Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
February 8, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
tmwtg

Anyone ever take a Public Speaking class?

I'm taking Business Communications now.

It's the most interesting and helpful class I've taken in college.

PS - Everybody else seems to enjoy it too.
February 8, 2011 @ 04:55 PM
Dorsal

^^Depends on what kinda class you take, at my school they had group speaking classes and individual speaking classes. I took a group speech class and it got super annoying because if one group memeber was bad at public speaking my professor would grade all of us down.
February 8, 2011 @ 06:41 PM
LiquidSwords

Oh I think I'm going to switch because I hate groups.

I also have intro to Sociology and Intro to Criminal justice anyone know what the material is like?

Where do you go to school? That criminal justice one will probably be about the court system and trials, policing methods, and theories of criminality. The Sociology one will be really easy I bet
February 8, 2011 @ 07:52 PM
northwest

^^

4th year at Stanford, just got accepted into Washington St. Louis, Cornell, and U. of Chicago for med school.

holy fuck. wat a bosscool
February 8, 2011 @ 10:14 PM
chaobro

There's really no way to figure out what college's actually pay attention to when looking at your application. You could speculate forever but in the end admissions is a total crapshoot. Only thing you can really do is do well in school and complete all parts of the application to make you as appealing as possible to the school. If you need to write an essay write the best essay you can. If you think you need extracurriculars go join some clubs. But in the end there's no real way of knowing exactly how colleges make their decisions.

pretty simple to even increase your chances on top of that...in a college town like Ann Arbor, plenty of people are connected to UofM. My friend's pops eats lunch with an admissions officer. just like that word spreads like wildfire about what they look for...
Obviously not every case is cut and dry, but due to reputation and word of mouth everything is almost out there

essays are most important in most selective schools (if you have the standard high GPA and shit like that, because thats the norm)

On another noote, Finished my apps for NYU, Wisc-Madison...waiting to hear back from Mich.
February 8, 2011 @ 10:34 PM
Dave_k

Anyone Know how FASFA works? I've already paid my tution and fees but it says I have money left over? Does the school get the money or does It go towards books?

I heard you get some of the excess money back. Anyone know if this is true?

i never filed for FASFA, but my friends who did each received money back. so someone might know better than me, but i'd say yes
February 8, 2011 @ 10:40 PM
northwest

anyone applying to university of washington?

have to wait until march 15-31 to hear back. such bs mane
February 9, 2011 @ 12:00 AM
Awww SNAP

Hey man I've been to both DA and SJSU. If you really can't get into the UC's or private schools, I suggest you try to get in SDSU or Cal Poly SLO before either SFSU or SJSU. SDSU is tiers above the rest in business. And any school that starts with a CSU is no good.

If your options are limited to SFSU/SJSU, I'd pick the one where you will have the most fun. They are very similar academically but SJSU is more of a commuter school I think (I haven't been to SFSU much). Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the advice man. I'm currently weighing in all options, including USC mentioned by the other guy lol.
February 12, 2011 @ 06:53 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

bump.
February 12, 2011 @ 07:56 PM
slap

UCLA.
My Intro to Sociology was reading an article a week and interpreting it.
Not hard work, but I got a B- in the class.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

February 12, 2011 @ 10:33 PM
eXtrachunky

Anyone Know how FASFA works? I've already paid my tution and fees but it says I have money left over? Does the school get the money or does It go towards books?

I heard you get some of the excess money back. Anyone know if this is true?

You should be able to get back all the money from scholarships/FAFSA if there is any leftover after tuition and fees. Do direct deposit to get it faster.

