Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 29, 2012 @ 01:20 AM
Homes

Fraternities are more than just about same interests and what not. Everyone who joins a fraternity has to go through a pledging phase and it bonds the new members closer through the stuff that they have to do. It may be just friends now but in the future, it's more about networking and connections. A lot of people that I know who are in fraternities got job/internship offers because an older member of the fraternity works at the company or has pull with whoever does the hiring process. Sure you can make friends and network but with a fraternity that's made much easier for you. I'm not in a fraternity, but I don't really see any disadvantages of being in one. TV/Movies portray frat guys as guys that just drink/party with crap grades but from what I see, the average fraternity member has same or better grades than the peers.

It also doesn't hurt that there are sorority girls that will suck your dick just because you're in a fraternity.

all true..literally. but the thing with fraternities, and the greek system in general, at least the ones at my school (university of washington) is that the people in it seriously act like they are better than everyone else that isn't in it which makes no sense because anyone can get into the greek system just by rushing for a bit. im not really knocking on the gs that much because if i had found the right house i probably would have joined one, and i do have good friends in it. but at the end of the day, a lot of the people in it makes me think of it as HS all over again. just snobby kids acting like hot shit because they are apart of a social circle that you're not... just my 2cents

Yeah, I feel you. I joined a house that doesn't really fit this bill as much but I'd agree with what you said about acting pompous and arrogant about the majroity of frats. I think its partially because UW is so nerdy that it really is an actual huge dichotomy. The kids who joined frats (which to me are like the kids who probably partied in hs) are not compatible with the huge number of international students in the dorms or a lot of even the American kids who are just herbs. I mean I'm sure you saw some of that too, since you opted to get a house with friends.

I think its a completely different atmosphere though, too. The way I saw it was that a lot of the stuff that I've been able to do in a frat I'd never get to do in the dorms just because people are so herby and lack self confidence. Parties that are themed and require you to dress up would fall flat on their faces in the dorms or pretty much anywhere but the gs, because the gs actually participates in stuff. I've been on trips up to canada which included dinner cruises, bar hopping, and staying on the 20th floor of downtown Vancouver hotel for pretty cheap because we had a large group of guys who are actually motivated to go through with plans like that. In my experience, I never could have got enough people together to do that in the dorms. Nobody is willing to commit to something like that, especially with people who aren't their best friends.
August 29, 2012 @ 05:00 AM
jmac100394

15 black youths jumped someone outside my dorm last week
August 29, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
northwest

Fraternities are more than just about same interests and what not. Everyone who joins a fraternity has to go through a pledging phase and it bonds the new members closer through the stuff that they have to do. It may be just friends now but in the future, it's more about networking and connections. A lot of people that I know who are in fraternities got job/internship offers because an older member of the fraternity works at the company or has pull with whoever does the hiring process. Sure you can make friends and network but with a fraternity that's made much easier for you. I'm not in a fraternity, but I don't really see any disadvantages of being in one. TV/Movies portray frat guys as guys that just drink/party with crap grades but from what I see, the average fraternity member has same or better grades than the peers.

It also doesn't hurt that there are sorority girls that will suck your dick just because you're in a fraternity.

all true..literally. but the thing with fraternities, and the greek system in general, at least the ones at my school (university of washington) is that the people in it seriously act like they are better than everyone else that isn't in it which makes no sense because anyone can get into the greek system just by rushing for a bit. im not really knocking on the gs that much because if i had found the right house i probably would have joined one, and i do have good friends in it. but at the end of the day, a lot of the people in it makes me think of it as HS all over again. just snobby kids acting like hot shit because they are apart of a social circle that you're not... just my 2cents

Yeah, I feel you. I joined a house that doesn't really fit this bill as much but I'd agree with what you said about acting pompous and arrogant about the majroity of frats. I think its partially because UW is so nerdy that it really is an actual huge dichotomy. The kids who joined frats (which to me are like the kids who probably partied in hs) are not compatible with the huge number of international students in the dorms or a lot of even the American kids who are just herbs. I mean I'm sure you saw some of that too, since you opted to get a house with friends.

