June 18, 2008 @ 01:41 AM
Kasper

Stop worrying so much bro. Go out to some parties, get fucked up, and get some pussy. Maybe what you need is a girlfriend. Ever thought of that?
June 18, 2008 @ 01:44 AM
zyezye

^^ he does have a girl.. lol
June 18, 2008 @ 01:49 AM
Kasper

Maybe his girl aint fun enough. Find a girl like Natalie Portman's character in Garden State. That could turn everything around. Or, like I said, quit worrying so damn much, and go out and get fucked up with your friends. That should take your mind off things.

You need to just live life like it's a party, and you'll be fine. No need for therapists or meds, cuz no offense, but that shits for pussies. This weekend, go out, smoke, drink, fuck a hot girl, and I guarantee you won't be "depressed" anymore.
June 18, 2008 @ 02:29 AM
Fade 3 Black 3

stay away from alcohol and marijuana. dont stay locked inside your house, get out and go do some activities...watch movies, read a book in the park, find some people you can talk to and have a good time with without being under the influence of substances. if it gets really bad try some meds.
June 18, 2008 @ 02:36 AM
krn_zmb

depression sucks.
I get it on and off. Most of the time its not even like im not sad buuut im just not happy. (No emo)
June 18, 2008 @ 02:41 AM
modernART

cool out man. the lakers still got next year to look forward to.
June 18, 2008 @ 04:03 AM
Shanklin

Man just do what I do, be totally nonchalant. Like people always ask me if im depressed, but that is honestly my natrual emotion about 85 percent of the things in life. My mom even sent me to a psychologist because she thought I was. Theres very little things that make me sad to the point of depression. I used to dream of people dying in my dreams but I would wake up and think positive. I know me and my family are gonna be good for a long time so im not worried. That "akuna matata" mentality I have may be the trigger of how I act. I try not to worry about anything and when I do I act as if I dont really care.

Thats how I got over my parents divorce, the first time it shattered me. The second time I was like 'its whatever' and moved on in life.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

June 18, 2008 @ 04:17 AM
Buttsecks

try being depressed for half a decade... it may actually work for some people
June 18, 2008 @ 04:24 AM
Fade 3 Black 3

try being depressed for half a decade... it may actually work for some people

if you're always down like this might as well make something beautiful out of the mess and become an artist.
June 18, 2008 @ 06:22 AM
enceone

depression sucks.
I get it on and off. Most of the time its not even like im not sad buuut im just not happy. (No emo)

same here.. it sucks, but good friends is the answer, for real..
June 18, 2008 @ 08:51 AM
Kasper

stay away from alcohol and marijuana. dont stay locked inside your house, get out and go do some activities...watch movies, read a book in the park, find some people you can talk to and have a good time with without being under the influence of substances. if it gets really bad try some meds.

Wrong. Like I said earlier, the best thing to do s STOP WORRYING so much, get fucked up at a party, and bang hot girls. Fuck therapists and meds, thats for weak people.
June 18, 2008 @ 08:57 AM
SK1

For your mind: Read a book.
For your body: Exercise for an hour or more.
For your soul: Do something creative, such as painting, which can cause a meditative like experience.

Sometimes our minds go through a depressive state in order to focus on what's important and regenerate, it doesn't necessarily have to be a negative thing.
June 18, 2008 @ 09:05 AM
Hardbodycore

fuck It, Im Getting Dome Tomorrow, That Should Keep Me Happy All Day. &)

Omg Now Ur Getting It.
June 18, 2008 @ 10:42 AM
KillaKate

People that joke about depression, are those who have never had it, or who arent man enough to admit they have delt with it.

Honestly, some people in here have given really great advice, and I applaud their maturity on the subject.

This past 8 months I lost my grandfather, my newborn cousin and my 23 yr old cousin. Ontop of the fact that I am a workaholic, I thought I seriously was going to lose my fucking mind. I was constantly sad and upset I couldnt understand why all these shitty things were all happening at once.

And the worst is when you feel like noone understands what you are going through.

My advice, talk to someone. Whether it be a friend, a parent, a support group or even a doctor. Somtimes all you really need to do is get shit off your chest, so that it isnt bottled up inside you. That could actually be what is making you feel so depressed.

