Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
March 7, 2011 @ 01:45 PM
WhiteMike

i'm thinking about changing my major the sociology. i just though it's easier so i can get out of school as soon as possible with a BA in socio than anything else.
what kind of job can i get with a BA in socio though?

Dude wouldn't careers for sociology be like working for social services and welfare and shit? Don't get a BA in that, earn a major in what you really want so you can earn some money after school.
March 7, 2011 @ 01:51 PM
linh

i just wanna do something to help people out. not boring stuffs like social services or shit like that.

i prefer working at a homeless shelter or a youth academy program or something like that. but what kind of degree should i get before i get out..

already halfway done with classes to be a teacher, but now that i think about it, i don't want to be a teacher anymore.
March 7, 2011 @ 01:56 PM
WhiteMike

i just wanna do something to help people out. not boring stuffs like social services or shit like that.

i prefer working at a homeless shelter or a youth academy program or something like that. but what kind of degree should i get before i get out..

already halfway done with classes to be a teacher, but now that i think about it, i don't want to be a teacher anymore.

Well if you want to help people that may be a good route, but if you want to do something in the future to earn a better living you might want to consider a different degree. Is there something broader that you could help people with and be consdiered for other things if you ever want? Like public relations?
March 7, 2011 @ 02:26 PM
linh

i don't know whitemike, i think i'll just get this ba in child development and this credencial. although jobs right now is hard to come by, i'll find something to do, then be a teacher later.

thanks for the infos though. i wiki public relation, i don't know that the hell that was. razz
March 7, 2011 @ 03:37 PM
firebert

Money/ High Salary isn't the only thing that makes life worth living. If the guy wants to live a give his life some meaning by working a job that may not pay much but helps a lot of people than that's what he should do.
March 7, 2011 @ 03:41 PM
WhiteMike

Money/ High Salary isn't the only thing that makes life worth living. If the guy wants to live a give his life some meaning by working a job that may not pay much but helps a lot of people than that's what he should do.

I realize that. All I'm saying is that a degree in a broader field can help him do the same thing + allow him the freedom to do something that can make him more money one day, if he so desires.

It all won't really matter in the end. 5 or 10 years down the line potential employers will look that you have any sort of degree, plus the experience you've gotten since. What your degree is on won't end up mattering much most likely.
March 7, 2011 @ 05:17 PM
kmz

thats why u dont go to law school unless u can 1) get into a top (14) school and 2) be top 1/2 or 1/3 of your class. otherwise dat legal assistant job is waiting for u!
March 7, 2011 @ 05:31 PM
WhiteMike

yeah but if he has 50,000+ in college loans and he comes out to a job making 25,000 a year what good is that?

church

only reason i keep taking out student loans is knowing i will have the experience and the degree to make enough to pay them back fairly quickly and live comfortably after dat grad date
March 9, 2011 @ 01:42 AM
brannen

Yea he's right you gotta meet some sort of criteria like the EFC has to be lower than some number and other factors that also play a role but i was in about the same situation as the dude asking and i pulled a pell grant.cool

What did you do ma du?
March 11, 2011 @ 06:07 PM
chaobro

got accepted into Wisconsin, NYU, Oregon, Michigan State, and waiting on Michigan now.
March 11, 2011 @ 06:12 PM
Principal Buttsavage

Got into SDSU the other day. Pretty surprising since I'm an out of state transfer. Now just waiting on UCSD and UCLA.
March 11, 2011 @ 06:15 PM
kmz

got accepted into Wisconsin, NYU, Oregon, Michigan State, and waiting on Michigan now.

gratz. gogo nyu/umich
March 11, 2011 @ 09:41 PM
JayLovesPinays

deercrossings.tumblr.com

as creator of this thread, i have a right to plug my shit.

carry on.
March 11, 2011 @ 09:42 PM
JayLovesPinays

deercrossings.tumblr.com

as creator of this thread, i have a right to plug my shit.

carry on.
March 11, 2011 @ 09:57 PM
northwest

Got into SDSU the other day. Pretty surprising since I'm an out of state transfer. Now just waiting on UCSD and UCLA.