I think its a completely different atmosphere though, too. The way I saw it was that a lot of the stuff that I've been able to do in a frat I'd never get to do in the dorms just because people are so herby and lack self confidence. Parties that are themed and require you to dress up would fall flat on their faces in the dorms or pretty much anywhere but the gs, because the gs actually participates in stuff. I've been on trips up to canada which included dinner cruises, bar hopping, and staying on the 20th floor of downtown Vancouver hotel for pretty cheap because we had a large group of guys who are actually motivated to go through with plans like that. In my experience, I never could have got enough people together to do that in the dorms. Nobody is willing to commit to something like that, especially with people who aren't their best friends.

true, but fun things aren't exclusive to frats imo. but word, i definitely know that all those trips/themed parties never happen out side of the GS. but damn you waited until half way through your soph year? are you planning on living-in junior year and senior year?
August 29, 2012 @ 04:22 PM
jaeyoung

Anyone here goes to Rutgers? Bout to move back in next week

know a lot of people that go there... might transfer there next semester. i go to kean atm.

Word yeah I know where kean is. You should make the move rutgers is pretty dope

Yes 

(10char)
August 29, 2012 @ 04:56 PM
slap

@knight

33 ACT 2.8 GPA

where do you go to school?

Don't know how edjumacation works in Canada, but if you were in US, I'd recommend going to a community college and transfer after 2 years (hopefully). That's a really low GPA, especially for high school (unless you were under some extreme circumstances throughout high school).

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 29, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
Gutts

^^^^^
I got like a 2.6 and I'm going to a university.

explain yourself slap
August 29, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
slap

Where do you go? I never said you couldn't.
Thats just what I recommend.
And 2.6 is a rather low gpa.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 29, 2012 @ 11:46 PM
Jamie Dimon

You can't really take HS grades for what they are. A 4.0 in a shitty school can be equivalent to a 3.0 in a more prestigious high school.

I know for a fact colleges will take students from the HS I went to with a bit lower GPA because the high school is ranked pretty high nationally and past alumni probably did/do well in the colleges. Also the fact that average SAT score is like ~2100 doesn't hurt either.

My garbage can eats better than 99% of the world.

August 30, 2012 @ 03:01 AM
cormilk

what's your major/entry level job you'll try to get with that degree? i'm really wondering what i should do i don't want to waste my time and my parents money since im getting no financial aid

Ig@rickrossowens

August 30, 2012 @ 03:14 AM
joeywankenobi

damn college is wavy as fuck
so many bitches
August 30, 2012 @ 04:14 AM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

@knight

33 ACT 2.8 GPA

Don't know how edjumacation works in Canada, but if you were in US, I'd recommend going to a community college and transfer after 2 years (hopefully). That's a really low GPA, especially for high school (unless you were under some extreme circumstances throughout high school).

My father died, and my mother went through mental breakdowns and shit so i had to take care of her....so yeah extreme circumstances
August 30, 2012 @ 03:58 PM
justinslayer

I heard ASU girls are slutty as fuck , anyone here can confirm this ?

That's not called being racist , it's called stereotyping -Dude from the misc

August 30, 2012 @ 04:48 PM
powerball

there's a ton of slutty chicks at asu. but if you're ugly and got no game, you aren't gonna get any pussy. the greek scene is huge over there.
August 30, 2012 @ 05:07 PM
Ellie

@knight

33 ACT 2.8 GPA

My father died, and my mother went through mental breakdowns and shit so i had to take care of her....so yeah extreme circumstances

it's okay. I got into a decent university with a 2.2 GPA so you don't really *have* to worry
August 30, 2012 @ 05:52 PM
NEBSI

@northwest UW eh? Let's spark one!
Reppin Seattle University C/O 2013 cool
August 30, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
NEBSI

@homes what house you in?
August 30, 2012 @ 07:48 PM
Gutts

Where do you go? I never said you couldn't.
Thats just what I recommend.
And 2.6 is a rather low gpa.