And lay off any alcohol or drugs. They will make shit alot worse.
June 18, 2008 @ 10:45 AM
Hardbodycore

This past 8 months I lost my grandfather, my newborn cousin and my 23 yr old cousin. Ontop of the fact that I am a workaholic, I thought I seriously was going to lose my fucking mind. I was constantly sad and upset I couldnt understand why all these shitty things were all happening at once.

And the worst is when you feel like noone understands what you are going through.

Thats actually really crazy...Much respect to you for not breaking down completely. take kates advice over ours anyday chubbs.
June 18, 2008 @ 10:50 AM
Kasper

This "just say no" mentality is too conservative and sounds like regurgitated propaganda. If somebody is depressed, its because they are dwelling too much on their problems. Pot and drinking can help them forget about their problems, and eventually move past them.

Plus, threadstarter said he'll be getting dome soon, and I guarantee that will lift his depression. No need for wimpy therapy or meds. Its a simple solution. He just needs to start having more fun.
June 18, 2008 @ 11:11 AM
Fade 3 Black 3

nah pot and alcohol are depressants in the short run it may make you forget your problems but when you come down you feel 10X worse.
June 18, 2008 @ 11:29 AM
KillaKate

This "just say no" mentality is too conservative and sounds like regurgitated propaganda. If somebody is depressed, its because they are dwelling too much on their problems. Pot and drinking can help them forget about their problems, and eventually move past them.

Plus, threadstarter said he'll be getting dome soon, and I guarantee that will lift his depression. No need for wimpy therapy or meds. Its a simple solution. He just needs to start having more fun.

Alcohol and drugs are temporary solutions. Depression wont just go away if you ignore it because you are drunk or stoned. Thats not how it works.
June 18, 2008 @ 11:49 AM
YoungAce816

Was origninally diagnosed as having depression but a couple yrs bacc they said I'm bi-polar instead...

during my down swings I just chill out, keep to myself, think about everything thats "going wrong" and come up with ways to improve.

I like to keep to myself because it seems like I get irritated by any little thing so I try to make it easier on myself. I read alot when I'm down too...

edit: I don't take my meds, but I do smoke daily, and drink a couple of times a week. thats more social than due to my problems tho...
June 18, 2008 @ 12:40 PM
Mr Chubbs

Yeah kasper i dont even drink or smoke. My uncle died from lung cancer a few years ago from smoing cigs and weed, which is also why i get depressed. So ever since that happened ive been completely opposed to that shit. and I do have a girlfriend, shes great, and when im with her im pretty much always happy. Unfortunately she has to work alot and other shit. And my best friend lives mad far away from me and we only really chill on weekends. Whatev, it seems that music reallly really cheers me up, just getting into new music and shit takes my mind off EVERYTHING.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

June 18, 2008 @ 12:58 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

People that joke about depression, are those who have never had it, or who arent man enough to admit they have delt with it.

My advice, talk to someone. Whether it be a friend, a parent, a support group or even a doctor. Somtimes all you really need to do is get shit off your chest, so that it isnt bottled up inside you. That could actually be what is making you feel so depressed.

And lay off any alcohol or drugs. They will make shit alot worse.

Pretty much truth. I dont recommend a therapist though, only because I personally find that theyre fake and they dont REALLY give a shit. Because if they werent getting paid for what they do, 99% of em wouldnt even be there. And the only reason why they "dont tell" anybody is because they're legally not allowed to..

Find those support groups, because they have real people, who are going through what you are, and know how you feel, and arnt listening to you because they get a salary.

Honestly, I always try to have this mentality that my friend told me about a while ago. He explained to me that YOU make yourself upset. Such as angry, sad, or in this case depressed. Natural human emotion ? .. Only because you've been taught your whole life that anger, sadness and being upset in any way, is "natural".. It may feel natural. But if you ate shit every single day of your life, you'd feel like that was just a natural part of your day.. right ?

You said you get depressed over relationships and things that go wrong, or maybe perhaps something your girl said?.. Well, dont give her words meaning, dont let her actions phase YOU.. Because they're HER actions.. If there's that many problems that cant be worked out, dont be with them.. Simple. YOU DONT NEED someone to feel validated.. Co-dependency is for the weak.
If you dont give those words or actions meaning, they dont take any sort of effect on you.. Words are the most powerful thing in the whole world only because we decipher them and give them our energy.. Such as a reaction of some sort.

