College Discussion Thread.

February 17, 2011 @ 17:49:11
Will my chances increase in getting into college if i do early admission?
February 17, 2011 @ 19:35:41
Next quarter is some easy wake up at 11AM shit,
Physics 103 with lab
Introduction to Interpersonal Communication
Macroecon
Anger managment, I get OD pissed off way too much, ready to fight/talk shit to a ♥♥♥♥♥ even if I know damn well he can knock my ass out lolololol

Based quarter before pharmacy school. smokeyface

instagram: prxsh

February 18, 2011 @ 01:26:10
OK guys might be right. I applied to 2 schools early action, got into both and got scholarships from both. I think they may have given me the scholarship anyway, but idk. just do early action just in case. youll get it out of the way fast. while my friends bitched about college apps, i stayed raking in acceptance letters smokeyfacesmokeyface
February 18, 2011 @ 07:14:45
In general it's probably just better to apply early for the simple fact that you'll get a decision earlier and then be able to relax a little. And colleges only have a certain amount of money set aside for scholarships so if you apply earlier they'll have more money therefore they're gonna be more generous with it.
February 18, 2011 @ 07:18:10
early action: gets decision faster
early decision: means you're contractually binded to go to that school, thus it increases your chances

early action does not.
February 18, 2011 @ 07:36:41
Does anyone know anything about exchange students going to study in America, I wouldn't mind doing that but I have no idea about it
February 18, 2011 @ 08:06:50
Fuck school (only if your dreams don't require it)
February 20, 2011 @ 19:21:36
will early action increase or decrease your chance in getting into a college?

or will remain neutral?

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

February 20, 2011 @ 19:25:21
im asking if it will decrease my chance, though.
February 20, 2011 @ 19:27:34
Why is everyone talking about UC? Well I go to Alabama A&M University.
February 20, 2011 @ 20:34:48
got accepted into all the schools I applied to: sdsu sjsu sfsu sac state, cal poly pomona, and cal poly san luis obispo

now to choose..
February 20, 2011 @ 20:45:33
Originally posted by Inactive User
will early action increase or decrease your chance in getting into a college?

or will remain neutral?

way above average admitted stats -> increases chances.

around or below average -> decrease.

the decrease in chance is just what i've HEARD. the rationale is that they will just toss your app usually instead of deferring you to regular admissions where you would compete against a less-qualified pool of applicants.
February 20, 2011 @ 21:07:20
got accepted into all the schools I applied to: sdsu sjsu sfsu sac state, cal poly pomona, and cal poly san luis obispo

now to choose..

major?

Most likely SLO is gonna have the best program out of all those choices
February 20, 2011 @ 21:13:28

Inactive User

how ya'll looking at ArtInstitute? Well worth it?
February 20, 2011 @ 23:56:53
some people say that it's bad to apply early action if your application doesn't stand out cause your average app will be compared with all the overachievers w/ spectacular apps who decided to apply early. this doesnt really follow what happened w/ me though. i got into both EA schools i applied to, but my GPA was definitely below both of their middle 50%. and your chances decrease even if your app goes to the RD pool after getting rejected EA.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

February 21, 2011 @ 04:51:08
Does anyone know anything about exchange students going to study in America, I wouldn't mind doing that but I have no idea about it

Depending on your Uni and course, most places in the UK have study abroad programs.
February 21, 2011 @ 06:51:00
im asking if it will decrease my chance, though.

it won't decrease.
February 21, 2011 @ 09:49:44
How old are you at average when you're at first year of college?

Thinking about going to College in the states after i'm finished with Gymnasium (takes 3 years).
February 21, 2011 @ 11:31:11
Fuckin' hate college class bullshit
February 21, 2011 @ 12:02:05
major?

Most likely SLO is gonna have the best program out of all those choices

Thinking about Computer Engineering.. and yeah my cousin goes there but I'm not sure if I could afford it so I'm kinda waiting to see how much fafsa will give me
gpa?

3.86 w/ 1850 SAT Score

any scholarship advice/places to find em at?
February 22, 2011 @ 00:16:56
Thinking about Computer Engineering.. and yeah my cousin goes there but I'm not sure if I could afford it so I'm kinda waiting to see how much fafsa will give me

3.86 w/ 1850 SAT Score

any scholarship advice/places to find em at?

yah, SLO is gonna have the best program for that. FAFSA is pretty good, I get 2 grand a quarter from it. Hopefully you get just as lucky. Although that only came in my second year
February 22, 2011 @ 20:23:39

Inactive User

my buddy goes to AI. he really likes it. It is an art school though and will not give you the typical university feel.

Thats whats for me too. Like, im already enrolled and down for the course, its just i want that University feel. smh(
February 23, 2011 @ 09:11:06
does anyone go to school for business management? i'm thinkin about changing my major to business management. is it hard?
February 23, 2011 @ 10:48:51
Fuckin' hate college class bullshit

x2

So much busy work bullshit.
February 23, 2011 @ 11:52:32
got a 3 page paper due tomorrow, midterm on friday, and an eight page paper due on tuesday. college is some hard ass shit.
February 23, 2011 @ 15:30:50
iggy, no hate, but im sure you could have gotten into even better places w/ your grades
February 23, 2011 @ 16:15:36
Chemistry Lab writing assignment due tomorrow.
Math homework due tomorrow.
Chemistry Midterm tomorrow.
Math midterm Friday.
First year UCLA. If anyone has question, PM me and we can talk on AIM or something.

SLO has a great engineering program.
February 23, 2011 @ 18:40:16
x2

So much busy work bullshit.

man, if i didn't have so much experience clutching in high school, i would probably be on academic probation right now.
Please login first to reply.
x