Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 21, 2008 @ 12:34 PM
K BOOG

this 70 year old just came into my work. chatting about how expensive ticket prices are for the tigers, lions, red wings. ask him if he ever goes to pistons games and he says to me 'hell no, bunch of 'ni**ers' bouncing a ball around' and says someone gave him seats once and replied to the man 'you better give those tickets to a 'ni**er'. i'd rather throw them in the trash then go watch 'ni**ers' run around"

i sat there with a stunned look on my face for 15 seconds. kind of akwardly looked at him and said 'bye'.

wow.

its disgusting people in 2008 still talk like this to people they dont know. its disgusting people still think like this. and act and talk like this. grow up. your 70. keep your opinons to yourself. I dont want to hear that trash.
January 21, 2008 @ 12:38 PM
pnsho

There's ignorance all around. I particularly despise how much ignorance there is around me, even within my own family. For example, my parents are disgusted when they see black people on the street with the saggy jeans and whatnot.

And then they have the nerve to ask me why I listen to 'black music.' It's really pathetic that they've been here for so long and yet never opened their eyes.
tommyroks

^ lets not go into this whole racism shit but its all around us. One time i was in the train this old fat miserable white lady told a asian lady to go back to her country and she is a us citizen that she has MORE right to be here than her.
JKISSI

lol its always gonna be like this son nothing new.. doesnt really matter what day it is lol
January 21, 2008 @ 12:40 PM
James Bond 007

lol Its not just MLK day, its everyday.
January 21, 2008 @ 12:41 PM
soleFLY

word so u fine with racism on any other day ? lol jk
but theres always gonna be hate in the world
January 21, 2008 @ 12:43 PM
!OhYesHeDid!

damn kid thats messed up. you did the right thing by combatting his ignorance with kindness.

i hate to say this, but racism truly want go away till the kids from the 40's 50's and 60's generation dies. Its those groups who really are keeping it alive.
January 21, 2008 @ 12:49 PM
K BOOG

obviously i wanted to say something/do something but he's a good customer and i cant lose my job because i wanted to cuss and ignorant person out.
January 21, 2008 @ 12:57 PM
MisfitProdigy

not true about the 50's and 60's and whatever age thing, because racist raise racist, and the child may either break away and say fuck you, or they may be like "fuck you ******s WHITE POWER" or whatever.

also people will always judge on race.
January 21, 2008 @ 01:05 PM
Stylars

dude look at his age. obviously he's still stuck in a different time.

So true.
January 21, 2008 @ 01:21 PM
steveee

the guy is on his way out anyway, so he is not changing anytime soon.

OBAMA 08 !
January 21, 2008 @ 01:29 PM
Christdawg

I use to go to this Italian Butcher shop around my way to get this tasty Steak sandwich and one time while i was in there the Mets were playing the Yankees and me being a Yankee fan in Queens i get alot of shit so this guy(butcher) not knowing i was spanish goes "One time my son won Tkts to Yankee stadium and we went up there and i swear to God i thought one of these Dirty Spics were gonna steal my sons Mitt". Im usually very confrontational but i was so stuck and awe struck by it that i didnt say shit but never went back to that Butcher shop.
January 21, 2008 @ 01:31 PM
magneticman

dude look at his age. obviously he's still stuck in a different time.

Thank you, when someone is that old you cannot change their views, believe me i have tried.
January 21, 2008 @ 01:40 PM
steveee

I use to go to this Italian Butcher shop around my way to get this tasty Steak sandwich and one time while i was in there the Mets were playing the Yankees and me being a Yankee fan in Queens i get alot of shit so this guy(butcher) not knowing i was spanish goes "One time my son won Tkts to Yankee stadium and we went up there and i swear to God i thought one of these Dirty Spics were gonna steal my sons Mitt". Im usually very confrontational but i was so stuck and awe struck by it that i didnt say shit but never went back to that Butcher shop.

