College Discussion Thread.

Dec 13, 2012 @ 03:31
Originally posted by Inactive User
just got a 97 on my finance final. feelsguccibro.jpg
no hate, but you must be going to an easy school to get a 97 on finance finals. what school?
i do lol. i go to URI but our business school is AACSB accredited. i mean its only financial management which is pretty basic, but still feelsguccibro.jpg. i think i got the highest grade in the class
Dec 13, 2012 @ 04:02
no hate, but you must be going to an easy school to get a 97 on finance finals. what school?
i do lol. i go to URI but our business school is AACSB accredited. i mean its only financial management which is pretty basic, but still feelsguccibro.jpg. i think i got the highest grade in the class
props to you my dude. you hoping to work in finance after you graduate?
Dec 13, 2012 @ 04:05

damn. i really want to go to fsu but i'm not sure my statistics are high enough.
unweighted is a 2.964. basically a 3.0. i want to take a dual enrollment class this summer (junior in HS now) to raise my gpa. i have a couple of friends who did it.
weighted is strong, 3.75 now but I'm currently in 4 APs, honors french 3 and honors precal (which is why my unweighted is so low, along with getting a C in honors chem last year). if i maintain my current grades i should have a 4.1ish weighted.

im registered for the jan 26 sat. took an SAT tutoring class but it was rubbish. doing guides on my own with my math tutor. got a 1700 on the PSAT, but that doesn't mean anything really

well over 100 hours of community service. i was a coach at my old baseball camp this summer. i'm in interact club right now. 2nd year. next year will be my third, hopefully i will be an officer of the club by next year. i need to join a sport.

the sport i want to join is badminton. lame as a motherfucker, i know. but i cant join anything physical. when i skated, i shattered my elbow back in freshman year and it doesn't fully extend and it is still weak. even after ridiculous amounts of physical therapy after school almost every day (which hurt my grades) it isn't much better. if i break it again, i may never have function of my arm. not risking jack shit, that was a lesson in life which made me sort out priorities. but 2 years of badminton would look pretty good. also, i have a hookup for leo club. this chick i know is an officer now and she will be an even higher position next year, so she can make me a staff member.

hopefully i can fall back on ucf and usf. money isn't an issue in-state.
yea i looked into it  for instate you need like a 3.3  gpa and out of state 3.5+. that school is hella fucking sick, i would love to go to the U but its too expensive for a cali boy

SSVR GRAND SLAM FOR SALE BRAND NEW BLACK

Dec 13, 2012 @ 04:24
damn. i really want to go to fsu but i'm not sure my statistics are high enough.
unweighted is a 2.964. basically a 3.0. i want to take a dual enrollment class this summer (junior in HS now) to raise my gpa. i have a couple of friends who did it.
weighted is strong, 3.75 now but I'm currently in 4 APs, honors french 3 and honors precal (which is why my unweighted is so low, along with getting a C in honors chem last year). if i maintain my current grades i should have a 4.1ish weighted.

im registered for the jan 26 sat. took an SAT tutoring class but it was rubbish. doing guides on my own with my math tutor. got a 1700 on the PSAT, but that doesn't mean anything really

well over 100 hours of community service. i was a coach at my old baseball camp this summer. i'm in interact club right now. 2nd year. next year will be my third, hopefully i will be an officer of the club by next year. i need to join a sport.

the sport i want to join is badminton. lame as a motherfucker, i know. but i cant join anything physical. when i skated, i shattered my elbow back in freshman year and it doesn't fully extend and it is still weak. even after ridiculous amounts of physical therapy after school almost every day (which hurt my grades) it isn't much better. if i break it again, i may never have function of my arm. not risking jack shit, that was a lesson in life which made me sort out priorities. but 2 years of badminton would look pretty good. also, i have a hookup for leo club. this chick i know is an officer now and she will be an even higher position next year, so she can make me a staff member.

hopefully i can fall back on ucf and usf. money isn't an issue in-state.
yea i looked into it  for instate you need like a 3.3  gpa and out of state 3.5+. that school is hella fucking sick, i would love to go to the U but its too expensive for a cali boy

to the U or FSU? the U is UM. But i just talked to my sister, who didnt even apply to uf/fsu because they were so easy. she goes to UToronto (if youre in canada you know how hard this is) and she said i'd be set for uf, fsu, and tulane(<---she crazy, tulane???). i keep telling her she's giving me too much credit but she's being so serious. she wants me to go up to toronto so she can give me the inside scoop on what essay to write. i mean fuck, she even got into UVA so i trust her. the thing that will make me most confident (or not confident) is watching my senior friends get their fsu letters in 7-8 days from now. i'll be able to gain a good amount of insight.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

Dec 13, 2012 @ 04:26
Oh, got a question for you Canadians.

I'm half Canadian and I'm a citizen. Therefore I have options to go to a school in Canada. What are some good colleges besides mcgill and UofT? i keep trying to look on collegeprowler and cappex and shit but they really only have info on US colleges.

