Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
September 21, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
Jollibee.

its so hard to find parties CCs i need tips from you older people that went to a CC
September 21, 2012 @ 01:24 AM
powerball

What do you guys think of NYU? how hard is it to get in?
pros and cons compared to uc irvine and riverside?

how the hell did you manage to put uci and ucr in the same sentence as nyu?? They are completely different schools academically since NYU is about 3x harder to get into than uci and 5x harder than ucr. parties wise, i heard nyu is pretty wack since their campus is so spread out. it's also super expensive and they give out super shitty financial aid so unless your parents are ballin it's not a good option. uci is slowly improving its reputation academically, but it's a pretty boring school in general. if you love asian females and dancing, this is the school for you. if you love diversity and partying hard, not so much. ucr is decent academically and partying wise i hear its alright from other hb members on here that go there. the school itself is in a shitty area where its hot as fuck every day pretty much.
September 21, 2012 @ 01:54 AM
BKBROWN

how the hell did you manage to put uci and ucr in the same sentence as nyu?? They are completely different schools academically since NYU is about 3x harder to get into than uci and 5x harder than ucr. parties wise, i heard nyu is pretty wack since their campus is so spread out. it's also super expensive and they give out super shitty financial aid so unless your parents are ballin it's not a good option. uci is slowly improving its reputation academically, but it's a pretty boring school in general. if you love asian females and dancing, this is the school for you. if you love diversity and partying hard, not so much. ucr is decent academically and partying wise i hear its alright from other hb members on here that go there. the school itself is in a shitty area where its hot as fuck every day pretty much.
well shit. i read several threads like this saying nyu had under 4.0 gpa

i have about a 3.7-3.8 gpa so far (still senior) and 2030 sat
do you know of any schools i have a chance at (preferably in or near a big city such as LA, chicago)?

besides ucr, sdsu, csulb?

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

September 21, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
SK

NYU isnt THAT hard to get into. I'd say you need at least 3.7 unweighted and 2000+ on SAT. i visited there, and the campus really isnt that spread out, its actually pretty cool, and located in the dopest part of manhattan (Soho/greenwich village). However, it is expensive as fuck, i think around 55k a year...

All I do is smoke weed and play jazz

September 21, 2012 @ 03:03 AM
powerball

do you know of any schools i have a chance at (preferably in or near a big city such as LA, chicago)?

you have a chance at ucsd, boston college and boston university, etc. just depends what you want to study in college. when people say below a 4.0 gpa they mean unweighted gpas. I believe you're referring to your weighted gpa (correct me if i'm wrong), which is entirely different.
September 21, 2012 @ 03:17 AM
D. Rose

Does class rank count for anything?
I'm ranked 19 (top 4%) right now with a cumulative GPA of 3.8 and a weighted 4.0 for last year's last semester. My weighted classes last year were Physics Honors, PreCalc Honors, AP English, and AP US History.
I'm taking 4 AP classes this year: AP Lit, AP Calculus, AP Gov, and AP Psych.
SAT score is 1860, but I'm about to take it again in November.

First choice is UCLA, and I know I may be a long shot but it is still my first choice. UCI is my second choice and I'm completely happy with going to Irvine if I get in.

What are my chances looking like right now?

Edit: Rank 19 (top 4%) and cumulative might be more like a 3.7 or 3.8.

LOWBALL PARADISE: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/159669

September 21, 2012 @ 03:38 AM
shnoosetheboose

I'm kinda confused how you have a 3.9 unweighted with that many honors/AP courses and only have a weighted 4.0? Or did you just start taking those courses?

EDIT: Class rank matters to a certain extent, though the percentage you are in is generally more important.
September 21, 2012 @ 05:41 AM
BKBROWN

NYU isnt THAT hard to get into. I'd say you need at least 3.7 unweighted and 2000+ on SAT. i visited there, and the campus really isnt that spread out, its actually pretty cool, and located in the dopest part of manhattan (Soho/greenwich village). However, it is expensive as fuck, i think around 55k a year...

