June 29, 2007 @ 09:07 PM
DiZzy

I always wondered this?
June 29, 2007 @ 11:01 PM
Shanklin

If I could cut my toes off, all i would buy would be alife shoes. But since i cant/wont, all i can do is look at them and say "i wish my feet were smaller"

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

June 30, 2007 @ 05:19 PM
owensA

They make nice shit and market themselves well (i.e. w/ the right artists). legit brand in my opinion. Their shoes are nice and their clothing is of a nice quality (although I think a lot of their shit is a bit too bland)
June 30, 2007 @ 05:21 PM

Inactive

"Alife? I never seen that shit G."
June 30, 2007 @ 05:22 PM

Inactive

Whats the Big Deal about The Hundreds?

Whats the Big Deal about Crooks?

Whats the Big Deal about Supreme?

It's all preference and taste, nothing someone will say will make you like it. The brand has some hype behind it and that helps, as with the others.
June 30, 2007 @ 05:26 PM

Inactive

Whats the deal with Alife? I mean really. Its neither an A nor a life!

June 30, 2007 @ 05:57 PM
Mr.Londoner

Mr.Sienfeld speaks the truth
June 30, 2007 @ 08:00 PM
damnwitless1

Alife > Supreme

yeah I said it

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

June 30, 2007 @ 08:46 PM
FFent Freelanc

yea supreme trumps ALIFE in both price and design, and if anything else is influencing you, your gay lol just because ALIFE is in more stores and you have easier access doesnt make them any better than supreme (and this is coming from someone who owns some alife tees and no supreme tees lol)
July 2, 2007 @ 12:24 AM
creep3

Its all hype.
July 2, 2007 @ 08:27 AM
Drebrooklyn

i like how alife is doing business and their collabs with artist with the concerts series is pretty dope..with alife it's more than just the clothes
July 2, 2007 @ 09:28 AM
grits

i don't care for their attitudes...

in their interviews..."no shop can hold a candle to us, etc."

i got news for them...noone outside NYC rocks their shit, unless it's some beasty kids trying to show some flair...or they got family in NYC.

where's their dope nike collabs? oh that's right...they've never done any.
July 2, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
Lifted.

i need dat 'as high as alife get' tee

anybody kno where i can cop online??
July 2, 2007 @ 10:46 AM
grits

I hope you know theres an Alife store in Vancouver.

let me rephrase...

noone outside NYC rocks alife.

vancouver doesn't enter my spectrum of validity. it's in canada for christs sake. smile
July 2, 2007 @ 01:01 PM
Drebrooklyn

who cares about Nike collabs...does having collabs make a company?
July 2, 2007 @ 01:54 PM
Giorgio1

lupe fiasco
July 2, 2007 @ 02:55 PM
Shanklin

^You out your fucking mind man. Take that bullshit somewhere else, I could careless if its UBER LIMITED but selling a tee for that much is stupid.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

July 2, 2007 @ 02:56 PM
Lifted.

i got it, ill sell it to you for 150.

lmao.
give me your address so i can personally go over and slap you
July 2, 2007 @ 02:57 PM
grits

who cares about Nike collabs...does having collabs make a company?

don't try to step out of the box and act like you are so entirely different from everybody else.

you're trying to tell me nike isn't THE biggest sneaker manufacturer? they aren't THE people calling the shots in the industry?

if alife is so big...why no nike collabs?

don't sit there and tell me it's because they don't want one. and i know nike gave them a tier 0 account...so obviously they're recognized.

my personal feeling is they think they're too good for it...
July 2, 2007 @ 03:04 PM
camthraxFHK

Alife also happens to be an OG sneaker boutique. They were at the forefront of the whole exposure of street culture.
July 2, 2007 @ 03:54 PM
Drebrooklyn

like i said nike collabs don't make a brand dude...i guess it does to you
July 2, 2007 @ 04:01 PM
flex1

Alife was probably the first true sneaker boutique in america, before undftd even.

They are definetely leaders in the game.

And Vancouver is right up there in the game and is probably in the top 5 cities in North America for Streetwear. NY, LA, San Fran and Vancouver, Toronto.
July 2, 2007 @ 05:02 PM
Theseventhletter

don't try to step out of the box and act like you are so entirely different from everybody else.

you're trying to tell me nike isn't THE biggest sneaker manufacturer? they aren't THE people calling the shots in the industry?

don't sit there and tell me it's because they don't want one. and i know nike gave them a tier 0 account...so obviously they're recognized.

before you keeping jacking your jaw twat boy have you ever heard of a nikexpuma collab? riight no you dont because they are competitors Alife is also a shoe brand so why would they collaborate with another shoe brand?
July 2, 2007 @ 05:13 PM
Fishscale

before you keeping jacking your jaw twat boy have you ever heard of a nikexpuma collab? riight no you dont because they are competitors Alife is also a shoe brand so why would they collaborate with another shoe brand?

They did a collab with Reebok. Those were dope too.
July 2, 2007 @ 05:33 PM
Theseventhletter

They did a collab with Reebok. Those were dope too.

touche! i didnt illustrate my point well enough......

Alife's shoe brand wont collaborate with another brand

Alife the clothing brand/store is pretty much the epitomy of the NY sneaker culture

and if i was told correctly alife has had a relationship with reebok for quite sometime prior to the pump releases
July 2, 2007 @ 06:51 PM
rayshiest

he's just mad he cant find the shop.
July 2, 2007 @ 08:07 PM

Inactive

i agree
July 3, 2007 @ 02:34 AM
grits

they can do collaborations with puma and reebok, but not nike?

are you fucking retarded?

apparently.

i could give a shit about the whole alife scene in NYC.

i don't give a rats ass...i was stating an opinion previously. i'm not the guy that got all personally offended 'cause i pounced on your precious boutique that keeps it real for all you "true" heads out there.
July 3, 2007 @ 03:23 AM

Inactive

alot of people really dont know how influential the dudes behind Alife were in building the NY streetwear scene along with supreme and union. Their store was basically a test market for nikes burgeoning retro market in the late 90's. they also took mass appeal, which at the time was simply a graff mag, into a full on lifestyle magazine, which complex and others ended up biting. they had the first levi's collab, the first modern dedicated sneaker boutique (yes before undftd, but not by that long, eddie had been bringing exclusives to the west coast through union for a long time before undftd was launched).

NOW, that being said, ALIFE FELL OFF. they had the world at their fingertips and they decided to let their ego run their business and are now resorting to selling their once revered brand to urban chain stores.
July 3, 2007 @ 03:35 AM
grits

alot of people really dont know how influential the dudes behind Alife were in building the NY streetwear scene along with supreme and union. Their store was basically a test market for nikes burgeoning retro market in the late 90's. they also took mass appeal, which at the time was simply a graff mag, into a full on lifestyle magazine, which complex and others ended up biting. they had the first levi's collab, the first modern dedicated sneaker boutique (yes before undftd, but not by that long, eddie had been bringing exclusives to the west coast through union for a long time before undftd was launched).

i know all this...their credibility wasn't in question. the roots of sneakers being distributed on the west coast by eddie cruz wasn't in question.

what was the main comment or point i was making is alife's shitty attitude. their interview that i read was in black and white...where they said "no one has shit on us, we're the best, etc."

i'm sorry, but in my humble opinion...when your west coast competition is opening stores left and right...and you still maintain that "we rep the streets" attitude...at the end of the day, business is business. they might have helped laid the bricks, but keep with the times. being in business isn't about keeping your small demographic happy.

people got respect for them for whatever reasons...that's fine. doesn't mean i have to like or buy their products, or the people that run the establishment.

Please login first to reply.