The reason why you get depressed is because you choose to. All your life you have been taught and brainwashed by those around you, who basically teach you that your're SUPPOSED to act a certain way in a situation, and that it's NATURAL to get angry or upset.. Or that THAT PERSON is MAKING you angry which may later lead to your depression.. When all it really comes down to is you make the choice by allowing other people's actions and words to effect your behaviour.

Just be happy. It's as simple as that.. It's easier said that done, but its that simple.. Just BE happy.
June 18, 2008 @ 02:18 PM
Mr Chubbs

^ One of the smartest things ive heard..
But yeah, this actually helps alot guys. Alot of doors are opening for me in life, and its cheering me up. Last week i felt like i couldn't be happy no matter how hard i tried but right now im just being optimistic and looking to the bright side of things, which is really hard for me. I'm trying to get out, try new things, make new friends, spend more time with my family especially my little brother. I just got offered a job at the pizzeria down the street from my house, so that will deffinatly give me something to do, plus money wouldnt hurt AT ALL.
Thanks guys, i love yalllll. (Besides the smartasses. >sad)

www.totallyfoolproof.com

June 18, 2008 @ 02:43 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

^ One of the smartest things ive heard..
But yeah, this actually helps alot guys. Alot of doors are opening for me in life, and its cheering me up. Last week i felt like i couldn't be happy no matter how hard i tried but right now im just being optimistic and looking to the bright side of things, which is really hard for me. I'm trying to get out, try new things, make new friends, spend more time with my family especially my little brother. I just got offered a job at the pizzeria down the street from my house, so that will deffinatly give me something to do, plus money wouldnt hurt AT ALL.
Thanks guys, i love yalllll. (Besides the smartasses. >sad)

Trust me.. A job close to home is great. Because they call you for emergencies, and really depend on you.. And it makes you feel good. It makes you feel important because you are.. (Unless they're dicks who treat you like shit and expect you to drop shit like family to come into work)..

I work at this dog grooming salon across the street from my house.. Literally like, jog across the street and its there. And on top of my love for dogs, its like.. the best job Ive ever had. I actually tell the owner "Hey I dont have school wednesday or thursday so if you need me Im here!".. Most people dont want their jobs to know theyre available.. And well, they used me today, and theyre gonna use me tomorrow to help bathe the doggies!.. And Ive only bathed one other time, and it was so much fun.. So.. It's like. super super fun smile.. and since this girl didnt want to come in today, my boss asked me to come in just to clean up real quick because I apparently leave the place spotless.. So, Im gonna be running over there in about 15 minutes.. smile ahh I love my job.. seriously, just find a job you enjoy, and it actually brings alot of joy to your life. Because 1, you're getting paid to do it, and 2, you never dread going to work.. I know Ive never dreaded going to work.. Sometimes when I choose to walk the dogs, I sit in the park in the grass and play with them and let them chew sticks, and I ALWAYS say to myself.. "Damn, I cannot believe I get PAID to do this.." and I just smile. lol.. Ah love my job. K rambling BYE. lol
June 18, 2008 @ 03:10 PM
Noboru

I'm glad you're feeling better.

A lot of wisdom is budding in a good amount of you folks.

I think we've all been there before... and honestly I think people who often make smart-ass remarks are still there. I mean it just proves that negative people have nothing but negative things to say. Think about it... why do people flame others for almost no obvious reason? It's because they need to feel better about themselves by creating the illusion of "this person is a failure".

People who are generally content with who they are feel no need to attack others.

Anyway, I say you set daily goals to keep up your positivity and motivation for life. For example, make it a goal to pay your bills on time or make someone laugh everyday. By setting realistic goals that you can achieve on a daily basis, you'll start feeling more successful- a huge boost to your self esteem.

Work hard and play hard. When times get tough, keep on keepin' on. If you stay busy and keep your head up, you'll literally have no time to fall into depression. You might be sad one day, or angry the next...but not depressed.

Lastly, you've got to realize that you're YOUNG. You've got so many years ahead of you, and the world isn't going to end whenever you're upset or down. Also, there's at least one person in the world who would do anything to trade lives with you; so be thankful for your health, your family, your opportunities, whatever.

