April 30, 2008 @ 11:54 AM
Christdawg

It's rather naive to call an atheist not open-minded. Are we not infact entitled to the freedom to search and gather knowledge and come to our own determined thoughts? That's the fine line between non-religious people and religious followers. Non-religious people, for the most part, were apart of a religion prior to deciding that it was not for them or that the religion itself was fraudulent. Religious people grew up into that "lifestyle" so to speak, so they know nothing else, and are subjected to that type of "brainwashing" hence the contradictions that are included in the Bible to farther more suppress your mind from thinking otherwise. "Thou shall not believe in another God" etc. Next time you try to throw down your rhetoric, actually think it through before you say something heinous again without realizing the rammifications of your actions.

It is infact intellectually known that atheists are open-minded people because they WANT to believe that there is a God or higher being but they/ are people of reason not false hope. Who wouldn't want to believe that there is heaven where you are fed fresh grapes right off the vines? Exaggeration but etc. That is the misconception that most religious zealots have. After a thorough analysis by these open-minded atheists, they have further more come to an absolute conclusion based on "proof" that the existence of a religion does not infact exist, so further more divulging your life, time, and resources to that cause, seems rather unfathomable. Resulting in there minds becoming closed because they have systematically gone through trial and error with both the contortive and fallacious teachings of each religion.

WORD UP. Just like someone who has converted to another religion is usually a better follower then someone just born into there religion. Being an Athiest is like converting to non-religion lifestyle.
April 30, 2008 @ 12:12 PM
COREYh

budist 4 life
April 30, 2008 @ 11:08 PM
Jimmmy

It's rather naive to call an atheist not open-minded. Are we not infact entitled to the freedom to search and gather knowledge and come to our own determined thoughts? That's the fine line between non-religious people and religious followers. Non-religious people, for the most part, were apart of a religion prior to deciding that it was not for them or that the religion itself was fraudulent. Religious people grew up into that "lifestyle" so to speak, so they know nothing else, and are subjected to that type of "brainwashing" hence the contradictions that are included in the Bible to farther more suppress your mind from thinking otherwise. "Thou shall not believe in another God" etc. Next time you try to throw down your rhetoric, actually think it through before you say something heinous again without realizing the rammifications of your actions.

It is infact intellectually known that atheists are open-minded people because they WANT to believe that there is a God or higher being but they/ are people of reason not false hope. Who wouldn't want to believe that there is heaven where you are fed fresh grapes right off the vines? Exaggeration but etc. That is the misconception that most religious zealots have. After a thorough analysis by these open-minded atheists, they have further more come to an absolute conclusion based on "proof" that the existence of a religion does not infact exist, so further more divulging your life, time, and resources to that cause, seems rather unfathomable. Resulting in there minds becoming closed because they have systematically gone through trial and error with both the contortive and fallacious teachings of each religion.

i just read your first sentence and automatically realized that you missed my whole point. there are close and open minded religious people and atheists. And both sides need to get a neutral mindset on life and figure things out from there. You have no idea if im religious or not, you just assumed im christian becuase you are a negative person, or at least it seems from the majority of your posts. and the fact that you speak with an all knowing opinion on everything makes it hard to take you serious. I find the opinions of some of the less educated people of both topics to be the more interesting ones, those are the ones that come from true curiosity of life. you just.... know... everything.
April 30, 2008 @ 11:10 PM
Jimmmy

^ I agree w/ your post. But how are you too young to have your own opinion. I'm 20 is that too young?

no no your never too young, ive had intense opinions since i was 5, they have obviously changed since then because of maturity but i think having your opinion engraved in stone is ignorant. that all im sayin bro.

edit: i speak of people on both ends of the spectrum.
April 30, 2008 @ 11:18 PM
b00th

religion is the opium of the people

-Karl Marx
April 30, 2008 @ 11:19 PM
Jimmmy

"science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind."

-AE
April 30, 2008 @ 11:33 PM
Jimmmy

haha why
April 30, 2008 @ 11:39 PM
Jimmmy

i dont understand you.
May 1, 2008 @ 12:34 AM
unchainedhype

37 pages of arguments i stoped reading @ 4
i know what i believe in and thats Jesus Christ
not gonna sit here and argue with anyone
i am not perfect but i know what i believe in and
i know what i believe in is going to help me be a better person day by day
u guys can carry on the post

LethalInspiration.net Coolactivities.net Shamelessmgmt.com

May 1, 2008 @ 12:45 AM
SantoAngelo

Well Im in a dilemma I'm with everything said In the first post. Thats what I believe I mean you know with so many religions telling you that they go the answer and that if you don't listen your going to hell. From a person on the outside thats as good as playing Russian roulette, and I really believe if theres a god thats not what he intended.

