Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 17, 2008 @ 07:07 PM
Mr Chubbs

I just found out I have depression. Anyone else on here deal with it; and if so, how do you get it off your mind? Besides drugs, and shit like that..
I'm really frustrated lately, and i seem to be wasting my summer away by not wanting to do anything. Thanks guys.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

June 17, 2008 @ 07:12 PM
Savvy

hey man..quite a few ppl here have dealt w/ it at one point..not so much depression but anxiety/panic for me..depression kinda came along with that.
heres an old thread you might wanna browse through:
hypecrew.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68239&highlight=depression
June 17, 2008 @ 07:12 PM
ifoo

June 17, 2008 @ 07:23 PM
owensA

Never really been particularly depressed like long term or any of that but if you're just feeling lazy or down during the day, go and exercise. It always keeps me entertained and puts me in a good mood even if it's just a relaxed bike ride in the park or around the city, you'll have done something during the day and feel more fulfilled plus a healthy body leads to a happy mind. Go shoot hoops or w/e floats your boat. Get a hobby, go shoot photos, etc, w/e you find fulfilling. If you don't have a job that you like that could be a major factor, get one that you actually enjoy doing and one that you don't dread every morning. Just my advise.
June 17, 2008 @ 07:30 PM
4FIVE

i went thru depression for a long time 1 yr 3 months really.. it became so bad at one point i was on the verge of just ending my life to end it' but i started looking for outlets. i had been in a down point of being called a failure by family and blah. it really helps to find an outlet and to have that one person who can always keep a smile on your face. photography//drawing//graff//skating//working whatever bro find something to make you bring away from all of that
June 17, 2008 @ 07:32 PM
AboveSb

Get ur dick wet sonny
June 17, 2008 @ 07:38 PM
dmwalking

Man, had it bad when I was younger. Had really bad suicidal/homocidal tendencies too. Got put on short term hospitalization too.

I'ma pm you homie.

Edit: I'm prolly gonna be a while cuz I'm a hit you up after work...and I got a couple things to do first. But I'm a hit you up for sure though.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

June 17, 2008 @ 07:44 PM
AboveSb

I was going to say that lol
June 17, 2008 @ 07:45 PM
Mattchu

i get depressed, but ive never been depressed if you know what i mean
June 17, 2008 @ 07:49 PM
dmwalking

you just found out you have it...did you really need a doctor to tell you?

Yeah dude. Sometimes you figure it's just normal and you don't even notice it. Niga, I lost mad weight, got mad pale...just didn't wanna leave the house. It took somebody to say, yo, something aint right.

I ended up being diagnosed with manic depression/bi polar/schitzophrenia. Niga, I was crazy! Lol.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

June 17, 2008 @ 07:51 PM
camthraxFHK

I have been trying to get a summer job since February and my ass is still unemployed. I drink a lot to dull the pain. Do I count as depressed?
June 17, 2008 @ 07:57 PM
Thim Slugga

you sir are a straight melvin.
June 17, 2008 @ 08:05 PM
_revolt

do you think you're being clever or some shit? if you dont have something nice to say just dont say anything, depression isnt a joke.
June 17, 2008 @ 08:06 PM
e

This should help you out...

click
June 17, 2008 @ 08:07 PM
BARaCUDA

I get depressed periodically and the only thing that helps is therapy. I got a great therapist who actually cares about me and just being able to talk to someone completely openly is a great outlet for me. it may work for you.

you have my empathy bro.
June 17, 2008 @ 08:07 PM
fang

i don't think he thinks he was being clever at all. nope.

