Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 10, 2013 @ 05:05 AM
JayLovesPinays

Looking at UCSD and UCI for grad since I know I won't be getting into LA after failing 2 classes in the Fall. 

Fuck life. 
April 13, 2013 @ 08:11 PM
bootynuggets

does anyone here to go berklee in boston? i'd love to go there for music production & engineering, and i've heard that they care more about the audition/interview than your academics (but i'd assume that if you have anything below a 2.0~2.5 unweighted, they probably wouldn't accept you). if you're auditioning for guitar (just as an example), is the audition hard? also, if you go there, what was your GPA when you applied?

I produce with a friend for fun. https://soundcloud.com/kopm

April 16, 2013 @ 10:18 PM
bootynuggets

bbuummppeerryy

I produce with a friend for fun. https://soundcloud.com/kopm

April 26, 2013 @ 09:46 PM
losolu

anyone updated with transfer acceptance to their schools? UCLA and UCB coming out today..
April 26, 2013 @ 10:06 PM
feelings

does anyone here to go berklee in boston? i'd love to go there for music production & engineering, and i've heard that they care more about the audition/interview than your academics (but i'd assume that if you have anything below a 2.0~2.5 unweighted, they probably wouldn't accept you). if you're auditioning for guitar (just as an example), is the audition hard? also, if you go there, what was your GPA when you applied?
post some of your work and I'll let you know if you're getting in
April 28, 2013 @ 04:28 AM
yourplaceormine

anyone here goes to Indiana bloomington? 
I'm an Intl student direct admit to Kelley.
April 28, 2013 @ 05:47 AM
losolu

damn b, got rejected to UCLA and UCI. UCLA was a reach, but UCI was my for sure in, since I tagged it. I guess they didn't want any more asians because of that damn fuck lambda suit n tie video sad
GPA ~3.49
TAG completed
IGETC completed
Pre-Reqs done by the end of this semester
April 28, 2013 @ 05:58 PM
powerball

damn b, got rejected to UCLA and UCI. UCLA was a reach, but UCI was my for sure in, since I tagged it. I guess they didn't want any more asians because of that damn fuck lambda suit n tie video 
GPA ~3.49
TAG completed
IGETC completed
what'd you choose for your major? also did you apply after one or two years?
April 28, 2013 @ 06:28 PM
_____

Officially committed to UC Berkeley a week ago. College of Letters and Science studying Computer Science and Chemistry. Got the regent's scholarship too. My stats:
-In State Applicant
-3.97 unweighted GPA, 4.46 weighted
-2180 SAT, 800 Math SAT II, 800 Chemistry SAT II, 780 US History SAT II
-5 on AP Euro, AP US History, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, AP Calculus AB. 4 on AP Language Composition. 
-Extra Curricular's include stupid shit like Key Club President, City Council Activities Chairperson, Internship at UCI, Internship at a Math Olympiad training institute.
-Varsity Athletics since freshman year of High school

Absolutely stoked to be going to Cal next year. It was between Cal, Duke, and Boston University. Also got into UCLA, UCI, USC, and Swarthmore. Got rejected at UPenn and Yale, waitlisted at Columbia.
April 28, 2013 @ 06:36 PM
mali32

Officially committed to UC Berkeley a week ago. College of Letters and Science studying Computer Science and Chemistry. Got the regent's scholarship too. My stats:
-In State Applicant
-5 on AP Euro, AP US History, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, AP Calculus AB. 4 on AP Language Composition. 
-Extra Curricular's include stupid shit like Key Club President, City Council Activities Chairperson, Internship at UCI, Internship at a Math Olympiad training institute.

Absolutely stoked to be going to Cal next year. It was between Cal, Duke, and Boston University. Also got into UCLA, UCI, USC, and Swarthmore. Got rejected at UPenn and Yale, waitlisted at Columbia.
I'm sweating woo. congrats
April 28, 2013 @ 08:34 PM
tmwtg

-In State Applicant

Congrats, homie. I was already drinking when I committed to my college 4 years ago.

Enjoy your summer.
April 28, 2013 @ 08:38 PM
zzzboy

there is absolutely no way you are doing a double major in two ridiculously hard, non-overlapping majors at cal.  you better decide which one you want to do!
April 28, 2013 @ 11:11 PM
losolu

damn b, got rejected to UCLA and UCI. UCLA was a reach, but UCI was my for sure in, since I tagged it. I guess they didn't want any more asians because of that damn fuck lambda suit n tie video 
GPA ~3.49
TAG completed
IGETC completed
what'd you choose for your major? also did you apply after one or two years?
History, which I'm assuming is weak competitively and they still didn't take me. And it was two years. Going to that local state school, cannot stand another year at a cc
May 1, 2013 @ 03:30 AM
_____

there is absolutely no way you are doing a double major in two ridiculously hard, non-overlapping majors at cal.  you better decide which one you want to do!
Well I took AP Computer Science A my sophomore year and AP Chemistry and AP Physics my Junior year and did very well in all three classes. Of all the science classes I've taken, Chemistry stuck out to me (with the exception of Physics). There are a ton of parallels between computer science and chemistry. The internship I did at UCI was in the theoretical chemistry department, which essentially is the "in between" of physics and chem. I wrote computer program simulations and created algorithms to match and explain known phenomena. I'll prolly end up swaying towards the computer science side though. Wanna do something more towards engineering post graduation and end up working for google or apple or something doing hardware or software design. 

