SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
October 7, 2007 @ 11:18 PM
zzar40

usually the tax. + any loose change i have on me.
October 7, 2007 @ 11:22 PM
fang

stupid servers get tips?
October 7, 2007 @ 11:25 PM
BrendanWelsh

One time, I wrote a note saying "Here's a tip... Bring us refills" on a napkin because the waiter never came back to the table.

We watched her from outside and she threw the napkin to the ground and kicked her feet. It was so funny.
October 8, 2007 @ 01:45 AM
emgee420

2-3 and the change unless they are really good...which most arent
October 8, 2007 @ 03:08 AM
G60

what about hispanics..... I always tip 15-20% because I don't like being stereotyped

hispanic stereotypes? they only eat well-done steaks. that's the truth! smile

i have always tipped heavily, even before i became a server. around 35%

if i do get horribe service, i will not hesitate to leave nothing, however.

people who do not tip, even when receiving good service are scum, and servers remember who you are, trust me.

but as a server, you always try your best, because it's one of the few jobs where your income is directly related to how hard you try.

and honestly, you never can tell who is going to tip and who's not, some people can be really pleasant and nice, and you go to the ends of the earth to make sure everything's perfect, and they don't leave shit. meanwhile someone seems kinda rude, and you don't check up on them as often, but they leave $5.

kickapop, don't be such an ass, especially to people who serve you your food. in many states, waiters DON'T get a 'shitty hourly wage' (and i'm sure whatever you do is so respectable), so all their income is based on tips, and on really slow days, i have come home with less than $20, which is less than $5/hour. and it's not like every server is straight out of high school with no bills to pay, living with mommy and daddy like you probably are. some people rely on tips just to get them by, it's not ALL fun and games.

people in all job situations struggle, and believe me, you'll know what it's like one day, and there will be people like you waiting around the corner to make your day shitty. maybe it will be me making your day difficult pretty soon, oh, you can't afford you or your kids medication at the pharmacy?, that's too damn bad, i'm gonna charge you book price smile
October 8, 2007 @ 03:15 AM
G60

Normally around 20%, if you're great I've given up to 40%, if not. You aint getting shit.

same here.

kickapop, don't be so selfish. in alot of states, waiters actually don't make a 'shitty hourly wage' at all, or have a lower minimum wage than other jobs.

and just because a server can potentially bring home alot of money, doesn't mean they all bring it home to themselves at mommy and daddy's house like you probably do, with no bills to pay.

some of them bring it home to children, and landlords, and electricity companies, and struggle just like alot of us do.

you're too young to get it now, but you will someday. smile
October 8, 2007 @ 08:35 AM
CHEEP

15% if sevice is poor... 20% if its standard... more if its good. if i get hooked up, say get a 20$ meal for 10$ ill tip at least 5$... ive left 6$ on 3$ before... it all depends. friends get hooked up too.
October 8, 2007 @ 12:18 PM
goatfacekillah

i tip pretty well generally
15 - 20%

but i feel you on this topic doobi....if i get lousy service, i don't tip well at all cause they don't deserve it.

plus, on top of that, i have a g/f that won't hesitate to complain to the manager about lousy service....we've gotten free meals a few times b/c of shitty service.
October 8, 2007 @ 04:29 PM
luisvuitondon

dont pay at allsmile
October 8, 2007 @ 04:38 PM
CASHVILLE.931

only if the servers a dick.
October 8, 2007 @ 05:09 PM
ShippedOut2

I usually tip 15%, I knida hate leaving without tipping... but if your a lously server you get nothing or ill leave like 10 cents
October 8, 2007 @ 08:20 PM
KC Demion

Fuck Tippin that shit is Wack!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 8, 2007 @ 09:08 PM
cupski

So the fact that a server makes less than minimum wage in most states doesn't matter to y'all that hate tipping?

Here's the alternative. The restaraunt could pay servers a living wage and pass the cost on to the consumer. That's right. They could raise the price of the food 15-20%.

At least how it is we have the option of leaving a poor tip for poor service.

And if you cant afford it, don't eat out.
October 8, 2007 @ 09:37 PM
kdiddy

I've never had 20% service. I usually leave 10%, if the service is bad I don't leave anything.

Please login first to reply.