Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 22, 2008 @ 11:23 AM
br1ngm3d0wn

anyone got any tips?

i'm gonna see kanye on saturday here in the Chi and i sure as hell want to document this.
okay i want serious answers. no "stick it up your butt'' stupid shit. lol

i know i read all over the internet that 'no cameras allowed. they'll make you throw away your battery or take it out.' or 'security is tight and searches the crowd for anyone with a camera.

i'm sitting low 300s (that view should be sick though.. its the WHOLE stage) so it shouldn't be too hard to take pics n what not.. BUT.. how can i get my camera in?

i was thinking.. wear a belt with a metal buckle.. and putting the camera behind my belt.. since the camera is kinda thin? so that way when the metal detector beeps.. i can be like..'that's my belt..' any ideas?

this is the UC set up for a concert.. i'm assuming it will be set up like that.. wth a bigger stage.. but the view from 300 shouldn't be bad at all.

May 22, 2008 @ 11:37 AM
:Brother:

disposable plastic cam?
May 22, 2008 @ 11:39 AM
bownah

take the battery out and give it to somone els to take in

or plastic cam isnt a bad idea
May 22, 2008 @ 11:39 AM
br1ngm3d0wn

didnt think of that idea.. plastic cam..but that'd be easier for them to be like. "throw this away".. yet not as easy to detect.

plus the pics wouldn't be good without the flash.. and its hit or miss on if the pic turned out or not.

i might just have one of my friends who's going with me.. put the cam in her purse.. they don't dig around in there do they?

i wish i had an iphone. lol
May 22, 2008 @ 01:25 PM
healthytext

Tube socks.
May 22, 2008 @ 01:45 PM
ahhhrt

Find a girl.
Big boobs+metal wire bra=win.
May 22, 2008 @ 02:33 PM
SpamBurger

maannnn the show is SICK! they just asked us and it wasnt serious searching but sitting in the front they were heavy on the no flash...

but...in all seriousness the show is crazy....I went with a lady so she just put it in her purse and they asked about it and searched it but she had it in a side pocket and the guy said something about like "it's probably in that pocket" she was like "what pocket" and he was like i know it's in there but let us roll with it...

dunno how it will be in your area tho...but yeah try the disposable if you don't want to risk it...

bit of advise BE ON TIME, they start the show ON TIME...i was 20 min late and got there just in time to see lupe skippin off stage....DAMN.
May 22, 2008 @ 03:01 PM
br1ngm3d0wn

maannnn the show is SICK! they just asked us and it wasnt serious searching but sitting in the front they were heavy on the no flash...

but...in all seriousness the show is crazy....I went with a lady so she just put it in her purse and they asked about it and searched it but she had it in a side pocket and the guy said something about like "it's probably in that pocket" she was like "what pocket" and he was like i know it's in there but let us roll with it...

dunno how it will be in your area tho...but yeah try the disposable if you don't want to risk it...

bit of advise BE ON TIME, they start the show ON TIME...i was 20 min late and got there just in time to see lupe skippin off stage....DAMN.

lupe only performs 20 minutes?! sad garbage lol well i saw him for free downtown last year last spring.. and then he showed up at my end of the year concert at depaul with the roots as a guest last spring.. performed in the rain in our quad. sick show!

i'll make sure to be there on time for sure. i hear the show's 4 hours long.. i'm stoked! going with a lady friend, one of my best friends since i was super young.. she's got them tatas.. so the camera might fit and hidden.. ahaha either that.. or it's her purse.
May 22, 2008 @ 03:58 PM
meowmeowmeow

i told the chick i was with to hide it in a side pocket in her purse. she had a little sony though. they only check the large pocket in women's purses. we got some dope ass videos too
[EDIT] FUCK the link lol
May 22, 2008 @ 04:00 PM

Inactive

the link too me to some homo video about a topless man, cooking
May 22, 2008 @ 04:00 PM
TheCityOfChi

lupe only performs 20 minutes?! sad garbage lol well i saw him for free downtown last year last spring.. and then he showed up at my end of the year concert at depaul with the roots as a guest last spring.. performed in the rain in our quad. sick show!

i'll make sure to be there on time for sure. i hear the show's 4 hours long.. i'm stoked! going with a lady friend, one of my best friends since i was super young.. she's got them tatas.. so the camera might fit and hidden.. ahaha either that.. or it's her purse.

im in section 4
be sure to wave down to me
May 22, 2008 @ 04:01 PM
meowmeowmeow

STRESSSED. Lupe started 40 min. early in the Tampa set. Be there at 5:30 if the show starts at 7. You'll spend alot time in lines
May 22, 2008 @ 04:02 PM
pnsho

I brought in a camera for the Camden show.

I brought 2 shirts with me and a beanie in my bookbag. I just put the camera inside the beanie, put it all the way in the bottom of the bag, and the lady (make sure you get checked by a lady) guard just moved my shirts around and let me pass.

And you can say you have a change of clothes in the bag too.
May 22, 2008 @ 04:08 PM
AfrocentricAsian

tape that camera to your crotch area. It's the only way.
May 22, 2008 @ 04:09 PM
Comikazi

STRESSSED. Lupe started 40 min. early in the Tampa set. Be there at 5:30 if the show starts at 7. You'll spend alot time in lines

qft, I missed everyone but 'ye

as far as the camera goes, I had a backpack and they only very quickly checked the biggest pocket. Just be smart about it, put it inside of something or if you got lucky like I did put it in a smaller discrete pocket. That metal wire bra thing sounds like a really good idea too.
May 22, 2008 @ 04:10 PM
pnsho

They pat you down, homie.

