FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
March 30, 2008 @ 08:06 PM
NelsS

Rutgers, The College of New Jersey, and NYU

hopefully heading to NYU in the fall if the aid is sufficient
March 30, 2008 @ 08:12 PM
NelsS

got into Savannah College of Art and Design

my brother goes there.
what are you going for?
March 30, 2008 @ 08:18 PM
estoybien

sucks you got declined from NYU, i remember hearing they're pretty selective b/c its a relatively prestigious school and they recieve a lot of applicants b/c it's in the city.
March 30, 2008 @ 08:19 PM
krn_zmb

UCSD UCI
March 30, 2008 @ 08:22 PM
SeanCK

shit a lot of columbia's, that schools fuckin hard to get into, my sister was offered a full ride to USC and got rejected from columbia..

i'm lookin at
Georgetown
Occidental
Pomona
USC
Bowdoin
Middlebury
Penn
Haverford

i got into to occidental with a nice aid package as well, im visiting in a couple weeks... whats the word with Occidental
March 30, 2008 @ 08:28 PM
Killypants

^its a really nice campus, the women are fine, and its really strong in liberal arts. but there are alot of hipsters from like portland and seattle who end up going there
March 30, 2008 @ 08:31 PM
SeanCK

^its a really nice campus, the women are fine, and its really strong in liberal arts. but there are alot of hipsters from like portland and seattle who end up going there

is it in LA, im confused about that...

fine women is nice
March 30, 2008 @ 10:33 PM
wolf32

Odu
March 30, 2008 @ 11:15 PM
Canvas08

UCSD UCI

where you gonna go? Im going to UCSD starting in the fall
March 31, 2008 @ 07:39 PM
get___ill

Niiggas from Pratt have been feeling bold lately and have started migrating into like Fort Greene and shit. I swear, all the places that I honestly believed would stay hipster-free zones are fucking infested with AA models all of a sudden...

haha i have a feeling an anti-gentrification and/or anti-hipster serial killer is going to pop up in brooklyn.

anyways, community college for now, i intend to transfer to UCSB or Rutgers for Pharmacology.
March 31, 2008 @ 07:46 PM
$nack$

out to the store
March 31, 2008 @ 08:27 PM
camthraxFHK

University of San Francisco
University of Colorado Boulder
University of Oregon

This kid wants to have a good time... All these schools are chill as fuck.

^ it is a HSBC

HBCU smh...

Got into Pratt, City College, Baruch, all the SUNY's blah blah blah, still waiting on Cooper Union.

My sister got into pratt

shit a lot of columbia's, that schools fuckin hard to get into, my sister was offered a full ride to USC and got rejected from columbia..

i'm lookin at
Georgetown
Occidental
Pomona
USC
Bowdoin
Middlebury
Penn
Haverford

i got into to occidental with a nice aid package as well, im visiting in a couple weeks... whats the word with Occidental

OXY FTW. Word is that oxy is in LA and offers a pretty damn good education, trust me... Classes are challenging and this place is a good mix between an urban school and a traditional campus. No one commutes and everyone lives on or right by campus, but at the same time we're right in the middle of LA.

lol wtf hipsters from portland? There are like ten... max. This is the 3rd most diverse liberal arts school in the country.

If you two have any more questions, just PM me. I love this place and love talking about it even more.
March 31, 2008 @ 10:18 PM
Killypants

Oy cam you at OXY?

yeah its a good school, its a little lax and not as incredibly rigorous as some of the others on my list but its for shhhhure a chill place
March 31, 2008 @ 10:41 PM
fang

UCSB!

me too, see you there
March 31, 2008 @ 10:48 PM
camthraxFHK

Oy cam you at OXY?

yeah its a good school, its a little lax and not as incredibly prestigious as some of the others on my list but its for shhhhure a chill place

FIXED. Don't get the attitude that just because you might be in the top 25% of your incoming class that this shit isnt going to be hard. Don't let the exclusivity circle jerk get to your head. It'll kill your motivation forever if you don't get those first three choices. Lol, most of your friends next year at orientation are going to be telling the same "well I wanted to go to Georgetown or Amherst, but I got wait-listed" stories, while the kids who are like "I was going to go to UCLA, but I wanted smaller classes and a better chance of admission to a top med school," or "I got into Brown, but I wanted to get the hell out of New England" kick your ass in class while having a better time than you.

What do you want to study though?
April 3, 2008 @ 06:38 PM
Grand Hussla

did you get in, or just decided not to apply?

sorry so late.
i didn't apply or anything, i dont know why they
started sending me things but they did.
April 3, 2008 @ 07:02 PM
FreshAddict

I've been accepted to
University of Toronto (obviously in Toronto)
York University (Toronto)
McMaster University (Hamilton, Ontario)

I'm probably gonna go to UofT but I might do an extra year of high school to figure out what I wanna do...
April 3, 2008 @ 08:23 PM
Phlipstar

Good Luck with Cooper Union man. Thats a ridiculously hard art institution to get into.