Im actually in a situation where a girl im trying to be with is Christian and I respect her beliefs and what not but I hate when she brings up god like every other 10 minutes. Im me I don't need 10 commandments to tell me that killing some one is a bad thing, Im a good person by nature.

She was tryna tell me that tehre was a miracle that happened at her church thats a gang banging ass dude decided to repent. Im like obviously if your doing bad shit your gunna feel bad about it if your heart switches or isnt in it. I think that religious people neglect the simplicity of the shit. And for real all respect to all religions but man I hate when there like its not a religion its a faith!

I could go on but at the end of the day If people wanna believe that Unicorns from space are gunna come down and save them and convince a few people about it. Then w/e let people wish what the want aslong as the shit dont effect the world in a negative way. If your a fucked up human that doesnt know how to act in real life pick a religion get scarred of hell and in want of heaven to get you shit straight.
May 1, 2008 @ 01:10 AM
N1QUE

i just read your first sentence and automatically realized that you missed my whole point. there are close and open minded religious people and atheists. And both sides need to get a neutral mindset on life and figure things out from there. You have no idea if im religious or not, you just assumed im christian becuase you are a negative person, or at least it seems from the majority of your posts. and the fact that you speak with an all knowing opinion on everything makes it hard to take you serious. I find the opinions of some of the less educated people of both topics to be the more interesting ones, those are the ones that come from true curiosity of life. you just.... know... everything.

++++++++++ REP.
May 1, 2008 @ 01:16 AM
SantoAngelo

For real this thread got me madd intrested Im on page ten right now Ill catch up and share my new thoughts in a bit...
May 1, 2008 @ 02:15 AM
rabboarder

Sorry, its been proven that no single person has a trillion dollars.

That's the thing. You haven't seen a trillion dollars nor have I. Does that mean that it is completely impossible for a trillion dollars to exist?

And prove to me how the Bible has been proven. Where is God?

A number of things prove the Bible. A few are as follows: fulfilled prophecies validate the Bible; archeology helps to validate the Bible; and a number of outside sources also attest to the truth in the Bible. And to answer your question, He is in heaven.

Big Bang is an acceptable theory moreso then the belief that two people name Adam and Eve came to this Earth.

You said that
May 1, 2008 @ 02:16 AM
rabboarder

Pretty much to sum up what a buddhist believes in one phrase is this quote, " do good onto others as you would do onto yourself."

It's pretty self-explanatory on their beliefs and moral teachings. One can almost strike a difference between Buddhism and other religions.

I
May 1, 2008 @ 02:17 AM
rabboarder

You're comparing apples and oranges. You realize that it wasn't until the Late Antiquity did Christian scholars acknowledge that existent. Pretty much discrediting your poor attempt.

The whole point of me saying the earth is round thing was to show how absurd it is to automatically discredit something because a Christian says it or because it is religion affiliated, so I really don
May 1, 2008 @ 02:18 AM
rabboarder

i didnt bother reading all of this. scholarly work = published in a peer reviewed scientific journal. this sort of shit doesnt get published in a journal, because it isn't a scholarly work.

Yeah, I never said that it was
May 1, 2008 @ 02:18 AM
rabboarder

this article is pesudo science/logic. it's ridiculous for anyone to beleive his argument, it simply doesn't make sense.

Tell me how it doesn
May 1, 2008 @ 02:19 AM
rabboarder

Well Im in a dilemma I'm with everything said In the first post. Thats what I believe I mean you know with so many religions telling you that they go the answer and that if you don't listen your going to hell. From a person on the outside thats as good as playing Russian roulette, and I really believe if theres a god thats not what he intended.

I concur: I don
May 1, 2008 @ 02:19 AM
rabboarder

see...the problem is that it does affect the world in a negative way.

Again, people are going to believe what they want whether it is God, the flying spaghetti monster, or Darwinism. However, you can
May 1, 2008 @ 08:45 AM
who?

rabboarder

if u believe in god, why the fuck would you think hes in heaven?! you also think hes a man with a huge white beard?

i dont believe in god.. my parents also never forced me to go to church as a youngster..i also wasnt baptised so i could choose my religion myself..

i dont see why i would live my life by the rules of a book

buy the t-shirts www.mondproject.com

May 1, 2008 @ 09:13 AM
rabboarder

what? boy i'm telling you there is shit in the bible that doesnt benefit anyone. half of the book is so out of date it's laughable. this shit was written so logn ago i can't even blame it. if you really think that someone 2 millenia ago knows what's best for you then YOUSTOOPS.

Show me the things in the Bible that don't benefit anyone.

religion causes negative externalities and probably positive ones as well.

