College Discussion Thread.

Aug 11, 2010 @ 16:52
Aug 11, 2010 @ 16:55
14 days ahhhh
Aug 11, 2010 @ 17:00
Went to SU for a year (last year, so 09-10) but transferred out at the end of the year. Its a school in transition and I'd take a long look at it if you're thinking of going there. I had troubles with the rain and all but I was from out-of-state and I see you are not. Other than weather it has overcapacity issues, they keep raising class sizes and don't have the money to expand, I think housing this year is like 112% and a bunch of my friends got kicked out of their rooms or forced into "economy" triples at a strikingly under-discounted rate. The area is dope though and some awesome cultural stuff (music, movies, ect). I left because I felt they were modeling growth after Gonzaga (sports being improved at the expense of academics-lowered acceptance standards to get better athletes) rather than try and develop the strong academic reputation they had built up to. Overall it was a good school though, just some things to consider.

word. one of the reasons i am interested in SU is because it's a little easier to get accepted into, has smaller classroom sizes, and has better quality dorms, all in comparison to UW. and im going to try to apply financial aid...and private schools usually give out more money.

and yeah, I might apply to Gonzaga as a safety/safety
Aug 22, 2010 @ 01:20
class of 2011!!!

where you nigs applying to?

-University of Washington
-Seattle University
-Western Washington University
-Seattle Pacific University (parents forcing me)
-UC: Santa Barbara (maybe applying)
-Washington State University (safety x10 school)

Applying to:
Northwestern
University of Chicago
Depaul
McGill
MIT
Also a few schools in the UK
Aug 22, 2010 @ 01:38
Originally posted by Inactive User
Applying to:
Northwestern
University of Chicago
Depaul
McGill
MIT
Also a few schools in the UK

Nice list, but if you're going to apply as high as MIT, you should really add some colleges to your list (caltech, ivies, stanford). Cause i know MIT is pretty damn hard to get into (harder than columbia or penn)
Aug 22, 2010 @ 01:43
Anyone here going to Washington State University?
Aug 22, 2010 @ 02:32
Nice list, but if you're going to apply as high as MIT, you should really add some colleges to your list (caltech, ivies, stanford). Cause i know MIT is pretty damn hard to get into (harder than columbia or penn)

Word, thanks for the advice. I'm interested in studying astronomy/physics/astrophysics and MIT is one of the top dogs for that. Also looking into caltech.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 02:46
6 days ?)

Inactive User

Aug 22, 2010 @ 02:50
class of 2011!!!

where you nigs applying to?

-University of Washington
-Seattle University
-Western Washington University
-Seattle Pacific University (parents forcing me)
-UC: Santa Barbara (maybe applying)
-Washington State University (safety x10 school)

I'm gonna be entering my first year at UCSB this yearrr. hit me if you got any q's on how to get in and shit.
and by the way, the girls here are BEYONG crackin. all of 'em wearin' shorts and biking/skating around.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 03:03
Word, thanks for the advice. I'm interested in studying astronomy/physics/astrophysics and MIT is one of the top dogs for that. Also looking into caltech.

no prob man, you're in for a tough four years, i can tell you that. I'm studying econ, and it really depends on the school i get into how tough it'll be.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 03:09
what uc's would you guys recommend for someone trying to study bio then later trying to get into med school.
im prob gonna apply to nyu/u chicago as well
Aug 22, 2010 @ 03:13
what uc's would you guys recommend for someone trying to study bio then later trying to get into med school.
im prob gonna apply to nyu/u chicago as well

cal>SD>Davis>LA
Aug 22, 2010 @ 03:39
repping Santa Barbara! yee!

if you want to come and have a good time in college and still get a decent education, come here.

Inactive User

Aug 22, 2010 @ 03:50
repping Santa Barbara! yee!

if you want to come and have a good time in college and still get a decent education, come here.

Ayyyy and you're from the bay?! That's wassup homieeeeesmokeyface
Aug 22, 2010 @ 04:37
Ayyyy and you're from the bay?! That's wassup homieeeeesmokeyface

yeah u would be surprised how many of us are from the bay. alot of bay area filipinos here. even though i am not one lol.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 04:52
wat do u guys wear to on campus job interview? not for a outside company, just student employment on campus.

Inactive User

Aug 22, 2010 @ 07:00

Not to ruin your dreams or anything but MIT/CalTech are THE top two schools physics/any type of engineering based science/math. Unless you're the BEST of the best, I wouldn't plan on going to either of those. But hey, if you got that 4.0+/stupid ass amount of extracurriculars then goooo for it smokeyface

Inactive User

Aug 22, 2010 @ 07:00
yeah u would be surprised how many of us are from the bay. alot of bay area filipinos here. even though i am not one lol.

Word haha. Is it really as crackin' as it seems to be?
Aug 22, 2010 @ 07:30
^^^
I was thinking the same damn thing.
I'm bringing the same shit like always for the first day of school. Backpack,binder w/ paper, pencil, pen. Then just wait to see if there's anything specific teachers want me to bring/buy.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 07:40
I hope so. My sister told me teachers give you a week or something to get your books. I don't trust what people say online (ratemyprofessor&allthat) cause they can either not be updated or the professor teaches multiple subjects so you might end up buying a book for a different subject.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 07:47
The teacher's going to tell us what textbooks to get in the first (if not very first) few days, right? My sister casually asked me a few days ago if I had my textbooks and I said "what the fuck."

buy them online, dont get ripped off by college bookstore..
Aug 22, 2010 @ 08:41
6 days...wtf
Aug 22, 2010 @ 09:22
orientation on tuesday, kinda pumped. I'm already here though, kickin it with my carolina ✖✖✖✖✖s who've moved in.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 11:46
One piece of advice for freshmen in dorms.

Girls love the guys who hook up with all the girls in the dorm (the cute ones). Don't tie yourself down
Aug 22, 2010 @ 12:05
^ Truth.

Don't EVER buy from college bookstores. They make bank off any and every book.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 13:25
where are you living

third north
Aug 22, 2010 @ 18:39
Just looked up my teachers on ratemyprofessor for this semester. Everything should be easy except english. smokeyface
Aug 22, 2010 @ 21:33
1st day of sophomore year is coming up. not prepared at all, i havent got my books, i dont have any art supply either. feels good man.

idc, idgaf slacker lyfestyle might not make it.

p.s. to all the freshmen, i suggest you leave whatever bad HS habits behind, like absences and stuff like that, or else your college life might be short lived.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 21:35
i don't buy books till like a week into classes and then they don't come for like another 3 weeks. dgaf.
Aug 22, 2010 @ 21:39
5 days til move in!!!!
Some random ish givin' me HB Matt as a roomate LAWLZ.
HB reppin' @ LMU.
la meetup anyone?
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0