June 22, 2008 @ 07:23 PM

Inactive

Different guide from the last thread (this ones from totse):

Pre-Hit

It's usually a good idea to check out the store before you ever take anything. Go into the store with the intention of doing a recon mission and not actually taking anything. Try not to be too suspicious, but don't try too hard to act casual. As long as you don't take anything on this trip, you'll be fine. If you get a bad feeling about something (always trust your fucking instict!) then leave and go to another store another day. What you're doing is checking out the store, locating cameras and desirable liberation targets. You need to be aware of cameras. Yes, some camera domes are empty and are just there to scare you. Don't ever assume that a camera dome is empty, always assume that every dome has a camera in it and that it's watching you. It's also a good idea to browse around the store, picking out a few cheap items that are scattered around the store and then purchasing them upon your exit, to make you appear to be a regular customer. Mirrors on the walls at corners usually have cameras in them. If you're in a store with a low cieling, in the mall for example, look for the camera cieling tiles. These are shaded cieling tiles (shaded, like sunglasses and camera domes). There are actually cameras in these shaded cieling tiles. Cameras are less of a concern when you're in the mall, because it's unlikely that anyone is actually watching them, but it's still a good idea to assume that someone is watching the camera. Once you have a good idea of the layout of the store and the layout of the merchandise, along with the general locations of a few blindspots then leave. Like I said, it's a good idea to purchase a few inexpensive items on your way out.

Entry

It's a good idea to have a getaway vehicle in the parking lot, with the motor running and the driver ready to get out of there. Have your driver drop you off at the front of the store (if you're in the mall, then just casually walk into the store). Your friend should go park the car in a pre-designated parking spot that isn't too far from the exit and that is easy to get out of. You're going to walk into the store. If you're nervous, you need to relax. One of the reasons the door greeters are there is to greet you. This may seem innocent enough, but there's psychology behind it. When that door greeter greets you, your sense of anonymity is removed. A skilled shoplifter will not be phased by the door greeter, and will in fact greet the door greeter. This is what you need to do. Don't act too happy, but act like you're in a good mood. Make eye contact and respond to the greeter. This will get you off to a good start. Avoiding eye contact and not saying anything is extremely suspicious, especially if you're a teenager. Oh yeah, another thing, don't ever shoplift with more than one other person if you're a teen or young adult. Groups draw attention. A lone wolf isn't nearly as suspicious as three or four teens wandering around the store. You should now be in the store. Your next step is very critical to your sucess. You must act like you know what you want/need, without going to it too fast. Browse for a few minutes, pick up a few cheaper items. It also looks good if you get a shopping cart and put a few small items in it.

The Hit

Casually make your way over to your target. It's generally a good idea to limit yourself to one or two items per hit. The more you take, the greater the risk. You shouldn't have anything in your pocket that could aid you in shoplifting. It's hard to prove that stealing something was a spontaneous decision when you have a boxcutter in your pocket. You also need to have money in your wallet. In an ideal situation, you should have enough cash on you to pay for what you're stealing. With no shoplifting tools and enough money to pay for the item, you'll get in less trouble if you get caught because you can say that it was a spontaneous decision and that you regret it. Even though it's unlikely that you'll get caught, you can never be too safe. Once you have what you want (preferably in a shopping cart), casually make your way over to one of your blindspots. It's crucial that you don't seem like you're in a hurry. The people watching the cameras know where the blindspots are. You need to remember that these people deal with shoplifters every day. They know how you operate. You need to deviate from the actions of the typical shoplifter. This is what makes you a pro. You need to act like a regular shopper. Make your way to the blindspot. If there's no one around, very quickly take your item out of the package and pocket it (or just pocket the whole package). Once you have what you want, hide the package on the shelf (if you took the item out of the package) and take an item off the shelf from the area you're in, so it looks like you went there to get something. Now you need to casually make your way to the front of the store. If you're in Wal-Mart, don't get nervous when someone on the intercom requests a security scan in a department, if you pay attention, they do this every 20 minutes or so to make shoplifters think that they are being watched. If they really needed a security scan, they'd say it over their two way radios instead of over the intercom. Browse through some items near the front of the store, and look to see if there is an unusual gathering of employees at the exit. If you get ANY bad feelings whatsoever, you need to abort. Go back to your blind spot and make sure no one can see you and hide everything you've taken on the shelf. You can now leave safely, even if they detain you they can't do anything to you because you didn't leave with the merchandise. Bad feelings are your friend. I've listened to all of my bad feelings, as should you. If you get a bad feeling, then it's not your day and you need to come back another day. Bad feelings are very serious and are usually warnings of the future.

