Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 21, 2007 @ 01:30 PM
.skeelo

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States, a survey of visitors and residents showed on Friday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The city of more than 1.5 million people was also found to be among the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favourite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.

About 60,000 people responded to the online survey -- at www.travelandleisure.com -- which ranked 25 cities in categories including shopping, food, culture, and cityscape, said Amy Farley, senior editor at the magazine.

For unattractiveness, Philadelphia just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot. Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people, the poll found.

But Farley pointed out the results don't mean people in Philadelphia are ugly or the city is a bad place to visit.

"We were asking people to vote on attractiveness, not unattractiveness. Travel & Leisure editors believe there are a lot of attractive people in Philadelphia," she said.

"The relative attractiveness of its residents is only a minuscule factor in evaluating a city's merit."

Philadelphians' self-esteem has been undermined by national surveys showing they are among the fattest people in the United States. The American Obesity Association ranked the city in the top 10 for overweight people every year between 2000 and 2005.

And sporting pride in a city known for the fierce loyalty of its fans has been hurt by not having had a national champion in any of its four main sports since the 76ers won the National Basketball Association title in 1983.

Ive never been to Philly before but, what do you guys think about this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071019/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_philadelphia_unattractive;_ylt=As13mc2pWg7V1NnZpYaRt7rtiBIF
October 21, 2007 @ 01:35 PM
TheCityOfChi

haha idk why but i found this pretty funny
October 21, 2007 @ 01:45 PM
DunkPunk

LOL.

buncha gay guys there.

anyone from philly in HB?

CURRENTLY IN LONDON.

October 21, 2007 @ 02:32 PM
Billman

^Maybe that's why it's the city of brotherly love? Just a thought...
October 21, 2007 @ 02:35 PM
Birdman Jr

i go to school in philly. that article is true.
October 21, 2007 @ 02:41 PM
ahhhrt

I stopped by philly once. I saw ONE girl worthy of a hi. My god that's an ugly place. I can tell you one thing though, that's the first place I'm going when zombies invade. I'm sure even zombies don't like ugly ppl.
October 21, 2007 @ 02:44 PM
steveee

I stopped by philly once. I saw ONE girl worthy of a hi. My god that's an ugly place. I can tell you one thing though, that's the first place I'm going when zombies invade. I'm sure even zombies don't like ugly ppl.

lmao, good one. ive been to philly once, but i got there at night. then i was so drunk i blacked out, so i missed the show i guess.
October 21, 2007 @ 03:38 PM
Mr Chubbs

Oh hell yeah minneap is the cleanest hahaha.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

October 21, 2007 @ 03:53 PM
damnwitless1

the ugliest bitches in the world are in Maryland, real talk

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

October 21, 2007 @ 03:57 PM
BillionaireBoy

That's why Beanie Siegel was hating on Kanye. He's just jealous.
October 21, 2007 @ 04:08 PM
TheFlash

this seems true cause no one visits the main line. but for the most part philly is the blue collar city so you can expect most people not to give a shit about fashion and culture. i don't give a fck i still love this city.
October 21, 2007 @ 04:14 PM
landstander

im from philly but i currently live in the pittsburgh area.. and yea theres a lot of obesity..i blame it on the cheesesteaks and hoagies..and yes the ppl arent the friendliest either
October 21, 2007 @ 04:28 PM
Leumas

LOL.

buncha gay guys there.

anyone from philly in HB?

Andrew
October 21, 2007 @ 04:35 PM
Billman

Probably the flyest HB in Philly then with the ill fits, post up mang!
October 21, 2007 @ 05:05 PM
owensA

this seems true cause no one visits the main line. but for the most part philly is the blue collar city so you can expect most people not to give a shit about fashion and culture. i don't give a fck i still love this city.

Word. Philly is a working class city so you're not gonna see a lot of model type chicks walking around. I still love the city though and being a college town any walk through University City or Center City will show you that we've got plenty of attractive college chicks. Generally the wealthier a city, the more hot chicks there will be. There's a big difference in the way people look in LA and Detroit.