appreciate the thumbs and nice comments tho. glad to see hb isn't all just clusterfucks spamming the downvote button.
May 1, 2013 @ 07:01 AM
theh00d

^ Congrats 

as for me I'm stuck here in a shitty ass state uni
one more year before graduation
not sure if I'm even going to get a job shit sucks 

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

May 1, 2013 @ 10:01 AM
shonenbatman

Well I took AP Computer Science A my sophomore year and AP Chemistry and AP Physics my Junior year and did very well in all three classes. Of all the science classes I've taken, Chemistry stuck out to me (with the exception of Physics). There are a ton of parallels between computer science and chemistry. The internship I did at UCI was in the theoretical chemistry department, which essentially is the "in between" of physics and chem. I wrote computer program simulations and created algorithms to match and explain known phenomena. I'll prolly end up swaying towards the computer science side though. Wanna do something more towards engineering post graduation and end up working for google or apple or something doing hardware or software design. 

appreciate the thumbs and nice comments tho. glad to see hb isn't all just clusterfucks spamming the downvote button.
could i ask for some help on a c++ program? real shit 
May 3, 2013 @ 03:10 AM
soulamazing.

Any San Diego State heads? Aztecs, we in dis. cool
May 3, 2013 @ 05:44 PM
AreteBrand

-In State Applicant

You tryna code for me? shit cool

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

May 3, 2013 @ 05:52 PM
christopher.

Yo anyone on HB attending University of the Pacific? I'm attending in the fall as a freshman
May 3, 2013 @ 08:36 PM
majdob

@kh You goin in fall?
ya, wbu?
This is my first year there its been pretty dope so far
what dorm do you recommend?
Either east lothian or AI, AI is more of the "social dorm"  East lo is pretty chill though 
May 4, 2013 @ 02:40 PM
justinslayer

How hard is it getting into ASU?
May 4, 2013 @ 04:24 PM
chilifritos

ASU as in Arizona State University??

ASU has a 89% acceptance rate. People just go there to party, lol.

With over 70,000 students in the desert, ASU is one of the easiest schools to get into unless you're trying to get into one of their prestige schools like WP carey.

The president is trying to get the population up to 100,000.
May 5, 2013 @ 10:23 PM
OR NAH

anyone live on their own in the boston area? 

where the azn girls at

May 6, 2013 @ 01:29 AM
shnoosetheboose

if you can't get into ASU I'd suggest giving up on your education and getting a job at McDonalds lol
May 6, 2013 @ 02:54 AM
REVS

Transferring to Temple or PSU in the fall, any heads on here go to either one?

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

May 6, 2013 @ 03:09 AM
jafeel

Accepted into:
USC
Georgetown
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Oregon Honors

Rejected by
Duke

In case anyone is wondering about my grades and stuff:
Full IB (All HL classes)
3.97 unweighted
2230 SAT
26 ACT lolzzzzz
Many extracurriculars

All my schools offered me merit scholarships, and only Duke rejected me. I honestly still don't understand. I also hate to say it fellas but USC just mainly looked at test scores. Some kids I know with shittier credentials, GPA and no sob story got in because his fire test scores put the team on his back.

Taking my talents to Oregon Honors full ride.
May 6, 2013 @ 03:24 AM
chilifritos

if you can't get into ASU I'd suggest giving up on your education and getting a job at McDonalds lol
This tbh.

It even made the easiest colleges to get into list.

http://www.chacha.com/gallery/5655/what-are-some-of-the-easiest-colleges-to-get-into

The only requirement you need is to be alive.
May 6, 2013 @ 03:25 AM
chilifritos

Accepted into:
USC
Georgetown
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Oregon Honors

Rejected by
Duke

Full IB (All HL classes)
3.97 unweighted
2230 SAT
26 ACT lolzzzzz
Many extracurriculars

All my schools offered me merit scholarships, and only Duke rejected me. I honestly still don't understand. I also hate to say it fellas but USC just mainly looked at test scores. Some kids I know with shittier credentials, GPA and no sob story got in because his fire test scores put the team on his back.

Damn, nice.
I see we got a lot of smart people up in hurr.

EDIT: Just realized your screen name, Kuang.... it all makes sense now.
May 7, 2013 @ 01:21 AM
powerball

Accepted into:
USC
Georgetown
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Oregon Honors

Rejected by
Duke

Full IB (All HL classes)
3.97 unweighted
2230 SAT
26 ACT lolzzzzz
Many extracurriculars

can you explain more about the oregon honors school? never heard of it
May 7, 2013 @ 02:41 AM
jafeel

Its part of University of Oregon aka University of Nike, best football school in the nation. Its considered a lot more selective in admissions but in reality its not that impressive just smaller classes and a more liberal arts curriculum. Oh and the best and newest dorms built in 2012 with that Nike money

Please login first to reply.