2-3 nigs just got into UCLA from my school today. prob some more that i havent heard about yet
March 11, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
indecisive

What did you do ma du?

prolly only partially in the same situation. I had a single parent and 2 kids in college, so that prolly contributed to it.
March 16, 2011 @ 02:05 AM
northwest

Im expecting a decision in the mail from the university of washington today... Fuckkkkkkkk hella nervous
March 16, 2011 @ 02:05 PM
D

Yo so I filled out my FAFSA form and got a .pdf from them saying my EFC is 0000 and that I'm eligible for the Federal Pell Grant. What do I do from here? Do I just wait for the schools I put down on my form to send me info and what to do next or do I gotta call?
March 16, 2011 @ 02:09 PM
missy.

^ you filed for the 2011-2012 year i assume. you can visit your schools financial aid office and ask what more you need to do. usually you fill out the fafsa then go there and get more forms to fill out. usually it's so that you can receive the pell grant and for direct deposit. very easy. they'll probably go over with you everything you need to be done. but MAKE SURE you go to their financial aid office. i filled out fafsa and didn't do that and missed out on aid for a year =/

they also might say you don't need to do much until fall semester starts since that is the start of the 2011-2012 year so for now, just ask, see what they say, chill, then come back during the first week of school with paperwork. just don't forget to go!

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

March 16, 2011 @ 02:11 PM
GhostfaceKilla

Got accepted into School of Visual arts, prolly gonna go there.
SOWASSAPDEN?
March 16, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
barbara1taylor

Got accepted into School of Visual arts, prolly gonna go there.
SOWASSAPDEN?

Partyy man smile

Cleaners Sydney
March 16, 2011 @ 03:54 PM
Young Handsome

Anyone ever took a Sociology Class? Any tips
March 16, 2011 @ 06:10 PM
TrollThemAll

came in this thread just to say fxck sallie mae forreal though.
March 16, 2011 @ 06:16 PM
mrscrouge

junior @ florida international university. Business adm major (management focus) english minor. fucked up my sophmore - first half of my junior year , busting my ass now to raise my gpa to a 3.3-4 so i can get into a decent law school (ill b taking one of those expensive LSAT prep courses soon to balance the low gpa).

so if you wanna go for a masters, mba, jd etc dont fuck up in the beginning , cause classes only get harder -___-
March 16, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
daftphunk

I completed one year at the University of Washington, Seattle.

I had really bad academics cause I was going through some shit. I got dropped due to low academics.
I'm in the process of trying to get back into school now. I've been out for two quarters getting my shit together.

Wish me luck
March 16, 2011 @ 06:27 PM
AntonSh

stupid place,dont wanna learn in college,but need it (
March 17, 2011 @ 02:54 AM
thephreak

anyone have finals this week? stressed the fuck out right now

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

March 17, 2011 @ 03:17 AM
WhiteMike

anyone have finals this week? stressed the fuck out right now

I took my last final monday. I've only gotten one grade back so far, it was a 3.9 razz

Realized today though there aren't any spring credits I can take to help with my degree progress so it looks like I'm taking a few months off until I start the business program sad
March 17, 2011 @ 10:42 AM
spitvicious

I got a 1800 on my PSATs when I took em last fall, should I get a tutor and work my way up to the 2000+ area or is where I'm at good enough? I'm trying to get into Penn State, Rutgers, UNC Wilmington, etc.
March 17, 2011 @ 12:46 PM
D

^ you filed for the 2011-2012 year i assume. you can visit your schools financial aid office and ask what more you need to do. usually you fill out the fafsa then go there and get more forms to fill out. usually it's so that you can receive the pell grant and for direct deposit. very easy. they'll probably go over with you everything you need to be done. but MAKE SURE you go to their financial aid office. i filled out fafsa and didn't do that and missed out on aid for a year =/

they also might say you don't need to do much until fall semester starts since that is the start of the 2011-2012 year so for now, just ask, see what they say, chill, then come back during the first week of school with paperwork. just don't forget to go!

Hey thanks! But in my circumstance, I'm moving from where I am now to a different city in June, so I can still go to their office right or will it be too late? Or is there anyway I can do this over the phone?

EDIT: Forgot to mention the community college I plan on going to is in another city.

Please login first to reply.