Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 18, 2008 @ 06:09 AM
nagz999

whats up hypebeast
anyways i have always wondered how to start your own brand..you know like lochness's award tour and all the other street brands like crooks, 10 deep, mishka and all that??
do you have to fill in forms to register your brand name and shit and how can i put my stuff into stores and stuff?
plz help me out

BEDLAM

January 18, 2008 @ 08:20 AM
Allurre

Study the consumer behavior of your market. Note their needs.

Design, make sure it has elements of appeal to your market; a purpose, a function.

Market your shit and be consistent with it.

Enhance brand value.

Be patient.

Invest.

Basically, its not just about the shirt, its about keeping it relevant and building awareness.
January 18, 2008 @ 08:21 AM
Allurre

there's so much more to the process but, im proud to declare myself too lazy to type it. thanks, i knew i could contribute.
January 18, 2008 @ 10:51 AM
Advantage

whats up hypebeast
anyways i have always wondered how to start your own brand..you know like lochness's award tour and all the other street brands like crooks, 10 deep, mishka and all that??
do you have to fill in forms to register your brand name and shit and how can i put my stuff into stores and stuff?
plz help me out

Schoolingz
Advertisingz
Moneyz
and Hookupz can come in handy.

Browse the Upcoming and Emerging brands part of the forum
January 18, 2008 @ 12:02 PM
thunderchunk69

sell only to japan, create a store in the states and treat people like shit.

you'll soon get kids camping.
January 18, 2008 @ 12:02 PM
xxxchrisngoxxx

yeah, basically.

but, if you dont think thats good enough:

-you make some designs, get them critiqued by everyone you know, online and out. you make them the best you can, if you ever have any doubts, dont print them. also, just because your friends say theyll buy them doesnt mean you should go and print.
-you get some money, about $500 and print a little run of shirts just to get your brand out. make like 2 designs
-then, sell them. do whatever you want to sell them...only to get the name of your brand out; whether thats sitting on your couch for 3 months or goin out and sponsoring events. either way, do what you think you need to do
-if you want to get into stores, you better hope that your designs are better than 90% of what's already in there.
-if you want to be the next C&C, 10deep, Mishka, etc., expect to put in around 6-12 years, and around...$150,000. what im saying is that only a handful of brands come out like that...dont think you will.

someone finish some more for me porque yo esta sueno

there's no real book about how to make a brand. you just got to sorta figure it out yourself. network with the right people and have good designs. no everyone took 6-12 years to blow up. orisue did it literally in 1 year, but of course not everyone can be orisue. like the other person said before me just read the up and coming emerging brands section that should help you out.

oh yeah having a lot of money will help too.
January 18, 2008 @ 01:21 PM
STI Guy

do the exact opposite of what gstudios does. and you're set.
January 18, 2008 @ 02:20 PM
soleFLY

study wut gstudios did.......and do the complete opposite
January 18, 2008 @ 02:34 PM
funkdewbi

make sure your first line contains at least 10 all over print guns/camo t's with explicit messages on them like "i sell crack", or "I got mad guns".

Then have the model shoot session for your lookbook contain wiggers holding water pistols like they're real guns, and have overweight philipino females in tacky all white air for ones sitting on park benches with their legs wide open.

I hope that helps!
January 18, 2008 @ 10:57 PM
nucky

be original and let it happen
January 18, 2008 @ 11:10 PM
sneakerHI

basically

the easy way:
you need to know people in high places that you can trust
-then can get you some deals on printing and ish
-posibly introduce you to there store or someon elses store

the other way:
you need MONEY$____$
-make designs
-get em printed
-sell em around school or around friends
-advertise on myspace or some other ish
-pray
January 18, 2008 @ 11:11 PM
FearItSelf

wrong thread, this should be in teh p and comming design thread. there are many similar disscussion there.
January 19, 2008 @ 12:47 AM
pkdollabills

do it up bro
January 19, 2008 @ 02:26 AM
Tyrone Biggums

yeah, basically.

but, if you dont think thats good enough:

-you make some designs, get them critiqued by everyone you know, online and out. you make them the best you can, if you ever have any doubts, dont print them. also, just because your friends say theyll buy them doesnt mean you should go and print.
-you get some money, about $500 and print a little run of shirts just to get your brand out. make like 2 designs
-then, sell them. do whatever you want to sell them...only to get the name of your brand out; whether thats sitting on your couch for 3 months or goin out and sponsoring events. either way, do what you think you need to do
-if you want to get into stores, you better hope that your designs are better than 90% of what's already in there.
-if you want to be the next C&C, 10deep, Mishka, etc., expect to put in around 6-12 years, and around...$150,000. what im saying is that only a handful of brands come out like that...dont think you will.

someone finish some more for me porque yo esta sueno

listen to this man
he's killin the streetwear game right now,.
his shit is so exclusive.
so hard to find.
his shirts when on sale on ebay 180 dollars a piece...
gstudios is a GENIUS....
January 19, 2008 @ 03:11 AM
brynw

asking gstudios for label start up help is like asking isiah thomas for management help. whatever you do, it's bound to fail
January 19, 2008 @ 09:58 AM
Electric Devil

Send me an Arbys sandwitch and i'll make you famous
January 19, 2008 @ 10:04 AM

Inactive

do it up bro

uuggghhhhhhhhhhhh totally beat me to it.
January 19, 2008 @ 11:00 AM
tommyroks

sell only to japan, create a store in the states and treat people like shit.

you'll soon get kids camping.

i'll go with this marketing idea.
January 19, 2008 @ 11:21 AM
outlawzsm

Your not gonna make money, I'm bein for real.

Please login first to reply.