College Discussion Thread.

Jul 13, 2010 @ 12:26
i just failed my first ever college test

my stats class, i thought i got a b on it turns out i failed, fuck. luckily we can replace our lowest grade with whatever grade we get on the final.

i really need to up my studying or some shit then

This happens a lot. If the whole class failed you might be okay. My calculus class had an 18% curve due everyone failing.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:35
going to loyola marymount, and i got 3 other room mates.. so theres 4 of us in a room.. sketch

Applying there from Out-of-state this coming fall. I am expecting a rejection letter but might as well try. And even if I was accepted, it would probably cost too much. So shiiiiet.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:24
haha yeah. private schools are the worst, my tuition this years gonna add up to around 53k
Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:48
O.o shit that sucks....!
Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:51
Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:53
haha yeah. private schools are the worst, my tuition this years gonna add up to around 53k

blinkyeyesblinkyeyesblinkyeyesblinkyeyesblinkyeyesblinkyeyes

http://wu-tun.com

Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:56

Private schools are good. either your family's filthy rich, or you didn't take time to apply for financial aid
Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:57
same

I'm applying this fall. are you a student there or are you in my situation?
Jul 13, 2010 @ 16:30
cali schools im applying to (for now): UC davis, UC irvine, UC san diego, UC santa cruz, USC. i'm expecting rejection letters from most if not all. anyone go to those schools?
Jul 13, 2010 @ 17:32
cali schools im applying to (for now): UC davis, UC irvine, UC san diego, UC santa cruz, USC. i'm expecting rejection letters from most if not all. anyone go to those schools?

aiming low
Jul 13, 2010 @ 17:36
yeah i know cumshot, i'm out of state. no point aiming for stanford/ucla/any other top school when im competing against 4.5 weighted GPAs in-state.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 18:27
going to loyola marymount, and i got 3 other room mates.. so theres 4 of us in a room.. sketch

4 Catholic boys in a confined space is very sketchy. And 53k tuition? Damn. I hope you're prepared for that debt lifestyle.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 18:36
stanford is a private, it does not follow the university of california weighted GPA. but on the other hand, stanford is fucking hard to get into period
Jul 13, 2010 @ 18:40
yeah i know cumshot, i'm out of state. no point aiming for stanford/ucla/any other top school when im competing against 4.5 weighted GPAs in-state.

No point paying high ass out-of-state tuition for a 2nd rate school when you could get a better education for cheaper in your home state. Plus, you'd have a better chance getting in.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 18:44
true dat. the primary reason why i'd go out of state is because of the experience. im already most likely staying in my home state.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 19:34
Opinions on:

Fairfield U
Fordham
Gettysberg
Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:12
Is it easy to change majors once you enter schools? I realized picking one out of a hat that has the potential to net me a lot of money in the end wasn't such a good idea. I really hate what I picked and I definitely dont want to pursue it anymore.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:20
Yes it's easy switching up majors.

I graduated high school back in 2003, and it sucks seeing people that went on to four year schools, got their diploma, and haven't done shit with it!

Insta: @jthrillah

Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:23
Is it easy to change majors once you enter schools? I realized picking one out of a hat that has the potential to net me a lot of money in the end wasn't such a good idea. I really hate what I picked and I definitely dont want to pursue it anymore.

Really depends on your school, what major you are trying to switch from and into, and your progress. It could end up being relatively painless if a good amount of classes overlap but if not it can delay your graduation. Also different schools and majors within a college can have different requirements that you may have to meet before being able to transfer, there is usually some kind of undecided/exploration program to help you with this.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:26
It also depends on being accepted into a specific program. Some schools have a waiting list, to get into their programs.

Insta: @jthrillah

Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:53
Haven't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned them but I would be reppin' either SDSU or UCSB. San Diego State is a badass school with great vibes and UC Santa Barbara is a huge party school in the best location- Santa Barbara. Not to mention that UCSB is the only university in the nation to have its own private beach.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 21:57
Opinions on:

Fairfield U
Fordham
Gettysberg

I go to Fordham. It's the best one of those 3.

Fairfield = downgraded version of Fordham
Jul 13, 2010 @ 22:57
Opinions on:

Fairfield U
Fordham
Gettysberg

yo---i know a lot about all those schools. My hs was actually on fairfield U's campus. All are dope schools, and real expensive. If I had my choice I'd chose fordham. However if i didnt live seconds away from Fairfield I think I'd wanna go there real bad-- some BLAZIN rich girls too.

also at fairfield you can cop a beach house to live in, all the dope parties are there.
Jul 13, 2010 @ 23:46
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) smokeyface smokeyface entering my second year full scholarship business management/industrial engineering dual major!
Jul 14, 2010 @ 00:06
Gonna be a freshman at Colgate University. YEEEEE NiKKA
Jul 14, 2010 @ 03:00
Haven't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned them but I would be reppin' either SDSU or UCSB. San Diego State is a badass school with great vibes and UC Santa Barbara is a huge party school in the best location- Santa Barbara. Not to mention that UCSB is the only university in the nation to have its own private beach.

i would definitely go to UCSB..

dope school in a cool area. UCSD is too big in my opinion (what like 37,000 people?)
Jul 14, 2010 @ 09:39
yo---i know a lot about all those schools. My hs was actually on fairfield U's campus. All are dope schools, and real expensive. If I had my choice I'd chose fordham. However if i didnt live seconds away from Fairfield I think I'd wanna go there real bad-- some BLAZIN rich girls too.

also at fairfield you can cop a beach house to live in, all the dope parties are there.

dizzle its me youngfresh, my school is too >smh
Jul 14, 2010 @ 09:45
nyu '14 brochacho0o0o0o0os
Jul 14, 2010 @ 09:50
CSULB '14. anyone on here from LB?
Jul 14, 2010 @ 09:51
nyu '14 brochacho0o0o0o0os

NIICE. Gpa in hs?
Please login first to reply.