Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 19, 2008 @ 08:29 PM
ANDY MIAMI

read the bible.
March 19, 2008 @ 08:46 PM
isellcrack

need I say it?

X-A-N-A-X
March 19, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
Savvy

damn man sorry to hear about your depression..as you might know i deal with anxiety and panic attacks so depression is part of the deal as well..i wouldnt resort to taking any prescription drugs as they can become highly addictive and you will become dependant on them..if you ever wanna talk just hit me up..i been dealing w/ it for about a year now and its getting better..it was very hard to deal with initially and it helps talking to people that can relate.
March 19, 2008 @ 09:41 PM
ABGoHard

i could tell cause u got ur username like tht with no spaces n ish.

What da fuck that mean?
April 2, 2012 @ 06:55 PM

Inactive

going through some shit like this too. sucks ass.
April 2, 2012 @ 07:24 PM

Inactive

lol, everybody was so nice back in the day. First page is comedy, compared to how they act now.
April 2, 2012 @ 07:30 PM
ignorantian

lol, everybody was so nice back in the day. First page is comedy, compared to how they act now.

ha everyone is so ruthless now. bunch of cutthroats
April 2, 2012 @ 07:45 PM
Lucasj

Why didn't anyone suggest changing ur diet? Sometimes the cure is simple.

"aye you were looking mad fine in that purple swag video girl, that grill was pifff" - Anonymous

April 2, 2012 @ 08:13 PM

Inactive

rt though anyone have any advice? i been feeling mad mediocre/worthless lately
April 2, 2012 @ 08:23 PM
Trollinator

best advice is go run and exercise and go OUTSIDE and stay off HB.

literally

I want to see the world burn

April 2, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
BuddyOmar

Put things in perspective. If you have a goal that you want to work toward actually take the steps to achieve it.

Remember some people's aspirations are different. Some people out in rural Mongolia will become nothing more than goat herders or nomadic farmers. In these cultures, that is a cherished and honored tradition. Our culture unfortunately makes it out that if you're not popular and rich, you're an utter failure. Don't let the pressures of society determine your self worth or lack thereof.

If you've ever seen "The Wire" there's a great quote in it. "Life is the things we do while we wait for moments that never come."

It means don't be so cerebral. Don't be so caught up in your head about everything. Do whatever you love to do day in and day out. If your daily routine is playing WoW all day or going out for a run and studying--whatever it is, doesn't matter-- do it but don't forget to work on your goals if you have any. We as people don't have total control of our fate/future so it's important to remember that often times what ends up happening isn't how we foresaw it.

I would also say if you're feeling worthless you have to ask yourself: why do I feel worthless? Is it because society tells me I am worthless? Is it myself telling myself I am worthless? It's kind of paradoxical but it's almost a case of narcissism. We deem ourselves so important that we are certainly worthless if we don't perform to the highest of standards all the time. You're a human being, man. You're not perfect and you never will be. Understand your flaws and find a way to work around them if possible. However, remember there is legitimate difference between clinical depression and extraneous societal/culturally induced depression. One requires re-balancing of certain chemicals and the other requires elucidation through introspective thought.

I felt like writing all this shit because I too dealt with depression for a while recently. My dad died like a month ago and I didn't know how to deal with it at first. It's important that you never make excuses no matter the hardship you face. I know there's people out there who have it way worse--disfigured, loss of limbs, entire family dead, orphaned etc.--so I can't be so narcissistic and say "Woe is me" and use my dad's death as excuse for why I can settle for mediocrity. Whatever your reason is, neither should you.

Besides that I suggest becoming more proactive. Discover your gift work on it etc. If you like music, play music in your free time. If you like writing, write in your free time. I like to write so for me, it's cathartic to be able to express what's on my mind through writing. Maybe you have a give for being compassionate and understanding people's pains and hardships. Perhaps try volunteering and help out young kids who need someone to look up to.

But ultimately, never compare yourself to other people. Stop going on Facebook and surrounding yourself with negative, ignorant, and narcissistic people. Focus only on yourself, your friends (if you have any) your family (if you have any) and remember to never make any excuses.