The Exit

So, everything looks safe and you have what you want. Hopefully you haven't been in the store longer than around 15 minutes. You can leave without purchasing something, but it looks good to buy something small, this is why you've been collecting small items on your way around the store. Buy them and calmly walk towards the exit. Don't go in the bathrooms, even if you really have to go. As you're leaving, say "goodbye, have a nice evening/afternoon" to the door greeter. If the alarm goes off, this is important, so listen up, DON'T FUCKING PANIC AND DON'T FUCKING RUN. If you live in the United States then there is absolutely no law whatsoever that allows them to force you to stop and submit to a search because the alarm went off. You need to just keep on calmly walking. This has happened to me countless times, and it's always the same. You might get scared, but if you keep your calm, ignore the door greeter who's yelling at you to come back, and leave. Once you exit the store, you'll be fine. No, they won't call security. In the off-chance that they do call security, you need to remember that they aren't cops and that you have rights. They can't stop you because the alarm goes off. Just keep walking, if they touch you, then threaten legal action but don't physically threaten them. Get in your vehicle and leave. If they threaten to call the cops, then throw your stuff out the window into the bushes on the side of the road or something. If you get pulled over and searched, you won't have the merchandise on you and you can't get in trouble. If everything goes smoothly and security doesn't give you any trouble, then congratulations my friend.

Busted

If you walk out of the store, and the alarm doesn't go off, but someone approaches you and identifies themselves as loss prevention, then you're fucked. Pretend to cooperate and start to walk back in with them, and then run to your car. If they tackle you, don't fight, they have the right to use reasonable force to detain you if they know that you took something. If you fight them, you could get charged with assault. If they actually saw you take something, then the law is on their side. Give them your full cooperation, and if you have money, like I told you you should have, then start crying and make up some story about how you were going to pay for it but thought it would be fun to steal it. You won't get in too much trouble if you've followed my guide. If you manage to get to your car without them tackling you, you need to ditch your shit because this time they will call the cops.

Closing notes

This is a pretty good guide that I wrote using my personal experiences, but it won't help you if you don't have common sense. Also, use your common sense and don't wear anything suspicious. Wear shorts if you can. If it's cold outside then wear a jacket, but not a hoodie
June 22, 2008 @ 08:01 PM
RAGINGHARDON

get my other post, to add to the thread please.

kleptomaniacs of hypebeast unite.
June 22, 2008 @ 08:14 PM
hash

Whore eh

I've found that talking on a phone while exiting helps. Fuck yeah for manners!!!1111 &)
June 22, 2008 @ 08:18 PM
N1QUE

How about actually getting a job so you dont have to rely on lifting things. I mean, its fun and everything.. but if you get caught.. your fucked and have to end up paying 10x the amount you would've ended up paying for your lifted shit.
June 22, 2008 @ 08:27 PM
Flatland Funk

get my other post, to add to the thread please.

kleptomaniacs of hypebeast unite.
get mine too.

N1QUE24:why buy when you can just come up on that shit

----------------
Now playing: Lil Wayne - Ask Them Hoes
via FoxyTunes
June 22, 2008 @ 08:31 PM
Calborn

How about actually getting a job so you dont have to rely on lifting things. I mean, its fun and everything.. but if you get caught.. your fucked and have to end up paying 10x the amount you would've ended up paying for your lifted shit.

Maybe I should rob a bank for the monies.

