Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 23, 2012 @ 04:52 PM
Soul Rize

This one time I was at a thrift store and didn't find much, but I did see a really vintage looking umbrella once. It was like the ones that are handcrafted in England and looked really nice with a worn wooden handle. This girl was looking at it and say me admiring it out of the corner of her eye. She smiled at me and we made eye contact. I asked if she was going to buy it and she took it and planted it to the ground and leaned on it like Charlie Caplin and replied "Why are you interested?" in a playful way. It was pretty cute. She ended up letting me buy it and we both went our ways.

A few days later I was at a cafe trying to warm up a bit with a cup of coffee. I had my umbrella with me which came in handy since it was pouring rain out. I was standing in line when all of a sudden this guy starts making a scene. He's yelling at his girlfriend and berating her in front of everyone and then he admits publicly that he's been cheating on her for awhile now. He storms out of the cafe with his umbrella in hand.

She rushes out into the rain and just stops in front of the cafe and I realize it's the same girl I met at the thrift store a few days back. Everyone inside is gawking and whispering about the whole thing... I grab my umbrella, walk out to her, but she's already soaking wet, shaking from the cold, and crying. I take my umbrella, lay it aside, and stand next to her in the rain sipping my coffee. She looks up at me, her lips still quivering, and just leans up against me grabbing my sleeve. We stand there for what seemed like hours, but without saying a word she starts walking while holding my arm. We end up outside of her apartment. She places a hand on my face, stares doe eyed at me, kisses me on the cheek, and goes into her apartment complex. To this day we have never met again.

So did I ever find something dope at a thrift store? Yea, I found true romance and an experience that will haunt my heart for a lifetime.

10/10
good read.

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

September 23, 2012 @ 05:03 PM
reeser

I went to a couple a couple thrift stores the other day, they had 2 pairs of bapestas, this women's Gucci bag that was pretty beat, and some polo andlacoste shirts. Ended up getting 3 polos and 1 Lacoste shirt all of them were in brand new condition.
September 23, 2012 @ 05:06 PM
reggan

This one time I was at a thrift store and didn't find much, but I did see a really vintage looking umbrella once. It was like the ones that are handcrafted in England and looked really nice with a worn wooden handle. This girl was looking at it and say me admiring it out of the corner of her eye. She smiled at me and we made eye contact. I asked if she was going to buy it and she took it and planted it to the ground and leaned on it like Charlie Caplin and replied "Why are you interested?" in a playful way. It was pretty cute. She ended up letting me buy it and we both went our ways.

A few days later I was at a cafe trying to warm up a bit with a cup of coffee. I had my umbrella with me which came in handy since it was pouring rain out. I was standing in line when all of a sudden this guy starts making a scene. He's yelling at his girlfriend and berating her in front of everyone and then he admits publicly that he's been cheating on her for awhile now. He storms out of the cafe with his umbrella in hand.

She rushes out into the rain and just stops in front of the cafe and I realize it's the same girl I met at the thrift store a few days back. Everyone inside is gawking and whispering about the whole thing... I grab my umbrella, walk out to her, but she's already soaking wet, shaking from the cold, and crying. I take my umbrella, lay it aside, and stand next to her in the rain sipping my coffee. She looks up at me, her lips still quivering, and just leans up against me grabbing my sleeve. We stand there for what seemed like hours, but without saying a word she starts walking while holding my arm. We end up outside of her apartment. She places a hand on my face, stares doe eyed at me, kisses me on the cheek, and goes into her apartment complex. To this day we have never met again.

So did I ever find something dope at a thrift store? Yea, I found true romance and an experience that will haunt my heart for a lifetime.

Write a book about it! This shit only happens in movies.

http://juicydistortion.tumblr.com/

September 23, 2012 @ 05:13 PM
至高

Write a book about it! This shit only happens in movies.

Do this. then you guys can find each other again

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

September 23, 2012 @ 08:47 PM
IRNotHypebeast

my homie found that Angelina Jolie diamond shirt for 3 bucks at Buffalo exchange. nice ass deal if you ask me
October 15, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
Relax.

What are some spots in LA? I've had some luck at some random places around town. Still tryna get my thrifting game up tho
October 15, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
bjornvan

man like last year saw some blue air max 95's stupid cheap but they was like a 6'5.I didnt even think to sell them on ebay.I dont go to thrift stores often i dont even remember how or why i went to that one.
if anybody in atlanta thrift store shop on here that spot was at little 5 points im not sure if its still there.
October 15, 2012 @ 12:44 AM
Mikeyone4life

Found a pair of sz. 15 french blue 12's for I think $8 and sold them for $60.
October 15, 2012 @ 08:01 AM
Jay Z

10/10
good read.

