College Discussion Thread.

Nov 22, 2012 @ 16:06
Always wanted to study in another continent. And I would prefer America
And I always have been wondering, how much does a good college cost a year?
Since I'm dutch I can't find any straight to the point amounts.

Thanks

Changed my name from Mojosodope to J_Got_The_Geass

Nov 22, 2012 @ 20:40
a decent college with tuition + room and board will cost you around 20-30k. a really good one will cost anywhere from 30k-50k
Nov 22, 2012 @ 20:50
Ok thanks!
Here in Holland its like 3-5k a year. The diffrence is just insane. Almost nobody could afford that here.

Nov 22, 2012 @ 20:58
which is why the foreign exchange kids that come to America are all typically big ballers whose parents send them to america just to show how rich they are.
Nov 22, 2012 @ 21:34
which is why the foreign exchange kids that come to America are all typically big ballers whose parents send them to america just to show how rich they are.

thats bullcrap
most european colleges still charge the same fees even when their students are on exchange in the US

KB FAM // IG @shin0bi

Nov 22, 2012 @ 21:45
^ no it's true every single foreigner i know is rich as fuck. you have to be rich to go to a school in the USA...tuition is $40,000 at UCLA rofl.
Nov 22, 2012 @ 21:46
shit is unfair.

but fuck that, atleast I can have an education

Nov 22, 2012 @ 21:54
^ no it's true every single foreigner i know is rich as fuck. you have to be rich to go to a school in the USA...tuition is $40,000 at UCLA rofl.

I said that the exchange organized by european colleges are way cheaper because you pay european tuitions b. bet the only foreigners you know are the ones that just go to american colleges full time

KB FAM // IG @shin0bi

Nov 22, 2012 @ 21:58

I said that the exchange organized by european colleges are way cheaper because you pay european tuitions b. bet the only foreigners you know are the ones that just go to american colleges full time

correct, prolly gonna look for a college in Europe who offers an exchange project or something like that.

Nov 22, 2012 @ 22:20

correct, prolly gonna look for a college in Europe who offers an exchange project or something like that.

the netherlands dont have no colleges though, you'd have to apply to a university

KB FAM // IG @shin0bi

Nov 22, 2012 @ 22:28
@millz college may not be the right word, an education I guess. And which country in Europe HAS colleges?

thanks

Nov 22, 2012 @ 22:32
@millz college may not be the right word, an education I guess. And which country in Europe HAS colleges?

thanks

really dont know, there might be a few but they will be nothing like american colleges though

KB FAM // IG @shin0bi

Nov 22, 2012 @ 22:46
Scotland has colleges but they are basically a grade down from university. People often use them as stepping stones to get into university.

University is free for Scottish people and can reach up to £10,000 for foreigners.
Nov 22, 2012 @ 22:47
I have an oral presentation next week and I really don't wanna do the shit. All the people in my group dropped the course and I'm the last man standing. I already have severe anxiety when it comes to speaking in front of groups, I'm gonna embarrass myself

"This is clearly the plan of an idiot, but a plan nonetheless."

Nov 22, 2012 @ 23:00
^ just realize that no one really fucking cares what you say. do you give a shit about other people's presentations? no...

relax
Nov 22, 2012 @ 23:20
I hear you but my voice shakes, I freeze up etc. It's all bad dude...It would make you uncomfortable to watch

Nov 22, 2012 @ 23:32
I hear you but my voice shakes, I freeze up etc. It's all bad dude...It would make you uncomfortable to watch

It's normal. In my AP Art History class, my presentations are fucking immaculate. I speak well, and I speak as if I'm talking to one person. In AP Lang though...that is a different story. Trust me bro, what to do is to not let your heart rate get up. If you feel yourself start to shake, rather than embracing it, just stop the shaking.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

Nov 22, 2012 @ 23:41
I feel you, but it's not always that easy. People always tell me to just relax and breath deep, but I can't control my nerves. What's weird is that I used to breeze through presentations back in high school, so I don't know why I'm struggling with it so much now. I'ma try to take a few benzos a couple of hours before the actually presentation to see if that helps.

Nov 23, 2012 @ 03:31
^ I have the same problem man, but just remember that when your nervous...it just shows that you care.
Be yourself, don't worry about what other people think, because in reality something I noticed about college is that no one really cares.
Knock em dead B, you'll do just fine.

#HansumBoys

Dec 12, 2012 @ 08:57
Dec 13, 2012 @ 00:17
seriously fuck college.
Just got my genetics final back and noticed my professor erased one of my answers (cost 10 pts). I specifically remember doing the question last so i know i wasn't the one who erased it.
What. the. fuck.

only explanation i can think of is that  since i got a 75% (the avg score was a 60%) it wouldve put me at an 80% and thats too good for a nigger boy like me to be getting in a class like this.