I was going to do the whole art school thing but I really didn't want to miss out on the whole college experience just for art school you know what I mean?

I heard if your in Cooper Union, its basically a full scholoarship b/c my friends older brother goes there... and yes he was crazy smart (valedictorian at his HS with something like a 103 average)

But yea anyways, why does it seem everyone wants to go to NYU... are yall muthafukas looking at the whole picture (as in costs per semester b/c NYU is expensive as fuck).
April 3, 2008 @ 09:10 PM
NelsS

But yea anyways, why does it seem everyone wants to go to NYU... are yall muthafukas looking at the whole picture (as in costs per semester b/c NYU is expensive as fuck).

good question, it is the most applied to college (over 37,000 this year alone). im guessing it's location and academics. its doable. and liberal.
but expensive as fuck. and the aid isn't terrific. but i'm going. and will graduate with massive debt smile
April 3, 2008 @ 09:21 PM
Free Agent

I've been accepted to
University of Toronto (obviously in Toronto)
York University (Toronto)
McMaster University (Hamilton, Ontario)

I'm probably gonna go to UofT but I might do an extra year of high school to figure out what I wanna do...

Might i suggest taking a year off just to work and figure things out. If you've already been accepted into the University of Toronto then there is no need to mess around with another year of high school; build up some funds so you have a nice ammount to live off.
April 3, 2008 @ 09:39 PM
ice13water

id be happy if i get into baruch

but i really hope i get into oxford
April 3, 2008 @ 10:19 PM
FreshAddict

Might i suggest taking a year off just to work and figure things out. If you've already been accepted into the University of Toronto then there is no need to mess around with another year of high school; build up some funds so you have a nice ammount to live off.

I know what you're saying but I think I want to take some more courses I didn't have the opportunity to take during my 4 years to try to test things out and figure out what the hell I wanna do with myself. I've considered taking the year off but I think I would just end up lonely and depressed lol. Maybe I'll end up just doing a semester and working for a semester, I'm not sure, I'm kinda clueless at this point...lol
April 3, 2008 @ 10:36 PM
camthraxFHK

^^^ ouch. can you not enter university in Canada as an undeclared? Like do you have to apply to a course of study?
April 3, 2008 @ 11:15 PM
Killypants

FIXED. Don't get the attitude that just because you might be in the top 25% of your incoming class that this shit isnt going to be hard. Don't let the exclusivity circle jerk get to your head. It'll kill your motivation forever if you don't get those first three choices. Lol, most of your friends next year at orientation are going to be telling the same "well I wanted to go to Georgetown or Amherst, but I got wait-listed" stories, while the kids who are like "I was going to go to UCLA, but I wanted smaller classes and a better chance of admission to a top med school," or "I got into Brown, but I wanted to get the hell out of New England" kick your ass in class while having a better time than you.

What do you want to study though?

naw dude i dont want to come off as a pretentious bitch but i mean if i do get into some of the tougher colleges on my list thats where i'll probably end up going. but i visited oxy and love it so its up there.

i plan on double-majoring in political science and foreign relations (if offered) and minor in a foreign language (probably spanish or french). you?
April 4, 2008 @ 12:54 AM
camthraxFHK

^^^ what I'm trying to say is that selectivity doesn't correlate 1 to 1 with toughness, although our mothers might think so. I remember my mom had never heard of this place and was bitching me out for not applying to Georgetown.

I personally study economics and minor in Spanish literary studies. If you're into international relations, we are the only undergraduate institution with a semester at the UN in NYC. No model UN bs here. And fucking BARACK went here.
April 4, 2008 @ 07:05 AM
pnsho

Pretty much. And I'm jumping for Stern Business School, so of course it's gonna be fucking expensive.

And I heard that Stern isn't that great at all. Anybody know for sure?
April 4, 2008 @ 10:55 AM
Ed.Hooligan

University of Illinois @ Chicago my nigars, rrrra rah.

I got accepted to Columbia at college but I didn't wanna go there.

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

April 4, 2008 @ 10:57 AM
SeanCK

University of Illinois @ Chicago my nigars, rrrra rah.

I got accepted to Columbia at college but I didn't wanna go there.

chi city!!!
April 4, 2008 @ 12:18 PM
Nervex

jus got accepted to mt saint marys college ..transferring there in the fall.

can't beat 94 percent women (private college )
April 4, 2008 @ 03:09 PM
camthraxFHK

^^^ Lol... But people are going to be wierded out when you tell them you went to a women's college. I didnt know men could go there. Anyhow, let the slaying begin.

Georgetown has 4 former ambassadors working there if i can recall.

We have 1, but I hate his bitch ass. He's homies with Bill Clinton and is a total Yale elitist bitch. He's also in laws with half the important foreign relations people out there. Fuck taking ambassador's classes, they don't teach you shit.

Please login first to reply.