how are you a yankee fan, where is your borough pride?? but that is fucked up man.
January 21, 2008 @ 01:47 PM
That Kat

your right, you kept your opinions to yourself and your just as old as he is.
January 21, 2008 @ 02:24 PM
johnnyxbl4ze

i remember an old white lady, as me and my mom (we're korean) were walking into a grocery store, said "Go back to your country you f****ing terrorists." We look nothing like terrorists, straight up korean people.. i would understand if it was chinese or japanese or something but we just walked away confused laughing about it
January 21, 2008 @ 05:05 PM
kid_fromhk

i remember an old white lady, as me and my mom (we're korean) were walking into a grocery store, said "Go back to your country you f****ing terrorists." We look nothing like terrorists, straight up korean people.. i would understand if it was chinese or japanese or something but we just walked away confused laughing about it

how is it understandable if it was chinese or japs???
January 21, 2008 @ 05:10 PM
Imperial

Atleast he didnt want to waste the ticket, and wanted a N!GGER to have it.
January 21, 2008 @ 05:16 PM
James Bond 007

All of this hate on blacks is jealousy. Whites wish they had our churches, our culture, our music (remember blacks invented virtually all American music), our style, and our confidence no matter what the fuck anyone says.

I really doubt you were, but if you were being serious, thank you mr. ignorance.
January 21, 2008 @ 05:30 PM
FearItSelf

lol its always gonna be like this son nothing new.. doesnt really matter what day it is lol

I dont think it is always going to be like this. Just think about the work that has been done to get african americans from slavery to just being oppressed to the end of segregation and voting rights. I think that racism has come so far that there is hope for it to subside almost entirely. THe older generations are dieing off and the younger generations are here left to pick up. I know that my grandparents are racist as hell, but my parents aren't. I am not. And I am certain that my future children won't be. I think there is hope for a better world, but I do think that racism will be strong for a long time to people of the islamic faith
January 21, 2008 @ 05:34 PM
Lifted.

nothing is perfect. there will always be hate in the world.

just look at the ending to The Kingdom
January 21, 2008 @ 06:49 PM
grug01

I dont think it is always going to be like this. Just think about the work that has been done to get african americans from slavery to just being oppressed to the end of segregation and voting rights. I think that racism has come so far that there is hope for it to subside almost entirely. THe older generations are dieing off and the younger generations are here left to pick up. I know that my grandparents are racist as hell, but my parents aren't. I am not. And I am certain that my future children won't be. I think there is hope for a better world, but I do think that racism will be strong for a long time to people of the islamic faith

I don't think that's really the case. Sure, the rights of black people have come a long way but you can't really say the mentallity towards them has.
Back before the civil rights revolution there were plenty of white people who saw the injustice, however at the time the law did not agree with them and hence their views weren't as widely heard. The bigots had the voice of the time and along with them went the sheep of society who will just chime in with whatever is "acceptable" at the time and don't truly have their own opinions. Fast forward to now and the same people now oppose racism as it is now a social taboo. However, we still have the same people existing on both ends of the scale - civil rights advocates and hardline racists.
The social norms may have come along way but racism is and will always prevelant. Your example of racism towards muslims and people of middle eastern decent is a good example - after 9/11 people openly express their racism towards them because it is acceptable within a large portion of society and is disguised as nationalism/patriotism. It's convenient because people can vent their bigotry without being branded racists.
The exact same thing has happened here in Australia. Previously Asians were the target of racism, however now that there is a new scapegoat present in the form of middle eastern people Asians no longer get it so bad. In fact, its not uncommon for people to now praise asians for their work ethic and contribution to society, while in the same sentence carrying on about how all the arabs can get fucked.
racism is racism regardless of the victim
January 21, 2008 @ 07:09 PM
FearItSelf

I don't think that's really the case. Sure, the rights of black people have come a long way but you can't really say the mentallity towards them has.
Back before the civil rights revolution there were plenty of white people who saw the injustice, however at the time the law did not agree with them and hence their views weren't as widely heard. The bigots had the voice of the time and along with them went the sheep of society who will just chime in with whatever is "acceptable" at the time and don't truly have their own opinions. Fast forward to now and the same people now oppose racism as it is now a social taboo. However, we still have the same people existing on both ends of the scale - civil rights advocates and hardline racists.
The social norms may have come along way but racism is and will always prevelant. Your example of racism towards muslims and people of middle eastern decent is a good example - after 9/11 people openly express their racism towards them because it is acceptable within a large portion of society and is disguised as nationalism/patriotism. It's convenient because people can vent their bigotry without being branded racists.
The exact same thing has happened here in Australia. Previously Asians were the target of racism, however now that there is a new scapegoat present in the form of middle eastern people Asians no longer get it so bad. In fact, its not uncommon for people to now praise asians for their work ethic and contribution to society, while in the same sentence carrying on about how all the arabs can get fucked.
racism is racism regardless of the victim