From a sociological/cultural perspective the ranking kinda makes sense as American society tends to define beauty in relation to how much one has Caucasian characteristics and Philadelphia is home to a lot of black folks. Generally American ideals of beauty don't tend to value black characteristics so I think the rankings probably reflect a degree of open and subconscious prejudice as well.
October 21, 2007 @ 10:02 PM
PeeWee

Oh hell yeah minneap is the cleanest hahaha.

Also best place for starter families!!! We always win!!! Cept when we play sports sad ...
October 21, 2007 @ 10:07 PM
Eduardo

Andrew

I havent seen that dude post in a while...
October 21, 2007 @ 11:15 PM
Mr Chubbs

Also best place for starter families!!! We always win!!! Cept when we play sports sad ...

Hahha we always get close to winning, then fail miserably.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

October 21, 2007 @ 11:47 PM
Ed.Hooligan

lool that's a hilarious article right there...

I wonder how Chicago ranks.

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

October 22, 2007 @ 04:34 AM
Electric Devil

the ugliest bitches in the world are in Maryland, real talk

co-sign!!
didnt see one hot girl when i was there
October 22, 2007 @ 06:43 AM

Inactive

Word. Philly is a working class city so you're not gonna see a lot of model type chicks walking around. I still love the city though and being a college town any walk through University City or Center City will show you that we've got plenty of attractive college chicks. Generally the wealthier a city, the more hot chicks there will be. There's a big difference in the way people look in LA and Detroit.

From a sociological/cultural perspective the ranking kinda makes sense as American society tends to define beauty in relation to how much one has Caucasian characteristics and Philadelphia is home to a lot of black folks. Generally American ideals of beauty don't tend to value black characteristics so I think the rankings probably reflect a degree of open and subconscious prejudice as well

Truer words have never been spoken.

One of the poorest cities + one of the blackest cities = ugliness. That explains why DC is up there even though DC has plenty of nice looking women living there.

LMAO @ San Diego being one of the top homes of the finest women. That couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, there aren't too many places in Northern California period that have a surplus of attractive girls. If you want proof, look at the video girls of any Bay Area funded music video. Yeah, those are supposed to be "dimes".
October 22, 2007 @ 01:17 PM
bomber

LMAO @ San Diego being one of the top homes of the finest women. That couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, there aren't too many places in Northern California period that have a surplus of attractive girls.

I may not have read this right, but it looks like you are implying SD is in norcal...

Anyways, my cousin just got back from Philadelphia about 3 weeks. When he got back and was telling me about his trip he went out of his way to mention how overweight everyone was (which I found odd at the time).
October 22, 2007 @ 03:53 PM
tommyroks

i never stop by philly..only drove by.
October 22, 2007 @ 04:24 PM
TheFlash

From a sociological/cultural perspective the ranking kinda makes sense as American society tends to define beauty in relation to how much one has Caucasian characteristics and Philadelphia is home to a lot of black folks. Generally American ideals of beauty don't tend to value black characteristics so I think the rankings probably reflect a degree of open and subconscious prejudice as well.

so true.
October 22, 2007 @ 07:02 PM
BillionaireBoy

I may not have read this right, but it looks like you are implying SD is in norcal...

Anyways, my cousin just got back from Philadelphia about 3 weeks. When he got back and was telling me about his trip he went out of his way to mention how overweight everyone was (which I found odd at the time).

haha seriously, san diego is like 10 hours from the bay.
October 23, 2007 @ 04:23 AM
G60

i'm surprised it wasn't Stockton.

oh, that's ugliest city, stupidest people.
October 26, 2007 @ 10:54 PM
nikebias

Yo I was in Philly about 10 years ago and I saw this girl and she had about as much hair as Kobe does now, but she was so damn SEXY so sexy that I still remember her and talk about that situation to this day so all that about ugly people in Philly I can't really agree with that, but Pittsburg I bet there are so ugly ass people there and I got a burger from there about 2 years ago that shit was DISGUSTINGrazz
October 27, 2007 @ 07:42 PM
B.Hicks

yea philly's horrible. don't any of you go there.. ever.

Please login first to reply.