College Discussion Thread.

Jul 17, 2010 @ 17:47
i dont have the $$ for it
Jul 17, 2010 @ 17:54
just go to community college for two years and transfer...

did you even try applying for financial aid through fafsa or the css profile?
Jul 17, 2010 @ 17:55
Would rather just keep working. yes but didnt help me. You have to be very poor
Jul 17, 2010 @ 17:57
lol, no you don't have to be very poor...
Jul 17, 2010 @ 17:59
people in the top 10% still applying cause they're greedy bastards. like that one dude that has parents that make like $450k+ a year and asked lol. literally everyone applys- the top 1% and the bottom 1%.
Jul 17, 2010 @ 18:00
my parents make about 60000 and i didnt get anything.
Jul 17, 2010 @ 18:01
^^ Yep, everyone wants free money.
Jul 17, 2010 @ 18:01
sure everyone applies, but to say that only very poor people get aid is moronic.
Jul 17, 2010 @ 18:08
^ thats what happens where i live. SO its not moronic..
Jul 26, 2010 @ 16:43
ok listen people: my college gave me a bill for $7000 and it said i have to pay it before aug. 15.
but i fill out for a loan, for that but the loan wasnt approve yet and when its approve the loan goes start to the school.

so wat should i do? hmmmm
Jul 26, 2010 @ 16:51
not sure in the states, but in canada ^ that happens a lot, and all u have to do is apply for tuition deferal, so it would extend the tuition deadline way after u receive ur loan.
Jul 26, 2010 @ 17:02
yea^ i know bout that, but it said if i do that i have to send them half of the $7000, on the same date.
so if i do the deferal, and i pay the half do i get that money back?
Jul 26, 2010 @ 17:04
Would rather just keep working. yes but didnt help me. You have to be very poor

You should look into community college.

According to this Yahoo article, here is a list of the most profitable jobs you can get with a 2 year Associates degree.

Yahoo link

I got my Associates in Business Administration and I worked as an Administrative Assistant at a local doctor's office. I got paid $11.50 an hour and I used it to help pay for college at a large, 4 year university.
Jul 26, 2010 @ 17:08
i should've gotten my associates, smart idea collector

Melo Gang All Day

Jul 26, 2010 @ 17:10
College gives everyone a head start, but it's not necessary to be successful - just it will be harder w/o it.

This is true.

Many people assume that a degree by itself will guarantee them a job and success after graduation. Unless it is a degree in engineering, computer science, biochemistry, or a similar highly technical field, then a degree by itself might guarantee you a job once you graduate. But on the whole, it requires a lot of applications, networking, and underpaid (or no pay at all) internships.
Jul 26, 2010 @ 20:04
This is true.

Many people assume that a degree by itself will guarantee them a job and success after graduation. Unless it is a degree in engineering, computer science, biochemistry, or a similar highly technical field, then a degree by itself might guarantee you a job once you graduate. But on the whole, it requires a lot of applications, networking, and underpaid (or no pay at all) internships.

Actually, the college one attends can also be a huge beneficiary. If someone majors in finance at wharton, they are GOING to be rich as fuck for sure. as opposed to a major in finance at some shitty state school, where they will be stuck at a 50k / year job
Jul 26, 2010 @ 20:07
Lol, how about you guys ATTEND college to be successful instead of trying to argue with each other? naw'msayin?
Jul 26, 2010 @ 20:23
Didn't read on earlier in the thread but can anyone tell me how their experience was at Cal State Northridge? and how the chicks are blushingand who's starting this fall
Jul 27, 2010 @ 00:44
Fordham University, starting there this fall. Doing the Pre-Med Curriculum. I'm pumped should be cool. Rose Hill Campus in the bronx.

Anyone on HB go there?
Jul 27, 2010 @ 01:14
yea^ i know bout that, but it said if i do that i have to send them half of the $7000, on the same date.
so if i do the deferal, and i pay the half do i get that money back?

answer thy question.
Jul 27, 2010 @ 07:05
Fordham University, starting there this fall. Doing the Pre-Med Curriculum. I'm pumped should be cool. Rose Hill Campus in the bronx.

Anyone on HB go there?

I know a bunch of people dropped out of the Pre-Med curriculum in less than 2 months.

Shit went from about 200 kids to just 40 now.

Good luck, though.
Jul 27, 2010 @ 09:13

Anyone on HB go there?

Thats one of my top schools that I will be applying to, but Im only going into junior year of hs. I'll hit u up with some questions later smokeyface
Jul 27, 2010 @ 11:21
Originally posted by Inactive User
CSULB '14. anyone on here from LB?

yo where you at? hahaha

49er Pride!

IG: @armandosaysno

Jul 27, 2010 @ 14:04
You should look into community college.

According to this Yahoo article, here is a list of the most profitable jobs you can get with a 2 year Associates degree.

Yahoo link

I got my Associates in Business Administration and I worked as an Administrative Assistant at a local doctor's office. I got paid $11.50 an hour and I used it to help pay for college at a large, 4 year university.

thats dope, but im not interested in going to school to do something i'm not into. I dont want to go to college just to make 100k a year doing something i dont want to do
Jul 27, 2010 @ 14:50
I plan on going to school next year when i'm done in the military, pretty nervous about it since i haven't done anything school related in the past 3 years.
Jul 29, 2010 @ 15:38

Anyone on HB go there?

I know a bunch of people dropped out of the Pre-Med curriculum in less than 2 months.

Shit went from about 200 kids to just 40 now.

Good luck, though.
Jul 29, 2010 @ 23:32
going to Duke, like many of you already know. Orientation poppin off the 24th. Classes start the 30th.
Jul 29, 2010 @ 23:41
280$ to pay for a semester of classes at SMC.
what a great program honestly.

stay bumming paying off your loans boys, we are all getting the same education!

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

Jul 29, 2010 @ 23:44
going to Duke, like many of you already know. Orientation poppin off the 24th. Classes start the 30th.

Visited the campus, real nice. Applying there and to Chapel Hill.
Jul 30, 2010 @ 04:04
Originally posted by Inactive User
1.5 years without math = me forgetting a lot of shit

smh

try umm.... 5 years. I FAILED the CPT Math portion. Aced the reading/English portion.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0