College Discussion Thread.

February 13, 2011 @ 12:28:18
Does anybody here take up Pharmacy at UC Davis? I'm a jr and I'm thinkin of going there. How's ucd overall?
February 13, 2011 @ 12:43:31
Does anybody here take up Pharmacy at UC Davis? I'm a jr and I'm thinkin of going there. How's ucd overall?

the school itself is on an actual farm. i remember it smelling terrible and there wasn't much life around the school. the area is pretty crappy if you're looking for a great college experience.
February 13, 2011 @ 12:47:19
^ damn yo. a lot of my counselors and teachers are saying that Davis has a good pharmacy program. Anyone know any other colleges (preferably UCs) in California that has a good pharm. program?
February 13, 2011 @ 15:16:09
kmz, are CSUs really shitty or something?
February 13, 2011 @ 18:25:19
thinking about transferring, whats up with usc/ucla?
February 13, 2011 @ 18:56:28
February 13, 2011 @ 19:56:30
Got Denied from every college so far, whats good with that?
February 13, 2011 @ 21:43:39
kmz, are CSUs really shitty or something?

of course they aren't "as good" as UCs but I think you should go to a school that's best for you, especially with the prospective job market. I want to work in entertainment management and I really wanted to go to Berkeley and major in business but I realized that would be a huge waste of money since I don't even need a degree to do what I want to do. I chose to go to SFSU instead just to be in the bay and to get a degree as a back up plan. Not everyone needs to go to the most prestigious school especially if they can't pay for it. I'd hate to go to a 30k a year school and not be able to get a job afterward. However, if you want to be a lawyer, doctor, and start in a high position you should aim high with schools.
February 13, 2011 @ 21:54:33
Yo, is it possible to get into a UC (not berkeley or LA but like Irvine or something) if I end up getting like a 3.3-3.5 gpa average (cumulative) by the time my college apps are due next year? I'm a junior in hs now and the only shit that messed me up was pre calculus class this year cuz i ended up getting a D and I was only a few points away from passing that class with a C-. I know i wanna go to a college in california and shit but i was aiming for a UC sooo what are my chances? o and does ethnicity matter to the colleges hella much? lol
February 13, 2011 @ 23:02:58
Yo, is it possible to get into a UC (not berkeley or LA but like Irvine or something) if I end up getting like a 3.3-3.5 gpa average (cumulative) by the time my college apps are due next year? I'm a junior in hs now and the only shit that messed me up was pre calculus class this year cuz i ended up getting a D and I was only a few points away from passing that class with a C-. I know i wanna go to a college in california and shit but i was aiming for a UC sooo what are my chances? o and does ethnicity matter to the colleges hella much? lol

You'll get into Riverside, Merced, Santa Cruz. Davis, SB and Irvine is pushing it though. Depends on test scores, extracurricular, and essay. You should take precalc again and see if the grade can be replaced or averaged. I had a 3.7 GPA with really good test scores (90 percentile) and I got denied from SB, LA, and Berkley. Granted my year, 2009, was the most competitive college applications ever

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

February 14, 2011 @ 03:42:13
500 million dollar funding cut for UC isnt helping applicants. Make sure you have significant and relevant extra curriculars, not just some club memberships at school

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

February 14, 2011 @ 16:13:31
Not to be racist or anything, what's the majority race at uc Davis? Haha just curious
February 14, 2011 @ 18:22:02
when do csu's mail their letters? and do they send shit if they dont accept you?
February 14, 2011 @ 18:32:47
Not to be racist or anything, what's the majority race at uc Davis? Haha just curious

Asian.
A lot of the UCs have pretty big asian populations compared to other colleges.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

February 14, 2011 @ 18:35:44
when do csu's mail their letters? and do they send shit if they dont accept you?

