Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 29, 2012 @ 04:01 AM
Assblaster Slamcock

trying to go to USC, UCLA, UCI, and UCSD.
how are my chances looking?

3.8 unweighted, 4.1 weighted, top 4% in a california high school.
SAT is 1620 (beyond fucking horrible jesus christ)
took AP Euro, AP English (Language), APUSH, AP Bio, AP Micro/Macro, and AP psych.
210 community service hours, 15 hours of work each week,
secretary of california scholarship federation, involved in 4 other clubs, member of adv. dance team for 2 years.

What were your AP scores?
did you take the ACT?
If you can retake the SAT, its bringing you down a lot

USC, UCLA and UCSD are high for you
UCI could be somewhat manageable, but maybe

oh and im saying this as a person who was accepted to usc, ucsd and uci
but waitlisted to ucla -_-

didn't take the ACT, AP Euro was a 3, APUSH was a 4, APLang was a 2, which was ironic cause the whole year i was writing 7s and 8s on my essays. currently taking APBio, APMicro/Macro, and AP Psych

retaking the SAT for the last time in nov, 1620 was my second score. 1550 was my first.
what were your stats?
November 13, 2012 @ 04:13 AM
kh

anybody go to sjsu as a comp sci major? how is it? job prospects in silicon valley? social scene/girls overall? campus/ safety?
November 13, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
estoybien

If you're interested in study abroad in europe, check out my site. I studied abroad in prague and did a lot of traveling.

https://files.nyu.edu/jh2844/public/index.html
November 13, 2012 @ 11:50 PM
slap

I got UCLA. Ask me anything (message preferred), otherwise @ me.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

November 14, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
peter1234930

Does class rank count for anything?
I'm ranked 19 (top 4%) right now with a cumulative GPA of 3.8 and a weighted 4.0 for last year's last semester. My weighted classes last year were Physics Honors, PreCalc Honors, AP English, and AP US History.
I'm taking 4 AP classes this year: AP Lit, AP Calculus, AP Gov, and AP Psych.
SAT score is 1860, but I'm about to take it again in November.

First choice is UCLA, and I know I may be a long shot but it is still my first choice. UCI is my second choice and I'm completely happy with going to Irvine if I get in.

What are my chances looking like right now?

Edit: Rank 19 (top 4%) and cumulative might be more like a 3.7 or 3.8.
Does class rank count for anything?
I'm ranked 19 (top 4%) right now with a cumulative GPA of 3.8 and a weighted 4.0 for last year's last semester. My weighted classes last year were Physics Honors, PreCalc Honors, AP English, and AP US History.
I'm taking 4 AP classes this year: AP Lit, AP Calculus, AP Gov, and AP Psych.
SAT score is 1860, but I'm about to take it again in November.

First choice is UCLA, and I know I may be a long shot but it is still my first choice. UCI is my second choice and I'm completely happy with going to Irvine if I get in.

What are my chances looking like right now?

Edit: Rank 19 (top 4%) and cumulative might be more like a 3.7 or 3.8.

Class rank is pretty pointless because of he huge differences in high schools. at my school there are kids without 4.0's who got perfect scores on their SAT's, but there also kids who went to shitty high schools and got 4.0's with questionable SAT/ACT scores. Schools don't seem to give a shit
November 14, 2012 @ 01:01 AM
WCDon

@slap

GPA + SAT score?

THIS CANDYLAND NIGGA

November 14, 2012 @ 04:01 AM
slap

@wcdon

About 3.8 unweighted, 4.3 weighted (took 8 AP, each 4/5).
SAT was ~2150, and 33 ACT.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

November 14, 2012 @ 04:04 AM
Berserker

trying to go to USC, UCLA, UCI, and UCSD.
how are my chances looking?

3.8 unweighted, 4.1 weighted, top 4% in a california high school.
SAT is 1620 (beyond fucking horrible jesus christ)
took AP Euro, AP English (Language), APUSH, AP Bio, AP Micro/Macro, and AP psych.
210 community service hours, 15 hours of work each week,
secretary of california scholarship federation, involved in 4 other clubs, member of adv. dance team for 2 years.

What were your AP scores?
did you take the ACT?
If you can retake the SAT, its bringing you down a lot

USC, UCLA and UCSD are high for you
UCI could be somewhat manageable, but maybe

oh and im saying this as a person who was accepted to usc, ucsd and uci
but waitlisted to ucla -_-

didn't take the ACT, AP Euro was a 3, APUSH was a 4, APLang was a 2, which was ironic cause the whole year i was writing 7s and 8s on my essays. currently taking APBio, APMicro/Macro, and AP Psych

retaking the SAT for the last time in nov, 1620 was my second score. 1550 was my first.
what were your stats?