Damn, my gpa is weighted 3.7-3.8(but improved a lot)
and 55k my parents wont be up for that lol but thanks
i may still apply tho, but it will be my only common app

you have a chance at ucsd, boston college and boston university, etc. just depends what you want to study in college. when people say below a 4.0 gpa they mean unweighted gpas. I believe you're referring to your weighted gpa (correct me if i'm wrong), which is entirely different.
alright thanks man

but ucsd is 4.1 wt avg

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

September 21, 2012 @ 06:13 AM
vanitas

I'm ranked 19 (top 4%) right now with a cumulative GPA of 3.8 and a weighted 4.0 for last year's last semester. My weighted classes last year were Physics Honors, PreCalc Honors, AP English, and AP US History.

First choice is UCLA, and I know I may be a long shot but it is still my first choice. UCI is my second choice and I'm completely happy with going to Irvine if I get in.

Edit: Rank 19 (top 4%) and cumulative might be more like a 3.7 or 3.8.

bring that SAT score above 2100 and you'll have a pretty decent chance at UCLA, and above 1900 for UCI

btw anyone currently studying at UCLA's DMA or USC's Roski school of art? Hmu i gots questions
September 21, 2012 @ 06:36 AM
powerball

are you in california? also, does your school have an ELC program for the top 4% of students? class rank can help out A LOT especially if you're in california and you're in the top 4%. i got into ucsd, uci, ucr, ucd, ucsb, etc before i even applied because i was in the top 4% at my school. also at this rate i'd say you have almost no shot at ucla unless you magically get a 2100-2200 SAT score. uci i think you have a pretty good shot. id give it like 80-85% assuming you keep up your grades this year.

and @bk ucsd has high gpa and shit but if your sat is pretty high you'll have a fair chance.
September 21, 2012 @ 07:33 PM
chilifritos

Is it true that ASU parties the hardest ?
I heard a few years back , that the freshmen dorms was full of stds .

I got accepted there , not sure if i should go or not .
How is Arizona compared to Socal ?
September 21, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
Gutts

September 22, 2012 @ 08:34 AM
Exotic

I got elc last year and iirc it was top 9% of your class unless they recently changed it. had a 4.0 weighted and 1710 on SATs. Got into ucsb, ucsd, uci (off waitlist) and rejected to USC and ucla. Keep in mind it gets more selective every year. I think I got in because my essays were really good even though I wrote them in 2 days. Don't procrastinate on those btw cuz they stressed me the fuck out when I had 2 days left to do em. I applied as an undeclared major to all schools btw.

Anyways, I'm moving into my dorm Sunday morning and I feel weird as fuck. Super pumped to leave but as that time gets closer it gets more depressing. Moving out is a very bittersweet feeling.
September 22, 2012 @ 09:16 AM
powerball

I got elc last year and iirc it was top 9% of your class unless they recently changed it. had a 4.0 weighted and 1710 on SATs. Got into ucsb, ucsd, uci (off waitlist) and rejected to USC and ucla. Keep in mind it gets more selective every year. I think I got in because my essays were really good even though I wrote them in 2 days. Don't procrastinate on those btw cuz they stressed me the fuck out when I had 2 days left to do em. I applied as an undeclared major to all schools btw.

Anyways, I'm moving into my dorm Sunday morning and I feel weird as fuck. Super pumped to leave but as that time gets closer it gets more depressing. Moving out is a very bittersweet feeling.

you're going to uci right? what dorm did you get?
September 22, 2012 @ 03:33 PM
Exotic

Yeah, I got Middle Earth - Balin
September 22, 2012 @ 05:13 PM
powerball

middle earth is good, i had mesa when i dormed and that was a terrible walk to class every day.
September 24, 2012 @ 03:20 AM
BKBROWN

3.75 ish with 2030 sat do i have a chance at uci?

September 24, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
sado

September 24, 2012 @ 04:11 PM
glacier

I'm taking Jazz History. Class tonight, always excited.
September 24, 2012 @ 05:12 PM
Jollibee.

