Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 27, 2008 @ 03:03 PM
CHEEP

March 27, 2008 @ 03:05 PM
tommyroks

^if that shit is ever release, u know its gona be sold out in secs.
March 27, 2008 @ 04:29 PM
pikafire69

yo... im gonna start wearing white robes with pointed hoods... shit looks dope as fuck, who cares where it came from

there's a difference between doing something because that is blatantly and wildly racist, and wearing a type of scarf.
March 27, 2008 @ 04:43 PM

Chullos.

I remember during grade school always being made fun of because I wore one all the time, and now it's super fashion.
March 27, 2008 @ 04:54 PM
Buttsecks

there's a difference between doing something because that is blatantly and wildly racist, and wearing a type of scarf.

***** what the fuck are saying
March 27, 2008 @ 05:12 PM
golDIE

Even knowing the meaning behind many of these cultural accessories, why would you want to wear them if you aren't associated with the culture. I find it more of an act of folly for someone who's knoledgeable to still want to wear something such as a rosary, shemagh, etc. But I understand that people would rather illustrate a "stand for something" attitude through fashion than to proactively "stand for something." Just sayin...
March 27, 2008 @ 05:28 PM
Remedi

i know a lot of jewish kids who wear them the bit about the Palestinian conflict is interesting ill take a banada over a Kafia anyday
March 27, 2008 @ 05:49 PM
owensA

Lots of pieces of clothing have had cultural or other associations in the past but gradually became part of the main stream. The Cardigan was created by a british military leader, the T-shirt was originally an army garment, jeans were once work pants, baseball caps were once exclusively worn by athletes, Polo shirts were worn by Polo and Golf players, etc. When I wear a Polo shirt I don't worry about ppl mistaking me for a polo player.

And both israeli, palestinian, and western soldiers and ppl wear shemaghs, not all of them have strong political/cultural associations (often it depends on the scarfs' colors) and some instances it's just practical (i.e. in the desert, regardless of your ethnic/religious/national background).

It's just like bike messengers that hate when kids rock Chrome and other messenger bags. It's just that a piece of clothing from one culture is crossing over into the mainstream, get over it.
March 27, 2008 @ 06:09 PM
rabboarder

What is the meaning behind dreadlocks? I asked this question before but no one had a clue

Jamaica was ruled by Britain at a point in time. Groups of Jamaicans known as Maroons wanted to flee from British rule and would go live in the mountains. In the schools, everyone had to be clean cut and have short haircuts (due to British rules), so the Maroons would let their hair grow naturally and never cut it. Eventually, the hair would lock up. That's why a true Rastafarian's dreads are long and not neat as opposed to the dreads that people here in the states get.

I hope I didn't butcher the story too much, but that's basically what this Jamaican girl that did my hair earlier this week told me.
March 28, 2008 @ 08:28 AM
YTheLastMan

And wearing a Kafia isn't sending out a message to Jewish people around you? Yeah...

People are retarded in general. If you're going to point out every bit of stupidity similar to this one and get bothered by it, you're going to be very, very bothered.
March 28, 2008 @ 01:05 PM
owensA

And wearing a Kafia isn't sending out a message to Jewish people around you? Yeah...

People are retarded in general. If you're going to point out every bit of stupidity similar to this one and get bothered by it, you're going to be very, very bothered.

shemagh's aren't necessarily anti-semitic at all. Many Israelis wear em.
March 28, 2008 @ 03:25 PM
tommyroks

Lots of pieces of clothing have had cultural or other associations in the past but gradually became part of the main stream. The Cardigan was created by a british military leader, the T-shirt was originally an army garment, jeans were once work pants, baseball caps were once exclusively worn by athletes, Polo shirts were worn by Polo and Golf players, etc. When I wear a Polo shirt I don't worry about ppl mistaking me for a polo player.

And both israeli, palestinian, and western soldiers and ppl wear shemaghs, not all of them have strong political/cultural associations (often it depends on the scarfs' colors) and some instances it's just practical (i.e. in the desert, regardless of your ethnic/religious/national background).

It's just like bike messengers that hate when kids rock Chrome and other messenger bags. It's just that a piece of clothing from one culture is crossing over into the mainstream, [SIZE="4"]get over it[/SIZE].
obviously ppls in HB is stuck in a bubble. Thats why this thread is still alive.
April 12, 2008 @ 01:30 AM
HB ruin mylife

dude just get the one Neighborhood makes for $250, ..... how come no one said anything a few seasons back when every brand out there had a mexican theme goin on,, or native american theme,,,those dudes suffered the worst,,,,and yall rockin that shit hard.
April 12, 2008 @ 02:57 AM
DREWKKAKE

did you learn how to throw rocks?

