Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 13, 2007 @ 09:00 PM
TTG518x

But getting a Master's degree most likely means student loans and tons of debt.

I don't know about you, but my undergrad schooling means student loans and debt. school is expensive but you can't neglect education so you can buy more shoes. there are plenty of other things that you can neglect for shoes!
October 13, 2007 @ 09:21 PM
Shanklin

I graduated highschool last year and the major schools I applied to were:

Seton Hall University
NYU
and Columbia

I got into all three but I chose to go to Seton Hall..sick school..

For graphic design and any other art related study..Parson is SICK. i have a friend who goes there..

Where is parson anyway? Im thinking about going into this field.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

October 13, 2007 @ 09:27 PM
Lew

i got a question

i was born in california and completed education all the way up to sophmore year in highschool there

now i'm a junior and i moved to chicago illinois, if i apply to a school such as san diego state, do i list myself as out of state or what?

i still have my house out there in california
October 13, 2007 @ 10:43 PM
camthraxFHK

LOL at all the hypebeasts considering Reed. I know some kids there, and theyre way more into drugs and books than anything remotely close to materialism. That and they make you work your ass off for a degree few will have heard of outside of the NW... I live near there, and I only see random dudes playing bacci alone.
October 13, 2007 @ 11:09 PM
drifter

Have you been to the Harvard? The audacity of some of these kids are crazy.

Can you blame them? Either they got in there by hard work and such or they got in there because they are rich and have connections.

Either way they truthfully can act like dicks all they want.

There is a member on here that goes to Harvard, Cpaik. He is very cool. So not all are dicks. The college I go to and colleges around it have huge dicks so its everywhere.
October 14, 2007 @ 04:54 PM
Rimbauldi

The college I go to and colleges around it have huge dicks so its everywhere.

LOL, that sounds gay, really gay.
October 14, 2007 @ 05:18 PM
FearItSelf

LOL at all the hypebeasts considering Reed. I know some kids there, and theyre way more into drugs and books than anything remotely close to materialism. That and they make you work your ass off for a degree few will have heard of outside of the NW... I live near there, and I only see random dudes playing bacci alone.

hahahah real talk. I have seen some hella intense games of crocket out there on campus
October 14, 2007 @ 05:24 PM
Mute

i still have my house out there in california

you're golden. use that address and you're set. and by the way, I'd recommend Santa Barbara over San Diego, but thas just me
October 14, 2007 @ 06:16 PM
Lew

you're golden. use that address and you're set. and by the way, I'd recommend Santa Barbara over San Diego, but thas just me

but wouldnt sdsu know that i graduated school in chicago? would that consider me out of state?
October 14, 2007 @ 07:40 PM
TheFlash

how much does the school you got your undergrad degree really matter anyway? Alot of people make a big deal out of the Ivy League schools, but they really aren't all they are cracked up to be, at least for a bachelor's degree. There are so many alternatives that are just as good. I visited Penn State and Columbia this month and Penn State actually has much better bioengineering and chemical engineering facilities.

Plus the honors college at penn state = same education you would get at any ivy league but half the tuition
October 14, 2007 @ 07:48 PM
skidknee

how much does the school you got your undergrad degree really matter anyway? Alot of people make a big deal out of the Ivy League schools, but they really aren't all they are cracked up to be, at least for a bachelor's degree. There are so many alternatives that are just as good. I visited Penn State and Columbia this month and Penn State actually has much better bioengineering and chemical engineering facilities.

Plus the honors college at penn state = same education you would get at any ivy league but half the tuition

I read that for a second and thought you actually had some real merit until you said you're still applying for university.
October 14, 2007 @ 08:02 PM
TheFlash

how does that take all merit out of what i said?
October 14, 2007 @ 08:12 PM
TheFlash

but that was my point...penn state is a good school and their honors college is just as good as any ivy league, and penn state is half the price. With a school like Columbia or Princeton I feel like I'm just paying for the prestige or the fact that I will be able to say "hey look how amazing I am I graduated from any ivy league"
October 14, 2007 @ 08:17 PM
skidknee

We're forgetting that education is not the only merit that is calculated in the value of a school. Removing the context of your degree, and you have an awesome rationale to work for the lowest common denominator for your degree. Reapply the context and the value of the degree from said university will change dramatically.
October 14, 2007 @ 08:37 PM
TheFlash

^ For the most part you are right, but in an equal job opportunity, Ivy scholars always win.

Yes and no i think. You have a better chance of being interviewed by a penn state grad than most schools actually. 1 in 150 engineers came out of psu...which is actually pretty impressive

We're forgetting that education is not the only merit that is calculated in the value of a school. Removing the context of your degree, and you have an awesome rationale to work for the lowest common denominator for your degree. Reapply the context and the value of the degree from said university will change dramatically.

I understand what you are saying (kinda). There are other factors that play into it such as different programs, intership availability (both of which Columbia is great for), and general hands-on experience you would get during your study. But I guess it all just comes down to what's the best fit for you and I don't really like the heterogeniousity of the Ivy League crowd

Please login first to reply.