christianity?

May 02, 2008 @ 01:57:37
First of all, I wasn't addressing just you but the whole mass of viewers that would eventually read this. The point I was trying to drastically strike into religious people is that it usually takes an open minded person to become atheist. A religious person stays confined in his religion, further more supressing his freedoms and homeostasis environment. I never accused you of being a Christian whatsoever. Numerously in my response to the first comments, I said religion, not Christian.

I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my general stand on the subject, I was only trying to be vague.

alright, you seem just to not get it. Il defend the religious people out there for a sec. If you think that religious people stay confined in there religion you are crazy. Religious people take some of the hardest hits from other people, and their beliefs are constantly being slaughtered in front of them by bias people. It is no more convenient to be religious as it is to be a soldier in irak or something. It IS easy being atheist, you have nothing really to defend.
Just respect others views, you never know where you will be when you die, maybe infront of god, or being eatin by earthworms.
Any religious person will say this, (scientists, Buddhist, or mormons) "you dont know how deep the rabbit hole goes."
May 02, 2008 @ 02:42:47
aight just one more time for the nigggas who are MAD SLOW: here is a case of religion fuckiing with your money. i am a girl. i get pregnant. i dont have the resources to have this child and i dont want it. i am relligious so i dont get an abortion. because of this i have to quit my job for at least 6 months and take care of this child afterwards, etc. etc. DO YOU SEE HOW THIS FUCKS WITH YOUR MONEY? keep in mind that the effects are more pronounced when you go more in depth, this is just the surface of a problem.

This makes no fucken sense whatsoever.

Why get pregnant when you dont want to care for a child? And how is this a case of religion fucking with your money? You give birth to a child, and since its your responsibility to care for it, you are responsible to buy food and resources for it.. I don't fucken get how being Christian or any other type of religion fucks you over in this type of situation.

Epic fail.

Stop being a faggot.
May 02, 2008 @ 04:02:43
it makes perfect sense. if you are a "true christian" then you can't have an abortion. why get pregnant when you dont want to care for a child? because if you're a "true christian" then you're not allowed to use birth control and can't have sex without the intention of making a child. yes, the hwole point is that you're now responsible for a child. a child that you didn't want. that just fucked up your money. do you understand now? it makes complete sense. any reasonable person can understand why this is bad for everyone.

Why wouldn't you want the baby? The only intention of having sex is to make one, right? If you get pregnant, the only reason for that is because you expected the child to come and wanted it to. It does not in any way mess with your money. If a Christian didn't want the baby, they shouldn't have had sex. And if anything, Christians aren't the only ones losing their money. Everyone loses money when that have a child in order to support it. It's called life, have you heard of it?
May 02, 2008 @ 04:55:00
THE POINT OF SEX IS PLEASURE. everyone knows that, and you do too. dont play dumb. the fact that it gets you pregnant is an afterthought.

and finally, money isn't just "lost" when it's spent. where did the damn money go? to the void? it just changed hands. the problem of "lost money" only occurs when there is an inefficiency which is keeping a given market from reaching its full potential. guess what, the church creates a lot of these inefficiencies. when people want and then have a child, they know they are making an investment that may or may not benefit them directly, but they almost certainly hope the child will live a fruitful life (i.e. will provide goods and services). the money in that situation is not just "lost." however if having a child you didn't want prevents you from finishing school or working at your job, then money was lost due to that ineffeciency (you believing in the church).

First of all, sex is not just for pleasure, at least to the Christians. IMO, that was a very ignorant and biased comment that you made. Unlike you, people actually preserve that special moment for life; not just having sex all around with whoever you want to. Not everyone's horny.

Secondly, you wouldn't have to worry about your financial problems if you're a Christian. Sure, families want to help their child and support them, but what family doesn't? How exactly does being a Christian mess your money up? At mass, people choose to give money, it's not mandatory, unlike some religions. And me "believing" in church? Not necessarily. Some of the church's teachings I do not agree with, mainly because those teachings are usually contradicted by the Bible. How exactly do I lose money by going to church? Do I pay for confession or the Eucharist? Do I pay to go to mass? Do I pay the priest to administer the Body of Christ? No. Most, if not all church functions are free. They don't force this religion on me. If I didn't want this religion, I would become an atheist, but that's not happening anytime soon.
May 02, 2008 @ 09:48:04
Do Christians realize that muslims worship the same god?

I don't really know much about the Islam religion, but I think the difference betweent he 2 religions, is Christians believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah, and muslims, think he was just a prophet, and they worship Muhammad. I could be wrong though.
May 02, 2008 @ 09:54:22
Westside you're dismissing part of Christian theology, which is sex is only allowed in marriage and usually, being married, both wife and husband desire children. You can't dismiss that theological point, in order to say that a Christian who doesn't want a kid can't have an abortion, in the Christian ideology if you're having sex you should be married and wanting a child. So your argument is contradictory.
May 02, 2008 @ 09:59:38
hahah christianity is dumb, way to not have any fucking fun whatsoever, and worship a dead man and his make believe father. way to go. really sounds like your lives are much more fulfilled and meaningful then everyone elses
May 02, 2008 @ 10:02:25
Do Christians realize that muslims worship the same god?