Dec 13, 2012 @ 04:35
Anybody here ever transfer from a community college to a 4 year school? If so any advice or tips? Thanks

I transferred in two years no problem.  Know what school you want to transfer to, make sure you take all GE's and pre-major classes, plan ahead for what classes your going to take, and just stay focused. Two years goes by fast.

WTB: Supreme x Thrasher Coach Jacket Medium

Dec 13, 2012 @ 04:54

to the U or FSU? the U is UM. But i just talked to my sister, who didnt even apply to uf/fsu because they were so easy. she goes to UToronto (if youre in canada you know how hard this is) and she said i'd be set for uf, fsu, and tulane(<---she crazy, tulane??. i keep telling her she's giving me too much credit but she's being so serious. she wants me to go up to toronto so she can give me the inside scoop on what essay to write. i mean fuck, she even got into UVA so i trust her. the thing that will make me most confident (or not confident) is watching my senior friends get their fsu letters in 7-8 days from now. i'll be able to gain a good amount of insight.
what its easy to get into FSU??? foreal might have to go there

Dec 13, 2012 @ 04:57
props to you my dude. you hoping to work in finance after you graduate?
not sure homie. i started off as an accounting major, struggled through intermediate 1, 2 and auditing. i switched my major to supply chain management and i'm enjoying it a lot more than accounting. something tells me i should still get a minor in accounting or finance though, for the money haha
Dec 13, 2012 @ 05:31
no offense to anyone who attends or attended FSU, but it's really not too hard to get into these days. tons of kids at my school who partied their ASSES off in HS and probably had 2.5-2.8's get in. 
Dec 14, 2012 @ 05:36
anyone go to sjsu?
Dec 14, 2012 @ 05:57
^^ don't go there bru I live in SJ and it'd wack its a commuter school the dorms are hella ghetto I mean its good if you want to do engineering but overall its really wack

Dec 15, 2012 @ 03:32
Checking in from Texas A&M. I'm sophomore here studying engineering
Dec 15, 2012 @ 03:45
i know mad people from a&m
where you from 
Dec 15, 2012 @ 03:45
where you from 
Dec 15, 2012 @ 03:52
^^ don't go there bru I live in SJ and it'd wack its a commuter school the dorms are hella ghetto I mean its good if you want to do engineering but overall its really wack
I go there lol. I live in SJ (grew up here) but I already regret coming here. The school's better than I expected but shiet, I'm already trying to transfer out. Experience something different.
Dec 15, 2012 @ 04:00
I go there lol. I live in SJ (grew up here) but I already regret coming here. The school's better than I expected but shiet, I'm already trying to transfer out. Experience something different.
same i grew up here in SJ and nobody from here wants to go there lol

Dec 15, 2012 @ 04:04
same i grew up here in SJ and nobody from here wants to go there lol
You going to school right now mayne?
Dec 15, 2012 @ 04:05
double post
Dec 15, 2012 @ 04:05
triple post fuu my bad
Dec 17, 2012 @ 21:26
where you from 
I'm from Richmond a suburb outside of Houston
Dec 21, 2012 @ 03:54
accepted to sdsu today

gonna wait for uc results

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

Dec 29, 2012 @ 19:00
Anyone know if St. John's University (either Queens or Manhattan campus) requires you to take any theology classes? The school looks awesome and I'm really interested, but that would be a major turn-off, if so.
Dec 29, 2012 @ 20:58
Yeah I had to take a theology course last semester, which I think is a requirement for all freshman.
Jan 31, 2013 @ 08:29
Anyone here goes to University of Miami or any other college in Miami ?

Follow if you like homegrown/amateur shots of ass and tits ! http://girlsaroundthenet.tumblr.com/

Mar 01, 2013 @ 03:51
Bump. Is anyone trying to get into Public Relations or Copywriting? Need some advice.
accepted to sdsu today

gonna wait for uc results
Word? You attending SDSU right now? I'm a student here, hahah.
Mar 01, 2013 @ 04:34
anyone here attend santa clara? 
Mar 01, 2013 @ 04:40
anyone here go to ucr? whats the best dorming room/ best fraternity to pledge to?
Mar 01, 2013 @ 04:47
Anyone here goes to University of Miami or any other college in Miami ?

im from miami, and i live 15mins away from UM, whatchu wanna know
UM = expensive as fuck, job opportunities are meh after graduating (lower than FSU and UF...obviously except the med program), BORING surrounding area. gables has nothing to do. but if u wanna take a drive and go downtown then . NICE ass campus doe holy sheit. sunset place is a nice mall, but nothing ever changes.
FIU = uhh u can probably do better.
miami dade college = lol

what else is in miami lol

Mar 01, 2013 @ 05:12
Anybody here ever transfer from a community college to a 4 year school? If so any advice or tips? Thanks
Go in, murk all of your classes off top, and transfer to a 4 year before you get too comfortable.
Mar 01, 2013 @ 05:58
Got accepted into University of the Pacific to do pre-pharm then pharm school there, but probably can't do with that private school tuition.
Waiting on that UC San Diego letter and the other UCs i applied to (Santa Cruz, Santa Barbra, Davis)
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0