I see most of you have said find a hobby and etc...But aren't you just running away from the problem instead of facing it head on?

yo this is the problem. people dunno wsup with the mechanix of depression. lack of hobbies = lack of happy. feel me?
June 17, 2008 @ 08:41 PM
SBeezy_

i don't think he thinks he was being clever at all. nope.

yo this is the problem. people dunno wsup with the mechanix of depression. lack of hobbies = lack of happy. feel me?

no matter what we're going to face some problems here and there, but at least having some hobbies will balance out the negative with something positive to look forward too
June 17, 2008 @ 08:52 PM
Mr Chubbs

Dude. grow up.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

June 17, 2008 @ 09:02 PM
Grand Hussla

well im on 2 sets of medication. i think i can do without them but they have made me feel alot better, even though i hate taking pills.

but yeah, just find some things to do that will keep your mind off of it and you should be straight, do fun things man. live your life, thats why i started taking the pills because i knew they would take the shit off my mind and i go on living my life. you most-likely have a chemical inbalance or something. well, that's what I had.
June 17, 2008 @ 09:04 PM
Clothes_addict

i had it for a good while, did drugs to get away and made it worse obviously. eventually went to a shrink and quit tokin for a while and it started to quiet down. honestly i dont ever think it completely goes away some of it has to do with genetics. Go to a therapist and see how it goes, if you have any questions get at me.
June 17, 2008 @ 10:02 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

Ive never actually seen a doctor or anything. But I find I get really upset over absolutely nothing all the time.. And feel really down, for no apparent reason.. Or that one little thing can change my whole mood for the rest of the week. Im an over-thinker though.. So that could just be a result of over thinking.
June 17, 2008 @ 10:58 PM
Mr Chubbs

Yeah i over-analyze everything too. Especially in relationships. I take one thing wayyyy too seriously and i freak out about it for like days.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

June 17, 2008 @ 11:17 PM
Mattchu

im dead serious when i say i agree with helgen, it always makes it better smile
June 17, 2008 @ 11:18 PM
SFCA

Never really been particularly depressed like long term or any of that but if you're just feeling lazy or down during the day, go and exercise. It always keeps me entertained and puts me in a good mood even if it's just a relaxed bike ride in the park or around the city, you'll have done something during the day and feel more fulfilled plus a healthy body leads to a happy mind. Go shoot hoops or w/e floats your boat. Get a hobby, go shoot photos, etc, w/e you find fulfilling. If you don't have a job that you like that could be a major factor, get one that you actually enjoy doing and one that you don't dread every morning. Just my advise.

I've struggled with depression also and I have to say this is some real good advice.

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

June 17, 2008 @ 11:31 PM
Mr Chubbs

Fuck it, im getting dome tomorrow, that should keep me happy all day. &)

www.totallyfoolproof.com

June 17, 2008 @ 11:46 PM
Lew

depression is no joke, one of the darkest times in my life. i hope to never experience that again
June 17, 2008 @ 11:53 PM
Logikal Accord

It may sound simple but try exercise.

It really helps keep the mind and body focused. Shoot for 3x a week at first. I guarantee you'll start feeling a difference after two weeks. Think positive man. We all have issues and we all feel down but it will get better.
June 18, 2008 @ 12:20 AM
zyezye

^ truth i was on the verge of depression(again i think) because i moved to a new city and knew no one and shit, and the polar(literally) weather wasnt helping too, so i decided to work out and i actually felt good (plus i was gaining serious weight so i needed the excersize). because I was outside, doing something that would improve my health, and started enjoying it. and I picked up dancing again. lewlz

my first time when i was younger fucked me up, i was thinking about death and shit and i was in 6th grade or sumin. it was a few months after my gramps death. like i get thoughts of my parents dying, me dying, and anything related to death and i couldnt sleep, i sometime cried cuz it fuckin messed me up so bad. then i started going out more(around grade7), and getting into trouble with my friends and shit and that seemed to cure it.

honestly imo fun and enjoyment for long periods of time with friends is the best remedy for depression.
June 18, 2008 @ 12:23 AM
STI Guy

what kind of depression is this? depression from events that occurred in your life or the brain disorder that you can't control?
June 18, 2008 @ 01:13 AM
DAT CAT

you guys are retarded, tom cruise ftw.

Please login first to reply.