No this is a common misunderstanding. Muslims believe themselves to be descended from Abraham, and therefore legitimize their religion by claiming to be the true religion of Abraham, Moses etc. So a Muslim will tell you that the Islamic God is the same God of the Bible, but this would not be true for a Jew. Jews would consider Islam a heresy, and therefore would never say that Muslims worshiped the Jewish God. If you see many early Christian and Jewish writings, concerning Islam, they are highly critical of it and consider it Heretical. In the Middle Ages, many Jewish and Christian theologians considered Muhammad to have been possessed by Satan, some Christians said he was the Anti-Christ.
May 02, 2008 @ 10:05:11
hahah christianity is dumb, way to not have any fucking fun whatsoever, and worship a dead man and his make believe father. way to go. really sounds like your lives are much more fulfilled and meaningful then everyone elses

Profound and original.
May 02, 2008 @ 10:06:04
why did jesus say "my god, why have you forsaken me" just before he died on the cross? if he was god, as you claim, wouldnt this be a conflict?
May 02, 2008 @ 10:17:09
why did jesus say "my god, why have you forsaken me" just before he died on the cross? if he was god, as you claim, wouldnt this be a conflict?

I'm going to have to let a Christian answer that one.
May 02, 2008 @ 10:20:55
jesus sucks dog balls
May 02, 2008 @ 10:25:48

I mean if I had to give a simple philosophical answer, since I do philosophy not theology, one could say we do not need to understand, we need to have faith, God is God and can do whatever he wants. I think Augustine may have solved this issue by saying God was "Omnipresent".
"omnipresent'
'present in all places at all times'"

Now what the Biblical text actually says on this issue, or what the common held Christian view of this is, I'm unsure.
May 02, 2008 @ 10:28:47
and to all you believers im sure jesus loves you for buying a bunch of shoes made by kids in sweatshops, and other over priced clothing to make yourselves look good

what would jesus do?
May 02, 2008 @ 11:36:47
Being Christian is a choice, its not like this is 15th century Spain.
May 02, 2008 @ 11:37:11
for those who say that it is not the religion, but the people in it who do evil things... what is a religion without people? what is god without people who believe in him? you can not separate the things.
May 02, 2008 @ 11:40:02
Being Christian is a choice, its not like this is 15th century Spain.

is it? what about people who are born into it? who are made to go to church every sunday from the time they are infants? what about those baptised as infants?
May 02, 2008 @ 11:41:53
this thread sucks
May 02, 2008 @ 11:42:15
for those who say that it is not the religion, but the people in it who do evil things... what is a religion without people? what is god without people who believe in him? you can not separate the things.

Hmm. I think we need to separate motivations to commit certain acts. Many of the evil acts ascribed to religion were actually politically motivated, and were not at all theologically motivated. Therefore if you are motivated by something else besides your religion to commit a certain action, and then tell people it was committed because of your religion, it was the man and not the religion, although it would be easy to point to the religion. But religion is a concept, a concept cannot commit actions, the people do.
May 02, 2008 @ 11:51:47
how do you think jesus would feel about the church today?
May 02, 2008 @ 13:47:07
jesus sucks dog balls

Dude, stfu. Youre an idiot.
May 02, 2008 @ 14:21:38
Lulz ur an idiot for even responding to that
May 02, 2008 @ 14:32:11
is it? what about people who are born into it? who are made to go to church every sunday from the time they are infants? what about those baptised as infants?

Yes that is how most people choose their religion. They choose to take the religion of their mother or their father. But that doesn't mean it is forced. There is a compulsion and a conditioning which I most definitely don't need to be educated on. The problem is not the religion though, the problem is the European Authoritarian society, which dictates authority to be taken unquestionably. The normal European views their Church or Pastor or Priest as an authority figure and therefore, not willing to challenge that authority and being conditioned not to, they continue to follow it unquestionably into their adult life, and then bring their children in it as well. But there is still choice here, I believe in Free Will. I say this because I know many people who were bapitsed and brought up as Christians but chose to follow a new path, in Europe this has become the mainstream, most adults were brought up Christian but have chosen now to be Agnostic or Atheist. Church numbers are incredibly low in Europe and the United States. If people didn't have a choice we would not see this trend continuing and increasing.

Its the people themselves who need work, the people and their institutions, the religion is not the problem.
May 02, 2008 @ 14:34:17
maybe the religion is the problem, and thats why people are leaving the church.
May 02, 2008 @ 14:37:39
people are so blind and scared, take of the blindfold and grow some balls ppl
May 02, 2008 @ 15:54:57
maybe the religion is the problem, and thats why people are leaving the church.

Maybe. Then again this religion has existed for over two thousand years, so I'm guessing its the people.
May 02, 2008 @ 17:43:20
and to all you believers im sure jesus loves you for buying a bunch of shoes made by kids in sweatshops, and other over priced clothing to make yourselves look good

Well, here's a question for you. Jesus wore clothes, didn't he?
May 02, 2008 @ 17:44:44
you are surely retarded.

There's obviously no sense in arguing with an ignorant jerk like yourself. At least make yourself look intelligent next time.
May 02, 2008 @ 18:17:06
God is fake

You can't use human language to describe God.
May 02, 2008 @ 18:25:03
You can't use human language to describe God.

I think, other than cheep, you are the most respectable person on this thread. +REP.
Please login first to reply.
x