Tldr: #BUDDYWIZDOM #BUDDYBRIGAYDE #OYYOY

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

April 2, 2012 @ 08:53 PM
Enryu

suspended

^Fucking good post I needed that. Sorry for your lost b.
April 2, 2012 @ 09:06 PM

Inactive

word up thanks omar. drop your email i got some songs for you
April 2, 2012 @ 09:07 PM
BuddyOmar

word up thanks omar. drop your email i got some songs for you

wuzgoodielenox@gmail.com

What you want me to do with the songs fam?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

April 2, 2012 @ 09:10 PM

Inactive

just listen to them b. critique them enjoy do whatever you want
April 2, 2012 @ 09:17 PM
Trollinator

Put things in perspective. If you have a goal that you want to work toward actually take the steps to achieve it.

Remember some people's aspirations are different. Some people out in rural Mongolia will become nothing more than goat herders or nomadic farmers. In these cultures, that is a cherished and honored tradition. Our culture unfortunately makes it out that if you're not popular and rich, you're an utter failure. Don't let the pressures of society determine your self worth or lack thereof.

If you've ever seen "The Wire" there's a great quote in it. "Life is the things we do while we wait for moments that never come."

It means don't be so cerebral. Don't be so caught up in your head about everything. Do whatever you love to do day in and day out. If your daily routine is playing WoW all day or going out for a run and studying--whatever it is, doesn't matter-- do it but don't forget to work on your goals if you have any. We as people don't have total control of our fate/future so it's important to remember that often times what ends up happening isn't how we foresaw it.

I would also say if you're feeling worthless you have to ask yourself: why do I feel worthless? Is it because society tells me I am worthless? Is it myself telling myself I am worthless? It's kind of paradoxical but it's almost a case of narcissism. We deem ourselves so important that we are certainly worthless if we don't perform to the highest of standards all the time. You're a human being, man. You're not perfect and you never will be. Understand your flaws and find a way to work around them if possible. However, remember there is legitimate difference between clinical depression and extraneous societal/culturally induced depression. One requires re-balancing of certain chemicals and the other requires elucidation through introspective thought.

I felt like writing all this shit because I too dealt with depression for a while recently. My dad died like a month ago and I didn't know how to deal with it at first. It's important that you never make excuses no matter the hardship you face. I know there's people out there who have it way worse--disfigured, loss of limbs, entire family dead, orphaned etc.--so I can't be so narcissistic and say "Woe is me" and use my dad's death as excuse for why I can settle for mediocrity. Whatever your reason is, neither should you.

Besides that I suggest becoming more proactive. Discover your gift work on it etc. If you like music, play music in your free time. If you like writing, write in your free time. I like to write so for me, it's cathartic to be able to express what's on my mind through writing. Maybe you have a give for being compassionate and understanding people's pains and hardships. Perhaps try volunteering and help out young kids who need someone to look up to.

But ultimately, never compare yourself to other people. Stop going on Facebook and surrounding yourself with negative, ignorant, and narcissistic people. Focus only on yourself, your friends (if you have any) your family (if you have any) and remember to never make any excuses.

Best thing I read all this year long from HB.

also remember to stay away from HB in the meantime.

I want to see the world burn

April 2, 2012 @ 09:28 PM

Inactive

I don't know who hides behind your av and your screen, but you write some good shit man.
April 2, 2012 @ 09:34 PM

Inactive

i need some xanax bars.

I'm seriously depressed, sleep anxiety, everything.

med. dp tnf/400+fees. hmu

April 2, 2012 @ 09:51 PM
kbos

Great post. I frequently think nearly these exact thoughts in my own head, of course in my own words... I don't know if I could ever express it so well myself. Still, even with this inspiration I feel depressed day in and day out. I let the little things in life get to me, and I try several methods to control it but it always manifests itself in some way at some point and trys to pull me under. I have been depressed nearly my whole life, and i've felt like a bitch for it. The problem is chemical, and meds have helped in the past but I always stop taking them, under the fear that it is distorting my natural being in an unnatural way. Other reasons include side-effects or the shit simply not working. If anybody has any ideas on dealing with depression under circumstances similar to mine it would be much appreciated.
April 2, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

Inactive

BuddyOmar the next Tony Robbins.

Seriously, think about being a life coach.

