June 10, 2013 @ 07:24 PM
overtheradar

Anyone have experience with graduate business programs? I'm looking to apply within the next year or two and would appreciate some tips or suggestions. I graduated a few months back but have a less than stellar undergraduate GPA (2.5), but hope to accommodate it with 3-5 years of relevant work experience by the time I apply.

I assume I'm going to need to do really well on the GMAT/GRE as well as have a solid resume / statement... Hoping to get into USC or the University of Oregon.

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

June 10, 2013 @ 07:25 PM
G8tor

does anyone go to AU?

off top

June 10, 2013 @ 07:34 PM
WhoIsCaesar

I'm not in college yet. But I lived a few minuted from Colorado University. Always drunk bitches walking around almost naked, dudes in torn shirts, people wrapped in toilet paper but in a big wheel and sent rolling down the street. 

Shit was serious. 

I hashtagged the hashtag and trademarked the trademark

June 11, 2013 @ 01:51 AM
powerball

Anyone have experience with graduate business programs? I'm looking to apply within the next year or two and would appreciate some tips or suggestions. I graduated a few months back but have a less than stellar undergraduate GPA (2.5), but hope to accommodate it with 3-5 years of relevant work experience by the time I apply.

I assume I'm going to need to do really well on the GMAT/GRE as well as have a solid resume / statement... Hoping to get into USC or the University of Oregon.
gonna be very, very tough to get into SC with that gpa. i don't think they accept anyone below a 3.3 unless you have ridiculous experiences, recommendations, and gmat score. not sure about oregon but regardless i hope you kill the gmat.
June 11, 2013 @ 07:46 AM
D. Rose

what do you guys think about UCSB
I've only heard good things.  I'm attending SB this coming fall, holla at ya boy.

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

June 11, 2013 @ 09:05 AM
jamestapoz

private colleges like usc will mos def weigh your gmat score over your gpa, work exp, and references. looks like you gotta kill that gmat
June 11, 2013 @ 06:13 PM
smartmonkey

I'm not in college yet. 
proof of a kid.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

June 11, 2013 @ 06:18 PM
WhoIsCaesar

I'm not in college yet. 
proof of a kid.
Have you read this entire thread? There must be a lot of kids on HB.

I hashtagged the hashtag and trademarked the trademark

June 11, 2013 @ 06:20 PM
smartmonkey

Anyone know anything bout CUNY City College? It looks cool and it's not bad price compared to other NY schools. But I hear admissions can be tough. And I hope theres kids who skate there. That would suck to be in NYC and have no one to skate with.
You're going to college to learn, but nonetheless you're find students from various backgrounds/hobbies. You  definitely won't get the college experience feel that's for sure. However, by attending a CUNY city college, you'll take advantage of cheap tuition. The Cuny system is divided in schools with different majors/programs. Choose the one that best fit your field of study. Admission isn't too tough. Like any college, you must be engaged and motivated to learn. 

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

June 11, 2013 @ 06:40 PM
overtheradar

Thanks for the insight powerball and jamestapoz.

Rebels vs. Renegades ---- www.rebelsvsrenegades.com ---- Turning Dreams Into Reality. One Broken Window at a Time.

June 12, 2013 @ 10:20 PM
wowwwya

My in-state tuition is already fully paid for via Florida Prepaid. I need to get like 79 more comm. service hours to get the Bright Futures scholarship. You can use that money ( $4,000? ) for whatever you want, right? So I could put that money towards studying a semester or two abroad?
July 6, 2013 @ 10:37 PM
ILL.WILL

Chances of getting into USC?
-3.93 GPA 
-In top 10% of my class
-Eagle Scout
-100+ Hours of Community Service
-Varsity Track and Football (2 letters each)
-Robotics team
-2000 SAT II (760 in math)
I would like to study Mechanical Engineering. I'm not rich so I would need some money. Anyone have an experience with USC's financial aid program?  
July 6, 2013 @ 11:08 PM
theh00d

Coming up might be my last year at uni or may not be ...going to lucky to be graduating in 4 years at a csu
Debating on whether or not I should delay my graduation for one year to go study aboard after im with everything meaning this year's courses, get a double major, or get a minor.