Then I would be able to pay for my shiz and not get caught stealing. =)

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

June 22, 2008 @ 08:32 PM
N1QUE

I dunno man, but its just risky.. but I guess it depends on what your trying to steal though.. if its like candy/shirts and what not.. then yeah, by all means.. but if ur talking about electronics..
June 22, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
hustle

The only thing I disagree with is the Loss Prevention part. If a Loss Prevention guy tried to grab me I'd start fighting him. I'm not getting arrested for shoplifting, my friends and family would disown me because of how lame that is. Basically just start swinging at the security guards if they try to pull shit.
June 22, 2008 @ 08:52 PM
RAGINGHARDON

niggga, you can even act like they arne't even there. my homie got caught racking at walmart, this suspicious yuppie suburban white dude was keeping an eye on my friend the whole time and pulled out some suspicious rentacop walkie talkie out of his pocket as he approached my friend. my homie just walked out with that LP dude following him, and just ran to his car in the parking lot and jet the fuck out.
June 22, 2008 @ 08:53 PM
Flatland Funk

^Yea like the dude said in the first shoplifting thread they cant touch you at all. you dont even have to listen to them, just hit it out to your car and haul ass
June 22, 2008 @ 09:21 PM
Pandas

That's a great guide. The only stuff i've really racked were paint cans, but i've never been caught. I think it's easier if you go to a richer, or higher-end store, because they don't expect it as much.
June 22, 2008 @ 09:40 PM
hustle

Walmart security guards killed a guy a little while ago because they held him on boiling hot pavement in Arizona or some shit for like an hour while the cops came. I don't know about most Walmarts but some of them WILL beat you up and shit if you run. You just gotta be ready to swing.. Most Walmarts only tackle you if you take really expensive shit though.
June 22, 2008 @ 09:44 PM
RAGINGHARDON

if they touch you, you can get a lawsuit, and if they scream and question you, you can also sue them for suspecting you of theft. all you have to do is ditch the evidence, which isn't hard as long as you're not a fucking dumbass.
June 22, 2008 @ 11:05 PM
Calborn

Swallowing evidence, does that elude being a dumbass?

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

June 23, 2008 @ 06:08 PM
pnsho

I just got Authentics and 5 skinny ties 2-3 days ago from Outfitters.

Just put the shoes in the jeans (that you'll "try on") and then put jackets on top and whatnot.

Good shit, maybe Half Cabs next time.
June 24, 2008 @ 08:01 PM
pnsho

No, I meant skinny ties, not tees. lulz

I took 5 skinny ties, nigarrrr. I needed them, ahaaahaa.

Today I went to Outfitters and GAP in total, got this:

GAP:
3 dress pants
5 polos for work
3 dress shirts

Outfitters:
Black Authentics
5 tees
Ralph Lauren hoodie
M65
Red belt
June 24, 2008 @ 10:08 PM
Flatland Funk

No, I meant skinny ties, not tees. lulz

I took 5 skinny ties, nigarrrr. I needed them, ahaaahaa.

Today I went to Outfitters and GAP in total, got this:

GAP:
3 dress pants
5 polos for work
3 dress shirts

Outfitters:
Black Authentics
5 tees
Ralph Lauren hoodie
M65
Red belt

Damn thats like over 500 in merchandise. Grace us with the tale of how you did itcool
June 25, 2008 @ 12:22 AM
BobtheFoB

lol. i just got caught by macy's a few weeks ago. i should've jammed when the loss prevention guard came. but anyway court day is tomorrow =\

today's hitlist:
Macy's
Nordstrom
Zumiez
Nordstrom Rack
Pac Sun

today's load:
1 ZooYork Shirt
2 Obey Shirts
2 Crooks Shirts
1 Premium Label Shirt
1 Pair of Rock and Republic Jeans
1 Pair of APC Jeans
1 Pair of True Religions
1 Random Windbreaker from Macys reatail ~250
1 Volcom Hoodie
Versace Shades

Tools:
Lighter
My Hands

Security Tags Removed:

Remember guys, Security Tags dont work if they're sperated .

