Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 12, 2008 @ 07:44 AM
M.R

So I noticed there has been a lot of soccer discussion (I know its called football, Im from Sweden. But these yanks doesn't understand if we dont call it soccer) in the WDYWT and pickup thread lately so I thought I'd start a thread for all the soccer discussion and continue some of the discussion from the other threads.

Ok , brotha , I know what you mean , but roma ain't never won nothing , Inter is one of the most winning teams in the history of football , and yes , they got Totti , but we had the most influent italian players in the history , like BAGGIO , or Christian Vieri .... not only Inter got money , Milan got the most powerful man in italy (berlusconi) for president .... but we still the best team in italy , and I hope we will be the best team in europe....
PS: it's not true we ain't got tactics... watch a inter match ... showtime ... we got one of the best italian players of all times as a coach .. MANCINI

We've got 3 scudettos and 8 cup titles, I know Inter has a lot more history but it's not like we've never won anything. And what? Vieri and Baggio? Baggio was at Inter for 2 years and you didn't win anything with him at the club. Same thing with Vieri but he was with you a bit longer. Not really that influential for your club imo.

And I stand by my statement that Inter has bad tactics. I've watched several matches this year (when they played Roma, Udinese and most of the CL matches) and imo they only rely on individual skill and they havent got a clear idea of how to play. And Mancini is a weak coach. He is nothing compared to Lippi, Spalletti, Trappatoni or Capello.

Man Utd 7 - 1 Roma. I will leave it as that.

I cant say nothing against that. But what happened in Rome? Man U wasn't as lucky that match. Man U deserved to win that match but the result wasn't fair at all.

And for all the other discussion in this thread. We got any true fans in here? That watch every game every week? What's your favorite team? Favorite player? Best player in the world? Im as you maybe noticed a huge As Roma fan and Totti is my favorite player. I'd have to give the best in world title to C.Ronaldo with Totti as a close runner-up. He is way underrated.
January 12, 2008 @ 07:47 AM
net_gun_lover

Lol, why do europeans still call Americans Yanks? pretty funny init...
January 12, 2008 @ 07:57 AM
tomoffin

there's aleady a thread in the sports forum, here.

I agree that Mancini isn't as good a coach as Lippi or Capello for example, but the fact is that thye have such a superior side, that he can do just about anything and the team will win in Italy at least.. In CL they need better tactics, and because the lack of good tactics, they will not win this year either..

And for all the other discussion in this thread. We got any true fans in here? That watch every game every week? What's your favorite team? Favorite player? Best player in the world?

Personally, my favourite team is AC Milan. When they are playing good, it's a real joy to watch, but currently they are far from their best.. My favourite player is obviuosly Kaka who was just immaculate last season but hasn't been playing that well this year, as he cannot everything by himself.. He needs someone else in the forward line to divide the scoring responsibility, hopefully Pato will do that or Ronaldo when he gets fit.. Pato will debut tomorrow and I'm def gonna watch that game. he said he'll score 2 in his first match, but we'll see about that..smile Big words for a 18-year old kid..

The best player in the world is currently Messi. Ronaldo is second, but I just hate that guy's character and we saw how bad he was against Milan last year.. Maybe he cannot perform his best under such a pressure. Messi is a player that can win games by himself and first player in years that really can be labeled the next Maradona..

edit.
Inter is one of the most winning teams in the history of football

inter has been really succesfull domestically but have won just two european cups and I think 3(confused UEFA cups. In European success Inter cannot be compared to Milan, Barca or Real..
January 12, 2008 @ 06:58 PM
PeeWee

Lol, why do europeans still call Americans Yanks? pretty funny init...

Its almost offensive :*(
January 12, 2008 @ 11:09 PM
JKISSI

Ghana is the best.the end
January 13, 2008 @ 01:36 AM
go0seMUFC

haha, the smashing of roma.

haha, academy players almost beating a full strenght roma squad at the the olimpico
January 13, 2008 @ 01:44 AM
aroundtheclock

I'm an american player and I have a trial with portoguese top club benfica at the end of the year, everyone wish me luck.
January 13, 2008 @ 01:46 AM
liquidlexus

There's only One Ronaldo.....

That is all.

Complete drubbing of Newcastle today, Man U is going to take the Treble this year.
January 13, 2008 @ 01:47 AM
camthraxFHK

^^^ Damn homie. Good luck. I hear Portugal is a good time too.

Chelsea FTW though, even though my squad is CSD COLO COLO!
January 13, 2008 @ 06:32 AM
tomoffin

^^^Good luck man, Benfica is good club!
January 13, 2008 @ 06:47 AM
M.R

i'd like to try and follow the premiership but I don't get any channels that carry the games since I'm in the US.

