Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 17, 2008 @ 04:12 PM
Noboru

Just out of curiosity-

What are some odd, unconventional thoughts that you guys have? Could be about anything.

For example:

Do you think that the internet fine-tunes your ability to communicate you thoughts, or does it detract form your ability to approach a conversation (in real life) with a complete stranger?

Were the first humans initially environmentally-destructive, or was this a recent change in behavior?

Will you ever see your own brain?

I know this sounds like drug-induced blabber (I don't do drugs), but I'm just curious what pops up in your guys' heads when there's no one around....

Let the possible sharing begin!

(PS, I'm not looking for answers to those questions above! Just picking your brain)
June 17, 2008 @ 04:16 PM
AboveSb

June 17, 2008 @ 04:17 PM
e

June 17, 2008 @ 04:23 PM
indirectdelete

Typical. The one time anyone tries to have an intellectual discussion on Hypebeast things just go down the drain. Anyway, to the thread starter:

As cliche as it might be, I constantly find myself thinking about what happens when one dies. It's scary that it's impossible to think about nothing. Other things that I think about are technological advances that are going to happen in my lifetime, what I'm going to end up doing with myself, etc.

Also, what exactly do you mean by odd and unconventional?
June 17, 2008 @ 04:28 PM
N1QUE

^
June 17, 2008 @ 04:32 PM
AboveSb

Typical. The one time anyone tries to have an intellectual discussion on Hypebeast things just go down the drain. Anyway, to the thread starter:

As cliche as it might be, I constantly find myself thinking about what happens when one dies. It's scary that it's impossible to think about nothing. Other things that I think about are technological advances that are going to happen in my lifetime, what I'm going to end up doing with myself, etc.

Also, what exactly do you mean by odd and unconventional?

June 17, 2008 @ 04:44 PM
Noboru

Hahaha

Indirect-

By odd and unconventional; I mean anything outside of usual, casual conversation (or HB forum topics). Could be thoughts on quantum physics, pastrami sandwiches, the amount of fingernail clippings a human can produce in a lifetime, personal stories of weird dreams. Anything.

What if Death and 'nothing' are two different things? Crazy, huh? You know the feeling and imagery you get from puttung pressure on your closed eyes? Those weird squares and stuff? What if death was an eternity of that?

I actually had a close friend who was shot point blank in the forehead and survived. He was technically dead in the ER for a few minutes. In his exact words, he described it as, "like losing a NES game. Goofy Mario music and this big feeling of GAME OVER"

As far as the 'YOU FAIL' posting (and those to come), I respect that. You're still sharing your immediate thoughts and thought processes, and it's appreciated. smile
June 17, 2008 @ 05:19 PM
cebollo

Were the first humans initially environmentally-destructive, or was this a recent change in behavior?

all living things are environmentally destructive, its just humans have developed to the point where everything else can't keep up.
June 17, 2008 @ 05:32 PM
ends!

How come you can shave your eyebrows off and they grow back to normal, but if you were to just leave them they don't grow in long as fuck?

Only thing i ever want to know
June 17, 2008 @ 06:41 PM
hash

Our eyes will eat the eyebrows and we will be in extreme pain.

Eyebrow is actually derived from eyechow, a German word that can either mean eye food or a whale's vagina.
June 17, 2008 @ 06:46 PM
LogIc

"Will you ever see your own brain?"

wtf??..n!gga put the crack down!!!!.put it down..its ain worth it mannn
June 17, 2008 @ 06:46 PM
Killypants

I think about space a lot. But generally it's drug-induced. It's just wild to look at the moon and know people have walked on it. That shit on Discovery right now is crazy. Also I think about the future...like what the world's about to be like in, say, 100 years
June 17, 2008 @ 07:03 PM
skatelife

i always think about other life then us,with how big the universe is
and all the other galaxies out there; its kinda hard to believe we're
the only ones.
June 17, 2008 @ 07:51 PM
fang

everyone Has To Flame People That Dont Have E-fame. Cool.

Do You Think That The Internet Fine-tunes Your Ability To Communicate You Thoughts, Or Does It Detract Form Your Ability To Approach A Conversation (in Real Life) With A Complete Stranger?

I Think, The Internet Allows You To Release Your Thoughts That You Normally Woulent Say In The Real World (ie. Starting Internet Fights, Or Talking Shit) When In Actuality You Wouldn't Do It To Someone You Don't Know In Public, Or To Friends.(ie. Hypebeast Shoutbox Homoness smile)

But Basiclly This Thread Is Going To Go To Shit Because Everyone Wants To Look Cool And Post Pictures That Say "fail" And Shit.

Nice Try At The Topic Though.

VERy INTELLECTUAL. ARE YOU AN EXPERT IN INTELLIGENCE PERHAPS????
June 17, 2008 @ 07:56 PM
pebblesiscool

^ or are we
dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnn
June 17, 2008 @ 07:58 PM
fang

I think, the internet allows you to release your thoughts that you normally woulent say in the real world (ie. Starting internet fights, or talking shit) when in actuality you wouldn't do it to someone you don't know in public, or to friends.(ie. hypebeast shoutbox homoness smile)

you're crazy deep
June 17, 2008 @ 08:11 PM
Langox510x

I think about outerspace a lot. Or atleast I used to. This thread should have been injected into the STONER thread because this is the type of shit people LOVE talking about when their ripped.

