May 22, 2008 @ 04:47 PM

Inactive

applied and accepted at marie-victorin - fashion marketing
May 22, 2008 @ 05:40 PM
damnwitless1

I got a 730 in my Reading Comprehension, 520 in Math and 640 in essay. My middle-aiming ass is going to state school for freeeeeeeee!!!!!

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

May 22, 2008 @ 05:48 PM
Deemy

These are my individual scores:

Math - 650
CR - 640
Writing - 640

Since most colleges don't count Writing, I only have a 1290, which is pretty fucking average.

I'm a junior, soon to be a senior. I'm def. taking it over in October, and sending in early app to NYU in November.

That's not bad, man. That's above average, you know? Besides, a lot of universities don't think there's a difference between a 650 and a 690. It's politics: if the candidate has a 3% percent lead over his opponent, math shows that it's the same (physics teacher told me some stuff about that). I read that somewhere in one of the articles about getting into college.
May 22, 2008 @ 05:50 PM
pnsho

It's not bad. But just not good enough for NYU/Fordham/Villanova.
May 22, 2008 @ 05:56 PM
damnwitless1

word. You don't happen to be Indian do you? Because if so, you've just earned yourself a full ride.

May 22, 2008 @ 06:07 PM
camthraxFHK

Dude... Apply somewhere else then. You could probably get into USC with that. I mean, what's so cool about Fordham or Villanova? I'm too lazy to look to see what you want to do or whatever, but find other cool schools. My reccomendations:

USC: You seem to like bigger colleges. This place has hawt girls, awesome sports, and if you do well, you will make so much money. Credit Suisse and other investment banks will practically pump money up your asshole if you have a good GPA in the business school. They also have strong connections to the defense/aerospace industry in socal if you like engineering, and all sorts of other stuff in the creative industries. Just don't go here if you want to be a philosopher or something.

I've spent way too much time on this post, and I might post again later.
May 22, 2008 @ 06:31 PM
pnsho

camthrax

I can't get out of the tri-state area. I can't even go to Philly for school.

damnwitless,

I'm Vietnamese.
May 22, 2008 @ 07:15 PM
fang

What we should do is start a "real network" of Hypebeasters who actually go to college, and hook each other up.

brilliant
May 22, 2008 @ 07:20 PM
Deemy

I got less than you, man, and I easily got accepted in Fordham. Fordham's really not that worth it.
May 22, 2008 @ 07:25 PM
SK1

You can get into Fordham with what you got son, as long as your grades are straight.
May 22, 2008 @ 07:37 PM
Lew

do colleges consider improvement a factor?

because i did horrible my freshman year
did decent/bad my sophmore year

and this year my junior year im doing amazing on honor roll
May 22, 2008 @ 07:38 PM
pnsho

Fordham's just an option. I'm primarily looking into NY/NJ schools.

Philly is just outside of the college zone, though I am applying for Villa.
May 22, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
Deemy

do colleges consider improvement a factor?

because i did horrible my freshman year
did decent/bad my sophmore year

and this year my junior year im doing amazing on honor roll

Yeah, they definitely take that into consideration. Are you taking any AP classes this/next year? Keep improving and make sure you do other things such as extra-curriculars to help push you into the pool.
May 22, 2008 @ 07:44 PM
Lew

unfortunately i cant take any ap classes next year because the school im transfering to next year is one of the best in the state and they already got all there ap classes filled. so i think my chances are shot in going to college.

do you think colleges will look at the prestige of the school i go to and consider it?
May 22, 2008 @ 08:01 PM
peterclydepark

^^ really? i thought the only looked at if you were like top x percent of your school

DSLR Filmmakers, Need an affordable stabilizing system? Check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/911359208/steadi- shoulder

May 22, 2008 @ 08:13 PM
SK1

Pfft you guys working so hard to get into these schools...you're in for a world of disappointment if you have any sense. Take it from someone who got into one of the best schools in the nation.
May 22, 2008 @ 08:16 PM
peterclydepark

Pfft you guys working so hard to get into these schools...you're in for a world of disappointment if you have any sense. Take it from someone who got into one of the best schools in the nation.

where did you go

DSLR Filmmakers, Need an affordable stabilizing system? Check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/911359208/steadi- shoulder

May 22, 2008 @ 08:17 PM
Deemy

If you go to a private school, colleges will take that into consideration, since the curriculum is more rigorous than that of public school. If you go to one of the Top 20 Ranked high schools in America, you definitely have a better chance.
May 22, 2008 @ 09:18 PM
Lew

Yeah, they definitely take that into consideration. Are you taking any AP classes this/next year? Keep improving and make sure you do other things such as extra-curriculars to help push you into the pool.

yeah they will. I go to BC High (which is pretty well known around the Massachusetts area), and they take that into consideration. Especially if they're comparing you to some kid at the local public school who has the same GPA as you