Anyone ever had this happen to them? He's got a dumbass rule too where you cant go argue points with him or you automatically forfeit your extra credit. I feel like i'm being set up to fail.

seriously fuck college don't go. i wish i didn't start now i gotta finish this fucking bullshit
That sucks man. Fuck his rule though. If he actually did erase your answer, that would be a huge violation of your school's code... I would ask him about it and tell him that if he refuses to regrade it you plan to take it to the dean of that college.
Dec 13, 2012 @ 01:24
Originally posted by Inactive User
seriously fuck college.
Just got my genetics final back and noticed my professor erased one of my answers (cost 10 pts). I specifically remember doing the question last so i know i wasn't the one who erased it.
What. the. fuck.

only explanation i can think of is that  since i got a 75% (the avg score was a 60%) it wouldve put me at an 80% and thats too good for a nigger boy like me to be getting in a class like this.

Anyone ever had this happen to them? He's got a dumbass rule too where you cant go argue points with him or you automatically forfeit your extra credit. I feel like i'm being set up to fail.

seriously fuck college don't go. i wish i didn't start now i gotta finish this fucking bullshit
don't be 

sad

o

ig supremecellar

Dec 13, 2012 @ 01:55
Most of you guys are talking about Cali schools. Anyone from Florida attend FSU, UF, UCF or USF here?

Dec 13, 2012 @ 02:18
Most of you guys are talking about Cali schools. Anyone from Florida attend FSU, UF, UCF or USF here? i really want to go to USF but its hella expensive for an out of state

SSVR GRAND SLAM FOR SALE BRAND NEW BLACK

Dec 13, 2012 @ 02:20
Anybody here ever transfer from a community college to a 4 year school? If so any advice or tips? Thanks
Dec 13, 2012 @ 02:50
Originally posted by Inactive User
Most of you guys are talking about Cali schools. Anyone from Florida attend FSU, UF, UCF or USF here?

i really want to go to USF but its hella expensive for an out of state

damn. i really want to go to fsu but i'm not sure my statistics are high enough.
unweighted is a 2.964. basically a 3.0. i want to take a dual enrollment class this summer (junior in HS now) to raise my gpa. i have a couple of friends who did it.
weighted is strong, 3.75 now but I'm currently in 4 APs, honors french 3 and honors precal (which is why my unweighted is so low, along with getting a C in honors chem last year). if i maintain my current grades i should have a 4.1ish weighted.

im registered for the jan 26 sat. took an SAT tutoring class but it was rubbish. doing guides on my own with my math tutor. got a 1700 on the PSAT, but that doesn't mean anything really

well over 100 hours of community service. i was a coach at my old baseball camp this summer. i'm in interact club right now. 2nd year. next year will be my third, hopefully i will be an officer of the club by next year. i need to join a sport.

the sport i want to join is badminton. lame as a motherfucker, i know. but i cant join anything physical. when i skated, i shattered my elbow back in freshman year and it doesn't fully extend and it is still weak. even after ridiculous amounts of physical therapy after school almost every day (which hurt my grades) it isn't much better. if i break it again, i may never have function of my arm. not risking jack shit, that was a lesson in life which made me sort out priorities. but 2 years of badminton would look pretty good. also, i have a hookup for leo club. this chick i know is an officer now and she will be an even higher position next year, so she can make me a staff member.

hopefully i can fall back on ucf and usf. money isn't an issue in-state.

Dec 13, 2012 @ 03:12
just got a 97 on my finance final. feelsguccibro.jpg
Dec 13, 2012 @ 03:22
just got a 97 on my finance final. feelsguccibro.jpg
no hate, but you must be going to an easy school to get a 97 on finance finals. what school?
Dec 13, 2012 @ 03:22
@Panther you'll get in with that, FSU is easy as FUCK if you're in-state. 

Anyone know how hard it is for an American to get accepted to a British university? Looking at schools in London, haven't been able to decide on one since there are so many (I haven't looked a whole lot either, lol). Seems like a good option since (a) I am interested in studying abroad, but for more than one year, (b) colleges are generally less expensive over there (usually between $16k-$44k), and (c) you only have to take 3 years of school.

I'm a junior in HS with an unweighted 3.3 GPA. I think my HPA is 4.33. Haven't taken the SAT/ACT yet. I know the British schools are highly interested in seeing your AP Exam scores.
Dec 13, 2012 @ 03:26
I go to The University of Southern Mississippi.
Decent party scene especially if youre in a frat.
Lots of sexy white and black hoes. Not a lot of other races though.
Prices not bad and normal level of hardness to get in to. 

Hansum + Based = Perfection

Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0