College Discussion Thread.

Aug 22, 2010 @ 22:32
Was in the dorms for 2-3 days
then went home for now
It was boring...

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

Aug 22, 2010 @ 22:48
^ You a freshman?

Better start making friends (with benefits) fast. Nigs will be scooping.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 22:55
1st day of sophomore year is coming up. not prepared at all, i havent got my books, i dont have any art supply either. feels good man.

idc, idgaf slacker lyfestyle might not make it.

p.s. to all the freshmen, i suggest you leave whatever bad HS habits behind, like absences and stuff like that, or else your college life might be short lived.

Irony!
Aug 22, 2010 @ 23:11
^ You a freshman?

Better start making friends (with benefits) fast. Nigs will be scooping.

Yeah man,
Hopefully on tuesday when I start class.
Better be some fine asian chicks
and no herb ass white people ...

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

Aug 22, 2010 @ 23:16
movin out friday, starting monday. so stoked haha. any tips aside from the obvious? like special things to bring to the dorm?
Aug 23, 2010 @ 02:06
movin out friday, starting monday. so stoked haha. any tips aside from the obvious? like special things to bring to the dorm?

bring presents for ur roomate......
Aug 23, 2010 @ 04:08
ahahahaha my niggg
Aug 23, 2010 @ 06:27

bout to start my second year, but like my RA said at the beginning of my first year, college is really what you make of it. you get what you put in, sounds corny, but its true. make friends and join/participate in lots of activities. just like high school...but better
Aug 23, 2010 @ 09:17
I plan on going to school next year when i'm done in the military, pretty nervous about it since i haven't done anything school related in the past 3 years.

I'm in the same boat. I joined the Army National Guard a year after graduating high school, spent a year and a half in AIT(training). All my high school class mates are now juniors in college while I'm just starting. FML

Oh well, at least my education is now paid for>smh
Aug 23, 2010 @ 14:27
third north

hope you dont walk around wearing all red
Aug 23, 2010 @ 15:29
im staying third north too
Aug 23, 2010 @ 16:15
ucriverside anyone? not excited. seems shitty as fuck.
Aug 23, 2010 @ 20:27
How hard was it to get into nyu? what grades/extras did you have? planning to major in bio/some sort of science
Aug 23, 2010 @ 22:20
ucriverside anyone? not excited. seems shitty as fuck.

lol, thats where i spent my high school years. UCR itself is not a bad school at all, its the fuckin city. probably THE shittiest college town you can possibly find
Aug 24, 2010 @ 04:51
How hard was it to get into nyu? what grades/extras did you have? planning to major in bio/some sort of science

Honestly I got into NYU with mediocre grades(I think around B average? t'was 4 years ago don't remember), it was one of my safety schools along with some CUNYs.

Lol @ the nyu hype tho. I can go to polytech and get a degree from nyu.
Idk, but I hate nyu because people from out of states think its so prestigious when its really not.

G'luck tho to all you incoming freshmens.
PS: HAVE FUN AS A FRESHMEN, cause you're sure as shit not going to enjoy your years after as much.
Aug 24, 2010 @ 12:45

i got waitlisted @ nyu but eventually got accepted mid-summer

i had a 4.3 avg
2050 SAT
varsity tennis
a few clubs

but i applied to get into the pre-law program, so i have no idea if that affected how i was accepted.
my friend was almost identical to me with sat scores, grades, and extras, and she got accepted for the nursing there or something. smh @ the NYU hype these days, but its a nice school.
Aug 24, 2010 @ 12:55
If you do end up going to NYU, be ready to take out massive student loans and what not to cover their bill (assuming if financial aid fails.) blinkyeyes

follow me on instagram: @rolledankle

Aug 24, 2010 @ 12:55
Word, everyone wants to go to NYU now. Wtf happened recently that everyone wants to go there?
Aug 24, 2010 @ 13:43
Nothing really happened, people just like the fact "New York" is in the name of their school, thus all the hype around it came up.
It is an extremely expensive school to go to for undergrad, and there is mad fucking stress because they make classes 10x harder for no apparent reason.
Aug 24, 2010 @ 13:44
Suicides are dope at NYU. smokeyface

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

Aug 24, 2010 @ 14:04
shiet, columbia > NYU in every way.
Aug 24, 2010 @ 16:46
^^^^^^
hells yes lol smokeyface

follow me on instagram: @rolledankle

Aug 24, 2010 @ 16:54
i still don't have my fourth class sorted out,
and i start on monday....

smokeyface

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

Aug 24, 2010 @ 18:37
i still don't have my fourth class sorted out,
and i start on monday....

smokeyface

do u go to smcc julian?
Aug 24, 2010 @ 18:53
yeah, i will be going there.

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

Aug 24, 2010 @ 19:57
Damn ya'll start early. Don't start until September 24th.
Aug 24, 2010 @ 21:03
Damn ya'll start early. Don't start until September 24th.

You ever think that maybe you start late and we start on normal time? Huh? HUH?????
Aug 24, 2010 @ 21:14
Ya'll start really early. I start college in September 2011
Aug 24, 2010 @ 22:34
Originally posted by Inactive User
You ever think that maybe you start late and we start on normal time? Huh? HUH?????

Nah, I didn't think of it that way seeing as I was referring to all of your starting dates in relation to mine, which would be early.
Aug 24, 2010 @ 23:38
Gonzaga anyone? start thursday
Please login first to reply.