On the AP thing, they do help a lot, only if you do well though. I changed my schedule for next year just a couple weeks ago to take 2 APs because I was worried about how it would affect me with out them.

man before this year i had an overall academic 1.8 gpa, i was a bad ass kid

now i changed this year and made honor roll with a 3.375 nomatter what i do it seems like i cant get into my college of choice (san diego state) i dont want to go to a 2 year university easier. its like im wasting my time and its to late for me to get better grades
May 22, 2008 @ 11:28 PM
Deemy

This is true and untrue at the same time. I've had plenty of amigos go to Thomas Jefferson( best public school in the US) who got into good schools because of its name, and the fact that they ARE overachievers. But for the most part, colleges pick you based on your ethnicity and the region you come from. As you know, Northern Virginia is over saturated with elite high schools and students, by an assload. As a result of that over population of "above average" scholars, colleges tend to decline admission to some people that far exceed the "norm requirement" average.

Yeah, a family friend went to TJ and attended Johns Hopkins (just graduated last year); her brother went to Gonzaga and then on to Coast Guard Academy. NOVA is all about elitism and nerds that get into UVA and WM. It's really competitive yet fun.

Universities try to find applicants of various ethnicities (especially Native American and Hispanics) to diversify their campus.
May 23, 2008 @ 12:03 AM
blee358

rutgers, syracuse, maryland. currently a rutgers student ya dig
May 23, 2008 @ 12:32 AM
SeanCK

anyone have any experience with transfering?? whats the word? say i wanted to transfer from BU to Columbia or NYU?
May 23, 2008 @ 12:39 AM
LOCHNESS

Dirty Jersey all day, I'll be at Rutgers next four years, Mason Gross school of the Arts.

And Snap, what do you have extra curicular? You good with those grades easy for Fordham. If you did stuff outside of school your good to go, I know it was my extra stuff that got me in everywhere I applied not the grades at all.

Don't stress about this stuff, nothing is worse than the kid who talks about college every day in class and is mad od about it, you'll end up where your meant to be...
May 23, 2008 @ 01:28 AM
-NegRepBandit

im applying for transfer this coming fall. im hoping to get into either sarah lawrence or fordham.
May 23, 2008 @ 01:40 AM
decadence

i dont want to go to a 2 year university easier. its like im wasting my time and its to late for me to get better grades

go to a junior college and transfer... that's what i'm doing. my tuition is $20/unit and after two years all of my units fully transfer to all CSUs and most UCs, can't go wrong with that
May 23, 2008 @ 06:54 AM
pnsho

Dirty Jersey all day, I'll be at Rutgers next four years, Mason Gross school of the Arts.

And Snap, what do you have extra curicular? You good with those grades easy for Fordham. If you did stuff outside of school your good to go, I know it was my extra stuff that got me in everywhere I applied not the grades at all.

Don't stress about this stuff, nothing is worse than the kid who talks about college every day in class and is mad od about it, you'll end up where your meant to be...

I have Rutgers on my list already.

Extra currics (in school):

Environmental/Science Club
Christian Service
Student Gov
Student Year Council
Electronic Music Club
Fencing
Newspaper
Business Staff
Asian Cultural Society
Hispanic Club (don't ask)
Stock Market Club
B-boy Club
Music Publication
Bookstore Staff
Diversity Committee
Black Panthers

(outside school):

Tennis team
Altar server at chuchhhh
Swim team
Soup kitchen volunteer
Lifeguard
Awakening Project (suicide awareness group)
May 23, 2008 @ 07:00 AM
damnwitless1

lol, dude you're such an overacheiver. BTW why can't you leave NY?

May 23, 2008 @ 07:03 AM
pnsho

The parentals won't let me.

And it's fucking weird 'cause if I get into NYU, she has to pay all 36,000 each year. The family income exceeds the average necessary for financial aid.
May 23, 2008 @ 08:24 AM
SK1

where did you go

Amherst. I dropped out but I got reinstated for this fall coming up, even though it will suck.

I'm already something like 30 grand in debt, after 2 years. When I study abroad it will be even more, probably graduate 70-80 grand in debt.

Let me say that the college experience is different for students depending on their family background and income. If you're a rich kid like OhSnap, then you probably won't mind these bs schools as much as I do.

Now if you're like me, going to a so called "top school" thats shit, and you're gonna be 80 grand in debt by the time you're 22, yeah, thats not cool.
May 23, 2008 @ 09:05 AM
koedog.

My plan is to go to St. Johns for 2 year sand transfer to NYU, hopefully it works out.

I am involved with a few extracurriculars so hopefully that'll give me an edge getting into college.

Does anyone know about the COAP program? career oppertunities in the accounting profession?

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

Please login first to reply.