Part of my Trophy case

:]

investment banking pays the bills

June 25, 2008 @ 12:40 AM
BobtheFoB

and da honda accord makes a great getaway car. >sad

investment banking pays the bills

June 25, 2008 @ 12:53 AM
Zach!?

If I wanted to get a pair of those cheap ass wayfarer knockoffs from urban outfitters how would i go about doing it?
June 25, 2008 @ 07:10 AM
araw at bituin

^ take off the tags and put em in your pocket when theyre not looking?

or just run

http://instagram.com/qyel

June 25, 2008 @ 12:38 PM
Flatland Funk

If I wanted to get a pair of those cheap ass wayfarer knockoffs from urban outfitters how would i go about doing it?
i got some of those in red from UO haha. My boy was in the dressing room so i just went and sat on the couch and put them in my pocket. The lil paper tag wont make the sensor go off but might as well rip it off.
June 25, 2008 @ 01:15 PM
ELPEE301

everything justin. said is correct
i've stolen about 11 ipods from costco
n most recently a couple markers i racked from AC MOORE

and a tip for racking smaller items:
wear two shirts, tuck in the under shirt and tighten your belt so that nothing falls through into your pants or shorts.
and when u want something simply throw in through the neck part of ur shirt
make sure to slide it down the correct shirt!
June 25, 2008 @ 06:20 PM
TheCityOfChi

Remember guys, Security Tags dont work if they're sperated .

not true
June 25, 2008 @ 06:22 PM
pnsho

how the hell do you take that much shit without getting caught?

Experience.

And steez, jk.

Easy.

Grab how many glasses you wanna cop and go grab jeans/pants. Put the glasses in the jean pockets and then throw on some other clothes.

Go to the dressing room, remove those annoying paper tags, and you're set.

Or you can do it an easier way: walk around with the glasses and pretend to look for shirts in a pile, while you're actually ripping off the paper tag. It's pretty easy to snag those accessories.

Damn thats like over 500 in merchandise. Grace us with the tale of how you did itcool

No doubt.

I went to Outfitters first. It was around 6PM, and I go in looking around to see what I could get. I see a Vans size 9 box with Black Authentics. I take the box and walk around with it.

Then I go to the Levi's section and just grabbed a random pair. Then I went to the t-shirt section (Authentics box still in my hand) and just looked for any shirts I liked (5). At this time, nobody's around and I begin working on the Authentics.

First, I take them out of the box, one by one, and put them inside the jean legs through the waist (DON'T put them in through the leg openings). Put them so that you know where they are. I finish this, and then I stack all the t-shirts on top. By this time, I see more people coming and I specifically see this dude just checking shirts around me. I'm starting to suspect he's a LP or whatever they're called.

I wave him off and give him a smirk. Dude is still scanning me like I'm doing something wrong. Then I see the chick who works there that I saw last time, and I can tell she wants it in the butt. I walk around looking for more shit (with the jeans and shirts and Authentics on my arm). I spot this good looking ass Ralph Lauren white hoodie. It was the only one left. I grab it, and start feeling up on it, noticing there isn't any security tag. I knew I was going home with good shit tonight.

Then I walk around some more and notice a M65 on the jacket racks. Somehow, I see the security tag already loose, so I take it off and put the tag in another jacket's pocket. I grab the M65, put it over my shoulder, and go to the belts section. I grab a red belt (I have no reason why), and then go to the fitting room.

NOTE: When you go to the fitting room, make sure you tell the employee how much you have beforehand. Don't let those nigars carry it for you/ count your items for you. I tell the chick I have 4 items, and she just directs me to a empty dressing room all the way at the end of the hall.

The rest is history. I take off all the tags of the t-shirts, Authentics, and made sure there weren't any traces of tags on the other shit. I put all of the shit in my bag, and bounce.

Next, I head to GAP. I scan the area and look for the shit I need. I see 1 employee working in the back in the jeans section, and there's only one cashier. Dude looked like a cross between Steve Harvey and the dad from Family Matters. I knew he wouldn't hold me back even if I got caught.