ASU brah
haha. but i live in az so it made it easier.

I heard ASU girls are slutty as fuck , anyone here can confirm this ?

I went to high school with the girl in the corona bikini. haha she doesn't even go to ASU
August 30, 2012 @ 09:59 PM
brandonicedout

i almost went to ASU, but i know a few people who go there, and supposedly they are really slutty.

Feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/172003

August 31, 2012 @ 12:34 AM
Homes

true, but fun things aren't exclusive to frats imo. but word, i definitely know that all those trips/themed parties never happen out side of the GS. but damn you waited until half way through your soph year? are you planning on living-in junior year and senior year?

Yep. I really hated the idea of a frat (having to depend on other people or needing to join one to have friends) but I finally caved halfway through soph year. I'll live in all of juior year, but you have to live in the live-out (a seperate house they rent for the senior class) unless you're on exec (president, vp of programming,etc). @nebzilla I'm in sigeps. you come over to uw campus often?
August 31, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
Jollibee.

White girls be always talking to me like i be some rare find jewel. Like im the minority in my campus.
August 31, 2012 @ 02:47 AM
dylan fisher

@homes when you guys move in? Sucks having to wait til the tenth

Easy mang...

August 31, 2012 @ 06:55 AM
justinslayer

White girls be always talking to me like i be some rare find jewel. Like im the minority in my campus.

lol , what are you ?

August 31, 2012 @ 06:55 AM
justinslayer

Which is a better party school , SDSU or USC ?

August 31, 2012 @ 06:55 PM
stalker46ss

Anyone here goes to Rutgers? Bout to move back in next week

know a lot of people that go there... might transfer there next semester. i go to kean atm.

Word yeah I know where kean is. You should make the move rutgers is pretty dope

Yeah, Rutgers here. New brunswick campus.

what high school u wen to cuz???
August 31, 2012 @ 07:06 PM

Inactive

asu would be sick to go to! number one party school!
September 1, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
kmz

i went to USC and visited SDSU. USC is cracking down on parties hardcore because they want to move up academically. SDSU by far
September 1, 2012 @ 01:30 AM
Homes

@homes when you guys move in? Sucks having to wait til the tenth

I'll be a junior next year and I lived in over the summer so I'm already here. I'll move into my normal room this weekend. that's about the same for our freshmen though, I think they're coming in on the 10th too. It's cool though, you'll still have a couple weeks before school even starts to just party
September 1, 2012 @ 02:07 AM
shnoosetheboose

I go to ASU (although I am a Chemical Engineering major) and the dean of the school has seriously cracked down on partying. Cops are crawling by frat houses at all times, partying in dorms is strictly forbidden, the floor advisors are huge assholes in every dorm. I've already had 3 friends kicked out of the dorms for having a beer in their dorms, only 2 weeks into moving-in, and they are in the so-called "party dorms." There are still really good parties, but I went down to U of A last weekend, the more academically rounded school of Arizona, and there were WAY more and better parties than ASU. But not gonna lie, there are sexy women all over the place hahaha
September 1, 2012 @ 02:22 AM
justinslayer

I go to ASU (although I am a Chemical Engineering major) and the dean of the school has seriously cracked down on partying. Cops are crawling by frat houses at all times, partying in dorms is strictly forbidden, the floor advisors are huge assholes in every dorm. I've already had 3 friends kicked out of the dorms for having a beer in their dorms, only 2 weeks into moving-in, and they are in the so-called "party dorms." There are still really good parties, but I went down to U of A last weekend, the more academically rounded school of Arizona, and there were WAY more and better parties than ASU. But not gonna lie, there are sexy women all over the place hahaha

Yeah , i heard they're trying to shut down a lot of parties at these popular colleges now .

September 1, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
justinslayer

i went to USC and visited SDSU. USC is cracking down on parties hardcore because they want to move up academically. SDSU by far

How slutty are the girls in SDSU ?

Please login first to reply.