College Discussion Thread.

Inactive User

Aug 22, 2010 @ 07:00
yeah u would be surprised how many of us are from the bay. alot of bay area filipinos here. even though i am not one lol.

Word haha. Is it really as crackin' as it seems to be?
Aug 22, 2010 @ 07:30
^^^
I was thinking the same damn thing.
I'm bringing the same shit like always for the first day of school. Backpack,binder w/ paper, pencil, pen. Then just wait to see if there's anything specific teachers want me to bring/buy.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 07:40
I hope so. My sister told me teachers give you a week or something to get your books. I don't trust what people say online (ratemyprofessor&allthat) cause they can either not be updated or the professor teaches multiple subjects so you might end up buying a book for a different subject.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 07:47
The teacher's going to tell us what textbooks to get in the first (if not very first) few days, right? My sister casually asked me a few days ago if I had my textbooks and I said "what the fuck."

buy them online, dont get ripped off by college bookstore..
Aug 22, 2010 @ 08:41
6 days...wtf
Aug 22, 2010 @ 09:22
orientation on tuesday, kinda pumped. I'm already here though, kickin it with my carolina ✖✖✖✖✖s who've moved in.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 11:46
One piece of advice for freshmen in dorms.

Girls love the guys who hook up with all the girls in the dorm (the cute ones). Don't tie yourself down
Aug 22, 2010 @ 12:05
^ Truth.

Don't EVER buy from college bookstores. They make bank off any and every book.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 13:25
where are you living

third north
Aug 22, 2010 @ 18:39
Just looked up my teachers on ratemyprofessor for this semester. Everything should be easy except english. smokeyface
Aug 22, 2010 @ 21:33
1st day of sophomore year is coming up. not prepared at all, i havent got my books, i dont have any art supply either. feels good man.

idc, idgaf slacker lyfestyle might not make it.

p.s. to all the freshmen, i suggest you leave whatever bad HS habits behind, like absences and stuff like that, or else your college life might be short lived.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 21:35
i don't buy books till like a week into classes and then they don't come for like another 3 weeks. dgaf.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 21:39
5 days til move in!!!!
Some random ish givin' me HB Matt as a roomate LAWLZ.
HB reppin' @ LMU.
la meetup anyone?
Aug 22, 2010 @ 22:32
Was in the dorms for 2-3 days
then went home for now
It was boring...

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

Aug 22, 2010 @ 22:48
^ You a freshman?

Better start making friends (with benefits) fast. Nigs will be scooping.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 22:55
1st day of sophomore year is coming up. not prepared at all, i havent got my books, i dont have any art supply either. feels good man.

idc, idgaf slacker lyfestyle might not make it.

p.s. to all the freshmen, i suggest you leave whatever bad HS habits behind, like absences and stuff like that, or else your college life might be short lived.

Irony!
Aug 22, 2010 @ 23:11
^ You a freshman?

Better start making friends (with benefits) fast. Nigs will be scooping.

Yeah man,
Hopefully on tuesday when I start class.
Better be some fine asian chicks
and no herb ass white people ...

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

Aug 22, 2010 @ 23:16
movin out friday, starting monday. so stoked haha. any tips aside from the obvious? like special things to bring to the dorm?
Aug 23, 2010 @ 02:06
movin out friday, starting monday. so stoked haha. any tips aside from the obvious? like special things to bring to the dorm?

bring presents for ur roomate......
Aug 23, 2010 @ 04:08
ahahahaha my niggg
Aug 23, 2010 @ 06:27

bout to start my second year, but like my RA said at the beginning of my first year, college is really what you make of it. you get what you put in, sounds corny, but its true. make friends and join/participate in lots of activities. just like high school...but better
Aug 23, 2010 @ 09:17
I plan on going to school next year when i'm done in the military, pretty nervous about it since i haven't done anything school related in the past 3 years.

I'm in the same boat. I joined the Army National Guard a year after graduating high school, spent a year and a half in AIT(training). All my high school class mates are now juniors in college while I'm just starting. FML

Oh well, at least my education is now paid for>smh
Aug 23, 2010 @ 14:27
third north

hope you dont walk around wearing all red
Aug 23, 2010 @ 15:29
im staying third north too
Aug 23, 2010 @ 16:15
ucriverside anyone? not excited. seems shitty as fuck.
Aug 23, 2010 @ 20:27
How hard was it to get into nyu? what grades/extras did you have? planning to major in bio/some sort of science
Aug 23, 2010 @ 22:20
ucriverside anyone? not excited. seems shitty as fuck.

lol, thats where i spent my high school years. UCR itself is not a bad school at all, its the fuckin city. probably THE shittiest college town you can possibly find
Aug 24, 2010 @ 04:51
How hard was it to get into nyu? what grades/extras did you have? planning to major in bio/some sort of science

Honestly I got into NYU with mediocre grades(I think around B average? t'was 4 years ago don't remember), it was one of my safety schools along with some CUNYs.

Lol @ the nyu hype tho. I can go to polytech and get a degree from nyu.
Idk, but I hate nyu because people from out of states think its so prestigious when its really not.

G'luck tho to all you incoming freshmens.
PS: HAVE FUN AS A FRESHMEN, cause you're sure as shit not going to enjoy your years after as much.
Aug 24, 2010 @ 12:45

i got waitlisted @ nyu but eventually got accepted mid-summer

i had a 4.3 avg
2050 SAT
varsity tennis
a few clubs

but i applied to get into the pre-law program, so i have no idea if that affected how i was accepted.
my friend was almost identical to me with sat scores, grades, and extras, and she got accepted for the nursing there or something. smh @ the NYU hype these days, but its a nice school.
Aug 24, 2010 @ 12:55
If you do end up going to NYU, be ready to take out massive student loans and what not to cover their bill (assuming if financial aid fails.) blinkyeyes

follow me on instagram: @rolledankle

Please login first to reply.