depends on the csu. Some notify you earlier than others. They usually send you a letter or notify via email. I know people that got acceptance letters already and even some got theirs awhile ago.
February 14, 2011 @ 18:36:32

collegeboard
February 14, 2011 @ 18:49:00

White are nearly the majority at many college campuses.
February 14, 2011 @ 19:09:32
berkely and la have mostly asian students
February 14, 2011 @ 19:19:23
Originally posted by Inactive User
You'll get into Riverside, Merced, Santa Cruz. Davis, SB and Irvine is pushing it though. Depends on test scores, extracurricular, and essay. You should take precalc again and see if the grade can be replaced or averaged. I had a 3.7 GPA with really good test scores (90 percentile) and I got denied from SB, LA, and Berkley. Granted my year, 2009, was the most competitive college applications ever

Honestly, essays don't matter that much for any of the UCs, and only UCLA and Berkeley actually care about your extracurriculars. I've got a friend who's on the board of admissions at Berkeley, and from what she's told me, a majority of UC applicants are selected based only on their GPA and SAT scores. If you're at or above the scores and GPA they want, you're in. If you fall below, you're out.
February 14, 2011 @ 19:48:08
yeah imma take pre calc again like online or something. I cud potentially raise my term gpa to a 4.0 if I got a's both semesters. btw i had a friend that graduated in 2009 and she had about the same gpa (3.7-3.8 avg) and got accepted to SB but not Davis. It seems like davis was just really selective in 2009 though cuz I know some ppl that had above that average like 4.0+ range and still didn't get in. So i'm honestly shit confused about the admissions. I'm just concerned that even if i get hella hella good SAT scores then I still won't get accepted into the higher tier UCs.In the lower tier, i've been to Santa Cruz and I wasn't feelin the campus too much, idk bout Riverside and Merced but i've heard riverside really isnt that good of a UC. idk tho.
February 14, 2011 @ 20:10:12
Any DMV people around here?

How hard is it to make it to CP, BC, Towson?

or George Mason?
February 14, 2011 @ 20:18:44
didn't get into any universities...whats good community college?

smh what were your grades ? lol
February 14, 2011 @ 20:19:25
yeah imma take pre calc again like online or something. I cud potentially raise my term gpa to a 4.0 if I got a's both semesters. btw i had a friend that graduated in 2009 and she had about the same gpa (3.7-3.8 avg) and got accepted to SB but not Davis. It seems like davis was just really selective in 2009 though cuz I know some ppl that had above that average like 4.0+ range and still didn't get in. So i'm honestly shit confused about the admissions. I'm just concerned that even if i get hella hella good SAT scores then I still won't get accepted into the higher tier UCs.In the lower tier, i've been to Santa Cruz and I wasn't feelin the campus too much, idk bout Riverside and Merced but i've heard riverside really isnt that good of a UC. idk tho.

I'm a first year at UCLA. I had pretty decent test scores and GPA, but I really do think they emphasize extracurricular A LOT more than the other UC's. I got into all UC's (didnt apply to Berkeley however). If you have any question about UCLA, ask away haha.
February 15, 2011 @ 16:15:03
Originally posted by Inactive User
Any DMV people around here?

How hard is it to make it to CP, BC, Towson?

or George Mason?

Im from Maryland and this year CP was super hard to get into. BC and Towson arent as hard tho
February 15, 2011 @ 20:03:53
Im from Maryland and this year CP was super hard to get into. BC and Towson arent as hard tho

what was your sat n gpa?
February 15, 2011 @ 21:19:52
^I got accepted to DePaul but I'm worried it would be tough w/o the typical college experience & it being a pretty big commuter school when I would be there from out-of-state
February 15, 2011 @ 21:39:58

riverside ain't that bad, check that shit out for yourself ♥♥♥♥♥. merced is a motherfucking joke.
February 15, 2011 @ 22:42:20
loyola also has a pretty ugly campus compared to depaul
February 16, 2011 @ 19:22:27
word, but i doubt ill actually end up applying to any chicago schools. im feeling boston alot more.
Please login first to reply.
x