Religion isn't bad at all. It's that people take it and use it to justify the bad things that they're doing. "In the name of God, we will start the crusades" sort of thing. Seriously though, I'd say that a true Christian will read the Bible and see that it says that the second greatest commandment, as I've previously said, is to love your neighbor as yourself, and they won't start any trouble with anyone. I think if you're really following a religion, then those negative things wouldn't happen. (Keep in mind, I'm referring to Christianity with this as different religions say different things).

but make no mistake that it FUCKS WITH YOUR MONEY son

How's that; because I give some money to a church? How is that any different than giving money to a homeless person on the street. You give it to them in the hopes that they will use it to do some good as opposed to wasting it on drugs and alcohol. What they choose to do with the money is out of your hands, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't give the money.

Furthermore, the church that I go to doesn't even have a time in the middle of service to collect the offering. At the end of the service, they stand at the doors with collection baskets and you give as you see fit.
May 1, 2008 @ 09:14 AM
rabboarder

to this day i have not seen any evidence. the intelligent designer hasnt spoken to anyone. he hasnt told anyone "i made you"

If you want to see God saying that He made us then read the Bible. If you want evidence that He exists then click the link that I posted a page or so back.
May 1, 2008 @ 09:38 AM
pikafire69

Show me the things in the Bible that don't benefit anyone.

hmmm... how about passages that spawn hatred towards homosexuals, passages that spawn hatred towards women, passages that not only condone, but encourage slavery, passages that stipulate that for back-talking your parent, you must automatically be stoned to death...

that enough examples of stupid shit the bible says, that is not beneficial?
May 1, 2008 @ 07:48 PM
southwest55

Was jesus a Christian?

And i always wondered do people realize the old and new testament are two different religions
May 1, 2008 @ 07:58 PM
southwest55

Do Christians realize that muslims worship the same god?
May 1, 2008 @ 08:10 PM
southwest55

^muslims and jews. that's what i don't really understand with religions.

islam, judaism, and christianity all stem from fucking abraham, yet if you don't worship, mohammed, or jesus, you're going to fucking hell. seems a bit ironic to me.

yeah all from abraham but "judiasm"(which is not really a religion anyway) and what we call Islam split with Jacob or (israel) and Ishmael
May 1, 2008 @ 09:09 PM
Relevent Muzik

please close this someone!!
May 2, 2008 @ 01:57 AM
Jimmmy

First of all, I wasn't addressing just you but the whole mass of viewers that would eventually read this. The point I was trying to drastically strike into religious people is that it usually takes an open minded person to become atheist. A religious person stays confined in his religion, further more supressing his freedoms and homeostasis environment. I never accused you of being a Christian whatsoever. Numerously in my response to the first comments, I said religion, not Christian.

I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my general stand on the subject, I was only trying to be vague.

alright, you seem just to not get it. Il defend the religious people out there for a sec. If you think that religious people stay confined in there religion you are crazy. Religious people take some of the hardest hits from other people, and their beliefs are constantly being slaughtered in front of them by bias people. It is no more convenient to be religious as it is to be a soldier in irak or something. It IS easy being atheist, you have nothing really to defend.
Just respect others views, you never know where you will be when you die, maybe infront of god, or being eatin by earthworms.
Any religious person will say this, (scientists, Buddhist, or mormons) "you dont know how deep the rabbit hole goes."
May 2, 2008 @ 02:42 AM
N1QUE

aight just one more time for the nigggas who are MAD SLOW: here is a case of religion fuckiing with your money. i am a girl. i get pregnant. i dont have the resources to have this child and i dont want it. i am relligious so i dont get an abortion. because of this i have to quit my job for at least 6 months and take care of this child afterwards, etc. etc. DO YOU SEE HOW THIS FUCKS WITH YOUR MONEY? keep in mind that the effects are more pronounced when you go more in depth, this is just the surface of a problem.

This makes no fucken sense whatsoever.

Why get pregnant when you dont want to care for a child? And how is this a case of religion fucking with your money? You give birth to a child, and since its your responsibility to care for it, you are responsible to buy food and resources for it.. I don't fucken get how being Christian or any other type of religion fucks you over in this type of situation.

Epic fail.

Stop being a faggot.
May 2, 2008 @ 04:02 AM
soulamazing.

it makes perfect sense. if you are a "true christian" then you can't have an abortion. why get pregnant when you dont want to care for a child? because if you're a "true christian" then you're not allowed to use birth control and can't have sex without the intention of making a child. yes, the hwole point is that you're now responsible for a child. a child that you didn't want. that just fucked up your money. do you understand now? it makes complete sense. any reasonable person can understand why this is bad for everyone.

Why wouldn't you want the baby? The only intention of having sex is to make one, right? If you get pregnant, the only reason for that is because you expected the child to come and wanted it to. It does not in any way mess with your money. If a Christian didn't want the baby, they shouldn't have had sex. And if anything, Christians aren't the only ones losing their money. Everyone loses money when that have a child in order to support it. It's called life, have you heard of it?

Please login first to reply.