This shit was amazing best post on hb. I need more write me more
October 15, 2012 @ 03:13 PM
PUT ON MY OJ GLOVES

found a pretty fly $5 button up and sold it for $90 to some n00b
October 15, 2012 @ 05:06 PM
emizzle

theres a thrift shop near my new job and ive been hitting it up before work 1 time every week and ive found some stuff. picked up a polo button up with tags still on it, a lacoste cardigan, stussy button up. if you count discount stores like ross n shit, i found some bape full zip hoodies for 8 bucks each. copped 2 of em.
October 15, 2012 @ 11:46 PM
Gwyn

Laughed at size 5.5 Ice Creams/ Bought a size small long sleeve polo, condition was good.

"I don't really care about the downvotes. If people read my comment my point was made." - redditor.

November 6, 2012 @ 04:29 AM
Jollibee.

November 6, 2012 @ 05:06 AM
ThatGuyBars

Hol

Laughed at size 5.5 Ice Creams/ Bought a size small long sleeve polo, condition was good.

Holy fuck ice creams at a thrift store? I need to see if my thrift store carries that shit

Ayyy!-Fonzie

November 6, 2012 @ 05:06 AM
Beez

10/10
good read.

one of the best posts I've read on HB.

please change thread title to appreciation of this post

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

November 6, 2012 @ 05:10 AM
ThatGuyBars

This one time I was at a thrift store and didn't find much, but I did see a really vintage looking umbrella once. It was like the ones that are handcrafted in England and looked really nice with a worn wooden handle. This girl was looking at it and say me admiring it out of the corner of her eye. She smiled at me and we made eye contact. I asked if she was going to buy it and she took it and planted it to the ground and leaned on it like Charlie Chaplin and replied "Why are you interested?" in a playful way. It was pretty cute. She ended up letting me buy it and we both went our ways.

Kodak Moment

Ayyy!-Fonzie

November 6, 2012 @ 05:50 AM
BitchMob

This one time I was at a thrift store and didn't find much, but I did see a really vintage looking umbrella once. It was like the ones that are handcrafted in England and looked really nice with a worn wooden handle. This girl was looking at it and say me admiring it out of the corner of her eye. She smiled at me and we made eye contact. I asked if she was going to buy it and she took it and planted it to the ground and leaned on it like Charlie Chaplin and replied "Why are you interested?" in a playful way. It was pretty cute. She ended up letting me buy it and we both went our ways.

Kodak Moment
How i met your mother typa stuff right here
November 6, 2012 @ 02:42 PM
The Fiasco

Hol

Holy fuck ice creams at a thrift store? I need to see if my thrift store carries that shit

Those are the shitty ice creams that reebok whored out to every mall in america and looking like ugly ass bowling shoes.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

November 6, 2012 @ 02:53 PM
wehatelondon

suspended

didn P sue them?

instagram-wehatelondon youtube-nicholasmcfly2800

November 6, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
dmwalking

Harris tweed blazer for $12. Cashmere sweater for $8.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

November 6, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
Gilly Suits

Got a Coal Green Plaid Camp cap for 15 @ Rescue in Boston

Culective.com //

November 6, 2012 @ 05:07 PM
thesaurusist

deleted
November 6, 2012 @ 05:56 PM
GOLDEN GUN La Flare

Found a pair of YSL shoes once. The lady didn't understand the value of the shoes and sold them to me for 10 bucks.
November 6, 2012 @ 10:25 PM
ThatGuyBars

Hol

Those are the shitty ice creams that reebok whored out to every mall in america and looking like ugly ass bowling shoes.

They not that ugly

Ayyy!-Fonzie

February 17, 2013 @ 12:38 AM
Gwyn

Anybody know if these are actually worth anything/ worth buying/ rare? Found at Marshalls and knew they looked like a good find.

edit: bonus pic of back pockets

"I don't really care about the downvotes. If people read my comment my point was made." - redditor.

February 17, 2013 @ 01:30 AM
Black Donald Trump

Anybody know if these are actually worth anything/ worth buying/ rare? Found at Marshalls and knew they looked like a good find.

damn thats crazy, are they irregular or something?
February 17, 2013 @ 02:58 AM
Gwyn

they're regular fit, but if I get them hemmed they'll still look good. Not raws or anything, and says to wash first, but they feel more like thick pants and I believe they're marketed as "trousers".

February 17, 2013 @ 05:27 AM
awhitehippy

My brother found some nice Common Projects for 40$, pretty good considering they're priced normally above 200$.

x

February 17, 2013 @ 07:30 AM
bryangeee

Best thrift stores in the Los Angeles area?

"Diamond Life is a state of mind, not how much you own" - Nick Tershay

February 17, 2013 @ 04:00 PM
erklep

scored some nice belts and some vans once

Please login first to reply.