're almost guaranteed to get in, I don't know anyone who didn't. I like it and I'd say it's worth it, you probably won't want to dorm again like this by the end of freshman year but its worth it for the first year.

UW in general is dope, it's expensive (for me at least) but already I can tell you that you get opportunities here that you can't get anywhere else for cheaper. Especially networking opportunities. A lot of the teachers are well established in their fields (for example one of the finance professors in the business school just left last year to go be the finance minister of the opposition forces in Libya) and are really useful resources. Besides that, it's fun, there are some dope parties but you generally have to know the right people to get in. Are you planning on taking a FIG? Have you guys registered for your orientations yet?
Apr 07, 2011 @ 21:32
word I have to send in my deposit before I register for my orientation, which I'll do by this weekend. what's the party scene like? i know the frats only let people in the greek system in. so just off campus parties at apartments and houses? and yea, im probably gonna do FIG? u have a good time w/ that?
Apr 07, 2011 @ 22:05
Any Maryland people here?

UMBC?
UMCP?
Towson?
Apr 08, 2011 @ 03:20
word I have to send in my deposit before I register for my orientation, which I'll do by this weekend. what's the party scene like? i know the frats only let people in the greek system in. so just off campus parties at apartments and houses? and yea, im probably gonna do FIG? u have a good time w/ that?

party scene is alright, kind of unreliable. Frats let dorm people in if you know someone, you just have to get guestlisted. Some of the shittier frat parties will just let you in for $5 or $10. Other than that, yeah there's always house parties and shit around, but those usually get busted by the cops as soon as they start getting good.

FIGs are alright, depends on what you take in it. If its easy classes I would defintely take a 3rd class, the FIG class itself is only 2 credits and they are P/F so they don't count towards the Dean's List. I wish I had known more about them, I kind of wasted first quarter with that. If you can't take one with at least one pre req for your major idk if I'd take it at all. btw whats your major?
Apr 08, 2011 @ 04:20
SFSU or junior college

also thinking about http://www.nhi.edu/

decisions...

anybody here go to SFSU? if so, how is it?
Apr 08, 2011 @ 11:02
Sfsu is alright but don't expect much though(Usually wouldn't graduate in 4 yrs). Hard to get classes later on.
It's a better experience if you live there but you'll meet ppl in class n shit.

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

Apr 08, 2011 @ 12:58
Sfsu is alright but don't expect much though(Usually wouldn't graduate in 4 yrs). Hard to get classes later on.
It's a better experience if you live there but you'll meet ppl in class n shit.

Yeah I was thinking about moving in to one of the apartments over at Park Merced. I'm not sure if I would want to go to SFSU if it's dead though since SJSU is 10 minutes away from me.
Apr 08, 2011 @ 16:09
lol wtf are you guys talking about. why would you not spend your entire first year dorming? i know like 20 kids who pledged frats and none of them moved out of their dorms. what makes you think frat houses are just gonna have open space for pledges? idk maybe they do shit different in seattle

I know at UW frats like the Betas have a freshmen room but there's has shit with not heating and sleeps 12+ dudes in a room. No bueno
Apr 08, 2011 @ 16:16
Yeah I was thinking about moving in to one of the apartments over at Park Merced. I'm not sure if I would want to go to SFSU if it's dead though since SJSU is 10 minutes away from me.

I never went to SFSU, but I hate Merced. Like, it's such a depressing place to live. I'm trying to transfer into USF or Cal Poly SLO for spring semester. Really hope I get into USF though, that would be dope

edit: I know USF is a Jesuit school, but how religious is the student body? I have a friend that goes there and I know people party but I don't want to be around bible thumpers.
Apr 08, 2011 @ 16:23
^ what u need to transfer into usf or cal poly?
I'm might transfer to either one as well for architecture.
I'm freshman right now.

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

Apr 08, 2011 @ 16:33
Different for both schools, but you just fill out a transfer application, essay, and get a transcript of your current grades sent to the school. They might ask for SAT/Highschool grades depending on how many units you have taken already. I think its like <36 you have to send them hs/sat scores
Apr 08, 2011 @ 18:26
I never went to SFSU, but I hate Merced. Like, it's such a depressing place to live. I'm trying to transfer into USF or Cal Poly SLO for spring semester. Really hope I get into USF though, that would be dope

edit: I know USF is a Jesuit school, but how religious is the student body? I have a friend that goes there and I know people party but I don't want to be around bible thumpers.

i live fairly near usf and take the bus when the students get on or off the bus usually during the middle of the night. usually they're drunk white girls doing stupid shit... -_-

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

Apr 08, 2011 @ 22:58
Im looking at colleges now, i want to learn film but not faggy ass "creative indie shit" i want a job filming for burton or dc or somthing so i feel beingable to show them a vidiography degree would be good on my job aplication, what schools should i look at around the washington california area? Im not getting in to washington state, my gpa isnt so hot at the moment.

IRONHEART 364S SIZE 32 forsale, pm me

Apr 08, 2011 @ 23:26
usually they're drunk white girls doing stupid shit... -_-

thats exactly what I wanted to hear
Apr 09, 2011 @ 21:54
thats exactly what I wanted to hear

for reals! hahah
Apr 10, 2011 @ 00:32
college is overrated
Apr 10, 2011 @ 00:53
Looking to going to a community college, any advice you guys can give me? im looking to transfer after.
Apr 10, 2011 @ 01:01
Seriously. And try HARD for straight A's. It'll be worth it after 2 years dude.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Apr 10, 2011 @ 01:40
Thanks for the advice guys, yeah I'm serious about college. I didn't get into the colleges I wanted so I went to a community college.
Apr 10, 2011 @ 11:48
who was at NYU weekend on the square?
Apr 10, 2011 @ 23:44
What happens if i have "conditional" acceptance to SFSU and dont pass my EPT? My english teacher said my application is rescinded or some shit like that, is that true?
Apr 11, 2011 @ 00:10
So it just deals with classes? alright cool thanks.
Apr 11, 2011 @ 00:12
For accounting: San Jose St., ASU (W.P. Carey), or Oregon (waitlisted)?
I'm leaning towards SJSU because I have friends going there and it's the least expensive. I'm going out to Tempe during my spring break but I'm not sure I can take the heat. I probably won't try to go to Oregon unless the other two leave bad impressions.

Diamond Supply Co., Crooks &amp; Castles, and more (XL-3XL) http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/136442/ | http://www.flickr.com/photos/hodrick

Apr 11, 2011 @ 00:50
Its an English Placement Test for the CSUs in Cali
Apr 11, 2011 @ 13:28
Anyone going to Cal Poly Slo? Should be cool.
Apr 11, 2011 @ 15:32
Anyone going to Cal Poly Slo? Should be cool.

Sending in my transfer app for Spring semester 2012 (assuming the world doesn't end). What were your grades like if you don't mind me asking? And from HS or a transfer?
Please login first to reply.