Aight, that's all I have for now.
June 18, 2008 @ 03:23 PM
StIcK up KiD

im sorry for doing this i know this thread is about someone else but it saves starting another thread but i have some questions/problems what is bi-polar is it mood swings? because i get really bad mood swings all the time like hyper, angry, tired, suicidal,happy, chilled and just nothing am i bi-polar?

+do you ever fell that you dont know who you are and you fell like your wearing a mask all the time /cant be yourself but when you try to be you dont know who you are??

sorry for stealing the thread a bit
June 18, 2008 @ 04:10 PM
3LIVE

im sorry for doing this i know this thread is about someone else but it saves starting another thread but i have some questions/problems what is bi-polar is it mood swings? because i get really bad mood swings all the time like hyper, angry, tired, suicidal,happy, chilled and just nothing am i bi-polar?

+do you ever fell that you dont know who you are and you fell like your wearing a mask all the time /cant be yourself but when you try to be you dont know who you are??

Whaaaaaaaa...?
June 18, 2008 @ 04:20 PM
Noboru

Whaaaaaaaa...?

I think he means that he plays 'roles' or 'characters' in his life. At the end of the day, he has no idea what his 'true personality' is.

I think everyone does that. I act professional when I'm dealing with a client at work, I act super goofy and charismatic when I meet an attracive female, I act like a dog when I'm around dogs.

Everyone looks and acts different depending on the situation. In the end, there's no such thing as your 'true persona'... your personality just a collection of information about your experiences and environment.

If I missed your point, let me know!
June 18, 2008 @ 04:23 PM
3LIVE

Co-sign on that. I think everyone changes their personality depending on the situation
June 18, 2008 @ 05:09 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

I've been told Im bipolar because I have sever mood swings.. Im not like violent or anything dangerous so Ive never been advised to seek any sort of help. And I dont want to anyway, Id rather have insane mood swings than to take pills or have some stupid "happy" ritual that I have to do every day. BUt yes bipolar is like.. Im not sure if its an imbalance or something, but I know the symptoms are mood swings.. Like.. crazy mood swings for no reason.. Getting very irritable over nothing.. and other shit.
June 18, 2008 @ 05:17 PM
pnsho

Trust me.. A job close to home is great. Because they call you for emergencies, and really depend on you.. And it makes you feel good. It makes you feel important because you are.. (Unless they're dicks who treat you like shit and expect you to drop shit like family to come into work)..

I work at this dog grooming salon across the street from my house.. Literally like, jog across the street and its there. And on top of my love for dogs, its like.. the best job Ive ever had. I actually tell the owner "Hey I dont have school wednesday or thursday so if you need me Im here!".. Most people dont want their jobs to know theyre available.. And well, they used me today, and theyre gonna use me tomorrow to help bathe the doggies!.. And Ive only bathed one other time, and it was so much fun.. So.. It's like. super super fun smile.. and since this girl didnt want to come in today, my boss asked me to come in just to clean up real quick because I apparently leave the place spotless.. So, Im gonna be running over there in about 15 minutes.. smile ahh I love my job.. seriously, just find a job you enjoy, and it actually brings alot of joy to your life. Because 1, you're getting paid to do it, and 2, you never dread going to work.. I know Ive never dreaded going to work.. Sometimes when I choose to walk the dogs, I sit in the park in the grass and play with them and let them chew sticks, and I ALWAYS say to myself.. "Damn, I cannot believe I get PAID to do this.." and I just smile. lol.. Ah love my job. K rambling BYE. lol

It's so strange for me, in my case. I battled with depression when I was younger, but I overcame it with friends and just going out. Also, I had a difficult, but successful personality change (bad to good, that is).

My summer job (internship) right now is fucking boring as hell. I don't even know what I'm gonna be doing 10, 20 years from now, and I'm just doing this job because I wanted to get the feel of the finance world. It's basically an office job, and I just sit in my cubicle and go to meetings where I don't understand half of the shit they're saying. But I get paid 15 an hour for this, so it's all gully.

Still, I think I'm sacrificing this summer to have this internship on my college resume. As much as I don't like it, I need the money + experience.

Please login first to reply.