Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 17, 2008 @ 09:22 PM
pnsho

BUMP A HUMP.

Man, I'm seriously doubting the Finance-oriented path I'm heading towards. My job at this business/firm is fucking boring as hell, and I can't help but daze out when they're talking about all this terminology.
June 17, 2008 @ 10:14 PM
pnsho

Word.

Everything looks so much better from the outside. You see cats travelling the world doing business and that shit looks so easy, but in essence, it really isn't.
June 17, 2008 @ 11:27 PM
dpc1192

I'm only a Junior now so I'm starting to worry about colleges

what were your GPAs/SATS? I'm gonna have around a 3.3 unweighted (like 4.0 weighted)
and around a 1400 SAT. not really sure how my chances are
June 17, 2008 @ 11:38 PM
SOLE

applying to suny's next year, i could give a shit where i go freshman year...my grades are horrible (b average, couple of c's) and i got a 1900 on my SATs, so i'm just hoping to get into stony brook (target) or newpaltz (reach) for business and will transfer in a couple of years.

seriously though, fuck a high school fuck a college fuck a future. none of this matters.
June 17, 2008 @ 11:47 PM
dpc1192

^ Thats good enough for some schools. It really depends on where youre trying to do. There is a college for everyone, even if you did horrible in HS. What are some of the school you are looking at? A 3.3 is decent/good enough and a 1400 SAT score is pretty good. Unless youre not trying to go into an IVY league school or somewhere thats in HIGH demand (UNC, USC, NY) you should find a good place

Yeah, I also go to a top 10 ranked high school by USNEWS and World Report so I think that will probably help them realize the lower GPA. I also have sports and I'm the president of a club, and some great recommendations

Also, I've really been improving my grades.
Freshman Year: 2.8 uw
Sophomore Year: 3.3 uw
Junior Year: Probably looking at around a 3.7-4.0 uw with 2 aps

I'm thinking maybe BostonU, UMiami, RISD, USC (reach), Fordham, Tulane, and other colleges along thsoe lines
June 18, 2008 @ 12:19 AM
Deemy

Pine View School for Gifted?
June 18, 2008 @ 12:25 AM
dpc1192

Pine View School for Gifted?

yeah why haha
June 18, 2008 @ 12:30 AM
Deemy

Nah, no reason. You said it was in the top 10 so I searched. It must be really hard, but not as hard as Thomas Jefferson. I know a couple of people from there, and some of them have lower GPAs than I do, yet they're so much smarter than me. Shit is hard.
June 18, 2008 @ 12:32 AM
dpc1192

Nah, no reason. You said it was in the top 10 so I searched. It must be really hard, but not as hard as Thomas Jefferson. I know a couple of people from there, and some of them have lower GPAs than I do, yet they're so much smarter than me. Shit is hard.

yeah, I hope colleges realize that too
June 18, 2008 @ 01:05 AM
rpfey

Best school in the bay! I ain't talking about Stanford either. Go CAL!
June 18, 2008 @ 01:44 AM
-NegRepBandit

applying to suny's next year, i could give a shit where i go freshman year...my grades are horrible (b average, couple of c's) and i got a 1900 on my SATs, so i'm just hoping to get into stony brook (target) or newpaltz (reach) for business and will transfer in a couple of years.

seriously though, fuck a high school fuck a college fuck a future. none of this matters.

the fuck SOLE? i thought u were in college already
June 18, 2008 @ 03:44 AM
camthraxFHK

Amherst. I dropped out but I got reinstated for this fall coming up, even though it will suck.

I'm already something like 30 grand in debt, after 2 years. When I study abroad it will be even more, probably graduate 70-80 grand in debt.

Let me say that the college experience is different for students depending on their family background and income. If you're a rich kid like OhSnap, then you probably won't mind these bs schools as much as I do.

Now if you're like me, going to a so called "top school" thats shit, and you're gonna be 80 grand in debt by the time you're 22, yeah, thats not cool.

Damn, I've heard Amherst is a bummer. My friend went there, turned into a total depressed alcoholic, and couldn't drop out because he didnt want to disappoint his parents. My Dad actually went there, and dropped out to deliberately join the military during Vietnam because it wasn't working out for him, but he went back.

I'm kind of in the same boat, and very fed up with college, but I'm at more of a "safety" elite school, Occidental.

I'm racking up crazy debt, but I'm not smart enough to get merit scholarships or internships no matter how hard I try. I'm an economics major, and its a fucking hard department, with stiff competition from other kids who could have gone to a better school and asshole professors with shiny MIT PhDs and shit. I have a 3.35, made the dean's list twice, and I feel like I'm never going to get a job or get into a good grad school.

EDIT: I got my Stafford Loan info today. Shit is a scam...

