Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
April 3, 2012 @ 12:59 AM
Legit Shit

dearcoquette.com

Dope. There's nothing like reading the writings of an intelligent person

upthefunk

April 3, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
Specification

It's kinda weird seeing this serious side of Omar. Usually most of your posts consist of OYO nigga this, suss that. Most of the time I don't even understand the ebonics.

To be honest I think it would be cool if we had a Dear Omar thread, fellow HB'ers could vent to you instead of flaming each other over the forums.
April 3, 2012 @ 01:16 AM
Legit Shit

Lol. Y'all really surprised? Buddy's dropped a few knowledge bombs before. We have a few cats on the board that are good at this. A few meaning, like, 2 ..

upthefunk

April 3, 2012 @ 01:29 AM
DATSHTKRAY

Always knew Buddy was a wise fucker, put that lyrical work in on your tracks.
April 3, 2012 @ 01:32 AM
mojo

masturbate

xx

April 3, 2012 @ 04:31 AM
ignorantian

goddam buddyomar realist nigga i wanna peep your works too post them shits in a thread or something man. #BBOD

shit you're like dearcoquette.com or some shit man u shud do something like that.

If niggas genuinely want me to, sure bruh. I often make threads to try and make niggas laugh but if yall want me to actually do more of this real nigga shit on a consistent basis I wouldn't mind.

I could definitely do something like coquette bitch too. Appreciate the feedback big homie.

do it. i sincerely wanna read some of your shit. i'd be down to put shit up to, ive been trying to write a little here and there too since im an english major and am taking writing classes. i know we used to have a thread like that but idk where it is
April 3, 2012 @ 06:26 AM
BuddyOmar

goddam buddyomar realist nigga i wanna peep your works too post them shits in a thread or something man. #BBOD

shit you're like dearcoquette.com or some shit man u shud do something like that.

If niggas genuinely want me to, sure bruh. I often make threads to try and make niggas laugh but if yall want me to actually do more of this real nigga shit on a consistent basis I wouldn't mind.

I could definitely do something like coquette bitch too. Appreciate the feedback big homie.

do it. i sincerely wanna read some of your shit. i'd be down to put shit up to, ive been trying to write a little here and there too since im an english major and am taking writing classes. i know we used to have a thread like that but idk where it is

Fuck it. We gotta have an Official Hypebeast Creative Writing thread or some shit. Good luck with your English major bruh. I liked english but ain't no way I am majoring in that shit. Def gonna minor in creative writing or film maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

April 3, 2012 @ 06:37 AM
ignorantian

ha i feel you. i dont know what the fuck i wanna do with my life but the only subject in school i every honestly enjoyed was english so i just said fuck it and figured i might as well major in something i enjoy. but yeah i want to take some more creative writing courses in the future.
but fo sho you should start that thread up.
April 3, 2012 @ 06:45 AM
BuddyOmar

ha i feel you. i dont know what the fuck i wanna do with my life but the only subject in school i every honestly enjoyed was english so i just said fuck it and figured i might as well major in something i enjoy. but yeah i want to take some more creative writing courses in the future.
but fo sho you should start that thread up.

Thy will be done.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

April 3, 2012 @ 06:49 AM
BuddyOmar

Buddy sorry for your loss, I saw my dad have his last breath 3 months ago (late janurary) plus one of my closest cousin passed away August of 2011 (8 months ago), 1 week before his 21st birthday. All this happened to me while I was starting my first semester (August of 2011). Couldn't focus in class and couldn't leave my house for shit. I became paranoid for my health and life. I'm still trying to get my life together and as corny as it sounds, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I started going to the gym to blow off some steam and I'm seeing some results and I'm starting to feel good about my life. Hanging out with close friends and family who always brought my spirits up. (You should always talk to someone when you feel like shit to vent and get things cleared off your mind. )

Always be optimistic and never stress little things. I use to get ticked off a bit for simple stuff that did not matter, but once I had to bury 2 family members in the span of 5 months, I learned to appreciate everything you got. I'm glad I had a father because I know a lot of people who didn't have a father. I'm glad I had an awesome cousin who was like an older brother I never had. Dude taught me how to play ball, carry myself, talk to girls and be funny.

Had to log in and speak my mind abit sorry if it seems like I'm rambling

Thanks man. I'm sorry as well homie. Totally feel you on not stressing the little things. I'm kind of at peace with it a little more now but yeah man some days are easier than others. Very, very, very hard to look back on memories and good times with out getting teary eyed.

