FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
April 4, 2008 @ 10:32 PM
camthraxFHK

haha. I imagine you have an interesting history with higher education. That is if you really did go to a certain prestigious institution...
April 4, 2008 @ 10:35 PM
Killypants

^^^ what I'm trying to say is that selectivity doesn't correlate 1 to 1 with toughness, although our mothers might think so. I remember my mom had never heard of this place and was bitching me out for not applying to Georgetown.

I personally study economics and minor in Spanish literary studies. If you're into international relations, we are the only undergraduate institution with a semester at the UN in NYC. No model UN bs here. And fucking BARACK went here.

^truth.

my sister goes to georgetown in the school of foreign services (studying interpol/security and arabic) and i just visited it and i didn't like it really.
April 5, 2008 @ 02:03 AM
Nervex

^^^ Lol... But people are going to be wierded out when you tell them you went to a women's college. I didnt know men could go there. Anyhow, let the slaying begin.

We have 1, but I hate his bitch ass. He's homies with Bill Clinton and is a total Yale elitist bitch. He's also in laws with half the important foreign relations people out there. Fuck taking ambassador's classes, they don't teach you shit.

haha nah man its really chill and plus i wont be hanging out with them most of the time anyways..some homies since like birth are going to be moving in with me in westwood and were going to fucking rage HAHA ..

and it a very good nursing program so ya.. mursing is my style..mursing is me.. (still gets me cool )
April 5, 2008 @ 03:03 AM
LogIc

^are u sayin that ur goin to a skool that has 94% girls and ur not going to chill with them???..wtf
April 5, 2008 @ 07:19 AM
YoungAce816

I had a full ride at the Univ of Missouri, and got into Morehouse and a couple others...

but I work at a boutique, drink Grey Goose & smoke weed instead of college...

I'm leaning towards going back to finish my associate's tho.
April 5, 2008 @ 10:22 AM
SeanCK

nicqua i smoke weed and drink shit because im in college (sophmore)...

Depaul university as my safety school
Fordham as my other but they lost my app so depaul it is

thats unfortunate...how do u like depaul? and are you originally from the chi?
April 5, 2008 @ 11:17 AM
YoungAce816

nicqua i smoke weed and drink shit because im in college (sophmore)...

Depaul university as my safety school
Fordham as my other but they lost my app so depaul it is

nah I started buying alc my freshman yr of high school

I did both pretty heavy while I was at school, but I never liked school, so I stopped going to classes, then I stopped going to school all together...

the weed & alc had nothing to do with me not going, its just what I preferred to do instead of going...
April 5, 2008 @ 01:31 PM
Nervex

^are u sayin that ur goin to a skool that has 94% girls and ur not going to chill with them???..wtf

haha nah i am...i looked at this today and am laughing..i was definitely drinking when i posted that.. i mean i will chill with some obviously but its more so with the guys and girl im going to be living with

westwood is the spot..
May 1, 2008 @ 01:42 AM
pnsho

Bumpadump.

Anybody heard anything about Villanova? It's one of the schools on my list.
May 1, 2008 @ 02:04 AM
The510Kid

UCSB!

See you there

UCSB ftw
May 1, 2008 @ 02:16 AM
Obdeboondocks

Go Bears!
just found out today/yesterday afternoon. english major
May 1, 2008 @ 09:44 AM
pikafire69

I had a full ride at the Univ of Missouri, and got into Morehouse and a couple others...

but I work at a boutique, drink Grey Goose & smoke weed instead of college...

I'm leaning towards going back to finish my associate's tho.

my best friend goes to morehouse... he hates it. but he gets a full ride, so it's all good.
May 1, 2008 @ 09:46 AM
Scout Union

I went to AIU American Intercontinental University in ATL, but dropped out and started my business Scout Union and then Dobizo.com my full time career..smile

It lead me to become a internet entrepreneur. Sold my biggest site to date for more than $20,000 dollars.
May 1, 2008 @ 10:07 AM
M. Bones

For all those applying to NYU, a key factor believe it or not, is what you do outside of your classes, I got accepted and my grades were decent 89ish overall average, but I had a ton of community service/extracurricular activities under my belt (and I was technically a graduate by my junior year.) Advanced Courses FTW!

As for Pratt, I own a Brownstone real close by, and I must say... DO NOT sleep on the girls there. Plus you can cop some very high-grade shit from the people in there.

So besides NYU, I got into:

Morehouse (Full-Ride)
Wake Forest
Cornell
Georgia Tech
Georgia State (I chose this one)
NC A&T
SUNY Stonybrook

Unfortunately, i'm not in school for a semester due to frequent traveling to NY sad, but ill be back by the fall again.

