College Discussion Thread.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

February 05, 2011 @ 16:59:01
UCs mad hard to get into. I was thinking of going there for the summer for sumemr school.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

February 05, 2011 @ 17:05:00
if you're looking for a business school in socal. USC has the best without a doubt.

yeah you really have to be on your shit though to get > 3.5 due to the curves and the goddamn fobs who study all day (we have largest int'l population of any univ). qq

February 05, 2011 @ 17:18:29
wait till you get to the accounting courses at SC. mother truckin fobs are on point with that shit.

haha word. finished my acct courses, just FBE left, not much better lol

February 05, 2011 @ 17:25:09
starting 4th this sem
February 07, 2011 @ 20:28:31
Yo, I need some SAT tips.

How long did yall study?
What was your score (out of 2400. Not the old 1600.)

?
February 07, 2011 @ 20:36:41
Originally posted by Inactive User
Yo, I need some SAT tips.

How long did yall study?
What was your score (out of 2400. Not the old 1600.)

?

you should definitely get one of the SAT prep books. and study it lots. it's important to understand what you need to look for in the test, and what not to get held up on. not sure if you would qualify, but you can register for extra time, it's hard to get it sometimes, but really worth it.

i got a 600 on the writing, 600 reading, and 450 for math. so i guess 1650. should have retaken it really, if anything to bring my math score up. but, whatever.
February 08, 2011 @ 10:41:54
Sort of like what Dave said, I would learn about the format of the test, and how to take it.

I took one practice SAT online, which focused on the format of the test, and that's the extent of any studying I did for it. I ended up with a 650 in each of the three.
February 08, 2011 @ 12:32:23
where are the ivy/competitive college students at?
February 08, 2011 @ 12:49:05
^^

4th year at Stanford, just got accepted into Washington St. Louis, Cornell, and U. of Chicago for med school.
February 08, 2011 @ 13:31:00
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. 2nd semester.(

So glad I transferred the fuck out of that place
February 08, 2011 @ 14:12:09
Anyone ever take a Public Speaking class?

i'm currently enrolled in one, wsup?
February 08, 2011 @ 15:04:30

Took it last semester (communication class). Not that difficult. Give about 4 Speeches.
February 08, 2011 @ 15:06:01

I'm taking Business Communications now.

It's the most interesting and helpful class I've taken in college.

PS - Everybody else seems to enjoy it too.
February 08, 2011 @ 16:55:03
^^Depends on what kinda class you take, at my school they had group speaking classes and individual speaking classes. I took a group speech class and it got super annoying because if one group memeber was bad at public speaking my professor would grade all of us down.
February 08, 2011 @ 18:41:59
Oh I think I'm going to switch because I hate groups.

I also have intro to Sociology and Intro to Criminal justice anyone know what the material is like?

Where do you go to school? That criminal justice one will probably be about the court system and trials, policing methods, and theories of criminality. The Sociology one will be really easy I bet
February 08, 2011 @ 19:52:16
^^

4th year at Stanford, just got accepted into Washington St. Louis, Cornell, and U. of Chicago for med school.

holy fuck. wat a bosssmokeyface
February 08, 2011 @ 22:14:42

Inactive User

There's really no way to figure out what college's actually pay attention to when looking at your application. You could speculate forever but in the end admissions is a total crapshoot. Only thing you can really do is do well in school and complete all parts of the application to make you as appealing as possible to the school. If you need to write an essay write the best essay you can. If you think you need extracurriculars go join some clubs. But in the end there's no real way of knowing exactly how colleges make their decisions.

pretty simple to even increase your chances on top of that...in a college town like Ann Arbor, plenty of people are connected to UofM. My friend's pops eats lunch with an admissions officer. just like that word spreads like wildfire about what they look for...
Obviously not every case is cut and dry, but due to reputation and word of mouth everything is almost out there

essays are most important in most selective schools (if you have the standard high GPA and shit like that, because thats the norm)

On another noote, Finished my apps for NYU, Wisc-Madison...waiting to hear back from Mich.
February 08, 2011 @ 22:34:18
Anyone Know how FASFA works? I've already paid my tution and fees but it says I have money left over? Does the school get the money or does It go towards books?

I heard you get some of the excess money back. Anyone know if this is true?

i never filed for FASFA, but my friends who did each received money back. so someone might know better than me, but i'd say yes
February 08, 2011 @ 22:40:02
anyone applying to university of washington?

have to wait until march 15-31 to hear back. such bs mane
February 09, 2011 @ 00:00:22
Hey man I've been to both DA and SJSU. If you really can't get into the UC's or private schools, I suggest you try to get in SDSU or Cal Poly SLO before either SFSU or SJSU. SDSU is tiers above the rest in business. And any school that starts with a CSU is no good.

If your options are limited to SFSU/SJSU, I'd pick the one where you will have the most fun. They are very similar academically but SJSU is more of a commuter school I think (I haven't been to SFSU much). Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the advice man. I'm currently weighing in all options, including USC mentioned by the other guy lol.
February 12, 2011 @ 18:53:30
bump.
February 12, 2011 @ 19:56:18
UCLA.
My Intro to Sociology was reading an article a week and interpreting it.
Not hard work, but I got a B- in the class.
February 12, 2011 @ 22:33:28
Anyone Know how FASFA works? I've already paid my tution and fees but it says I have money left over? Does the school get the money or does It go towards books?

I heard you get some of the excess money back. Anyone know if this is true?

You should be able to get back all the money from scholarships/FAFSA if there is any leftover after tuition and fees. Do direct deposit to get it faster.

Save 20% off from Karmaloop.com Use REP CODE: SUBTRACT

February 12, 2011 @ 22:42:35
didn't get into any universities...whats good community college?
February 13, 2011 @ 11:21:51
Loyola Chicago all day.
February 13, 2011 @ 11:24:49
how do you like loyola chicago? definitely thinking about applying there
Please login first to reply.
x