Well, that's because Camden had some tough ass rednecks as security guards.
May 22, 2008 @ 05:31 PM
ZED'S DEAD

I went, was in lower 300's like you (later strolled to the 100's section and stayed there for the rest of the performance without a problem)

I don't know about your location, but they didn't pat us down. But at the same time we didn't walk up with that intention or look scared, any of the sort.

I simply had my point-and-shoot camera in it's pouch on my belt, not covered or anything.

What I originally planned to do, and should've done, is lugged my SLR in my lady-friends purse, and had my friends lady put my 70-200mm in hers. Security does look through womens bags, but they only do a once over. If the bag is big enough (many women bags are) you can put something over it and call it a day.

I was peeved on the fact we got in without them even checking me. But at the same time, Pusha T came in with us so they probably didn't expect anything.

I did see a few people get hounded though, made people delete their images, which is stupid. People have iphones, I don't understand the difference.

As far as switching sections. I just walked from one end to another, like most venues, security only checks for your seat the first few hours. But again, it's all on your approach, if you walk up looking at someone nervous, they'll question you. If you're cool, then you're good.

Always easier to apologise than ask for permission.

Surprised no one else pointed out the tan "air yeezys"

May 22, 2008 @ 08:01 PM
gaws

i missed lupe, i was fucking mad. show was insane though.
k but what i noticed was, if you have a bag with alot of pockets and shit, open the big pocket and show them around in there, especially if the camera is thin just throw it in a smaller pocket, not noticeable. you have to think, they're dealing with hundreds of people trying to get in, they arent going to spend tons of time fishing around your bag, checking small pockets and shit. as an extra precaution (ive done this a couple times) take the battery out and stash it somewhere. batteries are super small, just make it fit. Sock, wallet, etc

edit: i just realized Comikazi said the same thing as me. give it a try.
May 22, 2008 @ 08:26 PM
pnsho

If they see your camera, but there's no battery, they let you pass?
May 22, 2008 @ 08:47 PM
KICKROCKS

make a fake press pass.

Works for me.
May 22, 2008 @ 11:31 PM
hash

Bring a camera with a dead battery, let them take it out, pull the battery that you have in a condom out of yer butt and put it in camera when necessary.
May 22, 2008 @ 11:42 PM
/GSTUDIOS\

^best idea yet
May 22, 2008 @ 11:58 PM
FACE

the show was bumped up to 6pm, he started at 6:03pm, i know i was 16th from the stage cool and yeah put it in a cell phone case like a blackberry one or something an put the cell in ya girls purse, when taking pic turn off the flash and up the exposure.

btw good to see more Orlando heads, lets just hope you ain't wack like others

Orlando, FL. OG as fuck.

May 23, 2008 @ 12:49 AM
LOCHNESS

When I went to the show it pretty much when down like this..

Wear a hoody/jacket with pocket directly in the front.

Put the camera in your waist between drawers and inside of jeans.

Put jacket/hoody over waist. Than put your cell phone in the front pocket thats directly over your wasit line.

When he pats your wasit and feels the camera/ phone you said oh thats my phone and pull it out and he says alright pal.

Unless you guys have some crazy OD security guards or something. Worked for me.

Than again like Westie said none of your pics are going to come out great.
May 23, 2008 @ 01:19 AM
Crook

My girl tried to get our camera in an LA show and the security guard for our line was a psycho checking every pocket and making all the girls open up all the zippers in their purse..... needless to say we had to take our camera back to the car.....when we got back from droppin off our camera we went in through another line and the secuirty guard just took a quick browse and let us pass.....basically look to see who is working the line....there is always one security who doesnt give a fuck to check everything completely the way they are suppossed to
May 23, 2008 @ 03:47 AM
IC3

wrap plaster (those soft plaster aids) around one of ur arms, to make it look like ur wearing a cast.

then wear a sling, hide the cam in the sling

they wont bother searching cuz u cant move ur arm beause you're injured.
May 23, 2008 @ 04:01 AM
pebblesiscool

i dont understand, why are they like so crazy mad about photos being taken?
May 23, 2008 @ 07:06 AM
pnsho

i dont understand, why are they like so crazy mad about photos being taken?

'Cause they're fucking retards and think that it's illegal, when in actuality, videos and pics get posted up all the time.

They're fine with camera phones (you can take pictures), but not video cameras, 'cause ya know, it ruins the experience for other people (they don't get money if you watch the shit on YouTube and don't go).
May 23, 2008 @ 09:59 AM
ZED'S DEAD

All fail. Listen to you guys. Switching where your cell phone is and wrapping it up and whatnot. He's trying to get a camera in a concert, not a gun onto an airplane.

I went, was in lower 300's like you (later strolled to the 100's section and stayed there for the rest of the performance without a problem)

I don't know about your location, but they didn't pat us down. But at the same time we didn't walk up with that intention or look scared, any of the sort.

I simply had my point-and-shoot camera in it's pouch on my belt, not covered or anything.

What I originally planned to do, and should've done, is lugged my SLR body in my lady-friends purse, and had my friends lady put my 70-200mm in hers. Security does look through womens bags, but they only do a once-over. If the bag is big enough (many women bags are) you can put something over it and call it a day.

I was peeved on the fact we got in without them even checking me. But at the same time, Pusha T came in with us so they probably didn't expect anything.

As far as switching sections. I just walked from one end to another during the break, like most venues, security only checks for your seat the first few hours. But again, it's all on your approach, if you walk up looking at someone nervous, they'll question you. If you're cool, then you're good.

Always easier to apologize than ask for permission.

Also it's the ISO that has to be bumped up, not exposure. Flash = fail

Surprised no one else pointed out the tan "air yeezys"
May 23, 2008 @ 10:15 AM
T.B.E.L

under a shemagh, no questions asked

Please login first to reply.