Probably not going to grad school...

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

July 7, 2013 @ 07:24 AM
powerball

-3.93 GPA 
-In top 10% of my class
-Eagle Scout
-Robotics team
I would like to study Mechanical Engineering. I'm not rich so I would need some money. Anyone have an experience with USC's financial aid program?  
what's your unweighted gpa? are you involved in any other clubs at your school? have you only taken one Sat 2 test? also, have you taken the ACTs?

FA is very, very generous. if your parents combined make less than 60-70k you'll be getting some damn good aid from them.
July 7, 2013 @ 06:58 PM
malik58

suspended

What's LSU like? A nigga might be going there cuz of dat tops program in Louisiana. 2.5 GPA we in dis cool nah but srs doe, anyone on here go there?

snapchat ;) malikk58 send me dirty pics :hah: :seanshrug:

July 8, 2013 @ 06:13 AM
ILL.WILL

-3.93 GPA 
-In top 10% of my class
-Eagle Scout
-Robotics team
what's your unweighted gpa? are you involved in any other clubs at your school? have you only taken one Sat 2 test? also, have you taken the ACTs?

FA is very, very generous. if your parents combined make less than 60-70k you'll be getting some damn good aid from them.
Unweighted 3.88 
I'm not in any other clubs other than video game club lol. I only took the SAT once, and the ACT I got a 26 but I'm planning to retake it for a higher score because I just got a prep book. My senior year course load is pretty rigorous with 4 APs and computer science 5-6 Honors. 
July 8, 2013 @ 01:17 PM
FLVMINCO

All these accolades, but if you're not accented the first time around you could take the junior college route and just transfer in. I found that way to be easier.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

July 8, 2013 @ 01:33 PM
kwhitley

If any of you are upcoming college freshmen and want to know about a few things people usually forget to tell you check out this blog: http://www.ohyoureafreshman.blogspot.com/ it's pretty funny 

(especially if you're going to UMD in the fall) 
July 8, 2013 @ 04:14 PM
powerball

-3.93 GPA 
-In top 10% of my class
-Eagle Scout
-Robotics team

Unweighted 3.88 
I'm not in any other clubs other than video game club lol. I only took the SAT once, and the ACT I got a 26 but I'm planning to retake it for a higher score because I just got a prep book. My senior year course load is pretty rigorous with 4 APs and computer science 5-6 Honors. 
if you get below a 30 on the ACT don't list your ACT score at all. Just list the SAT score instead. also how many AP tests have you taken your freshmen-junior year and what score did you get on them? your unweighted gpa is great so you have a good shot but the low weighted gpa suggests you had a fairly easy courseload which could hurt you a bit. also since you said you wanted to apply as an engineer you absolutely must get a 4/5 on AP Calc AB at the very least. My friends who are in the engineering program here all had 4/5s on AP Calc AB and BC, for the most part. if you have any other questions about admissions or anything else let me know
July 8, 2013 @ 04:16 PM
powerball

Has anyone here graduated from usc, lmu or nyu? How was your all around experience and did you get a job after finishing? I am interested in majoring in film, specifically screen writing or at least anything in the film or tv business
gonna be straight with you and tell you that the film program at sc and nyu are damn near impossible to get into. they only accept like 100 students every year i think. at SC, the film school is absolutely ridiculous. they just renovated everything with the 300 mil donation they received from george lucas and the connections here after you graduate are mindblowing, especially if you want to go into production. if you manage to get in to the program, chances are 100% likely you find a job afterwards.
July 8, 2013 @ 04:37 PM
shnoosetheboose