Save 20% off from Karmaloop.com Use REP CODE: SUBTRACT

February 12, 2011 @ 10:42 PM
keakkk

didn't get into any universities...whats good community college?
February 13, 2011 @ 11:21 AM
ylz23

Loyola Chicago all day.
February 13, 2011 @ 11:24 AM
Youngfresh6def

how do you like loyola chicago? definitely thinking about applying there
February 13, 2011 @ 12:28 PM
TALIBAN

Does anybody here take up Pharmacy at UC Davis? I'm a jr and I'm thinkin of going there. How's ucd overall?
February 13, 2011 @ 12:43 PM
goobypls

Does anybody here take up Pharmacy at UC Davis? I'm a jr and I'm thinkin of going there. How's ucd overall?

the school itself is on an actual farm. i remember it smelling terrible and there wasn't much life around the school. the area is pretty crappy if you're looking for a great college experience.
February 13, 2011 @ 12:47 PM
TALIBAN

^ damn yo. a lot of my counselors and teachers are saying that Davis has a good pharmacy program. Anyone know any other colleges (preferably UCs) in California that has a good pharm. program?
February 13, 2011 @ 03:16 PM
northwest

kmz, are CSUs really shitty or something?
February 13, 2011 @ 06:25 PM
JayLovesPinays

thinking about transferring, whats up with usc/ucla?
February 13, 2011 @ 06:56 PM
ylz23

how do you like loyola chicago? definitely thinking about applying there

Love it. The population is more women than men btw..
February 13, 2011 @ 07:56 PM
Swagging

Got Denied from every college so far, whats good with that?
February 13, 2011 @ 09:43 PM
Beach2theBay

kmz, are CSUs really shitty or something?

of course they aren't "as good" as UCs but I think you should go to a school that's best for you, especially with the prospective job market. I want to work in entertainment management and I really wanted to go to Berkeley and major in business but I realized that would be a huge waste of money since I don't even need a degree to do what I want to do. I chose to go to SFSU instead just to be in the bay and to get a degree as a back up plan. Not everyone needs to go to the most prestigious school especially if they can't pay for it. I'd hate to go to a 30k a year school and not be able to get a job afterward. However, if you want to be a lawyer, doctor, and start in a high position you should aim high with schools.
February 13, 2011 @ 09:54 PM
Trespace

Yo, is it possible to get into a UC (not berkeley or LA but like Irvine or something) if I end up getting like a 3.3-3.5 gpa average (cumulative) by the time my college apps are due next year? I'm a junior in hs now and the only shit that messed me up was pre calculus class this year cuz i ended up getting a D and I was only a few points away from passing that class with a C-. I know i wanna go to a college in california and shit but i was aiming for a UC sooo what are my chances? o and does ethnicity matter to the colleges hella much? lol
February 13, 2011 @ 11:02 PM
EMU OG

Yo, is it possible to get into a UC (not berkeley or LA but like Irvine or something) if I end up getting like a 3.3-3.5 gpa average (cumulative) by the time my college apps are due next year? I'm a junior in hs now and the only shit that messed me up was pre calculus class this year cuz i ended up getting a D and I was only a few points away from passing that class with a C-. I know i wanna go to a college in california and shit but i was aiming for a UC sooo what are my chances? o and does ethnicity matter to the colleges hella much? lol

You'll get into Riverside, Merced, Santa Cruz. Davis, SB and Irvine is pushing it though. Depends on test scores, extracurricular, and essay. You should take precalc again and see if the grade can be replaced or averaged. I had a 3.7 GPA with really good test scores (90 percentile) and I got denied from SB, LA, and Berkley. Granted my year, 2009, was the most competitive college applications ever
February 14, 2011 @ 03:42 AM
thephreak

500 million dollar funding cut for UC isnt helping applicants. Make sure you have significant and relevant extra curriculars, not just some club memberships at school

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

February 14, 2011 @ 04:13 PM
TALIBAN

Not to be racist or anything, what's the majority race at uc Davis? Haha just curious
February 14, 2011 @ 06:22 PM
TheAbstrakt

when do csu's mail their letters? and do they send shit if they dont accept you?
February 14, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
Jamie Dimon

Not to be racist or anything, what's the majority race at uc Davis? Haha just curious

Asian.
A lot of the UCs have pretty big asian populations compared to other colleges.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

February 14, 2011 @ 06:35 PM
indecisive

when do csu's mail their letters? and do they send shit if they dont accept you?

depends on the csu. Some notify you earlier than others. They usually send you a letter or notify via email. I know people that got acceptance letters already and even some got theirs awhile ago.
February 14, 2011 @ 06:36 PM
indecisive

collegeboard

Please login first to reply.