Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
May 4, 2008 @ 07:19 PM
southwest55

May 4, 2008 @ 07:23 PM
JKISSI

shut it down? hell no
we need to have a discussion seciton .. talk about politics debating and shit ..
May 4, 2008 @ 07:26 PM
southwest55

What people fail to realize is that reilgion was never given a name until Islam. And a religion for the decendents of Ismhael was prophisized in the bible.
May 4, 2008 @ 08:31 PM
SK1

Can you explain that a little bit more?
May 4, 2008 @ 09:07 PM
southwest55

Can you explain that a little bit more?

Well Judiasm is never mentioned in the bible. The word Jew was used to describe people from the tribe of Judah. Christianity was given a name for 300 years after jesus died. Only the quran gives a specific name for a religion which is called islam which simply means submission to the will of god. As far as Ishmael. Ishmael was Abrahams first child that he had with a egyptian slave because he thought his wife could not have kids. However his wife did eventually have Issac and his wife became jealous of Hajar the egpytian slave and sent out into the wilderness were she prayed to god help. God then promised her a "Great Nation" that would descend from ishmael. Kind of condensed but i hope u get the point.
May 4, 2008 @ 09:59 PM
SK1

You're wrong son. This is a letter St. Ignatius wrote, he was born in the Roman Empire 50 AD and died 110 AD. So this is circa 70 years after the death of Christ:

"Be not seduced by strange doctrines nor by antiquated fables, which are profitless. For if even unto this day we live after the manner of Judaism, we avow that we have not received grace.... If then those who had walked in ancient practices attained unto newness of hope, no longer observing Sabbaths but fashioning their lives after the Lord's day, on which our life also arose through Him and through His death which some men deny ... how shall we be able to live apart from Him? ... It is monstrous to talk of Jesus Christ and to practise Judaism. For Christianity did not believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity — Ignatius to the Magnesians 8:1, 9:1-2, 10:3"

Also the new testament mentions Pharisees and Sadducees, the leaders of which were "Rabbis." (John 3:1-10; 7:50; 19:39, Acts 5:34; 22:3, Mark 12:18-27; Luke 20:27). They weren't Rabbis of no religion, they were rabbis of Judaism.
May 5, 2008 @ 06:13 AM
southwest55

Ok so they were rabbis but that means that they called there religion Judaism. Doesnt make sense. Egyptians had priests but did they have a name for there reiligion?. The name Christianity was developed because people didnt know what to call the people that follwed jesus christ. But he never mentioned or told them to call themselves christians. I fyou want to refer to bible passage's. Why did jesus when someone asked him why he had come did he reply " i was sent only for the lost sheep of the house of isreal". Jesus was only supposed to be a savior for the descendents of Jacob or (israel) not gentiles.
May 5, 2008 @ 09:01 AM
CHEEP

rasta FTW
May 5, 2008 @ 01:38 PM
southwest55

rasta FTW

thats funny becuase rasta are descended from the tribe of judah
May 5, 2008 @ 01:52 PM
CHEEP

well... ethiopians are. genetic testing has proven that. rasta is the closest modern religion to the teachings of christ that i have found... the only one that really keeps with the mysticism of early christianity, and the essene judaisim that jesus was very heavily influenced by.
May 5, 2008 @ 03:12 PM
SK1

I'm not sure I buy much into Jesus having a lot of Essene influence, but who knows. I do know that Judeo-Christian Mysticism is still alive and well in Catholicism and Orthodox Churches.
May 5, 2008 @ 06:20 PM
southwest55

well... ethiopians are. genetic testing has proven that. rasta is the closest modern religion to the teachings of christ that i have found... the only one that really keeps with the mysticism of early christianity, and the essene judaisim that jesus was very heavily influenced by.

Exactly Jamacian's are part of one of the lost tribes of israel that have not been corrupted by westernized civilization. See the problem is that alot of people would not be able to accept the truth about religion. Ancient religion really had a seperatist attitude.
May 5, 2008 @ 06:21 PM
southwest55

Exactly Jamacian's are part of one of the lost tribes of israel that have not been corrupted by westernized civilization. See the problem is that alot of people would not be able to accept the truth about religion. Ancient religion really had a separatist attitude.
May 5, 2008 @ 08:24 PM
TheFlash

hmm...sk1 what do u do? did you take religious philosophy in college or something
May 6, 2008 @ 09:36 AM
SK1

I got wikipedia and a lot of time on my hands. ;-)
October 15, 2008 @ 10:23 PM

how can the bible say earth was only created for a couple thosuand years, when carbon dating shows basically any random old rock dates back at least a couple HUNDRED thousand years old. or fossils of neanderthals that dates like 10 thousand years again with carbon dating.

not sure 100% but I dont remember the bible mentioning the other planets of our solar system. with the present advances in technology, you guys simply can not deny existentce of other planets.
October 15, 2008 @ 10:33 PM
xdiddykongx

religions a joke (edgy post)
October 15, 2008 @ 10:36 PM
vinhhhh

Wow. Talk about reviving a thread.