I see the employee in the back putting out new polos, and since I need some for work, I grab one of each (5). Then I go to the dress pants section, and I notice they have 3 different colors. I grab my size, and stack them on my shoulder. Then right next to the dress pants are the dress shirts, except they're folded in that plastic shit. I look to see if there's any tags, and nope, none.

I head to the dressing room, and just start "trying on" clothes, making sure the employees aren't suspicious. I take off the metal tags on the dress pants, and remove the plastic shit holding the dress shirts. Then I just rip off the tags for the polos, and throw them all in my bag.

Then funny shit happened. I walk out of the dressing room, my bag so damn obviously full, you can't miss it. I see these hypebeast pinoys walk in and scanning me like they were suspicious. Then out of nowhere, these nigars just start giggling at each other and start fucking play fighting in the middle of the damn store. The 2 employees there were like wtffff. These pinoys start screaming and shit, and the employees try telling them to shut the fuck up, but they won't listen. By this time, they call security 'cause these dudes are getting more homo by the second, slapping each other's ass and shit.

I was dying laughing until security guards enter the store. When one of them is about to enter, I walk through the security gates and just jet the fuck out of there, my bag in my hand.

Then I went to a supermarket near my house, and I went looking for the Cheerios/Lucky Charms with the new Batman toys in them, and I couldn't find them. So I went to the back section with the ready-to-eat sushi, and put one small box in my cart. I just starting throwing random shit in the cart to throw away suspicion. Then I start getting hungry, and just open up the sushi box and start eating the eel and california rolls. Good shit, I ditch the cart in the middle of the baby diaper section, and walk out the entrance door.

I go home accomplished. Now I realize Outfitters is selling those red half cabs, but the Outfitters I jacked didn't have them. Now I need to find another store that carries them. I don't know how I'm gonna get those huge shits in the fitting room, but you know me, I'll find a way. cool
June 25, 2008 @ 06:28 PM
Dox

I wish I could steal shit like you do OhSnap. That's fucking awesome.
June 25, 2008 @ 06:48 PM
pnsho

Nylon bag like this:

June 25, 2008 @ 07:10 PM
Flatland Funk

Experience.

And steez, jk.

Easy.

Grab how many glasses you wanna cop and go grab jeans/pants. Put the glasses in the jean pockets and then throw on some other clothes.

Go to the dressing room, remove those annoying paper tags, and you're set.

Or you can do it an easier way: walk around with the glasses and pretend to look for shirts in a pile, while you're actually ripping off the paper tag. It's pretty easy to snag those accessories.

No doubt.

I went to Outfitters first. It was around 6PM, and I go in looking around to see what I could get. I see a Vans size 9 box with Black Authentics. I take the box and walk around with it.

Then I go to the Levi's section and just grabbed a random pair. Then I went to the t-shirt section (Authentics box still in my hand) and just looked for any shirts I liked (5). At this time, nobody's around and I begin working on the Authentics.

First, I take them out of the box, one by one, and put them inside the jean legs through the waist (DON'T put them in through the leg openings). Put them so that you know where they are. I finish this, and then I stack all the t-shirts on top. By this time, I see more people coming and I specifically see this dude just checking shirts around me. I'm starting to suspect he's a LP or whatever they're called.

I wave him off and give him a smirk. Dude is still scanning me like I'm doing something wrong. Then I see the chick who works there that I saw last time, and I can tell she wants it in the butt. I walk around looking for more shit (with the jeans and shirts and Authentics on my arm). I spot this good looking ass Ralph Lauren white hoodie. It was the only one left. I grab it, and start feeling up on it, noticing there isn't any security tag. I knew I was going home with good shit tonight.

Then I walk around some more and notice a M65 on the jacket racks. Somehow, I see the security tag already loose, so I take it off and put the tag in another jacket's pocket. I grab the M65, put it over my shoulder, and go to the belts section. I grab a red belt (I have no reason why), and then go to the fitting room.

NOTE: When you go to the fitting room, make sure you tell the employee how much you have beforehand. Don't let those nigars carry it for you/ count your items for you. I tell the chick I have 4 items, and she just directs me to a empty dressing room all the way at the end of the hall.