Total Amount: $3,400.00
Interest rate: 5%
Months of Grace: 9
Payment Amount: $36.06
Number of Monthly Payments: 120
Total Payment Amount: $4,327.47
Total Finance Charges: $927.47

I am thankful that I got a lot more in grant money after my freshman year.
June 18, 2008 @ 06:51 AM
pnsho

Right now, I have a ~3.7 average for all 3 years and a 1930 SAT.

I'll see what happens. Villanova or NYU.
June 18, 2008 @ 07:33 AM
M. Bones

Yo Snap did you make any headway on the stuff we discussed?
June 18, 2008 @ 12:32 PM
Deemy

Right now, I have a ~3.7 average for all 3 years and a 1930 SAT.

I'll see what happens. Villanova or NYU.

Yeah, you'll do pretty great. If you can, try to raise your GPA by .2, and your chances of getting into a more prestigious college goes up dramatically.
June 18, 2008 @ 05:12 PM
pnsho

Yo Snap did you make any headway on the stuff we discussed?

I actually visited Columbia and the admissions people didn't want to see me lulz

@ Deemy

I'll just have to see. It ain't easy.
June 18, 2008 @ 07:59 PM
youngfab59

Mit
June 18, 2008 @ 08:07 PM
Lew

well i got a 3.7gpa on my report card, but im still pissed. i did absolutely horrendous freshman and sophmore year, so this shit only brought my gpa to 2.3, now i rpolly have to do a community college. which i didnt want to do because money really wasnt a issue. man i wanted to go to sdsu or cal state fullerton so bad
June 19, 2008 @ 12:25 AM
fang

???

do cal states also have a 3.0 requirement for applicants? if not.... i'd still apply
June 19, 2008 @ 12:32 AM
SeanCK

well i got a 3.7gpa on my report card, but im still pissed. i did absolutely horrendous freshman and sophmore year, so this shit only brought my gpa to 2.3, now i rpolly have to do a community college. which i didnt want to do because money really wasnt a issue. man i wanted to go to sdsu or cal state fullerton so bad

try oakton, its a cc but a better 1
June 19, 2008 @ 12:34 AM
SeanCK

I'm only a Junior now so I'm starting to worry about colleges

what were your GPAs/SATS? I'm gonna have around a 3.3 unweighted (like 4.0 weighted)
and around a 1400 SAT. not really sure how my chances are

depends what u do out of the classroom, thats a good gpa, i never took the SAT, so i dunno how that is, but i think its pretty good. also are u a minority.... that helps. my advice is if your not involved get involved in extra currics asap
June 19, 2008 @ 01:42 AM
chingonn34

???

do cal states also have a 3.0 requirement for applicants? if not.... i'd still apply

for dominguez hills & long beach yes. but i got into northridge with a 2.7.
June 19, 2008 @ 04:27 AM

Inactive

theres nothing wrong with your grades dumb shit...how many times do i have to tell you this

stony is a lock based on those grades...youll be dorming with me soon enough, cunt
June 19, 2008 @ 06:32 AM
m4d3lnchln4

university of oregon

I really want to do the product design program. I'm gonna work on my portfolio this summer and next school year to apply for the program my sophmore year. Does anyone know how hard it is to get in? Btw, this program is basically the only reason I chose UofO. I turned down way better schools for this lol...hopefully it wasnt for waste.
June 19, 2008 @ 06:39 AM
slugg

haha nice china. i'm gonna be down there but spending my first year @ LCC. you stayin in the dorms?
June 19, 2008 @ 06:56 AM
dpc1192

depends what u do out of the classroom, thats a good gpa, i never took the SAT, so i dunno how that is, but i think its pretty good. also are u a minority.... that helps. my advice is if your not involved get involved in extra currics asap

I am. I play lacrosse, president of clubs, and community service.. I'm pretty involved in my school overall but I'm white haha
June 19, 2008 @ 12:32 PM
camouflage large

ehhh.
i got into bowie state university but i want to transfer to howard university.. although i got denied admittance when i applied to HU, i still want to go there

i'm majoring in arts but i'm not too sure what i want to do in that field. i'll probably figure it out when i start taking the courses in fall
June 19, 2008 @ 04:44 PM
Lew

try oakton, its a cc but a better 1

is that in california?

???

i dont think so.
June 19, 2008 @ 05:42 PM
Deremony

Im from kentucky and planned one NYU or SUNY. but couldnt afford the out of state tuition even with scholarships. Same with SCAD and UCLA. So im at western kentucky university. Woo.

I will be in Philly then NY in a few weeks if anyone wants to chill.
PM me. ill need help finding shops and shit.
June 19, 2008 @ 07:12 PM
Killypants

China, UO is really nice but there's an overwhelming population of brahs, as there are at most state universities. It's in a chill place though

Please login first to reply.