Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 17, 2008 @ 12:38 AM
dreamkast

hey im looking to become a network egineer. can anybody help me on what I should study and what courses I should take, how many years I should study for etc?
June 17, 2008 @ 12:59 AM
dreamkast

yer im not at college or anything, im doing alot of research and contacting alot of places just wondering if hb knew anything.
June 17, 2008 @ 01:42 AM
camthraxFHK

June 17, 2008 @ 04:17 AM
ktothe

Im a sys admin...

Your question is an odd one. You should learn whatever you feel like doing as a career, obviously. Do you want to code? Learn C. Want to be a network guy? Learn Cisco, etc.

It probably isnt worth the time or money to get a degree in CS unless you're going to be a programmer.
June 17, 2008 @ 05:15 AM
fang

i wonder: does he think engineer is spelled eginner?
June 17, 2008 @ 06:31 AM
dreamkast

oops meant engineer. but yer you fail aswell cause I never spelt it eginner.
June 17, 2008 @ 08:01 AM
dlingrv

go into either computer or electrical engineering if you want to be a network engineer.
June 17, 2008 @ 10:41 AM
deftonez99

hey im looking to become a network egineer. can anybody help me on what I should study and what courses I should take, how many years I should study for etc?

you should just check out your local community college and see what programs they offer in terms of computer networking. I recently graduated with a degree in networking and have been studying for my ccna. Pretty much the classes incorporated a shit ton of computer classes and even several classes through the cisco networking academy. The only problem is that its very difficult to find a job with a degree but without any actual job experience.... fuck the economy >sad

check out www.techexams.net
June 17, 2008 @ 11:49 AM
wallychamp

start backwards and look on yahoo hotjobs, craigslist or other employment sites to see what real life employers are looking for in real time.

counselors dont know shit, they just know hearsay about certain careers.

experience is going to be one of the preferences but you can make that up with internships.
June 17, 2008 @ 09:18 PM
camthraxFHK

Dude, if you're motivated enough to look for advice on how to become something, you should go to college. Even if you're not that into studying, you could be an accountant or something else equally boring, but better than a network engineer, and make a fuckload more money.
June 17, 2008 @ 09:30 PM
dreamkast

im gona go to an institution to study, we dont call it college over here so ill refer to it as an institution. Network engineers make quite alot of money around 4 times the average pay over here, but like i just want to get into the I.T industry not specifically a network engineer but maybe something else like a consultant. Ive already contacted quite alot of places and got good info I just wondered if anyone on here was in the industry and could help out.
June 17, 2008 @ 09:57 PM
koolhaas

don't go to college. just be motivated and hard working. you will learn more from experience.

get a few certs while you are at it and call it a day.
June 17, 2008 @ 09:58 PM
LogIc

where are you from?
June 17, 2008 @ 10:30 PM
dreamkast

New zealand, yer i would go straight into the industry but I dont have a clue where to start or much about computers to begin with.
June 17, 2008 @ 11:04 PM
camthraxFHK

^^^ If you don't know anything about computers, then why the fuck do you want to be a scrub ass network engineer. You said that they make 4 times the average salary and as someone who is about to be a responsible adult and has spent years and hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to be something, you are going to have your doubts, and you will not end up being something you don't want to be. If you want money, then be an accountant, a banker, or an insurance agent. If you want to spend all day in the back of an office building typing random ass shit into a computer, then be a network engineer.
June 17, 2008 @ 11:52 PM
dreamkast

^^^ If you don't know anything about computers, then why the fuck do you want to be a scrub ass network engineer. You said that they make 4 times the average salary and as someone who is about to be a responsible adult and has spent years and hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to be something, you are going to have your doubts, and you will not end up being something you don't want to be. If you want money, then be an accountant, a banker, or an insurance agent. If you want to spend all day in the back of an office building typing random ass shit into a computer, then be a network engineer.

ah ok if your here to try and tell me what to do in life please leave this thread. I have no interest in being an accountant or banker I done accounting in school and I fucken hated it. I like working with computers and stuff around it . I know the normal stuff about computer just nothing advanced and talking with pros they said you can pick up the basic computer essentials ill need within like 3 months.

I said a network engineer was just an idea as the i.t industry is broad.
June 18, 2008 @ 03:22 AM
camthraxFHK

HAVE FUN!!!
June 18, 2008 @ 03:35 AM
dreamkast

asshole can you read I said its one of the things im looking at. Basically I cant be fucked going to study for 5 years then not even be guranteed a job,I.T short term study and getting a good paying job is very high.
June 18, 2008 @ 03:52 AM
camthraxFHK

^^^ dude you're on a fashion forum with "cool" people and you're asking for advice on how to become a network engineer. I think that would be boring as fuck, and I reserve the right to post pictures like these.

Joseph Bomberger - Joe has worked for A/K Computers since 1988 and then joined Optical Storage Solutions is 1995. Mr. Bomberger has expanded his technical and application knowledge to become one of the firm's primary service technicians as a Certified Network Engineer. In this capacity, he is responsible for the installation, configuration, and ongoing support of network system implementations. Possessing both network and application expertise as well as technical hardware knowledge enables him to troubleshoot and resolve a wide variety of system problems.

This could be you!!!
June 18, 2008 @ 04:27 AM
dreamkast

I think your missing the whole point of it might be an option. Dressing up in cool clothes doesn't make one cool as your on this supposely cool site and your a complete loser. frequent forum lerkers and cool shouldn't really be used in the same sentence buddy.
June 18, 2008 @ 04:51 AM
dreamkast

^^^ dude you're on a fashion forum with "cool" people and you're asking for advice on how to become a network engineer. I think that would be boring as fuck, and I reserve the right to post pictures like these.

This could be you!!!

while the probability of me being him is very slim.

This is you!!!fuck how do I become like you.

Please login first to reply.