@Assblaster Slamcock
this is probably super late but you need to get a higher score in the SAT
my school didnt offer many APs but I took as many as I could, so
5- AP Physics, AP Calc, AP English Lit, AP US Gov, AP US History, AP Spanish
As for the ACT, I did not take it since I was pretty lazy
For the SAT I got a 2010 which is decent but probably the reason I did not get into UCLA

Out here Rick Rossin' it

November 14, 2012 @ 09:36 PM
mmajuice12

All over Michigan deep in the woods there is a college party
November 21, 2012 @ 06:58 AM
kh

someone chance me for uci, ucr, sdsu, csulb, and csuf. i have a 3.53 gpa with mostly honors classes, and i got a 1620/2400, and a 1090/1600 sat. i fucked up in highschool and didnt put in much effort.
November 21, 2012 @ 07:04 AM
powerball

yes to csulb and csuf and maybe ucr and sdsu if you're really lucky. def not uci though
November 22, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
mojosodope

Always wanted to study in another continent. And I would prefer America
And I always have been wondering, how much does a good college cost a year?
Since I'm dutch I can't find any straight to the point amounts.

Thanks

I disgust myself but I am not unhappy about that.

November 22, 2012 @ 08:40 PM
powerball

a decent college with tuition + room and board will cost you around 20-30k. a really good one will cost anywhere from 30k-50k
November 22, 2012 @ 08:50 PM
mojosodope

Ok thanks!
Here in Holland its like 3-5k a year. The diffrence is just insane. Almost nobody could afford that here.

November 22, 2012 @ 08:58 PM
powerball

which is why the foreign exchange kids that come to America are all typically big ballers whose parents send them to america just to show how rich they are.
November 22, 2012 @ 09:34 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

which is why the foreign exchange kids that come to America are all typically big ballers whose parents send them to america just to show how rich they are.

thats bullcrap
most european colleges still charge the same fees even when their students are on exchange in the US

VISVIM FBT LHAMO, VIRGIL KUDU, NIKE SUPREME SB BLAZER BLACK N RED, 1999 BRED 4's http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

November 22, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
zzzboy

^ no it's true every single foreigner i know is rich as fuck. you have to be rich to go to a school in the USA...tuition is $40,000 at UCLA rofl.
November 22, 2012 @ 09:46 PM
mojosodope

shit is unfair.

but fuck that, atleast I can have an education

November 22, 2012 @ 09:54 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

^ no it's true every single foreigner i know is rich as fuck. you have to be rich to go to a school in the USA...tuition is $40,000 at UCLA rofl.

I said that the exchange organized by european colleges are way cheaper because you pay european tuitions b. bet the only foreigners you know are the ones that just go to american colleges full time

VISVIM FBT LHAMO, VIRGIL KUDU, NIKE SUPREME SB BLAZER BLACK N RED, 1999 BRED 4's http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

November 22, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
mojosodope

I said that the exchange organized by european colleges are way cheaper because you pay european tuitions b. bet the only foreigners you know are the ones that just go to american colleges full time

correct, prolly gonna look for a college in Europe who offers an exchange project or something like that.

November 22, 2012 @ 10:20 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

correct, prolly gonna look for a college in Europe who offers an exchange project or something like that.

the netherlands dont have no colleges though, you'd have to apply to a university

November 22, 2012 @ 10:28 PM
mojosodope

@millz college may not be the right word, an education I guess. And which country in Europe HAS colleges?

thanks

November 22, 2012 @ 10:32 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

@millz college may not be the right word, an education I guess. And which country in Europe HAS colleges?

thanks

really dont know, there might be a few but they will be nothing like american colleges though

November 22, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
BEENDOINGIT

Scotland has colleges but they are basically a grade down from university. People often use them as stepping stones to get into university.

University is free for Scottish people and can reach up to £10,000 for foreigners.
November 22, 2012 @ 10:47 PM
wanky

suspended

I have an oral presentation next week and I really don't wanna do the shit. All the people in my group dropped the course and I'm the last man standing. I already have severe anxiety when it comes to speaking in front of groups, I'm gonna embarrass myself

"This is clearly the plan of an idiot, but a plan nonetheless."

November 22, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
zzzboy

^ just realize that no one really fucking cares what you say. do you give a shit about other people's presentations? no...

relax
November 22, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
wanky

suspended

I hear you but my voice shakes, I freeze up etc. It's all bad dude...It would make you uncomfortable to watch

November 22, 2012 @ 11:32 PM
Panther.

I hear you but my voice shakes, I freeze up etc. It's all bad dude...It would make you uncomfortable to watch

It's normal. In my AP Art History class, my presentations are fucking immaculate. I speak well, and I speak as if I'm talking to one person. In AP Lang though...that is a different story. Trust me bro, what to do is to not let your heart rate get up. If you feel yourself start to shake, rather than embracing it, just stop the shaking.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

November 22, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
wanky

suspended

I feel you, but it's not always that easy. People always tell me to just relax and breath deep, but I can't control my nerves. What's weird is that I used to breeze through presentations back in high school, so I don't know why I'm struggling with it so much now. I'ma try to take a few benzos a couple of hours before the actually presentation to see if that helps.

November 23, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
GaterWun

^ I have the same problem man, but just remember that when your nervous...it just shows that you care.
Be yourself, don't worry about what other people think, because in reality something I noticed about college is that no one really cares.
Knock em dead B, you'll do just fine.

#HansumBoys

Please login first to reply.