But anyway space. Its so big you know?

True.

I think about global warming and what might happen to the world as we know it. I think it was the Mayan's who had the belief that the world would not end, but would in 2012 have a world natural disaster which would kill off a large number of the population. I have some belief in this, but at the same time I pray that the Mayan's were incorrect.

Their theory in a nutt shell is that over time due to things such as our thirst of oil and our constent polution of society that the earth like one big toilet will flush out it's system in order to cleanse itself. This would cause a series of natural disasters such as valcanos, earthquakes, tornados and what not which would kill many. We might then see something like another major ice age.

The Mayans also believed that not everybody will die. They also even said that if man were to change it's ways then this event could totally be avvoided.

Again, knock me if you like and I pray I'm just a nutt for buying into this Mayan theory, but if you do your reasearch you might not believe, but you might agree that what they had to say is some pretty freaky shit.
June 17, 2008 @ 08:15 PM

Inactive

you just care too much
June 17, 2008 @ 10:00 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

I actually really like this thread.

But yes sometimes i have thoughts about death.

I wonder constantly over WHY people are the way they are.. WHY some people can lie so easily, WHY some people arnt considerate.. Like.. I dont know, maybe it's just my morals, but sometimes I just wonder why the fuck people do the things they do..

Another thing I sometimes think about.. is when Im dreaming, is that real life? and then is my real life a "dream?"..Same thing to do with that Butterfly dream that Chuang Tzu had...or when Im dreaming, is it actually just my brain imagining things? Or do I go into a completely different world temporarily. LOL One time I contemplated that if my life was just a video game, or a practical joke. Like.. one day, the whole world said "SUPRISE, YOUR LIFE WAS JUST A PRANK, THIS IS THE WAY LIFE REALLY IS".. Would I want to experience what REAL life is, or would I want to completely forget that there is another kind of life, and continue on with this big practical joke.. I guess its basically the Allegory of the Cave by Pluto.

If you place a chair in a hall, and you close the door, and there's nobody to see or verify the chair's existence, is the chair still there? How can you know its there if nobody is there to vouch for it's existence? ..

Basically. All the same bullshit philosophers have wondered over the years.
June 17, 2008 @ 10:03 PM
LogIc

is our lives just a big reality show that aliens watch?
June 18, 2008 @ 12:48 PM
ImperiusRex

^^^ that was on south park once.......

but wouldnt be surprised if we found out itz tru....

Things i wonder about:

1. if god does exist, why wont he just make his pressence known just ta shut everyone the fuk up?

2. If and when time travel is possible, will it be llegal/safe due to the chances of causing A butterfly effect and/ Grandfather paradox (google em if u dont kno wat they are)

3. What came first: Chicken or Egg? i mean come on SOMEONE TELL ME!
June 18, 2008 @ 01:15 PM
xxxchrisngoxxx

This is actually a pretty good thread. Anyone that is going to flame it obviously can't hold a conversation that doesn't pertain to clothes or shoes. If the 7-11 is open 365 days and never closes, why the fuck is their a lock on the door? &)
June 18, 2008 @ 01:22 PM
bloxheads

what the fuck is this ***** talking about?
June 18, 2008 @ 01:23 PM
bloxheads

3. What came first: Chicken or Egg? i mean come on SOMEONE TELL ME!

fuck. good question
June 18, 2008 @ 01:34 PM
araw at bituin

fuck. good question

The egg. Breakfast comes before lunch.

http://instagram.com/qyel

June 18, 2008 @ 02:07 PM
LogIc

^lol...good answer
June 18, 2008 @ 02:25 PM
Chang.

is the nba rigged.
June 18, 2008 @ 02:37 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

is the nba rigged.

Oh. my.. GODDD..
I ALWAYS think the same thing.
BUt not about the NBA.
I actually think.. no.. I KNOW everything in this world is rigged.
Every war, the outcome, every country that's poor with no food,
EVERYTHING is planned out in this world.

What I always wonder is.. Who's incharge?
June 18, 2008 @ 02:47 PM
Liquid

How come you can shave your eyebrows off and they grow back to normal, but if you were to just leave them they don't grow in long as fuck?

Only thing i ever want to know

hahaha thats a mad good question...

but yea wow, ill probably be back when i have more time cuz this is def my kind of thread, these kind of thoughts are going through my head about 75% of the time

Richard Cumming: word if your dick aint wet 24/7 you’re a simp. if theres no pussy around bess b’lee dat i got my dick in a glass of water

June 18, 2008 @ 02:52 PM
StIcK up KiD

i always like to think of stuff like this recently i had one which was, the fact that every day is today, you can never get to tomorrow because when you wake up "tomorrow" its today so "tomorrow is something you can never get to/have.

Please login first to reply.