If not, consider publishing some material, I know a few script writers who love what they do.
April 2, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

Inactive

Get in touch with nature, go to the ocean, go hiking, eat fruit, be around animals.
Straight up. The way we're living these days (on the net) are the reason we feel like shit.
April 2, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
ignorantian

Omar fucks around on here so much that its kinda weird when he drops knowledge lol. But that was some of the realest shit I have read on here dude. Sorry to hear about your pops but it sounds like you got your shit together and you are handling it well.
What do you write? Like poetry or stories or what? I'd love to read some of it bruh. I enjoy reading written works by my peers.
April 2, 2012 @ 10:52 PM
backlikethat

shoooottttttttttt

got rejected from every college
a girl i thought i knew and had feelings for is pimpin my own boys
broke as hell
parents nagging me about how im a failure

gotta get out of here and explore new parts of the world chea!
April 2, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
BuddyOmar

Omar fucks around on here so much that its kinda weird when he drops knowledge lol. But that was some of the realest shit I have read on here dude. Sorry to hear about your pops but it sounds like you got your shit together and you are handling it well.
What do you write? Like poetry or stories or what? I'd love to read some of it bruh. I enjoy reading written works by my peers.

I intern for an online publication that's moving on up. I write a lot of stories for them. I also work as a freelance writer for an internet start-up. Also in my spare time I write a lot of fiction as well. Like short stories and novelistic type writing. I'm actually putting together a manuscript to send out to some publishers. I'm doing school at the same time so I try to balance everything evenly. I'm definitely going to delve into screen writing as well. I'd definitely let you peep some of the early drafts of ideas that I have. I have a very, very unique concept i'm working on but I want to keep it under wraps until it's ready. I was thinking about going to a workshop at NYU or The New School up in NYC just to sharpen my skills.

I'm only an 18 year old dude, but yes, I guess I kind of made peace with it a little bit.

BuddyOmar the next Tony Robbins.

Seriously, think about being a life coach.

If not, consider publishing some material, I know a few script writers who love what they do.

I've considered it. I definitely think I could try and make some bank off of it. I love helping people and writing so who knows, maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea.

I appreciate all the well wishes though yall. A nigga most def appreciates the support.

Btw Big D i gotchu bruh.

April 2, 2012 @ 11:55 PM
Based Sherane

AYO, on the real thanks buddy for this. Last three months have been rough for me, so its nice to read something that keeps my level headed every once in awhile.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168849/

April 3, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
sirloin

I mostly lurk these parts of the forum, but that was real as fuck man. Respect.
April 3, 2012 @ 12:21 AM
sharky

goddam buddyomar realist nigga i wanna peep your works too post them shits in a thread or something man. #BBOD

shit you're like dearcoquette.com or some shit man u shud do something like that.
April 3, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
MVRCUS

Didn't expect this from Bri frm Chi, the illest shoe game on hb.. but damn... we're only human.. you've seen and done more than me so I can't preach to you about shit... a wise man once told me "the character of a man is not derived from material success, but overcame adversities." we all face adversities in life breh, how you gonna handle yours?
April 3, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
woozie

Buddy sorry for your loss, I saw my dad have his last breath 3 months ago (late janurary) plus one of my closest cousin passed away August of 2011 (8 months ago), 1 week before his 21st birthday. All this happened to me while I was starting my first semester (August of 2011). Couldn't focus in class and couldn't leave my house for shit. I became paranoid for my health and life. I'm still trying to get my life together and as corny as it sounds, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I started going to the gym to blow off some steam and I'm seeing some results and I'm starting to feel good about my life. Hanging out with close friends and family who always brought my spirits up. (You should always talk to someone when you feel like shit to vent and get things cleared off your mind. )

Always be optimistic and never stress little things. I use to get ticked off a bit for simple stuff that did not matter, but once I had to bury 2 family members in the span of 5 months, I learned to appreciate everything you got. I'm glad I had a father because I know a lot of people who didn't have a father. I'm glad I had an awesome cousin who was like an older brother I never had. Dude taught me how to play ball, carry myself, talk to girls and be funny.

Had to log in and speak my mind abit sorry if it seems like I'm rambling
April 3, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
BuddyOmar

goddam buddyomar realist nigga i wanna peep your works too post them shits in a thread or something man. #BBOD

shit you're like dearcoquette.com or some shit man u shud do something like that.

If niggas genuinely want me to, sure bruh. I often make threads to try and make niggas laugh but if yall want me to actually do more of this real nigga shit on a consistent basis I wouldn't mind.

I could definitely do something like coquette bitch too. Appreciate the feedback big homie.

Please login first to reply.