Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 30, 2007 @ 10:13 AM
Black Chanler

Its a two word logo design project on something that represents a generation or a subculture (ie, saggin pants, graffiti artist, spoiled brat) but my professor wants us to type a couple paragraphs defining our logo.

I just wanted to post the paragraphs on "sneaker head" here so maybe I can get further incite. I just need help trying to simplify it to a man in his early 60's.

here's what I got so far....

[B]Sneaker Head

The term
November 30, 2007 @ 11:40 AM
franklin

pretty good
I actually just did a speech on the sneaker collecting
i didnt exactly say what u said but i like your defintition.
although not eceryone will agree with yours
November 30, 2007 @ 02:31 PM
camthraxFHK

Talk about the history of certain models. For instance, you could discuss the whole nike 80s bball thing.

the AF1 was nike's best selling shoe for more than 20 years starting in 1982. The shoe is the foremost hometown favorite of New York, Atlanta, and the rap stars that call the cities home. Due to its popularity and scarcity, the AF1 was the first Nike model to be regularly retroed in special colorways.

The nike dunk from 1985 is also reissued in similar special formats, given its compatibility with a diverse range of youth lifestyles. Nike has since released special dunks in collaboration with graffiti artists, NBA players, skateboarders and etcetera...

I should be doing my own homework...
Talk about the importance of sneakers in every young person's life, and that sneakers bring together everyone from ballers to skaters to rappers to hardcore band front men. Everyone wears sneakers, and some people just cherish it more than others.

aghghghg back to my own paper. Sorry if my writing sucks... I havent written a paper in English in a while...
November 30, 2007 @ 02:34 PM
Air Gazmo

pretty good
I actually just did a speech on the sneaker collecting
i didnt exactly say what u said but i like your defintition.
although not eceryone will agree with yours

I did a speech on sneaker culture as well...my class couldn't have cared less though
November 30, 2007 @ 04:41 PM
GranzoRico

^thats not how or in the same time frame when bape exploded into everyones' closets!
November 30, 2007 @ 10:24 PM
xxxx

lol if you're serious enough about the project to have to ask for opinion, dont do sneakerhead.
November 30, 2007 @ 10:36 PM
LogIc

i just did a papper on this topic...got a A on it cool
November 30, 2007 @ 10:41 PM
fang

thinly veiled uber consumerism
November 30, 2007 @ 10:52 PM
PAVED

You might want to change the sentence where you say that "sneakerheads" collect limited sneakers and retros. I collect vans... not even the limited.. I like to buy shoes... am I not considered a "sneakerhead."
December 1, 2007 @ 12:01 AM
Imperial

yeah you dont actually have to have a lot or rare sneakers to be a sneakerhead, as long as youre really knowledgable and think about shoes all the damn time. thats my opinion.
December 1, 2007 @ 11:04 AM
Black Chanler

You might want to change the sentence where you say that "sneakerheads" collect limited sneakers and retros. I collect vans... not even the limited.. I like to buy shoes... am I not considered a "sneakerhead."

Yeah I am fully aware of that, but knowing my professor he would give me the "well I guess everyone is a sneaker head routine" so I would prefer to keep that the way it is.

I appreciate everyones incite, I have the just for kicks dvd but its at home, not on campus so I am bonned lol.
December 1, 2007 @ 09:28 PM
LoLife

you should know some of the fundamental background ex. how Jordans were started, how sneaker culture is influenced greatly on hip hop, and how to spell adidas.

When he be playin Scrabble that nigga gotta figure out how to make a word outta seven Ls

December 1, 2007 @ 09:54 PM
Imperial

you should know some of the fundamental background ex. how Jordans were started, how sneaker culture is influenced greatly on hip hop, and how to spell adidas.

yeah, hes going to get all that info from the just for kicks dvd he has if he has it.
oh yeah its on youtube btw.
December 1, 2007 @ 11:15 PM
Advantage

youz needz lotsa kiks 4 snekerhead nd dey need be very espensiv!! thee end

Please login first to reply.