February 14, 2011 @ 06:49 PM
gnar

Not to be racist or anything, what's the majority race at uc Davis? Haha just curious

White are nearly the majority at many college campuses.
February 14, 2011 @ 07:09 PM
northwest

berkely and la have mostly asian students
February 14, 2011 @ 07:19 PM
jshih

You'll get into Riverside, Merced, Santa Cruz. Davis, SB and Irvine is pushing it though. Depends on test scores, extracurricular, and essay. You should take precalc again and see if the grade can be replaced or averaged. I had a 3.7 GPA with really good test scores (90 percentile) and I got denied from SB, LA, and Berkley. Granted my year, 2009, was the most competitive college applications ever

Honestly, essays don't matter that much for any of the UCs, and only UCLA and Berkeley actually care about your extracurriculars. I've got a friend who's on the board of admissions at Berkeley, and from what she's told me, a majority of UC applicants are selected based only on their GPA and SAT scores. If you're at or above the scores and GPA they want, you're in. If you fall below, you're out.
February 14, 2011 @ 07:48 PM
Trespace

yeah imma take pre calc again like online or something. I cud potentially raise my term gpa to a 4.0 if I got a's both semesters. btw i had a friend that graduated in 2009 and she had about the same gpa (3.7-3.8 avg) and got accepted to SB but not Davis. It seems like davis was just really selective in 2009 though cuz I know some ppl that had above that average like 4.0+ range and still didn't get in. So i'm honestly shit confused about the admissions. I'm just concerned that even if i get hella hella good SAT scores then I still won't get accepted into the higher tier UCs.In the lower tier, i've been to Santa Cruz and I wasn't feelin the campus too much, idk bout Riverside and Merced but i've heard riverside really isnt that good of a UC. idk tho.
February 14, 2011 @ 08:10 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Any DMV people around here?

How hard is it to make it to CP, BC, Towson?

or George Mason?
February 14, 2011 @ 08:18 PM
shakintheD

didn't get into any universities...whats good community college?

sad what were your grades ? lol
February 14, 2011 @ 08:19 PM
slap

yeah imma take pre calc again like online or something. I cud potentially raise my term gpa to a 4.0 if I got a's both semesters. btw i had a friend that graduated in 2009 and she had about the same gpa (3.7-3.8 avg) and got accepted to SB but not Davis. It seems like davis was just really selective in 2009 though cuz I know some ppl that had above that average like 4.0+ range and still didn't get in. So i'm honestly shit confused about the admissions. I'm just concerned that even if i get hella hella good SAT scores then I still won't get accepted into the higher tier UCs.In the lower tier, i've been to Santa Cruz and I wasn't feelin the campus too much, idk bout Riverside and Merced but i've heard riverside really isnt that good of a UC. idk tho.

I'm a first year at UCLA. I had pretty decent test scores and GPA, but I really do think they emphasize extracurricular A LOT more than the other UC's. I got into all UC's (didnt apply to Berkeley however). If you have any question about UCLA, ask away haha.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

February 15, 2011 @ 04:15 PM
CoppedaPair

Any DMV people around here?

How hard is it to make it to CP, BC, Towson?

or George Mason?

Im from Maryland and this year CP was super hard to get into. BC and Towson arent as hard tho
February 15, 2011 @ 08:03 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Im from Maryland and this year CP was super hard to get into. BC and Towson arent as hard tho

what was your sat n gpa?
February 15, 2011 @ 09:19 PM
will 1 am

^I got accepted to DePaul but I'm worried it would be tough w/o the typical college experience & it being a pretty big commuter school when I would be there from out-of-state
February 15, 2011 @ 09:39 PM
element

riverside ain't that bad, check that shit out for yourself ♥♥♥♥♥. merced is a motherfucking joke.
February 15, 2011 @ 10:42 PM
Tommy Boy

loyola also has a pretty ugly campus compared to depaul
February 16, 2011 @ 07:22 PM
Youngfresh6def

word, but i doubt ill actually end up applying to any chicago schools. im feeling boston alot more.
February 17, 2011 @ 05:49 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Will my chances increase in getting into college if i do early admission?
February 17, 2011 @ 07:35 PM
jawesome

Next quarter is some easy wake up at 11AM shit,
Physics 103 with lab
Introduction to Interpersonal Communication
Macroecon
Anger managment, I get OD pissed off way too much, ready to fight/talk shit to a ♥♥♥♥♥ even if I know damn well he can knock my ass out lolololol

Based quarter before pharmacy school. cool

Instagram: prxsh

February 18, 2011 @ 01:26 AM
northwest

OK guys might be right. I applied to 2 schools early action, got into both and got scholarships from both. I think they may have given me the scholarship anyway, but idk. just do early action just in case. youll get it out of the way fast. while my friends bitched about college apps, i stayed raking in acceptance letters coolcool
February 18, 2011 @ 07:14 AM
Dorsal

In general it's probably just better to apply early for the simple fact that you'll get a decision earlier and then be able to relax a little. And colleges only have a certain amount of money set aside for scholarships so if you apply earlier they'll have more money therefore they're gonna be more generous with it.
February 18, 2011 @ 07:18 AM
JayLovesPinays

early action: gets decision faster
early decision: means you're contractually binded to go to that school, thus it increases your chances

early action does not.
February 18, 2011 @ 07:36 AM
nate44

Does anyone know anything about exchange students going to study in America, I wouldn't mind doing that but I have no idea about it
February 18, 2011 @ 08:06 AM
Blaizini

Fuck school (only if your dreams don't require it)
February 20, 2011 @ 07:21 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

will early action increase or decrease your chance in getting into a college?

or will remain neutral?
February 20, 2011 @ 07:25 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

im asking if it will decrease my chance, though.
February 20, 2011 @ 07:27 PM
Jackie0433

Why is everyone talking about UC? Well I go to Alabama A&M University.
February 20, 2011 @ 08:34 PM
iggy-koopa

got accepted into all the schools I applied to: sdsu sjsu sfsu sac state, cal poly pomona, and cal poly san luis obispo

now to choose..
February 20, 2011 @ 08:45 PM
zzzboy

will early action increase or decrease your chance in getting into a college?

or will remain neutral?

way above average admitted stats -> increases chances.

around or below average -> decrease.

the decrease in chance is just what i've HEARD. the rationale is that they will just toss your app usually instead of deferring you to regular admissions where you would compete against a less-qualified pool of applicants.
February 20, 2011 @ 09:07 PM
EMU OG

got accepted into all the schools I applied to: sdsu sjsu sfsu sac state, cal poly pomona, and cal poly san luis obispo

now to choose..

major?

Most likely SLO is gonna have the best program out of all those choices
February 20, 2011 @ 09:13 PM

Inactive

how ya'll looking at ArtInstitute? Well worth it?
February 20, 2011 @ 11:56 PM
northwest

some people say that it's bad to apply early action if your application doesn't stand out cause your average app will be compared with all the overachievers w/ spectacular apps who decided to apply early. this doesnt really follow what happened w/ me though. i got into both EA schools i applied to, but my GPA was definitely below both of their middle 50%. and your chances decrease even if your app goes to the RD pool after getting rejected EA.
February 21, 2011 @ 04:51 AM
mr.orange

Does anyone know anything about exchange students going to study in America, I wouldn't mind doing that but I have no idea about it

Depending on your Uni and course, most places in the UK have study abroad programs.
February 21, 2011 @ 06:51 AM
JayLovesPinays

im asking if it will decrease my chance, though.

it won't decrease.

Please login first to reply.