Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
September 5, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
IC3

hey guys, as u can see, I am from Australia

I am currently in grade 12. I am planning to study aboard next year as a High School Exchange Student (do Grade 12 again) in the 'west side' region of the USA. Hopefully in LA, as I don't know where they are gonna place me.

Usually there are four installments, $1000 for first month, $2000 for 3rd month etc... But I found out and applied for the PROGRAM to fkin LATE! Now I have to pay the whole $12 635 before I leave which is in Jan 2009. I do NOT have all that money, I've only got 1/3 of it. I've applied for scholarship which would be like MINUS 2k, but I haven't got my results back yet. I don't want my mum to apply for a bank loan as she is a single parent. My family is not so supportive, they are worry about the particular country 'USA" let alone that I am 9999999999999999999999999999x miles away from them. Although I have about 1 or 2 auntie's and uncle's which would help me. I have yet to ask MORE family members for help, but that will happen next week.

So right now I think about every possible way of getting help. Which would lead to this place as everyone here is insanely in love with fashion, clothing and sneakers.
I ask, if possible that everyone who would like to help me please use my Karmaloop rep code. As the points I get can be exchanged for cash in $USD, which would mean I could open a US Bank account and have the money already in $USD, without exchanging $AUS into $USD.

Sorry about teh long post, and THANK YOU for reading.
I'm not a troll or some scammer and this story is real, thank you.

Edit: And please take this with all seriousness. I will answer questions if you are curious as to why I want to go.
September 5, 2008 @ 07:49 PM
A-God

next level nigerian scam
September 5, 2008 @ 07:52 PM
IC3

....... *sigh*
September 5, 2008 @ 08:07 PM
decadence

why not just go to college instead
September 5, 2008 @ 08:08 PM
derpderp

dude needs help and you're making jokes smh. i can't help but i'm having school problems too right now and i just hope you get this shit straightened out. this may not need a bump but whatever.
September 5, 2008 @ 08:22 PM
IC3

'why not college?'

well, I want to take GAP year after I have finished year 12 here.
My second option was, joining the Defence Force.

But ever since I was little, I think I have been exposed to American culture through movies and tv shows. So this is like a dream for me, to experience the 'typical' High School American teenage life. And also the American culture and values in life. It might be 'normal' for you guys, but I find it interesting because it is very different here in Australia.
I want this so bad!!

edit: and thanks to the dudes that believes me
September 5, 2008 @ 08:39 PM
Sev

Scam.

If the kid thinks he's going to make enough money to fund an education through Karmaloop he's too stupid to deserve to be in Grade 12.
September 5, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
southwest55

Chalk the trip up and wait till next year man.It's not really that serious. I thought you were in college and had your name called out by the professor for nonpayment. Calm Down dude and just wait till next year.
September 5, 2008 @ 08:45 PM
deadpooL

you're going to pay 12 grand just to hit up some shitty highschool in LA? smh. waste of time and money. finish up highschool in aus, apply to a colllege in the states, get accepted, then we'll talk.

/lock
September 5, 2008 @ 08:45 PM
IC3

^u should say something positive or just stfu.

So right now I think about every possible way of getting help

"EVERY POSSIBLE WAY", I didn't say I'm gonna pay it all off with karmaloop. Every CENT counts. I've been scabbing bus rides home, what makes you think that I CAN'T atleast try to get help through karmaloop?

edit: talkign to SEV
September 5, 2008 @ 08:49 PM
NefariousNate

"EVERY POSSIBLE WAY", I didn't say I'm gonna pay it all off with karmaloop. Every CENT counts. I've been scabbing bus rides home, what makes you think that I CAN'T atleast try to get help through karmaloop?

I swear your way older I know you from the break dancing forum ROFL.
September 5, 2008 @ 08:49 PM
CallumP

Good luck man, girls in the states love accents so if you do make it over you're gonna get a lot of pussy.
September 5, 2008 @ 08:54 PM
southwest55

"EVERY POSSIBLE WAY", I didn't say I'm gonna pay it all off with karmaloop.

Does that mean your willing to have buttsecks for the rest?
September 5, 2008 @ 08:54 PM
IC3

you're going to pay 12 grand just to hit up some shitty highschool in LA? smh. waste of time and money. finish up highschool in aus, apply to a colllege in the states, get accepted, then we'll talk.

/lock

its also for the dancing.....

I am a popper, wanting to experience the dance scene in US.

-----------------
Actually I should say this CLEARLY.
I've worked it out, its CHEAPER living in the US for one year as an exchange student and I would live with a host family.

If I go to the US through college, I'm gonna be independent. College Fees + personal expenses + food (surviving)

Through student exchange I get looked after by a host family.
And 12 grand for one year STAY in the US is great. If I was too take a 2-3months holiday in the US. I would fork out about 8k, which would definitely be not worth it.

edit:
I swear your way older I know you from the break dancing forum ROFL.

I am 18, it says I'm 18....I cant be older lol
September 5, 2008 @ 09:00 PM
ice grillz

Instead of spending $12k to repeat high school and experience US high school, spend that money to stay in LA for couple of months and experience what it's like to live in LA.

SUPREME/NIKE ON EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/sch/$icegrillz$/m.html?item=161061103194 Trade: "Rosary" tee/hoodie "Bitch Please"(M)

September 5, 2008 @ 10:32 PM
Joe_

dude get like two jobs/ apply for centrelink. using ur karmaloop rep code will get u like $500 absolute max.

shit even have a fundraiser event or something.
September 6, 2008 @ 02:54 AM

Inactive

Instead of that you should enroll in the Center For Australians Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn American Culture and Other Stuff Good Too. Its a local school I run. All you need is a little drive, dedication and a paypal account.

jk, but for real, good luck !
September 6, 2008 @ 03:06 AM
hypism.

lol at this guy wanting to re-do 12th grade.

American high schools aren't special.. trust me.

This dude probably wants to meet real gang members or something. He probably wants to witness a drive-by.
September 6, 2008 @ 03:07 AM

Inactive

are you nuts???

who ever heard of someone wanting to postpone college to do EXTRA time in HS...youre buggin
September 6, 2008 @ 03:08 AM
Molly Wopp

since your 18 try to apply for a 5-7 grand loan at a low interest rate and your payment will be around $300* a month but try to get a job or something

good luck on your plans hope all gets well!
September 6, 2008 @ 09:55 AM
healthytext

This is very odd. What's the name of the program?
September 6, 2008 @ 10:00 PM
IC3

Education First (EF) Australia

www.ef.com/master/hsy/?ctr=AU&usergroup=hsch
September 6, 2008 @ 10:12 PM
bduque821

exactly wut the dude said about the loan...if ur that much willing to get to the states, let ur parents take out the loan, or ur uncle w.e. and u pay it like the responsable man u are

then go to cc in cali and work on ur dance future w.e.
September 6, 2008 @ 11:04 PM
PandaOs

get a job motherfucker

Please login first to reply.