But what I think is. When explaining the creation of the world, it was poetic rather then factfilled. I mean, I highly doubt like 99% that everything was made in 7 days, 24 hour periods. But no way would people from back then understand the big bang or any evolution and what nots.

Before they thought the world was made by these Gods that wanted food, or the sun God. So, the overall purpose of Genesis was to explain that one God made everything from nothing.

So what I think is, God made the big bang happened. And the process of evolution came from his plan to create everything. You feel?

No way would the bible, written 4000 years ago, would they be able to explain the solar system, what stars are made out of, evolution etc.
October 15, 2008 @ 10:38 PM
chkoo

Wow. Talk about reviving a thread.

But what I think is. When explaining the creation of the world, it was poetic rather then factfilled. I mean, I highly doubt like 99% that everything was made in 7 days, 24 hour periods. But no way would people from back then understand the big bang or any evolution and what nots.

Before they thought the world was made by these Gods that wanted food, or the sun God. So, the overall purpose of Genesis was to explain that one God made everything from nothing.

So what I think is, God made the big bang happened. And the process of evolution came from his plan to create everything. You feel?

No way would the bible, written 4000 years ago, would they be able to explain the solar system, what stars are made out of, evolution etc.

they dont beleive in evolution
October 15, 2008 @ 10:41 PM
J.Slay

GOD GIVES ME STRENGTH. IF NOT FOR GOD I WOULDNT DO ANYTHING GOOD. I WOULD JUST BE A MISERABLE FAILURE. I LIKE TO THANK GOD FOR GIVING ME ALL MY TALENTS. THANKS GoD!
October 15, 2008 @ 10:42 PM

ur the only 1 that i've heard that has not simply denied evolution as a possiblity. cause really, anyone straight out denying science is being ignorant. i'm not saying evolution is the only possiblilty cause nothing is for certain, but with more and more evidence, it just SUGGEST it could be a possibility.
October 15, 2008 @ 10:42 PM
N1QUE

how can the bible say earth was only created for a couple thosuand years, when carbon dating shows basically any random old rock dates back at least a couple HUNDRED thousand years old. or fossils of neanderthals that dates like 10 thousand years again with carbon dating.

not sure 100% but I dont remember the bible mentioning the other planets of our solar system. with the present advances in technology, you guys simply can not deny existentce of other planets.

where are you going with this? dont you get it? no side can win this argument. its just gonna go back and forth.
October 15, 2008 @ 10:43 PM
fffffut

lol i can't deny the existence of god, but i really don't think that's how everything happened
it amazes me how people just believe this shit so easily
October 15, 2008 @ 10:47 PM
Chahin

it amazes me how people can believe that there's actually a god
October 15, 2008 @ 10:48 PM

^^ exactly, its okay if u believe in god, just dislike people that defends everything the bible says even when obvious problems occur.
October 15, 2008 @ 10:52 PM
N1QUE

it's a book full of metaphors.

only the orthodox and the hardcore christians take it word for word.
October 15, 2008 @ 10:55 PM

i'm glad u think logically
October 15, 2008 @ 11:02 PM
Chahin

you can say that you know the earth is round
but you can't say you know god exists
you have to say that you believe god exists

you say that you know something when it's be proven right, and i there's eventually proof that your knowledge is wrong, then you admit it and start looking for more proofs

believing is strong, it doesnt involve thinking and looking for proofs

that's why religions are dangerous and leads to violent or integrist interpretations
October 15, 2008 @ 11:06 PM
Ibn Egypt

Christianity is based on Egyptian spiritually beliefs. I have no problem with religions but religions brings people away from the facts. Love & Unity is the key but religions spark up debates.
October 15, 2008 @ 11:08 PM

^^ both very tru, religions does bring people away from the facts

Please login first to reply.