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

April 12, 2008 @ 02:43 PM
steveee

people have been wearing these whack ass scarfs for like 2 years now, let them rest please. however, i respect the people who wear it and know the heritage of the scarf, but it is hard to find people who actually know why they wear it besides the hip factor.
April 12, 2008 @ 02:46 PM
mcLAine

sum things have meaning sum things dnt ,, as long as u r happy with wat u got on it shoodnt really matter..
April 12, 2008 @ 04:44 PM
old soul

I asked a guy in this store if he supported the Palestinian cause as well and he looked at me like wtf? He was of "hispanic" descent and said "No, I'm Hispanic, not an A-rab".

I was pretty dissapointed, but not surprised. Such is life I guess. All about projecting an image w/o understanding it these days
April 12, 2008 @ 04:51 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

Nope I dont care. Since when did a culture have dibs on a pattern. Fuck that. Its a nice scarf.
April 12, 2008 @ 05:26 PM
koedog.

i wear the scarf because i love the design on it, but i also know the background of the scarf. So if anyone were to come up to me about it, I won't look like an idiot.

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

April 12, 2008 @ 05:32 PM
hash

[QUOTE=Ro-K
April 12, 2008 @ 07:41 PM
TheFlash

i agree there's nothing you can do about it once its in fashion...but just know that you look like a trend hopping dumbass hipster when wearing one.
April 12, 2008 @ 07:47 PM
Benny Lava

Nope I dont care. Since when did a culture have dibs on a pattern. Fuck that. Its a nice scarf.

almost makes me wish we still had the rule of thumb.

Supreme x Nike SB Tennis Classic http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/200835

April 12, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
teov

I like the design of the scarf , I know the significance behind it but It's not my business ... btw the shemag is used by the army too .

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

April 13, 2008 @ 02:42 AM
HB ruin mylife

well how bout the ignorant people who hate on asian people when they see them associating with a swatiska,,, when thousands of years before hitler bastardized the symbol , asian and celtic cultures were using and still using the swastika today....

all in all,,, kids just tryin to be cool cuz they somewhat "know" of something,,,googling shit aint shit.
April 13, 2008 @ 04:40 AM
DAT CAT

my best friend is muslim and bought me mine in palestine. and he is the most religious person ive ever met in my life and he had no problem picking me up one.

and i have a history degree and am fluent in fus'ha dialect of arabic. so i feel its ok for me to wear it.

Al-hamdu lillah. Allahu akbar.

It's not. Sorry but the word just came in from the motherland. Maybe in a next lifetime?
April 13, 2008 @ 05:07 AM
RECONDO

the m65 topic is totally different, it was made for a material purpose not spiritual

if you think like that you might aswell not wear sneakers unless you are an athlete..

Yo anyone mind telling me what the so called "spiritual significance" of the Shemagh is?

There is none dumbasses.

Its just as functional as a pair of jordans or a US surplus ECWCS goretex jacket. It keeps out sand in desert sandstorms and protects from the sun.

It HAS become a SYMBOL for Palestinian solidarity which is why I haven`t worn one since about 2002. I don`t support Palestinians. If there was a symbol to say to "Fuck You" to Palestinians then I`d adopt it.

I used to think it was cool to rock a shemagh with mil jackets coz thats how the SAS and SEALs did it in Desert Storm. Unfortunately now if you rock one most people think you`re a faggot hippy with a hardon for terrorists and "freedom fighters".

get some KNOWLEDGE before you post
April 13, 2008 @ 07:05 AM
MUMI

Yo anyone mind telling me what the so called "spiritual significance" of the Shemagh is?

There is none dumbasses.

Its just as functional as a pair of jordans or a US surplus ECWCS goretex jacket. It keeps out sand in desert sandstorms and protects from the sun.

It HAS become a SYMBOL for Palestinian solidarity which is why I haven`t worn one since about 2002. I don`t support Palestinians. If there was a symbol to say to "Fuck You" to Palestinians then I`d adopt it.

I used to think it was cool to rock a shemagh with mil jackets coz thats how the SAS and SEALs did it in Desert Storm. Unfortunately now if you rock one most people think you`re a faggot hippy with a hardon for terrorists and "freedom fighters".

QFT
April 13, 2008 @ 07:32 AM
teov

There is none dumbasses.

this needs to be sigged as the dumbest post ever made in HB . congrats .

btw , talking bout KNOWLEDGE , the kefiah is a traditional palestinian scarf , the SAS just adopted it in the desert storm .

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

April 13, 2008 @ 12:21 PM
Tyrone Biggums

theres some dude at my school that wears a rosary...
and hes fucking christian...

pisses me off so much.
April 13, 2008 @ 03:02 PM
YoungAce816

nvm...

Please login first to reply.