Skipped a class today because i forgot to study and do homework, i sent an email to my teacher doe.
October 5, 2012 @ 05:58 AM
kh

anybody go sfsu or csuf? hows the actual school and is it easy to get classes? the social/party scene/girls?
October 5, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
YK

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me.

I'm filling out the common app to apply, and i was wondering if I list half siblings or step siblings.

I was also wondering if non loan financial aid money is use able to pay rent.

Thanks in advance.

where the azn girls at

October 6, 2012 @ 04:40 AM
pngo12

With a 3.8 GPA and a 2030 SAT for sure you'll get into UCR,SDSU, and CSULB. If you want more of a college life go to UCR and SDSU from those three choices you said. CSULB is a commuter school, but thats not saying they don't have a campus life or anything. If you really wanna party go to UCSB, I had some friends who transferred OUT because there was too much partying. UCLA is pretty dope, my friend goes there and I really like the area. Just apply you never know, I think a 3.8 and a 2030 is pretty good and keeps you competitive.

anybody go sfsu or csuf? hows the actual school and is it easy to get classes? the social/party scene/girls?

I go to CSUF right now. The campus at CSUF isn't bad and if you like white girls you're at the mecca in Orange County. If you stay on track and pass classes then classes shouldn't be too hard to get. Just like any other school classes are impacted. If you decide to come here join the finish in four program. You get priority registration and register before anybody else. The social scene is what you make of it. It's a commuter school so you have to find the parties and such. There's always a bunch of them going on you just have to know who to talk to and what not.
October 6, 2012 @ 02:29 PM
chilifritos

Anyone here in ASU ?
October 13, 2012 @ 03:03 AM
encore818

Could someone help me understand what exactly a renaissance scholarship is?
October 28, 2012 @ 09:34 PM
Assblaster Slamcock

trying to go to USC, UCLA, UCI, and UCSD.
how are my chances looking?

3.8 unweighted, 4.1 weighted, top 4% in a california high school.
SAT is 1620 (beyond fucking horrible jesus christ)
took AP Euro, AP English (Language), APUSH, AP Bio, AP Micro/Macro, and AP psych.
210 community service hours, 15 hours of work each week,
secretary of california scholarship federation, involved in 4 other clubs, member of adv. dance team for 2 years.
October 28, 2012 @ 10:48 PM
Bubbs619

Decided to go to a CC after high school instead straight into a 4-year to save money. Ended up getting a CalGrant and I have 12k for fees and tution when I finally transfer cool
October 28, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
Berserker

took AP Euro, AP English (Language), APUSH, AP Bio, AP Micro/Macro, and AP psych.
secretary of california scholarship federation, involved in 4 other clubs, member of adv. dance team for 2 years.

What were your AP scores?
did you take the ACT?
If you can retake the SAT, its bringing you down a lot

USC, UCLA and UCSD are high for you
UCI could be somewhat manageable, but maybe

oh and im saying this as a person who was accepted to usc, ucsd and uci
but waitlisted to ucla -_-

***Self Made Scammer*** Shout outs to cheyaaa

October 29, 2012 @ 04:01 AM
Assblaster Slamcock

What were your AP scores?
did you take the ACT?
If you can retake the SAT, its bringing you down a lot

USC, UCLA and UCSD are high for you
UCI could be somewhat manageable, but maybe

oh and im saying this as a person who was accepted to usc, ucsd and uci
but waitlisted to ucla -_-

didn't take the ACT, AP Euro was a 3, APUSH was a 4, APLang was a 2, which was ironic cause the whole year i was writing 7s and 8s on my essays. currently taking APBio, APMicro/Macro, and AP Psych

retaking the SAT for the last time in nov, 1620 was my second score. 1550 was my first.
what were your stats?
November 13, 2012 @ 04:13 AM
kh

anybody go to sjsu as a comp sci major? how is it? job prospects in silicon valley? social scene/girls overall? campus/ safety?

Please login first to reply.