-3.93 GPA 
-In top 10% of my class
-Eagle Scout
-Robotics team

Unweighted 3.88 
if you get below a 30 on the ACT don't list your ACT score at all. Just list the SAT score instead. also how many AP tests have you taken your freshmen-junior year and what score did you get on them? your unweighted gpa is great so you have a good shot but the low weighted gpa suggests you had a fairly easy courseload which could hurt you a bit. also since you said you wanted to apply as an engineer you absolutely must get a 4/5 on AP Calc AB at the very least. My friends who are in the engineering program here all had 4/5s on AP Calc AB and BC, for the most part. if you have any other questions about admissions or anything else let me know
I agree with the ACT part, definitely try doing better because a 26 is fairly average and USC's engineering program is Top 10 in the country. Hopefully you do well in your senior AP courses because powerball is right, your course load probably wasn't very hard in high school besides this year. The AP test doesn't matter a lot though tbh, it'll never hurt to have good scores on them, I know a girl in Viterbi that got a 2 on Calc AB senior year and still got into USC last fall with a similar unweighted GPA 
July 8, 2013 @ 04:39 PM
meFLOW

moving to tally in less than a month to go to fsu

any hb dewders up there?

2013 summer fit battle champion buying 7.5 visvim kiefers eFLOW

July 10, 2013 @ 05:04 PM
W33ZY

Anyone here in the phys therapy or phys therapy assistant field? Been looking into it.. Don't know if i should continue to get a bachelors and go for DPT or do apply for a pta program and work as that for a few years and see how that goes and maybe work towards DPT on the side. Any help or info is appreciated!
July 10, 2013 @ 10:02 PM
DOUBLECUP

UBC English Literature & Medieval History major here.

प्रधानसेनापति :{ ─╤╦︻ 父

July 11, 2013 @ 01:35 AM
Flynt Flossy

how does community service help you in the college admission process exactly? and how many do you guys have and how many would you guys recommend to have?
i'm trying to do some community service to make up for my mediocre grades
July 14, 2013 @ 07:41 AM
kcruzin

Anyone here in the phys therapy or phys therapy assistant field? Been looking into it.. Don't know if i should continue to get a bachelors and go for DPT or do apply for a pta program and work as that for a few years and see how that goes and maybe work towards DPT on the side. Any help or info is appreciated!
I use to want to be a PT, but I recently changed my mind and want to become a chiropractor now. The PT field is so impacted now, it's ridiculous. Getting a job isn't a problem, but getting into PT school is the real hard part. In California, the average school has about 60 spots available and about 500 applicants. In your case, I would say to just get your bachelors and then from there see what you can get into. If you can get into PT school, then go for it, but if not, then try becoming a PTA and see where that takes you. 
July 14, 2013 @ 07:47 AM
kcruzin

Anybody here hear anything about Cal State Fullerton? Or anyone a kinesiology major/getting into the chiropractic field?
July 18, 2013 @ 05:23 PM
Bubbs619

So I'm a CC student thinking about transferring to USC for Fall 2014. Currently my GPA is a 3.42 but should go up due to these two upcoming semesters. Since transfers apply in the spring, my question is if those classes taken in spring will still count towards my GPA and towards my GE? All i need left really is a language class so I wanted to knock that out before I may potentially start
July 18, 2013 @ 05:49 PM
powerball

So I'm a CC student thinking about transferring to USC for Fall 2014. Currently my GPA is a 3.42 but should go up due to these two upcoming semesters. Since transfers apply in the spring, my question is if those classes taken in spring will still count towards my GPA and towards my GE? All i need left really is a language class so I wanted to knock that out before I may potentially start
you transferring after one or two years? if you're transferring after one year your spring gpa matters, if you're doing it after 2 years your spring gpa doesn't really matter but you need to send it in anyway. gpa is a bit low right now tbh and i don't think you would get in unless you wrote a miraculous essay. if you want any shot i'd raise it to a 3.6 if possible because i've yet to see any cc to sc transfers with less than a 3.5. Also what are you trying to major in? let me know if u need any help with the process.
July 18, 2013 @ 07:13 PM
Bubbs619

Its actually going to be my third year coming up. I've been taking 12 units each semester because I didnt know originally that at least 60 units are necessary to transfer for a CSU which is what was my first plan. I never really considered USC until recently when I realized my gpa is really close to the mean. I have 40 units so far that count towards transfer. I know you can transfer with a max of 64 units which is what i'll have after this year. I know I can get my gpa up to at least a 3.6 no problem, and I got the plug for a letter of rec from a professor of my major which is journalism. 

Please login first to reply.