there are only so many ethnicitys, eventually with the way things are proggressing it will have an end. And if you really have that pessimistic of a world view in the ocntext of race then it will never change. If you just accept that it will always be then your not helping either. YOu have to realize that if you cant accept that there will be radicals on both sides then we are doomed. But how many radical minority hate groups such as the KKK are left and how many of them are respected by society. What else is there? Thats not going to change, there will be racists, but there will be less and less and im not bummed about that
January 21, 2008 @ 07:20 PM
grug01

^to Kick: It was all the lazy rednecks who were whinging that their jobs were being taken and their kids places in uni were being taken. And then there was just senseless racism at play also. During the 50's to 70's the government also had a White Australia policy in place to dictate immigration and to try and maintain the Country as strongly anglo. Basically it was a test which pretty well ensured they could keep anyone non anglo out and was used to great lengths following the Korean and Vietnamese wars when there were a lot of refugee's trying to come in. An example of how absurd this test was - one element was language: you could be tested on ANY language. You would think that english would be the language to be tested seeing as we speak it here but Koreans were being tested on their Hungarian, Burmese being tested on Russian etc. Needless to say these people failed and weren't allowed in. There was a case where a guy came in from somewhere in SE Europe. He was proficient in over 10 languages and was made to sit the test over 5 times before being caught out in a lanuage not in his collection. It was crazy times. There's still a lot of hardline groups around trying to get Asians out of the country, including known neo nazi groups but race hate laws have been comng down pretty hard on them. Muslims don't get much love from the goverment at the moment though
A lot of lazy people in this country who don't like the fact that there is a bigger wider world out there with a lot of people willing to work hard to get ahead.
January 21, 2008 @ 07:28 PM
grug01

there are only so many ethnicitys, eventually with the way things are proggressing it will have an end. And if you really have that pessimistic of a world view in the ocntext of race then it will never change. If you just accept that it will always be then your not helping either. YOu have to realize that if you cant accept that there will be radicals on both sides then we are doomed. But how many radical minority hate groups such as the KKK are left and how many of them are respected by society. What else is there? Thats not going to change, there will be racists, but there will be less and less and im not bummed about that

I don't accept it but I don't believe it will ever come to an end. I don't call it pessimism, I call it realism and frankly you would have to be naive to think otherwise. Some racism just can't be rationlised other than the fact that humans are essentially tribal and if were not killing another race at war we are always going to look to another group to blame for any problems we may have. Just look at the current state of global affairs. Regardless of the cause, whether out fault or not, something will come up from time to time to smash any progress made towards tolerance, and we take massive steps backwards. Its just the nature of a lot people to dislike anything different.
The best we can do is to work towards making sure these people are shunned by society and the law. Only problem is people the exercising the "rights of free speech" when comes to instances of the law to support their racism, especially nowadays with the ever increasing backlash against politacal correctness which seems to be swinging too far back towards behaviour and ideals which created the need for PCism
January 21, 2008 @ 07:42 PM
araw at bituin

http://instagram.com/qyel

January 21, 2008 @ 08:10 PM
Toby

freaking hypism needs to see this. he's being so rascist to asians on MLK day...
January 21, 2008 @ 08:20 PM
20hundred

wtf are u talking about son?
January 21, 2008 @ 09:33 PM
OldeEngri$h

^no he's not sayin any other day he's cool with it dumbass...he's just sayin that its ironic that people will still be so incredibly racist when a big part of recognizing mlk's birthday is to recognize the things he stood for... and to the debate between grug and fear- i'd have to agree with grug in that it is not pessimistic to think realistically that racism will never come to an end...atleast until we all look the same thousands of years from now. racism has decreased thanks to the progression of societal standards but will not come to an end because of the human insecurities instilled in all of us. the problem is that we see race before we see person. if only everyone in the world could see "Do the Right Thing" lol.
January 21, 2008 @ 09:39 PM
JKISSI

wtf are u talking about son?

I dont think hes trying to get on Japanese and Chinese people just saying that Americans would see them more as a threat compared to Koreans

Please login first to reply.