But I say please choose a school you know your going to fit in, because I know a few people who left just because they could relate to the people there.
May 1, 2008 @ 10:55 AM
pnsho

For all those applying to NYU, a key factor believe it or not, is what you do outside of your classes, I got accepted and my grades were decent 89ish overall average, but I had a ton of community service/extracurricular activities under my belt (and I was technically a graduate by my junior year.) Advanced Courses FTW!

Mind naming some stuff you did?
May 1, 2008 @ 11:15 AM
M. Bones

Not a problem.

Stuff I did:
Bowling Team
Baseball Team
BBU (All mens, empowerment organization)
All About Business Group (Money Management group, featured on Black Enterprise Mag.)
5 Fashion Shows (2 Produced and Coordinated by me)
80+ Hours of Various Community Service
Youth Training for SAT/PSAT
Public Speaking at Various Events
Senior Committee
Yearbook Committee
One of my schools most known non-athletes. (Meaning, I was not a superstar athlete, but everyone still knew who I was.)
Created my own version of a "Senior Lounge" before its actual official implementation. (IE, brought my heavy ass xbox, Halo, Madden, and Phantom Dust, to school 3 times a week, took a school tv, and took over an un-used classroom so people can play games or spades or chill w/o wandering the halls.)
Implemented may changes throughout my school concerning policy, restrictions, and general "upgrades".

So much more stuff I can go on about, but thats like some keys highlights. Too bad most of those mean nothing on a resume.
May 1, 2008 @ 11:23 AM
pnsho

Well, you got into NYU, so it meant something.
May 1, 2008 @ 02:56 PM
James Bond 007

I got into all the colleges I applied for

Louisville
Kentucky
Xavier
May 2, 2008 @ 12:56 AM
JLASA

anyone here going somewhere for sports?
May 7, 2008 @ 12:16 AM
pnsho

Bump.

@ MBones

Did you really include all of that on your resume?

'Cause my counselor gave me this whole different resume for NYU.

And sidenote, what did you write your essay on?
May 7, 2008 @ 12:24 AM
fang

hey you *****s going to UCSB GET AT ME
May 7, 2008 @ 05:00 PM
M. Bones

No I didn't include all of it on my application but they did ask me about it on the interview.

As far as my essay goes, I don't have the slightest what I wrote for NYU, that was almost 2 years ago and it was one of the first essays I wrote for colleges. But I had almost 8 professionals review it before I submitted it.

BTW what school did/do you go to?
May 8, 2008 @ 01:12 AM
The510Kid

hey you *****s going to UCSB GET AT ME

UCSB class of 2012, whats good dude?
May 18, 2008 @ 10:02 PM
peterclydepark

ill be happy with BC or BU
but bing and fordham wouldnt be too bad

m bones whats your major?

DSLR Filmmakers, Need an affordable stabilizing system? Check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/911359208/steadi- shoulder

May 22, 2008 @ 04:11 PM
pnsho

I just got back my May SAT scores.

Fuck my life. No way I'm getting into NYU or Columbia for that matter.

I'm more angry at myself for getting a 640 in Writing, which I usually get 700+ every time easily.
May 22, 2008 @ 04:14 PM
peterclydepark

I just got back my May SAT scores.

Fuck my life. No way I'm getting into NYU or Columbia for that matter.

I'm more angry at myself for getting a 640 in Writing, which I usually get 700+ every time easily.

are you a senior? if not just take it in nov or so and only take the writing over (sleep through math and reading)
also with a 1930 you can go to like carnegie

DSLR Filmmakers, Need an affordable stabilizing system? Check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/911359208/steadi- shoulder

May 22, 2008 @ 04:18 PM
pnsho

These are my individual scores:

Math - 650
CR - 640
Writing - 640

Since most colleges don't count Writing, I only have a 1290, which is pretty fucking average.

I'm a junior, soon to be a senior. I'm def. taking it over in October, and sending in early app to NYU in November.
May 22, 2008 @ 04:23 PM
peterclydepark

These are my individual scores:

Math - 650
CR - 640
Writing - 640

Since most colleges don't count Writing, I only have a 1290, which is pretty fucking average.

I'm a junior, soon to be a senior. I'm def. taking it over in October, and sending in early app to NYU in November.

damn i took it in march and got
math- 650
CR- 470 (guessed most answer)
Writing- 430 (guessed most answer) essay (7/12 didnt try)
i was pretty amazed that i got those scores with guessing
I took it just to get the feel for it, like see questions etc etc
taking it in june then november or so

May 22, 2008 @ 04:25 PM
pnsho

I hear the June one is hella hard, but the curve is extreme. You can get 10 questions wrong in the Math section, and still get a perfect 800.

I have 2 SATIIs lined up for June, so I can't take the SAT until October. Fuck, imagine if they had a SAT test for July or August. I could just study right through and go in and rape it like a 60-year-old bebot.
May 22, 2008 @ 04:33 PM
SK1

Every college in the United States is a joke, don't believe the hype. This is all a business.

Please login first to reply.