April 3, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
ignorantian

Buddy sorry for your loss, I saw my dad have his last breath 3 months ago (late janurary) plus one of my closest cousin passed away August of 2011 (8 months ago), 1 week before his 21st birthday. All this happened to me while I was starting my first semester (August of 2011). Couldn't focus in class and couldn't leave my house for shit. I became paranoid for my health and life. I'm still trying to get my life together and as corny as it sounds, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I started going to the gym to blow off some steam and I'm seeing some results and I'm starting to feel good about my life. Hanging out with close friends and family who always brought my spirits up. (You should always talk to someone when you feel like shit to vent and get things cleared off your mind. )

Always be optimistic and never stress little things. I use to get ticked off a bit for simple stuff that did not matter, but once I had to bury 2 family members in the span of 5 months, I learned to appreciate everything you got. I'm glad I had a father because I know a lot of people who didn't have a father. I'm glad I had an awesome cousin who was like an older brother I never had. Dude taught me how to play ball, carry myself, talk to girls and be funny.

Thanks man. I'm sorry as well homie. Totally feel you on not stressing the little things. I'm kind of at peace with it a little more now but yeah man some days are easier than others. Very, very, very hard to look back on memories and good times with out getting teary eyed.

Can't believe you're only 18, no homo. You sound old as fuck in your songs lol and by the wisdom you were dropping I would have guessed you were much older. You still in high school then?
April 3, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
BuddyOmar

Can't believe you're only 18, no homo. You sound old as fuck in your songs lol and by the wisdom you were dropping I would have guessed you were much older. You still in high school then?

Nah fam freshman in community college. I was going to St. John's Univ. in NYC for Film/TV production but I didn't want to pay all those loans. My math grades kind of held me back from getting any serious financial aid/scholarships. Right now I'm going to get my Associate of the Arts and transfer so I won't be in as much debt. Might transfer to somewhere in NYC though. Where you go to school at?

April 3, 2012 @ 07:01 AM
ignorantian

Nah fam freshman in community college. I was going to St. John's Univ. in NYC for Film/TV production but I didn't want to pay all those loans. My math grades kind of held me back from getting any serious financial aid/scholarships. Right now I'm going to get my Associate of the Arts and transfer so I won't be in as much debt. Might transfer to somewhere in NYC though. Where you go to school at?

I'm also a freshman at a community college. Just in the town in Idaho I have lived in since ~2003. I'm from Cali originally though and recently decided I need a change in my life so I am gonna move back there and try and go to a comm. college down there and work hard enough to get into a good univ. in southern california. Money is an issue for me too though. I'm fortunate enough to be going for free right now from all the scholarships and aide but I haven't looked much in to if and how that carries over if I were to transfer so idk.
April 3, 2012 @ 07:08 AM
BuddyOmar

I'm also a freshman at a community college. Just in the town in Idaho I have lived in since ~2003. I'm from Cali originally though and recently decided I need a change in my life so I am gonna move back there and try and go to a comm. college down there and work hard enough to get into a good univ. in southern california. Money is an issue for me too though. I'm fortunate enough to be going for free right now from all the scholarships and aide but I haven't looked much in to if and how that carries over if I were to transfer so idk.

I smell you fam. Same situation with the school. Also try and do some internships and shit on the side. If you want to get into writing build up your samples as well. Once you get that degree you'll be gucci. Then it comes down to how hard you hustle.

April 3, 2012 @ 07:13 AM
ignorantian

I smell you fam. Same situation with the school. Also try and do some internships and shit on the side. If you want to get into writing build up your samples as well. Once you get that degree you'll be gucci. Then it comes down to how hard you hustle.

Definitely. I've been networking and shit in regards to other interests of mine just trying to figure it my future. But thanks for the knowledge, Buddy. Like I said, can't wait to read some of your work.
April 3, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
BuddyOmar

Definitely. I've been networking and shit in regards to other interests of mine just trying to figure it my future. But thanks for the knowledge, Buddy. Like I said, can't wait to read some of your work.

Down the road I definitely will, sir.

April 3, 2012 @ 08:01 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

April 3, 2012 @ 02:58 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

depression is a state of mind, learn to control your state of mind and depression stops being a problem. From an individual standpoint I feel like it's difficult for any intellectual to put the critical analysis to rest and just focus on soaking up positivity, but that's the main thing I've realized in recent years, the day to day work of being a human is just that, to maintain a positive vibe in one's cypher, because if you don't got that, you're a loser, simple.

At the end of the day, things can very easily be organized into "positive" and "negative" things because the only person it HAS to be true for is you, and the search of one's own sphere of positivity is a big and challenging task in and of itself that it will distract you from whatever is bothering you.

Plus hard work. Find whatever you're good at and work HARD AS FUCK at it until you die and you'll never be depressed again.

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

April 3, 2012 @ 06:32 PM
Unreachable

Omar, you funny as fuck. I can't lie. But that real talk you just dropped was on some real shit. Thanks bruh

Please login first to reply.