I don't really have a team yet i guess, although i know the most people on Man U

If you have a decent internet connection you can stream pretty much every game. Thats what I do most of the time. The quality isn't great but it's better than nothing. Check out www.myp2p.eu
January 13, 2008 @ 07:25 AM
mistermcneilo

CHELSEA FC ... we may not win the PL title this yr again but we'll prolly have a role in preventin Man U from havin as good a year as they could -- again. HATIN!
January 13, 2008 @ 08:57 AM
magneticman

ahh, chelsea should be winning the title every year considering how much money they've put in

3rd is a disgrace, especially considering Arsenal have only really spent about
January 13, 2008 @ 11:54 AM
rjboomer

omg i totally want the LA Galaxy to win the next World Cup 2008 only because they have David Beccham

Galaxy is a club man not a country
January 13, 2008 @ 01:24 PM
btwnthemtns

^^^I'm pretty sure he's just fuckin around man.

"Como no me he preocupado de nacer, no me preocupo de morir."

January 13, 2008 @ 01:58 PM
honorableninja

If you have a decent internet connection you can stream pretty much every game. Thats what I do most of the time. The quality isn't great but it's better than nothing. Check out www.myp2p.eu

x2. i use it a lot, and it's great. the only thing that sucks is the time zone difference. oh well. i like celtic a lot, but in the epl it's man u. i got a 1990's man u jersey at a thrift store for $8. i was pumped about that. they're just a fun team to watch. i hate italian teams, except for palermo, cause their pink jerseys kind of make me laugh

vimeo.com/honorableninja

January 13, 2008 @ 02:10 PM
ohthatkid?

i dont know what it is about it, but i just cant get myself to sit down and watch a serie a match even if it be a.c. milan v inter. im a huge manchester united fan (how bout the newcastle game haha) and i just cant watch any other league other than EPL. i have given it many tries, but idk. the only other league i can watch is la liga especially with barcelona playing because messi is just a hero for me when it comes to soccer.
January 13, 2008 @ 03:11 PM
magneticman

The Premier League is very fast and tough, the divers get straightned out quick

La liga has better football on show technically but diving is part of their game, pussies..
January 14, 2008 @ 01:59 AM
camthraxFHK

I don't like serie a either. EPL and la liga ftw with champions league being the coolest shit ever.
January 14, 2008 @ 08:13 AM
SK1

I like Serie A and La Liga, EPL is starting to grow on me a bit. English people play soccer so ugly though. I'm an AC Milan fan, anyone else see the game yesterday?
January 14, 2008 @ 09:07 AM
magneticman

I like Serie A and La Liga, EPL is starting to grow on me a bit. English people play soccer so ugly though. I'm an AC Milan fan, anyone else see the game yesterday?

just stfu
January 14, 2008 @ 09:25 AM
SK1

just stfu

Stop catching feelings.

How do you think you guys will do in Euro 2008?

>sad
January 14, 2008 @ 11:25 AM
M.R

Watched it with a friend who supports milan. Pato was on fire! I really didn't expect him to do that well in his first appearance.
January 14, 2008 @ 11:51 AM
Drebrooklyn

sk1 making comment like that just shows us how much you know about football...what do you mean by ugly? i'll take the premier league over any league....it use to me Seria A or La liga but they fell off
January 14, 2008 @ 02:39 PM
SK1

sk1 making comment like that just shows us how much you know about football...what do you mean by ugly? i'll take the premier league over any league....it use to me Seria A or La liga but they fell off

I'm not talking about EPL, EPL has players from all around the world. I'm talking about the English. I rather watch Brazilian or Argentine players rather than English players. Everyone is soft in England and thats how their players look. In Brazil they play on glass.
January 14, 2008 @ 03:33 PM
magneticman

I'm not talking about EPL, EPL has players from all around the world. I'm talking about the English. I rather watch Brazilian or Argentine players rather than English players. Everyone is soft in England and thats how their players look. In Brazil they play on glass.

[SIZE="6"]OMFG YOU HAVE [SIZE="7"]NO[/SIZE] IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT[/SIZE]
January 14, 2008 @ 05:11 PM
camthraxFHK

^^^ Yeah, English people are fucking mean...
January 14, 2008 @ 05:56 PM
SK1

[SIZE="6"]OMFG YOU HAVE [SIZE="7"]NO[/SIZE] IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT[/SIZE]

January 14, 2008 @ 06:10 PM
Drebrooklyn

are you kidding me....i'm not even english and i'll tell you this they have way tougher players than brazil....english players are some of the toughest around...have you ever seen terry or rooney play? just those 2 only will show you how tough english players are because i can name a bunch more
January 14, 2008 @ 07:22 PM
ohthatkid?

As much as i like the argentina national team, the english are way tougher with some exceptions like that squirt wright-phillips and aaron lennon haha just playingrazz, oh yea and that classic dive by gerrard against andorra which was by far the worst ive ever seen england play.

and about the whole diving issue it used to be part of the epl too. im a man utd fan and ronaldo did have a pretty bad habit of diving, but has definitely improved his act as did drogba. i still remeber zokora's dive i forgot which game it was but it was just awful and tottenham were awarded a pk and scored sad

btw has anyone seen or read about the adidas ball that has some crazy computer shit in it and can tell when the ball crosses the line so the refs job can be easier with those off the line clearances and stuff?

Please login first to reply.