The rest is history. I take off all the tags of the t-shirts, Authentics, and made sure there weren't any traces of tags on the other shit. I put all of the shit in my bag, and bounce.

Next, I head to GAP. I scan the area and look for the shit I need. I see 1 employee working in the back in the jeans section, and there's only one cashier. Dude looked like a cross between Steve Harvey and the dad from Family Matters. I knew he wouldn't hold me back even if I got caught.

I see the employee in the back putting out new polos, and since I need some for work, I grab one of each (5). Then I go to the dress pants section, and I notice they have 3 different colors. I grab my size, and stack them on my shoulder. Then right next to the dress pants are the dress shirts, except they're folded in that plastic shit. I look to see if there's any tags, and nope, none.

I head to the dressing room, and just start "trying on" clothes, making sure the employees aren't suspicious. I take off the metal tags on the dress pants, and remove the plastic shit holding the dress shirts. Then I just rip off the tags for the polos, and throw them all in my bag.

Then funny shit happened. I walk out of the dressing room, my bag so damn obviously full, you can't miss it. I see these hypebeast pinoys walk in and scanning me like they were suspicious. Then out of nowhere, these nigars just start giggling at each other and start fucking play fighting in the middle of the damn store. The 2 employees there were like wtffff. These pinoys start screaming and shit, and the employees try telling them to shut the fuck up, but they won't listen. By this time, they call security 'cause these dudes are getting more homo by the second, slapping each other's ass and shit.

I was dying laughing until security guards enter the store. When one of them is about to enter, I walk through the security gates and just jet the fuck out of there, my bag in my hand.

Then I went to a supermarket near my house, and I went looking for the Cheerios/Lucky Charms with the new Batman toys in them, and I couldn't find them. So I went to the back section with the ready-to-eat sushi, and put one small box in my cart. I just starting throwing random shit in the cart to throw away suspicion. Then I start getting hungry, and just open up the sushi box and start eating the eel and california rolls. Good shit, I ditch the cart in the middle of the baby diaper section, and walk out the entrance door.

I go home accomplished. Now I realize Outfitters is selling those red half cabs, but the Outfitters I jacked didn't have them. Now I need to find another store that carries them. I don't know how I'm gonna get those huge shits in the fitting room, but you know me, I'll find a way. cool

Damn you came up decent.

Recently i burned a hole through my shorts with cig ashes like a fool so i needed to come up and get more. so sunday i go to chill with some of my boys that work at the mall[one at the gap and one at the movie theater]. So the one that works at the gap goes to work then me and A[ill call him] burn a lil bit of weed i had left from the weekend then decide to get to work. I couldnt think of anything i wanted at the time so we hit sports authority and i grab 3 cheap lanyards and stuff em in my pocket. my boy grabbed like 10 pairs of socks he wanted and put them into his back pack. We get outta there then go to burlington and while he proceeds to get some tees i get some socks and put them into my pants. After this we go see a movie then decide to go back into the mall since he has another hour or so till he works. We go to nordstrom and the socks fit like shit so i just put them in a bin in that store lol. I spotted some shorts i liked so i told my boy to go try some shit on and see if anyone is counting items. He comes back and says no so i go in with 2 volcom shorts and proceed to put them both on and my shorts i came in on over and we bounce. Saved like 75 bones that day lol.

The UO down here is strict. Im sure i could get some things but in the fitting rooms they take your shit from you count it and hang it up for you in the room.
June 26, 2008 @ 02:50 PM
Flatland Funk

I just came up decent. Hit the gap and came away with:

2 Belts
2 Button ups
1 vneck
1 pocket tee
1 collared shirt

I coulda murked this dope sweater as well but i didnt, i figured its too hot to rock that shit anyway
June 26, 2008 @ 06:46 PM
dopeboi23

lol. i just got caught by macy's a few weeks ago. i should've jammed when the loss prevention guard came. but anyway court day is tomorrow

What did they do to you?

Does anybody know if Zumiez has cameras and how about Nordstrom is it easy to jack?

Please login first to reply.